Isle of the Damned - Recruitment Thread - Always Open

Started by GnothiSeauton, September 09, 2014, 04:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

Bit more playing around in photoshop:

I did a quick possible logo for the game:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Full size image is pretty large.

And, as people may have seen in the OOC, I had a crack at making the map a bit pretty:

Warning: Full size image is huge

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: consortium11 on September 11, 2014, 11:47:22 AM

And, as people may have seen in the OOC, I had a crack at making the map a bit pretty:

o.O duuuude epic
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

And both are badass!

GnothiSeauton

I think I remember seeing the map you did up.  I've been swamped that I hadn't gotten a chance to really check it out.  It looks absolutely great to me, as does the logo! 

Would you mind if we used it?  Without a doubt I'll give you credit for both.

Going to attempt to get through some of the sheets and PMs that have filled up the inbox later today or tonight.  Right now working through some technical issues and have to get some stuff done around the house before I can really put my mind and focus on the messages that have accumulated.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

consortium11

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 11, 2014, 01:02:49 PM
I think I remember seeing the map you did up.  I've been swamped that I hadn't gotten a chance to really check it out.  It looks absolutely great to me, as does the logo! 

Would you mind if we used it?  Without a doubt I'll give you credit for both.

Feel free... that's sort of why I made it  :-)

On that note if anyone does have anything they want doing that requires a bit of photoshopping; edits to face claim pictures, flags/banners/signs for the various pirate ships/mercenary companies/shops etc etc feel free to give me a buzz and I'll see what I can do.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: consortium11 on September 11, 2014, 01:36:32 PM
Feel free... that's sort of why I made it  :-)

On that note if anyone does have anything they want doing that requires a bit of photoshopping; edits to face claim pictures, flags/banners/signs for the various pirate ships/mercenary companies/shops etc etc feel free to give me a buzz and I'll see what I can do.

Just wanted to get your approval before I went ahead and did it :P

I thought of something about that.  Different flags, banners, crests, etc.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bloodied Porcelain

I've been hoping to do some signature images and an advertisement banner, I just don't have net at home so I'm limited to what I can produce until my photoshop enabled PC has net again x.x
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Bloodied Porcelain

Also... double post:

My current plans that are in the works (despite how slow regular net and general emotional upheaval RL has made me), if anyone wants to plot connections:

Female adventurer from Malum... part of a family line with rumors/family legends saying they're actually part of the Dumar family, though there's no proof or confirmation of it, just legends and that every other generation or so, a member of the family is born with some enhanced abilities (not magic, but like... better low light/night vision, reflexes, etc than the average human) that could be harkened back to dark elf ancestry. Plans for her to run in to the NPC Drakaras dude and there to be a mixture of instinctive/purposeful hatred as well as latent sexual tension. Cause who doesn't love wanting to simultaneously kill the person you're lusting after? ::)  The idea is that she's come to the island to explore the ruins and jungles. I haven't figured out exactly what she is looking for though.

A female slave trained as an assassin/spy. I don't have an owner for her yet, and I'm actually going back and forth with myself as to how long she's been on the Island or if she will just be arriving, freshly caught. Perhaps she was a spy/assassin in her old land? Someone who was very good at pretending to be whatever was needed to get close to men with power so as to do her job and then get out before anyone realized she had anything to do with it? She was captured at sea, most likely, or was betrayed and sold to slavers to take to the island. I kind of dig the betrayal bit, tbh. If anyone is interested in connections with her, like the person who brings her in and the person who buys her and the like, let me know.

A brothel madam/owner. Her first business is female flesh, but her second (and most lucrative at times) is information. Her guys and girls hear plenty they were never meant to know... Clients let things slip when deep in to their cups, make confessions in moments of love and passion, etc. She collects the information and for the right price, she might sell it to you. She is first and foremost a pragmatist, however, so her business is not directly involved in anything that could put them at too much a risk, like killings and the like, and if you let slip where you found out what she told you, you can expect to never utter another word.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Flower

Those are really awesome!

Aiden

Also, what is the main port called? The one that has all the points of interest. I don't recall reading it.

For the sake of the game, I imagine this is where most of the game will be taking place/staged from.

Ebb

Quote from: Aiden on September 11, 2014, 02:43:24 PM
Also, what is the main port called? The one that has all the points of interest. I don't recall reading it.

For the sake of the game, I imagine this is where most of the game will be taking place/staged from.

I gather that the island and town have the same name, Effugios. Probably distinguishable by context most of the time.

Aiden

I was assuming the same, but there is a part of me that wants to have a 'Port' in the name.

Port Royale
Deadman's Port
Freedman's Port
Shipwreck Port

etc etc.

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Amelita

Hey guys <3

Just a quick heads up that I'm not going to be joining the game after all. Sorry about that!

Happy writing to all of you and I'm sure you'll have awesome fun with this :)

-leaves hugs and lovin-

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Amelita on September 11, 2014, 03:56:29 PM
Hey guys <3

Just a quick heads up that I'm not going to be joining the game after all. Sorry about that!

Happy writing to all of you and I'm sure you'll have awesome fun with this :)

-leaves hugs and lovin-

But!!! But!!!!! *Hugs tight* We'll still have Hogwarts darling. I'll work on my character for it soon so that I can drive some of your lovely characters nuts.

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

eightxinfinity

Always super intimidated by the size and scope of these stories, but the piratey-ness has definitely piqued my interest!
Ons/Offs and my poorly maintained idea thread

NosCorventius

Would it be alright with our esteemed Gm's if my Captain from Malum is the 3rd son in line for the Drakaras throne. The youngest child who decided to use his cunning and skill at sea to escape the shadow of his brothers?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: NosCorventius on September 11, 2014, 05:27:04 PM
Would it be alright with our esteemed Gm's if my Captain from Malum is the 3rd son in line for the Drakaras throne. The youngest child who decided to use his cunning and skill at sea to escape the shadow of his brothers?

I'm going to send you a PM about that.  I've probably gotten ahead of myself, but I've had some ideas about Malum and it's royal family.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Ebb on September 11, 2014, 02:52:52 PM
I gather that the island and town have the same name, Effugios. Probably distinguishable by context most of the time.

Quote from: Aiden on September 11, 2014, 02:55:47 PM
I was assuming the same, but there is a part of me that wants to have a 'Port' in the name.

Port Royale
Deadman's Port
Freedman's Port
Shipwreck Port

etc etc.

Here's my view, and I probably should have made this known earlier/added it into the Info thread, but I just haven't gotten the breathing space to get to it.

Effugios is the name of the island.  I figured that, for the most part that Effugios would also serve as the name of the main village that's situated on the island on the beach, nestled between the fort and the volcano.

The main beach has become something of a makeshift camp of sorts, where sailors set up tents and the like for staying on the island when not wanting to pay for a room or a house, etc.  That's where boats could land, and where small cargo can be unloaded.  There's a larger port, with docks and the like, for larger cargo unloading, and larger earners who bring in more money and profit to the island.  I figured most ships would lay anchored in the harbor/bay, while the ships that provide enough resources, enough profit, and ships that bring in large cargo that can't be ferried over in smaller boats, are able to dock.

I have to say, I like Deadman's Bay as the body of water.  The port and docks/beach could be Freedmen's Port and Beach.

Seeking New Stories

NosCorventius

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 11, 2014, 06:27:41 PM
I'm going to send you a PM about that.  I've probably gotten ahead of myself, but I've had some ideas about Malum and it's royal family.

Looking forward to it. I had a couple of ideas about them as well.

Samael Grimaldi

Discord: Archfiend7820

RampantDesires

I'm going to have to go ahead and bow out here.  Super thanks to those of you who answered my questions and started making ties, you guys are awesome.  I very much look forward to reading/hearing about your hijinks :)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

GnothiSeauton

A general announcement...  All claims are updated, I believe.  If I missed something, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Quote from: Samael Grimaldi on September 11, 2014, 08:16:52 PM
I'm interested, I do believe. :)

Welcome aboard :)

Quote from: RampantDesires on September 11, 2014, 08:21:24 PM
I'm going to have to go ahead and bow out here.  Super thanks to those of you who answered my questions and started making ties, you guys are awesome.  I very much look forward to reading/hearing about your hijinks :)

I'm sad to see you go.  I was really looking forward to writing with you and seeing your character.  If you ever change your mind, you're more than welcome to return.

Seeking New Stories

EdwardShane

Mmmm.....tentatively expressing interest.  I've had a rougeish female character floating around in my mind, and she could easily fit in with a pirate crew.  I am aware it might be difficult for her at first, if nothing else, but I'm pretty sure things will turn out all right.

Edit: Skimmed through all the backstory, history, and such, think I might be more fully interested.  Just need to work with the raw information to fill out the character sheet, will try and send her in for approval tonight.  If not tonight, probably sometime tomorrow.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: EdwardShane on September 11, 2014, 08:37:13 PM
Mmmm.....tentatively expressing interest.  I've had a rougeish female character floating around in my mind, and she could easily fit in with a pirate crew.  I am aware it might be difficult for her at first, if nothing else, but I'm pretty sure things will turn out all right.

Edit: Skimmed through all the backstory, history, and such, think I might be more fully interested.  Just need to work with the raw information to fill out the character sheet, will try and send her in for approval tonight.  If not tonight, probably sometime tomorrow.

Excellent!

And take your time with the character sheet.  We've experience a bit of a backlog with character sheets submitted today.  Slowly working through them.

Seeking New Stories