Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Temptress

Hannah snickered at Kat and Jen.

" Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Hannah and this is my husband Jake."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"If you're down here at Camp Twilight things must be getting bad," Mack said with a laugh, turning white when the others didn't join in the humour. "Geez, how bad is it?"

"We're talking an Omega-1 level incursion," Jen replied.

"Oh...oh dear, you're going to want the Sentinel brought online then aren't you," Mack said with a sigh. "Wait here, I'll go fire it up."

Lady Temptress

Hannah remains silent and standing close to Jake.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Sorry to sound completely innocent," Jake said, turning to Kat and Jen. "But what the hell is the Sentinel?"

"It's the AI that runs this base," Kat replied. "And right now it may be the only way of figuring out how to fix this mess before it is too late. It manages to store every recorded incursion ever."

Lady Temptress

Hannah stays quite and she listens to their chatting like she always does.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Come in here," came a shout from the next room. "You guys are going to want to see this."

When they entered the nearby door they found themselves in a massive room, at one end of which was a computer console but stretched out in front of it was a huge holographic display of what looked like thousands of strands of string hanging in the air, the occasional glowing dot placed at intervals along them.

"This, my friends, is an image of every recorded timeline the Agency has ever come across. Best guess is there's at least 200 here."

Lady Temptress

Hannah nods her head and she follows them inside while walking beside Jake and she looks around wide eyed.

" Oh wow."

That's all she manages to say.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Every dot of this is a known incursion event," Mack continued. "Or at least the ones we're aware of anyway."

"And we've got to find the real timeline from these?" Jake said with an exasperated sigh. "Who wants to suggest where we start?"

Lady Temptress

Hanna sighs and she shrugs her shoulders.

" I haven't a clur where to begin."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"In all likelihood it will be a minor alteration," Mack said. "At first anyway. If they attempted to cause too big a fracture it would alert the Agency to what was happening."

While they spoke one of the strands towards the back of the image was glowing a strange green colour, faintly but enough to be noticed by someone paying attention.

Lady Temptress

Hannah listens closely and she is a bit confused, but doesn't let on that she is.

" Alright, so what's our next plan of action? "
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

We split into teams, we'll be able to search this image quicker that way than trying to read this whole thing all at once I promise you that. Who do you want to pair up with?"

Lady Temptress

" I'll go with my husband, Jake, of course."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Okay," Mack replied. "There's only one other thing you need to know: if something triggers the alarm inform us immediately, there's only one thing that'd set the alarm off and...safe to say it is not a good thing."