Interest Check: Mech Arena Combat RP - ONE VACANCY LEFT

Started by Vergil Tanner, March 03, 2015, 04:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 11, 2015, 07:44:26 PM
but I do feel I have to warn you all; there is another stage after this, and in it, I will be doing my best to shred apart your bios. I won't be nasty about it, it's just the best way that I've found to get everybody gelling together. It gets any issues anybody might have with the characters out of the way, and helps plug any loopholes in the character. Hell, when we get there, I expect you guys to do it to my character. I'm warning you in advance so that you don't think I'm just being mean :P
*gasp*  I knew there was a part two!  *laughs*  Let's hope that there aren't too many worries to iron out!  Though, you know me:  I'll wind up over-analyzing everything and think too much on details.  D:

That said, I totally forgot until just now to say what Angela's motivations were!  She's basically getting off on the thrill of crushing opponents with Ragnarok.  >.>;  Just added that part in there, haha!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Vergil Tanner

If you don't have time tonight, don't worry about it; just get it in as soon as you can...I'm anxious to get this started, once we have maybe a person or two more.

As for the oral stuff...I can appreciate that, but most of it - being an oral history - is speech, and what I'm looking for is more of a situational narration. Like, how would you write her in a combat scene? I doubt she would be monologuing in a fight, instead settling for short, sharp orders, so I'm kind of looking for how you would write her thought processes and actions in a scene where there is inherently not much dialogue. :-) Again, take your time...I want to get an accurate idea of how you would write, which means letting you go at your own pace (within reason). :-)

And haha, Serp...well, you went through it all before, and probably saw some in the history of the WCBH character thread. Except then you had about four voices...I have to be extra harsh to make up for being the only one. :P But you, at least, have had dealings with me in the past....I try to be harsh but fair when in GM mode. :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Jarred109

Sorry! Haven't been following the thread that closely! But new people, awesome!
@ Vergil Tanner: Wait.. two more scout mechs? We got the Lady, you don't need no more stinkin' scout mechs then that!

@King Serperior I like the picture, it does kinda look like how I had pictured. I may use it as a reference base to build off of!

Vergil Tanner

Right, sorry, for some reason I thought Lady was an Assault. No clue why, but there you go. So, current mech count stands at 2 Assaults (Oryx and whatever I decide to call mine, when I eventually get the time to write up the character in my head >.> ), one scout (Lady) and one Heavy (Ragnarok). That means that, at minimum, we need one more scout and one more heavy to make two balanced teams. :-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 12, 2015, 06:38:31 PM
Right, sorry, for some reason I thought Lady was an Assault. No clue why, but there you go. So, current mech count stands at 2 Assaults (Oryx and whatever I decide to call mine, when I eventually get the time to write up the character in my head >.> ), one scout (Lady) and one Heavy (Ragnarok). That means that, at minimum, we need one more scout and one more heavy to make two balanced teams. :-)
My vote's on 'Negotiator' or 'Law Maker.'   8-)

Quote from: Jarred109 on March 12, 2015, 06:32:39 PM
@King Serperior I like the picture, it does kinda look like how I had pictured. I may use it as a reference base to build off of!
Glad you like it!  I may keep an eye out for ones that may look more along those lines.   :D  I frequent places where mech images are common!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Vergil Tanner

Haha, well, I was toying with the idea of an ex-soldier who fights in Mech tournaments because the soldiers pension is pretty shitty, and he doesn't have other skills to capitalise on. If I go with that concept, his Mech will likely just be called "Sarge," or "Soldier" or something utilitarian like that. :P

Kadigan

Putting some interest in here, if I can figure out a character concept I like and a picture for the mech I like..

Vergil Tanner

No worries, I look forward to seeing whatever you come up with. :-) Also, just a note, you don't have to have a faceclaim; you can just provide a written description, if you want. :-)

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 12, 2015, 06:47:26 PM
Haha, well, I was toying with the idea of an ex-soldier who fights in Mech tournaments because the soldiers pension is pretty shitty, and he doesn't have other skills to capitalise on. If I go with that concept, his Mech will likely just be called "Sarge," or "Soldier" or something utilitarian like that. :P
Heh, I can sort of see that!  If that were the case, expect a lot of sarcasm from Angela about the 'uncreative name.'  :P

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on March 12, 2015, 07:29:55 PM
Putting some interest in here, if I can figure out a character concept I like and a picture for the mech I like..
If you need help, I can certainly find a good mech image.  I'd just need to know sort of what you're looking for.

On another note, I've been thinking more about that 'Mecha Killswitch' that were discussed a little bit and I think I may have an idea that works somewhat better:

Each mech has a well-protected internal power source rather than a very vulnerable one (I think that would make taking out the power source the focus rather than the battles themselves which would take out a lot of the creativity in the battles).  In that place, there should be arenas that have various themes that can give advantages and disadvantages to various mechs (Mists, sandstorms, icy conditions, jungles, thick fog, heavy rain, etc).  Some of them would give advantages to Scout mechs (fog, smoke, thick jungles) and others would give advantage to heavier mechs (Icy areas).  There could also be preset traps like artificial rockslides that can be initiated to fall on foes that are below.  As a mech's leg joints are of dire importance, that would add some major strategy as well.  Some battles could have a 'King of the Hill' style where whoever controls the hill has an advantage, but become big targets or something like 'Capture the Flag.'  The 'Big, glowing killswitch' on the backs seems to be an easy way out when targeting the weapons systems and luring others into traps would be more entertaining.  Plus, if someone fires off a few good rounds with heavy weapons and they continue to hit the same spot over and over, what's not to say that something will make it to the power source anyway and shut the mech down?  I could see a team of Scout Mechs armed with Sniper Rifles making that their win condition, haha!

Those are just some more thoughts on the matter though.  If the power source on the back is your final decision, I can roll with it and eventually figure something out to help defend against that.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

Well, assuming for a moment that Angela and my character are on the same team, that would be followed by a snarky "Would you prefer that I come up with an original name, or spend the time instead coming up with strategies to help us actually win?" :P

Everything you said about the different style arenas is something I've already considered and incorporated. What, did you think we were just gonna be fighting in a vast dome filled with sand, a la Ancient Rome? :P Nah, the arenas I have planned are faaaaar more interesting than that. :P You forget, I've been thinking about this RP for about a year now. ;) Come now, dude. This isn't my first rodeo. :P :P

As for the "weakspot," I wasn't suggesting that they be giant glowing orange orbs, just that they would be more vulnerable than the front chest of the Mechs, which kinda goes without saying. That being said, each arena would have its own set of special objectives - for example, Point Capture - and if for example one team held two of the three points for 70% of the match, but all of their mechs ended up disabled, they would still win since objective completion is worth more "points" than simply disabling the enemies mechs. It's entirely possible for a team to win and not have disabled a single enemy mech. Don't worry, Serp, I've thought of that :D Obviously the power source will have armour on it, it will just be weaker armour than the front chest. It adds an extra element of "We need to get the objectives, but we can't afford to be flanked...." which also lends itself well into certain modes. Say, for example, King of the Hill (or, as a possible pun, King Of The Hull); the base gives you MASSIVE amounts of points as long as you hold it, but it's very easy to surround and flank, and is in an exposed position making it very easy to assault. Little problems like that for the Commanders to solve. :P

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 13, 2015, 06:18:47 PM
Well, assuming for a moment that Angela and my character are on the same team, that would be followed by a snarky "Would you prefer that I come up with an original name, or spend the time instead coming up with strategies to help us actually win?" :P
And she'd tell him that she'll make the name as he's so 'busy.'  :P 

Everything you said about the different style arenas is something I've already considered and incorporated. What, did you think we were just gonna be fighting in a vast dome filled with sand, a la Ancient Rome? :P Nah, the arenas I have planned are faaaaar more interesting than that. :P You forget, I've been thinking about this RP for about a year now. ;) Come now, dude. This isn't my first rodeo. :P :P
Great!  I've been overanalyzing and thinking things wayyyyy too much for the last couple of days!  :P  *Here's hopes for a watery arena*

As for the "weakspot," I wasn't suggesting that they be giant glowing orange orbs, just that they would be more vulnerable than the front chest of the Mechs, which kinda goes without saying. That being said, each arena would have its own set of special objectives - for example, Point Capture - and if for example one team held two of the three points for 70% of the match, but all of their mechs ended up disabled, they would still win since objective completion is worth more "points" than simply disabling the enemies mechs. It's entirely possible for a team to win and not have disabled a single enemy mech. Don't worry, Serp, I've thought of that :D Obviously the power source will have armour on it, it will just be weaker armour than the front chest. It adds an extra element of "We need to get the objectives, but we can't afford to be flanked...." which also lends itself well into certain modes. Say, for example, King of the Hill (or, as a possible pun, King Of The Hull); the base gives you MASSIVE amounts of points as long as you hold it, but it's very easy to surround and flank, and is in an exposed position making it very easy to assault. Little problems like that for the Commanders to solve. :P
Okay, now I get what you're saying.  I was worried that it was kind of a One-Hit KO type of deal.  :o  I would assume that the back has about 60% of the armor of the front? 

Haha, now I am even more excited to get things going than I was before.   XD

Apologies for my over-analysis of everything recently.  You know how detail oriented I am on things!  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

And he'd tell her to "fuck off and worry about your own damn Mech." :P

I'm not entirely sure how a watery arena would work with Mechs but I'll see what I can come up with. :P

One Hit Kill? You wound me with how stupid you think I am to even consider that. ;) :P Of course it wouldn't be a OHKO. And yeah, between 60-70% armour of the front. *nods*

Haha, yes, I do....but likewise, you should know by now how nitpicky I am. ;) :P

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 13, 2015, 06:35:35 PM
And he'd tell her to "fuck off and worry about your own damn Mech." :P
Haha!
I'm not entirely sure how a watery arena would work with Mechs but I'll see what I can come up with. :P
Well, depending on the minimal size of a mech, the water would go to about knee-deep which would make moving more difficult for some mechs.  Plus, it would add a massive noise factor to the equation.
One Hit Kill? You wound me with how stupid you think I am to even consider that. ;) :P Of course it wouldn't be a OHKO. And yeah, between 60-70% armour of the front. *nods*
No wounding meant!  I've heard of games where mecha have 'killswitches' along those lines where if the power source was disabled, the mech in question would fall apart.  Though, that usually is seen in games where the power sources in question is fragile and complicated like a pocketwatch, where if one thing goes wrong, everything does.  >.>;

Apologies for any accidental implying as to your intelligence.  D:  I'm not the best with words when it comes to explaining things.....
Haha, yes, I do....but likewise, you should know by now how nitpicky I am. ;) :P
*nodnod*  I guess we'll both have to keep each other on our toes with our nitpicky details.  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

:P

Well, then you would need something extra than just ankle-deep water. I'll consider it, see what I come up with. Maybe some kind of Island-Hopping arena, where you fight on plateau's set into lakes and have to travel along thin bridges to get between them, and there are the occasional hidden tunnels that lead beneath the lake itself, and periodically the platforms will shift and rearrange, some getting higher and some disappearing beneath the lake...I'll have to work out a system to randomise that, but I have time yet. Just ideas for the moment!

Dude, I was joking :P Don't worry about it. :P

Oh, you don't get to nitpick me unless I ask. In this game, I have more power than any god you care to mention. (again, a joke :P )

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 13, 2015, 06:49:47 PM
Well, then you would need something extra than just ankle-deep water. I'll consider it, see what I come up with. Maybe some kind of Island-Hopping arena, where you fight on plateau's set into lakes and have to travel along thin bridges to get between them, and there are the occasional hidden tunnels that lead beneath the lake itself, and periodically the platforms will shift and rearrange, some getting higher and some disappearing beneath the lake...I'll have to work out a system to randomise that, but I have time yet. Just ideas for the moment!
Not Ankle deep, but knee deep!  Though, I was thinking more along the lines of there being a very rocky or hilly arena that starts dry.  Then, over time, the waters start rising and force the mechs onto the hills that become islands that are connected by thin bridges that occasionally submerge and leave those on the islands stranded for a few minutes.

Another idea I had was for an arena that gradually gets smaller and smaller the longer the battle becomes.
Dude, I was joking :P Don't worry about it. :P

Oh, you don't get to nitpick me unless I ask. In this game, I have more power than any god you care to mention. (again, a joke :P )
*laughs*  No worries.  It's been a long day and I'm slightly tired, so things that may be jokes may not register as jokes until a little after the fact.  >.>;

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

Well, I'll figure something out. We need to start the RP before we can start worrying about whether or not the types of arenas are diverse enough. :P

Haha, I get that feeling, believe me. XD

SargentToughie

Alrighty! After talking things out with Vergil, and making some much needed modifications, here is my legitimate character submission.

Player Name: SargentToughie
Character Name: Shana Lefabre
Sex: Female
Planet or colony of origin: Mars

Appearance:

Brief History and Motivations: Shana was born and raised in the slums of the Martian industrial districts, where her father ran off to Earth before she was even born, and her mother had so little money to her name that Shana essentially spent every waking hour alone because her mother was always out working, and trying her absolute hardest just to keep her and her daughter's heads above the water. Life was a constant struggle for the two of them, though when she was only eleven years old, Shana would make the decision to leave home along with a friend of hers, where the two of them would join up with one of the many, many small time criminal outfits that dotted the Martian slums. Due to it's overwhelmingly industrialized nature, and the lack of a solid economy to give people a solid ground, it was only natural that Mech theft became a prime flavor for how small time criminals were able to amass their fortune and fame. At first it was relatively simple, the outfit only having the two children break down small components to find out what could be sold for scrap metal, and what had to get sent to the fine parts section instead. However, as they got older, more and more responsibilities got placed on the two of them, and around age 16, Shana was starting to get tasked with the thefts of the mechs themselves.

This involved little more than breaking into a completed mech cargo bay, letting one of her comrades crack open the cockpit, doing some hotwiring, and walking right out the bay door in her new prize. It wasn't anything complicated, but it gave her a basic, fundamental understanding on how to move the gigantic robots, something that would come into play later down the line, when a young man she met during one of their 'joint heists' expressed an interest in going clean, and using his intimate mechanical knowledge of how to maintain/repair mechs for something far more meaningful than just ripping down the belongings of another, and selling them across the black market. Seventeen years old at the time, Shana ended up spending nearly a month dwelling on the thought. She'd spent the most defining years of her life with the same seven or eight people... Even when that childhood friend of hers that had gotten her here in the first place moved on to a different group, she opted to stay.

In the end though, when all was said and done, she called him up and expressed her interest in going clean as well. In the end, she did want to try and leave her old way of life behind her, she wanted to try and make something of herself... Be somebody more relevant than just the girl that stole that one mech, and made her co-workers a boat load of money. And so, with one final job, one last robbery from a small and relatively unassuming freelance battling crew that had made the mistake of staying in their city for the week, the Lefabre crew was born, both members changing their last names and posing as a brother/sister pilot and mechanic tag team. They fled town as quickly as they could, scrubbing themselves of their criminal records and taking to small scale backyard tournaments with their newly re-specced, re-licensed, and re-painted mech that they had re-acquired, the Einenlancer.

The only problem that stood in their way was the fact that taking part in combat tournaments required Shana to be a combat pilot, when she'd only walked and run the giant things around a little bit.

Piloting was extremely different from raw mechanical work, and although she had piloted mechs countless times growing up in her old outfit, moving the thing around and wielding it in combat were two entirely different beasts. It was stressful, exhausting, frustrating, and there were times where Shana felt like she just wanted to spend an evening curling up in a ball and crying because of just how bad she felt at it... But the sensation of victory she got, the adrenaline flowing through her veins... No matter just how taxing on her body and mind combat piloting turned out to be, Shana always found herself crawling back ready for more, and going to bed each and every night with thoughts about how she could do things faster, smarter, smoother... Were she a more jaded mind, she would consider her newfound addiction self-destructive, but the pain, the headaches, the stress got less intense each and every time she gripped those controls. Everything felt more organic, the arms and legs of her mech felt more and more like extensions of her own body. Before long, she felt like she was ready to stop fighting in the underground fighting arenas and back alley tournaments, and head for the big leagues. It was just a huge pain in the ass that Mars didn't have any sort of middle ground in between fighting under the table in matches that didn't count for jack shit, and the big leagues... The closest comparison would be like playing backyard baseball, and then suddenly finding yourself pitching for the MLB.

Nevertheless, she and Nathan, her new 'brother' moved forward to try and get themselves a big name sponsorship. If they could do that, then the rest would work itself out... It didn't matter what it took, how difficult it was, or how many things stood in their way, their lives as criminals and thieves was going to come to an end. Three years of training and combat experience in the underground martian circuit was enough to get her in to the big leagues, right? She could only hope...

Mech

Mech Name: Einenlancer

Mech Class: Scout

Mech Armaments:
Default loadout
-Assault Rifle
-Light Pistol

subsystems
Special system

Mech Appearance:

Writing sample

Shana gripped the handles inside Einenlancer's cockpit harder, her heartbeat quickening as she stepped out onto the battlefield. Seeing as how this was just an underground circuit, it was basically just a huge battle arena akin to the Roman circular coliseums of old, no real area hazards or gimmicks to speak of outside of it's huge, rocky sloped boundaries. She was going to have to be smart if she wanted to use the rubble and debris scattering the arena as enough meaningful cover to stop her from getting shot to bits... Looking at her opponent, she sighed in relief at the sight of another scout type mech, and while this one seemed to be a bit behind the technology curve when compared to Einenlancer, she couldn't disrespect the fact that it was loaded out with a Bazooka... One direct hit from that thing, and it was going to be light's out for Shana... That, or it could just peg two or three of them nearby, and catch her in the explosions. There were quite a few win conditions that this beater had, but as long as Shana kept them in mind, and didn't give her opponent any of those openings, things should work out just fine...

The buzzer rang out, signaling the start of the battle, and almost instantly Shana was transforming into her buggy, zipping away as a round fired onto her previous position, a huge explosion racking against the now closed entry gate while Shana simply saw the plumes and flames in her rear view mirror. So he was trigger happy, was he? That was good to know. Slipping behind a piece of debris, she transformed back into her humanoid form and looked upwards, watching as her opponent seemed to be doing the same, albeit a fair bit slower since he was stuck to his humanoid form. She stood up quickly, opening fire on the exposed figure while he was still making his way to cover. To her delight, she noticed that she was able to get in a few pot shots around his knee joints. Nothing more meaningful than some dents and some scratched paint, but it felt good to draw first blood. With her opponent now behind cover, Shana quickly went back into buggy form, zipping around the outlines of the arena far faster than that rocket launcher could get a proper bead on her. As long as she kept the petal to the metal, and kept an eye focused on her opponent, he wouldn't be able to fire on her without running the risk of just wasting more ammo for no real gain.

She traced him with his eyes, her opponent being clever as he used the time where she was stuck in buggy form to boost upwards, standing atop the border of the arena as he brought his rocket launcher down towards her. Just what in the world was he firing at, though? She didn't see how he was going to connect with any of them... Still, bazooka rounds fired off one after the other, some of them getting surprisingly close and forcing Shana to veer off to the sides in order to not get blown to bits. She had to give him credit, either he was using some kind of advanced targeting system, or he was just really good at reading her movements. She transformed back into a mech, hopping up onto one of the rocky slopes where she would unload a clip from her assault rifle while she was off against his flank, just below and to the right of him. The ground beneath his feet caved a bit, but it was only enough to cause him to boost off of the ground. Yeah, it was clear that this guy was using enhanced jump boosters, ones more potent than what she had available since he was able to move from a dead halt like that. Looking over towards him, she cursed loudly, realizing that he now had the flank on her while he was still in mid-air. He fired the bazooka once more, Shana dropping downwards to avoid the first explosion, but she'd have bigger problems to deal with once the round collided with the wall.

The rocks shifted, whined, and caved under the explosion. Rocks came tumbling down, smashing into Einenlancer one after the other and sending her off the rocky slope, and crashing down to the ground below as boulder after boulder slammed into it's hull. Dazed, Shana groaned as she rubbed the back of her head where it had slammed into the cockpit behind her. "Damn it..." She got cocky, her arrogance now causing some pretty severe damage to the hull as she slowly started to make her way out of the rubble. Looking up towards her opponent, she counted her blessings at the fact that his clip had run out, and he had to use the entire time reloading after he slammed back down into the ground, his leg joints clearly taking some pretty severe hits of their own once his jets gave out and he came crashing down. She transformed quickly once she broke free, speeding away as she kept to the outsides of the arena. He wasn't able to move as easily now thanks to his damaged legs, but he was still able to limp his way to a piece of rubble to hide behind... However... Judging from the fact that he was now sandwiched between that piece of metallic rubble, and what looked to be a particularly oddly shaped rock that slanted upwards, Shana saw her opportunity.

She drove as quickly as she could, slamming on her speed boosters as she zipped around faster than he could react in his damaged state. She flew right off to the side of him, still speeding as quickly as she could before she slammed on the emergency break and tilted the steering wheel slightly, causing the buggy to slide around 180 degrees to where it now faced that slanted rock head on. Speed boosters were back on, and the buggy drove up the rock at full speed, ramping off of it, as it started to fly towards the mech. Shana transformed back to mech form in mid-air, using one of her leg jets without it's brother to shift her weight over towards one leg while she still moved towards her opponent with all that built up speed and momentum that she'd built up in buggy form. With a fearsome shout, Shana used the jet booster on her leg to slam one of Einenlancer's feet into the side of the other mech's head with so much speed, force, and momentum the whole opposing frame let out a huge groan of metallic agony, the head's sockets snapping and breaking, and nearly ripping the whole head off with one single, decisive move as the older mech slammed into the floor.

Einenlancer's left foot was fucked, but it didn't matter. Still in humanoid form, she kept to her knee and pulled out her heavy pistol, emptying an entire clip's worth of rounds right into the downed scout's rocket launcher wielding arm. The rocket launcher was dropped, the mech's hand looking more like a pile of molten slag by the time Shana was done with her point-blank clip. Well... Einenlancer's repair costs were going to be pretty overwhelming after this, and Nathan always bitched whenever Shana fought too recklessly, but it was a victory, wasn't it?
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Vergil Tanner

Ok then! Since most of the kinks were ironed out in-PM, I don't see any problems that need to be addressed now, so that's good. A few more minor nitpicks, but minor enough to be left until the next stage. :D

The only things I want added are a description or picture of the Mech when it's in Buggy-Mode - is it four wheeled, six wheeled, a half track? How does the Mech transform into it? - and an RP writing sample, please. :-)

Jarred109

Oooh.. another scout. A rivalry waiting to happen perhaps?

King Serperior

Very nice!  Shana Lefabre looks to be a scary opponent (and valuable ally)!  Though, I do wonder.  I thought the special subsystem for the Scout class gave a max WC of 7?  I seem to remember reading that and that turned me a little away from the Scout Class.

Ah well, no worries!  I love the Ragnarok too much to care about a possible misreading on my part!   XD 

Soooo, it looks like all we need is a Heavy.  I wonder if anyone knows someone who might be interested?  I've already spoken to a couple of friends who might have been interested in the role, but to no avail.  Perhaps adding that we're seeking a Heavy may help as well?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

Haha, after a conversation with a few different people, I decided that the Scout Mech's special system was too weak compared to the other Mechs special systems, and that it didn't offer as much as a normal Scout Mech could, so I decided to give it a bit of a buff to help rebalance it. The new version of the Buggy is a bit more viable without being OP, methinks.

I have one or two people who may be interested in the role...once one or all of them have committed, I'll whip up my own bio to complete the set and we should be ready to go to Stage 2.

King Serperior

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on March 14, 2015, 01:34:50 PM
Haha, after a conversation with a few different people, I decided that the Scout Mech's special system was too weak compared to the other Mechs special systems, and that it didn't offer as much as a normal Scout Mech could, so I decided to give it a bit of a buff to help rebalance it. The new version of the Buggy is a bit more viable without being OP, methinks.
Ah!  That explains it!  When I was originally looking at the Scout Class, I was thinking of calling it "Grasshopper."  It'd have been an annoying little devil as it'd use it's jets and climbing claw to pick apart it's foes......at a cost of effectively having the armor of a wet paper bag.  >.>;  That said, I do like the changes very much. 
I have one or two people who may be interested in the role...once one or all of them have committed, I'll whip up my own bio to complete the set and we should be ready to go to Stage 2.
Great!  Can't wait to see what might be thought up.  ^-^

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vergil Tanner

LOL, I think you overestimate just how fragile the Scout will be. Sure, it won't be able to take a Siege-class Railgun to the face and keep on trucking, but it isn't like it will shut down after three Assault Rifle rounds. :P But yeah, I liked the changes too...I think it makes the Scout Special System a lot more viable. *nods*

SargentToughie

Posted the buggy pic and the writing sample, as requested.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Vergil Tanner