Superpowers - Blessing Or Curse (starting again cos it hit a brick wall)

Started by Lady Jenn, August 15, 2011, 03:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haztur

Clarice nods as she heard the information "nice... so we have a creature from the future brought to our world and maybe ready to appear?" mumbled grumbles. "Ok its interenting to see that my ideas are no more absurd than reality."
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Oh its worse than that," Torrance said. "But no-one ever showed me the full files. All I know is that ship was sent here to stop something from happening, but for some reason the crew weren't told when or how it would occur. Or if they were they aren't willing to clue us in about it."

Haztur

"Well their prescense here might have changed events, changing the timeline, but also they could be following military protocols, just opening their order as certain circumstance happen, maybe a date or an event arrives." she shruggs.

She ignites the car and begins driving quite fast, really not caring about lights, more than once it looked like a car was going to hit them but she just continued and either by luck or skill they moved without problems along the street, "still while you didn't saw all the files you had a lot of clearance, if you check at the files would you be able to sort through them better?.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Maybe," he said. "I can't promise anything but I'll give it my best shot. I've got particular reason to hate the Hero Hunters, one of them...a particularly dangerous man called Enigma...killed my sister. She was only a telepath, didn't stand a chance against his abilities."

Haztur

"Who is this Enigma? What kind of powers do he has?" Clarice understand the man's desire for revenge, she was felling something like that less than an hour ago.

In a few more moments they were in front of the coffe shop, "I shouldn't leave it here, I suppose I can tell Riley to put it away, in the mean time come, There is much to do and we never know how much time do we still have."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"He's a telekinetic," Torrance replied. "But on a power level no-one can match. Its said even Breaker wouldn't win a fight against him. Untrained telekinetics have to see what they're throwing, he only needs to know roughly where it is and he can turn it into a lethal weapon."

Haztur

"sounds like a real monster, I suppose the old w to destory him would be the most eficient... if it works." Clarice thinks aloud. "We will find a way."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"Her and Aaron were old friends," he said, wiping away a tear. "He won't admit it but I think he and my sister were in love with each other. When he saw what happened to her he lost it, unlocking his pyrokinesis to a level he'd never seen before and hasn't reached since. Pretty much forced Enigma to retreat cos he wasn't prepared for the ferocity of Aaron's attack."

"If you find a table for four I'll get the drinks," he said as they walked into the cafe. "What do you want?"

Haztur

Clarice nods, for a moment thinking in taking Torrence to the back store, but not being her palce she decided to wait, the place looks deserted without Cypher's prescense.

"I suppose that is why he is so agressive." Says Clarice at Aaron's mention. Sits in a table close to the window "I think this might ake a while, but if yhey won't kill you I will have a dark coffee.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

He nodded, going over and getting a hot chocolate for himself, coming over just in time to see Riley come into the cafe with the laptop and a suitcase filled with papers.

"Hey Chris," Riley said, shaking his hand once Chris had put the drinks down. "I should've recognised the surname, I'm fairly sure there aren't that many Torrance's who've worked at the CIA. I'll be back in a second, just gonna grab some water," he said, putting the stuff down on one of the chairs round the table.

"How did you get into the CIA?" Chris asked Clarice. "I got recruited at college, part of me thinks they knew half my family had powers and they wanted to use me to try and track them down."

Haztur

Clarice takes her coffee and taes a sip, tasting the sweet aroma.

"For being a family the CIA keeps to many secrets among itself." says Clarice as she sees Riley "you might want to beging poruing the hard worn on him, I am sure we will be here a long while and we need to review a lot of files."

Clarice smiles at the question, "lets say that as my brother I was used to a different kind of behaviour and someone discovered me doing some impossible stunts, and as the Godfthar would say  he gave me an offer I would not be able to say no."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"At least they didn't recruit you to the Hunters," he said, smiling. "Then again you need to be a fairly nasty piece of work to get recruited to them. Its said that six of the most powerful powered people on Earth are among the Hunters. I can tell you about them if you want, I've read their files more than I probably should've done," he said, laughing.

Haztur

"Well my boss don't like other people knowing what I can do..." says smiling after drinking her coffee.

"Tell me, I suppose we need to find what they will do."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

He took out the file Riley had, putting it on the table between them

"There are two teams," he said. "One is people with low-level powers, essentially the scouts or the ones sent to deal with minor threats. The main team only has six members, but considering the powers they have between them that's about all they need. Breaker, the oldest of the group, has super-strength. Enigma is a telekinetic, Scythe can make spikes emerge from his body and can shoot them like they're bullets. Morph is a shapeshifte, Tempest controls the weather and then..." he paused. "No-one knows what the sixth member does because they've never had to deploy him. He's said to be so dangerous he has to be kept in a special cell designed purely to keep him in unless, or until, his skills are needed. He's also the only one with no codename, he's simlpy known by his first name, Dylan."

Haztur

"sounds like someone really dangerous" says Clarice as she finish reviewing the files for the hunter's team, "maybe we just need to find how to get rid of them.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"That's easier said than done," Riley said as he returned to the table. "The only good side is they rarely deploy more than two of the team at a time."

"That's because they never need more than two," Cypher said, walking over from the counter where he'd just ordered a tea. "Sorry, should've come over earlier, didn't want to interrupt the conversation though. I did manage to garner a rather interesting piece of information from my conversation with Myst though. I didn't ask for it he volunteered it out of the blue." He passed Riley a piece of paper.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked as he read it.

"Myst is rarely wrong," Cypher replied. "If anyone else had told me that I'd have thought it was a joke."

Haztur

"Well, one of the skills I learned inside the CIA after the training sesions had to do with sniper rifles... and I have found few people discuss with a tungsten filled case of lead, nor that the let me practice that much this days... boss likes to have his pretty oracle where he can find her." says Clarice with some kind of bitterness.

"And can we be up into the big secret? or does the kid have no bussiness with adults stuff?" Clarice ask half in joke, half serioulsy.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"He can't be..." Torrance said as he read it. "Sorry, she's right, we should tell her."

"There was a seventh Hero Hunter up until a few years ago," Cypher said. "A young woman by the name of Myra, her powers were magic-based. Unfortunately her brother developed powers of his own so she was sent to...'deal' with him.'"

"Strangely enough she refused," Torrance continued. "Unlike people like Breaker there were some lines she would never cross. They sent Scythe after her and her brother and it was assumed when only Scythe returned that she was dead."

"So imagine my surprise," Cypher said, "when Myst tells me he's sensed Myra somewhere in this city. It turns out part of the reason he came here was to try and track her down."

Haztur

"So we have a renegade hunter out in the streets... maybe with a fellow one inside the hunters, if Scythe didn't kill her was for something..." said Clarice thoughtful.

"So time is about to end as the world gets near the big surprise and he might soon be in a way or battle of epic proportion between meta humans." thinks in high voice.
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"She's not a threat," Riley said. "In fact she might be useful to us."

"What do you mean?" asked a puzzled Torrance.

"Think about it, no technology could get us down to that ship, but one of Myra's various magical abilities is-"

"-teleportation," Cypher said, a smile suddenly crossing his face.

Haztur

"Excellent... but it doesn't have to be like in the Fly?" Clarice at first looks quitre excited and then qite nervous "you know what I mean 1 by one, completely naked or then you ADN gets mixed with that of other stuff?"
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"No," Cypher said, "It definitely doesn't work like that. She can do it one of two ways, either directly teleporting or, especially if she can't see where she's aiming for, she can create a portal in thin air between the two locations."

Haztur

"mmm" Clarice ponders "then I supose it will have to be the portal, lets hope she doesn't bring a big chunk of the water there."
-Mark Twain

Lady Jenn

"She's teleported through worse believe me," Cypher said. "She also has one unique thing over the other Hunters. Most of them are hardened criminals, she wasn't. She got picked purely cos of her powerset, she was bullied as a kid so they just found the right words to sweettalk her into helping them."

Haztur

"Oh, so now we just need to find her and sweet talk her back?" Said Clarice a bit doubtful.
-Mark Twain