Return of the Wolf: Game Thread - VAMPIRES WIN!

Started by Galactic Druid, April 06, 2015, 08:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

For the past few years, Miller's Hollow had eventually returned to it's peaceful, quiet self. People began to travel to the small village again, looking for land, a home, or a fresh start. Slowly, the stigma of the village was forgotten, it's darker days never muttered by it's villagers. At least, until the past week...

One by one, villagers had been disappearing. Some would show up a day later, viscous slashes across their bodies, missing entire limbs. Even worse, others were being discovered still in their beds, pale, with little more than a small puncture mark in their necks. It didn't take long for the village to whip into a frenzy, with talk of not just werewolves, but vampires invading their fair village as well! What evil had descended upon Miller's Hollow once more?

The village would not go down fighting, but before they could make any decisions, they needed a leader. They needed a Sheriff.

Players

• Remiel - Vampire
  • Blythe - Werewolf
  • James M - Seer
  • Silver  - Diseased Villager
  • Moirae - Villager
  • persephone325 - Werewolf
  • SunshineSparkle - Lycan
  • yugi006 - Wolfman
  • Leorobin - Villager
  • BAMF - Villager
  • Verasaille - Villager
  • LunaLilith22 - Villager
  • Madame Professor - Priest
  • KatKwik - Villager
  • Strangefate - Vampire
  • Queenie - Shaman
  • Rafiki23 - Villager
  • Lady Lunarius - Villager
  • EmyKat - Villager
  • AffablyEvil - Bodyguard
  • Ceralilly - Villager
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

Welcome to the first day of Miller's Hollow! The game begins with players introducing themselves, as well as casting their (public) vote for the town Sheriff!

Please be sure to put your votes in bold!

Remember, you can change your vote before the final tally!

Please include either "Werewolf" or "Werewolves" in all game related PMs!

Remember to include ThatRPGuy in all game related PMs!

Verasaille

Vera grumbles as she walks through town, "This place is supposed to be safe!! Who the hell is the Sheriff? Anyone volunteer?"

Vera finds a modest little cottage with one simple room. Cast iron stove, running water and a sink. There is a nice couch long enough to sleep on and one window in each main direction. "Now to figure out how this lock works...it's a dead bolt...fitting name or what?"

Vera decides to sit on the rocking chair on the porch and critically examine everyone who passes by.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

LunaLilith22

Lilith steps forward into the town square, her brown hair held back in a loose ponytail "My name is Lilith, most of you know me as the quiet farmgirl that tends to her own crop and occasionally gives a helping hand to a neighbor..." She paused to gather her thoughts "... But today I stand here before you as an outraged member of this community. We cannot let these creatures of the night continue to plague our village or pretty soon it will return to the deserted ruins that the other villages whisper about nervously. We need to fight! We need to uproot the parasitic monsters that live on our lands and free ourselves from the fear that death will come for us at night! We must rally!" A gust of wind blows by as she pulls her hair tie out, her hair catches on the breeze and flows to one side "We must protect ourselves! And to you sick monstrous cowards that refuse to reveal yourselves in the light of day, yes I know I made a huge target out of myself, but know this. You may be able to kill me but you will never be able to kill my dream! A dream of a Miller's Hollow that is peaceful! A dream of our neighbors closing windows only to keep out the cold instead of predators! A dream of FREEDOM!"

Ceralilly

Cera trailed into the village, her long cotton dress flowed around her and her soft brown waves whipped around her waist. She was the epitome of innocent curiosity; picking a few brightly colored flowers and smelling them deeply, then turning a smooth pebble over in her palm that shined particularly brightly. So this is my new home, she thought as she shyly waved at the woman sitting on her porch. She was looking for her cottage, which, she was told that she would find near the town square.

Indeed upon reaching the square, she saw the large vacant cottage, and thanked her father for the generosity he bestowed upon her in his final days. There would be room for her and one or two hardworking roommates, should she find herself in need of companionship. Before she entered her new abode she would find herself enthralled, however.

The powerful voice rang out and ignited a spark in her heart. She was filled with a passion and a calling. She was always very good at being quiet and unnoticed, but she wondered if there was a way that she might help relieve some of the persecution that had been placed upon her people.

She mustered the resolve that she needed to approach the voting box, and began to scribble her decision. This woman has a passion. A purpose. Perhaps...just perhaps...she will lead us to a safe and peaceful future.

Ceralilly Votes for LunaLilith22
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Blythe

Blythe, faithful to the town, knew he must pick someone hopefully trustworthy to lead as Sheriff. He was mostly a farmer, a hick from the sticks, who kept a rented room in town for when it was no longer planting or harvest season. Mostly the winter. But fear of potential werewolves had driven him into town; no sane man would be caught on a lonely farm he managed by himself!

As such, he was drawn to those that he felt held his ideals: honesty, kindness, understood good hard work. He made his way to the voting ballot, scribbled Ceralilly onto it, and waited, wondering what the results would be by the end, who the Sheriff of the town would be. And how much work that person would have before them with the monumental task of keeping this place safe.

persephone325

"I would like to cast my vote for Strangefate. For I believe she will be a noble leader for us all.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

yugi006

"I will follow suit and vote for LunaLilith22 for Sheriff."

Strangefate

“Thank you for your vote of confidence, persephone,” answered Strangefate, a young villager who worked as the blacksmith’s assistant.  Having just listened to Lilith’s impassioned speech he was flattered he would be considered for the role of leadership in these terrible times.  “If others wish me to serve as sheriff, I will do so, but what’s most important is we have someone trustworthy and logical in the role.  I will vote for Blythe myself as he seems a reliable sort.”
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Verasaille

Vera looks around and shakes her head. "I don't know any of these people. For all I know one of them is a bloodsucker and the rest are werewolves. But the impassioned speech of the young lady is inspiring."

Walking to the voting place she takes a sheet of paper and scribbles LunaLilith. Stuffing it in the box she goes back to her porch.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

EmyKat

Emy stretches and scribbles thoughtfully onto her ballet, 'Yugi.' Feeling a bit shy, she turns in her ballet and blushes, taking in everyone around her. It seemed the town was in a bit of a frenzy over the whole ordeal. While she was scared, she felt brave enough to face anything.
My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226265.msg11107629#msg11107629

LunaLilith22

Having finished her speach Lilith walks over to the ballotbox and tosses in a paper, casting her vote for Blythe

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine took a deep look at the people surrounding her, she knew none of them, yet she had to join in electing someone as the Sherrif. What guaranteed that whoever was chosen would indeed protect the town?
She randomly voted for Blythe, hoping that she was making the right choice.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

AffablyEvil

Evil sighed softly, looking at Lilith. She did not trust her. She didn't really trust anyone here as she was new in town, leaning up against a lamppost. Lifting her ballet she took out a pen and wrote "Emy" in quick handwriting before she moved from her spot and turned in the ballet then returned to her overview spot.
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

Remiel

Remiel, the grizzled old veteran, was sitting on a bench and chewing on a toothpick.   He had seen settlers come and go; always they came, hoping for a better life, a place to start again, a place to put down stakes and build their own version of Utopia.  And, as always, they left just as quickly, once the bodies started to accrue.  The land was cursed, they said; the very soil was contaminated with the evil that covered Miller's Hollow like a shadow.  Oh, things would start innocently enough; but soon, very soon, things would start to lurk in the shadows, snarling and growling in the night.   This was not a good place, he knew.   The werewolves' curse had been here since the days of his grandfather.   And that wasn't the worst part.  Eventually, they would turn on each other, brother against brother, sister against sister, calling for blood in the name of mob justice.

Until only a few survivors were left.

He sighed.  "What we need,"  he said around his toothpick, "is someone who is fair, but cautious.  Someone who isn't quick to jump to judgment.   Someone like Blythe."

Galactic Druid

Votes So Far:

Blythe: 4

LunaLilith22: 3

CeraLilly: 1

Strangefate: 1

Yugi: 1

EmuKat: 1

Yet to vote:

Leorobin, BAMF, Madame P, KatKwik, Queenie, EnchantedDream, Lady Lunarius, James M, Silver, Moirae

Madame Professor

The passionate speech by Lilith did little to move The Professor. She simply shook her head. Having lived in the village for a number of seasons now, she understood the fear the curse of Miller's Hollow could inspire. Those new to town were often quick to overreact, often resulting in the loss of innocent lives, something she hoped could be prevented with election of a just and fair Sheriff.

She nodded to Remiel's words. "I couldn't agree more," casting her vote with Blythe as well.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

KatKwik

Now life in this village seemed more troubled than before. The curse had befallen on the town again. She had heard of all the deaths and now a Sheriff was needed. So to turn things she decided to go against the grain and to ensure that the town had enough people to control this problem. She chose age and resilience for him to have survived for so long meant there was a reason. So Remiel

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Silver

Looking around those gathered, Silver began thinking to herself before speaking her mind. "I believe that Blythe will be the once who can end these nights of terror.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

James Moriarty

Thin-lipped and severe, James walked into town with measured steps.  He looked from side to side, grimly surveying his new home.  He was tall and thin, his dark jacket hanging loosely from his narrow shoulders, and his black hair and eyebrows accented his serious demeanor.

He paused to listen to the others that had arrived, nodding solemnly at some and pursing his lips with annoyance at others.  Not everyone seemed to appreciate the mortal danger they were all in -- but he felt certain that all too many of them soon would.

"I feel that the most likely among us to follow the path of Reason and Science that we have all learned to be the greatest guide for our empirical judgment is Blythe ."

desert ashes

With dark shadows under her eyes, and her dark blond hair a fair mess, dirt dragging to the hem of her cotton dress, Moirae hesitantly made her way to the town square.  If she'd had it her way she'd still be barricaded in her small house, boarding up windows and trying to melt down every piece of silver she could find -- even if it wasn't hers -- to use as protection.  Silver worked, right?  God, she hoped so.  Plucking a stray piece of straw from an otherwise messy bun of hair, her eyes nervously flickered between those assembled. 

"Not that any of you seem very trustworthy, God knows what any of y'all are hiding, but James may be astute enough. God willin'."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Galactic Druid

Votes So Far:

Blythe: 8

LunaLilith22: 3

Remi: 1

James M: 1

CeraLilly: 1

Strangefate: 1

Yugi: 1

EmuKat: 1

Yet to vote:

Leorobin, BAMF, Queenie, Lady Lunarius

Rafiki23

Fiki stepped out of the local tavern and stretched his aching muscles. The evening before was a long one and left him sore and still a bit tired. There were things to be done though, and he wasn’t about to let something as silly as sleep cost him another night in the Inn. He was new to this town, which meant that he had two main objectives at the moment, find roof to put over his head and find some coins to put in his pocket.

As he made his way to the town square he looked upon a rather beautiful woman, and grew hopeful of fulfilling two objectives at once. He placed his ballet after writing down the only name he had heard, Blythe, on it and walked towards the woman in the brown cotton dress. Getting her attention by gently touching her shoulder, he smiled brightly and bowed his head in salutation.

“Hello there, my lady, might I interest you in a mutually profitable working arrangement. You see I’m new to this town, and am just trying to make an honest living. Would you consider offering me a place to stay and a meager meal each day for my services as a grounds keeper and care taker?” He let the proposal hang in the air and awaited her response.

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

Lady Lunarius

These things were beyond her. She had no knowledge of what they needed to do. She'd lost family to the wolf, but the fear was there. Luna's eyes gazed over the forms of those who'd been voted for. The outspoken one seemed far too eager to be put in charge, and no one ever truly trusts Blythe or Remiel. Taking her time in casting her vote Luna sat among the people tapping her bottom lip with her thumb.

"Oh very well, Blythe I am trusting you this once.....Avenge the dead"
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Queenie

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The town's redheaded Shaman joined the crowd, looking at the characters that stood before her. Her green eyes flashed in excitement of the voting system. "My, what a day." She giggled under her breath. "I wonder whom I'll choose to be sheriff."

Queen looked at each of the contenders. Each seemed like they had something to offer, but being the sheriff, you had to be smart, quick and not jump to conclusions. This would be a hard decision...

But without thinking, her lips parted and everything seemed to come out on it's own. "Blythe." Guess her vote was casted, that was that. Now, all she would have to do is wait for everyone to finish casting their votes.