News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Bastet Project [Recruitment Open]

Started by Flower, September 13, 2015, 08:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

I'm honestly just happy people think it's an interesting enough idea to invest their time in.  ♥

Alright! Business. I thought I would see a lot of lion and tiger sheets. >.>

Crash

Quote from: Flower on September 15, 2015, 05:14:43 PM
I'm honestly just happy people think it's an interesting enough idea to invest their time in.  ♥

Alright! Business. I thought I would see a lot of lion and tiger sheets. >.>

Maybe everyone thought everyone else was going to go for them and decided on the ones they thought would be less popular?  I don't know.  I originally thought puma so I could use a Native American face claim but the idea of a messenger/former circus performer cheetah would be fun.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

cabalxxvi

I just finished mine, and can give more detail if you need it to have it.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Crash

I am going to try to work on mine tonight.  I need to get a better grasp on the world as I have only skimmed it a couple of times.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Flower

Remember questions are your best friend. Koka and I are abouts to answer them.  :-)

Crash

Quote from: Flower on September 15, 2015, 06:25:39 PM
Remember questions are your best friend. Koka and I are abouts to answer them.  :-)

Well you and Koka are like the bestest.

Emjay

WIP
Hello, I'm...

Character's Name: Khaleed Abdulrashid
Born At: Born in Damascus, Syria but was raised in Ohio
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Occupation? Coal Miner
Species: Leopard
Bitten or Born: Born

I look like...

Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Olive Green
Height: 6’1”
Physical Description: Khaleed is tall with a slim build but he is much stronger than he looks due to years of physical labour.  He has classic Middle Eastern features accompanied by dark brown hair and an olive skin tone.

I'm usually...

Eloquent (Pos) - Khaleed is a very well spoken young man. He has always been an avid reader and since the relative fall of society there are no longer the distractions that plagued them pre-virus. All that reading has expanded his vocabulary. He is a weaver of words as well, with an innate ability to craft words to elicit certain emotions in his audience.

Honourable (Pos) - He lives by a strong code of ethics. He’s not one to walk away from a person in need. He holds himself by a higher standard and will not compromise his values for anything and/or anyone.

Proud(Neg) - Khaleed has a high opinion of himself and while this can be a good thing it has affected him negatively on many occasions. Life hasn’t been easy as a modern day werecat. The humiliation he was sometimes subjected to growing up amongst humans was almost unbearable. Despite his desire to put those taunting him in their place he was often advised to ‘keep his head down’ for his own sake and that of his family’s. It left him feeling angry and ashamed. He still feels that shame and anger and has used it to propel himself through his studies and to fuel his ambitions. Even now, despite his halted college dreams, he still has hopes for the future. His pride won’t allow him to continue living as he has for the past four years.

Radical (Neg) - He has very strong opinions concerning the state of their world. It’s clear to any that know him that Khaleed is not happy with the lives that werecats lead nor how they are treated by humans. He knows that he isn’t the only one that wants a better life for his people but he also knows that many are content to only complain behind closed doors rather than stand up for their rights. He wants things to change and although he’s not sure how to go about it, he does harbour revolutionary aspirations.

Forthright (Neu) - Khaleed has always been honest and open with people. What you see is what you get. He’s not afraid to state his opinions for all to hear. This coupled with the fact that he doesn’t care what people think about him or his opinions, give him the liberty to say what he feels.

I come from...

Life has never been easy for Khaleed. He was born in Damascus in 2011, during the infamous Arab Spring and the onset of the Syrian civil war. His father was a university professor who had fallen in love with and married one of his students. His mother's family had been shocked by her decision to marry a lion rather than a leopard. It wasn't unheard of but her species were known for being picky when it came to choosing a mate. Khaleed was their first and only child. He spent four years in his native Syria, among the fighting and the bombs before his family managed to escape to the United States. His father’s sister lived in Columbus, Ohio and had helped them apply for immigration. The process had been begun before the war and taken years to actually go through but in the summer of 2015 they were given a visa to go to the United States. Khaleed’s cousin came along with them, his aunt and uncle had been killed in the fighting and had left their only child in his mother’s care. The family of five made the trip and it seemed that their luck had changed but it was not to be.

For a few years things went well. His mother was a biochemist back home but she had to be content working as an in home caretaker for terminally ill patients.  She often worked nights, leaving the children behind with her sister in law. Things changed drastically a few years later when Suraya, Khaleed’s mother, discovered that her husband was having an affair. When she confronted him he had the nerve to ask her if she would be ok with him marrying another woman. Despite whatever her religion stated, her husband having another wife was not the norm for her and she was wholly unprepared with the prospect. She tried to consider it at first but her pride wouldn’t let her. She was a leopard, beautiful and intelligent. Her husband had been lucky to have her in his life but clearly he didn’t see her for the gem that she was. Still she would forgive him if he apologized and broke it off with the other woman. She was shocked when her husband decided to pack and leave. Suraya herself had no choice but to move out of her sister in law’s house and find her own home, taking her niece and son with her.

Things were much harder for the family of three afterwards. Suraya found herself working more hours. The struggles of modern life didn’t last long when the world began to fall apart around them. An unknown virus began to spread through the world causing mass hysteria as the body count reached record highs. To make matters worse a war was waging on between the werecats and the humans. The numbers of werecats in the city dwindled as more and more were killed by either the virus or the violence that sprung out between the two species. The family of three eventually fled to a small town that had a sizeable population of werecats, specifically leopards. It was here that they found support among their kind as the world began to fall apart around them. It was during this period that Khaleed’s mistrust of humans began to form, so it was to his astonishment that the treaty between humans and werecats was signed. Unfortunately no one wanted the opinion of a 14 year old.

Their situation was hardly ideal but it was much more improved when compared to the years of chaos and sickness. The eight territories formed and they lost contact with a good portion of the what had been the United States. His mother was able to get a job as a researcher, performing experiments on the mutated creatures that were brought in by the border patrol. In them they hoped to find some information on the virus. This afforded the family a bit more respect in the town but they still weren’t treated with the same level of respect that humans were, they were werecats after all.

Due to his hard work in his academics, Khaleed was one of the few students chosen to attend high school in North Carolina. He spent four years there with the hopes of attending university one day and working to find a cure for the virus. He ended up graduating high school at the top of his class. He came back home triumphant. His mother couldn’t have been prouder but his dream of attending university in the fall was not to be. While he was home for the summer,  he became involved in an altercation. It was dusk and he was walking home; in a world with no electricity, there wasn’t much to do after dark. It was there that he saw a group of young men talking to a young woman on an isolated corner the street. It was hard to see the girl’s face but from her body language he could tell that she was frightened. Despite his better judgement Khaleed stepped forward to intervene. As he got closer he realized that the girl they were taunting was a werecat, a cheetah. It didn’t take too long for the human men to turn on him. He told the girl to run and he began to fight them. His strength allowed him to win the fight but not without a few injuries.

The next morning the police were at his door. They arrested him without bothering to tell him what he’d done but Khaleed already knew. While he was incarcerated and awaiting trial, he found out that one of the young men he’d fought was the Mayor’s son. The Mayor hadn’t taken too kindly to his son coming home with a broken arm. Despite the effort of a werecat Elder in obtaining a testimonial from the cheetah female he had saved, his trial was rigged from the start. He was sentenced to three years in prison. His family was devastated and he wasn’t given much time to say his farewells before he was carted off to Alabama. The life there was harsh and they were put to work, often being forced to make repairs on the wall that separated them from the West, walls that were made of measly wood. He had the ‘privilege’ of seeing the mutated creatures that stalked the West, it was something that he would never forget. He was, also, shocked to see that there wasn’t much being done to protect the rest of the territories. He had already known the corruption of the government on a small scale but to see it reaching some of the highest levels of government simply strengthened his anti-establishment sentiments.

He was 22 years old by the time he was released from prison. When he had been arrested he had lost his place in university and his mother had lost her job. When he got back home he had no choice but to work in the coal mines, like a majority of the residents in his town. His hopes and dreams of going to university were not to be. Still things could always be worse. He lived his life in relative peace. His mother was getting older and she couldn’t really do the hard labour jobs that were available to the average werecat and since she had lost her job at the research center she had no choice but to stay at home. His cousin managed to finish her schooling and was sent to the research center to work.

For two years he led an uneventful life until the government came knocking on his door. They wanted to ‘talk’ to him about a new opportunity that had arisen. It was a program where a lucky few werecats had been chosen to explore the West and see if their territory could be expanded. Naturally, Khaleed refused to go. Of course they were prepared for a refusal so they informed him that his cousin was on a list of researchers that could, quite possibly, help with a new method of studying the virus. Khaleed could tell from the way they said it what they meant by ‘new method of research’. He had no choice but to follow their demands. He only had a few days to prepare before he would be sent to Alabama to begin the new exploration product. His mother was heartbroken, she didn’t want him to go but she knew that they had no choice. Khaleed has no idea if he’ll make it back alive but he knows that the chances are slim.

My quirks are...

Fears: Claustrophobic
O/O's: Here
Face Claim: Edgar Reffay
Notes: Nope
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Flower

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Flower

We are still recruiting female and male characters for The Bastet Project. Don't worry. The game has not started and you have not missed out on anything.  We're going to need some lady felines to slap the guys around.  ::)

Crash

Planning on a female cheetah.  Hoping to have something to you by the weekend.

Question:  It seems like societal collapse is a fairly recent thing correct?  If so how was so much of the West lost so fast?

Flower

You could say it was fairly recent. Most of the characters submitted so far lived through the virus and following "war" between humans and werecats. The reason why the West was lost is due to the virus hitting hardest over there. Also, it is also where the monstrosities appeared first. People in the East likely believe anything human in No Man's Land is dead. I did not mention this specifically but there is a wall along the border states to keep what's over there out. It is heavily patrolled by mostly werecats but some humans.

Flower

Also, I know no one cares but...I changed Rhowen's picture. xD  Feast your eyes on this!

Emjay

Quote from: Flower on September 15, 2015, 11:09:19 PM
Emjay, what the hell. xD

Hey its still  a work in progress.  Those are my notes :P

Quote from: Kokaine on September 16, 2015, 12:54:50 AM
Soooo... they're dark green then? ::)

*flees*

Do you want to get swatted Koko? Cause that's how you get swatted.

Quote from: Flower on September 16, 2015, 10:00:51 AM
Also, I know no one cares but...I changed Rhowen's picture. xD  Feast your eyes on this!

Yay you settled on a face! Is this the one?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Crash

Quote from: Flower on September 16, 2015, 10:00:51 AM

Very pretty Flower.

Quote from: Emjay on September 16, 2015, 10:09:57 AM
Do you want to get swatted Koko? Cause that's how you get swatted.

I am pretty sure she does Emjay. ;)

Kokaine

Just to clarify...

Born werecats can begin basic shifting (from human to full animal form) pretty early on in their developmental years. The other forms come as they grow older and learn control. Animal instinct usually keeps kids from just shifting full out in front of anyone and is generally behavior triggered by being near/interacting with their werecat parent.

Also!

Flower and I will be looking to make decisions on sheets around 9/20. So if you've got people you think would be a good fit or want to make changes to your character concept, or haven't yet gotten your sheet in there's a little time left :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Crash

Question: Is possible to have caught the virus and survived?  I picture my character as being pretty well travelled and it seems logical that she would be exposed to the virus.

Kokaine

Quote from: Crash on September 16, 2015, 12:42:50 PM
Question: Is possible to have caught the virus and survived?  I picture my character as being pretty well travelled and it seems logical that she would be exposed to the virus.

Yes.

Flower's character caught the virus and survived.

My O/Os

Crash

Crash

This must me my own ocd but I am writing a folktale about how a Cheetah became part of a Native American tribe all because I want to use a Native American face claim and an animal that is not indigenous to the Americas.

Well that an it is fun but the need to justify it is strong!

Kokaine

There's not really any correlation between cat species and race/ethnicity these days--or rather there doesn't need to be--but if it makes you happy...

My O/Os

Crash

Quote from: Kokaine on September 16, 2015, 03:22:36 PM
There's not really any correlation between cat species and race/ethnicity these days, but if it makes you happy...

I know and yet I still feel the need.  It is a sickness.

Lux12

I've always wanted to play something set in the Old World of Darkness, but I've seldom had a chance. I'd have to read up on the Baster again, but count this as a notice of interest.

Flower

Welcome Lux! Just to clarify so you are not disappointed, we only borrowed some elements from World of Darkness. I just don't want you expecting one thing and end up receiving another.  :-)

Lux12

I see. I was wondering, do the Bastet have a particular religious framework or do they tend to just pick up whatever human practices they happened to be surrounded by?

I'm thinking about making mine a Bagheera and I'm wondering if there are any particular cultural links I should be aware of.