The Next Emperor (open, spots for 3 heroes and 1 princess)

Started by Untamed Skies, January 04, 2013, 10:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asok

Well, I hope there is room for one more hero...

However, Nohman would almost be better defined as a villian...

AribethAmkiir

Pretty sure "hero" is a loose term here.  As long as your character doesn't make a habit of raping and pillaging, or if he does, he keeps that quiet and well hidden behind military victories. 

ArtemisHighmore

You mean to tell me raping and pillaging is frowned upon? Well damn!

Asok

Well, here goes nothin'.

User: Asok
Character: Nohman Macion of Vrax
Role: Hero/ Prime Minister/Head Strategist of Vrax Nation
Height: 6’8”
Weight: 260 (What isn’t bone and muscle is his wonderful brain)
Weapon(s): Great Sword, Gauntlets, Bare Hands, and Brute Strength
Personality: Violent, but not without purpose, even if purpose is to watch pain take effect or life fade from his enemy’s/opponent’s eyes, cold-hearted, extremely intimidating, arrogant to a fault, highly intelligent, scheming, excellent strategist, enjoys watching others writhe in pain almost as much he likes watching others feeble attempts to cause him pain, but is caught off guard when someone actually does succeed in doing so, and is almost completely deaf to cries for mercy. However, he knows legal limits and follows them to a T. He is a High-Ranking person in Vrax, afterall.
Background:
A skull-crushingly strong warrior, Nohman often broke bones of enemies with his bare hands and brute force. Was a frontline infantryman for the nation of Vrax during their expansion into a neighboring nation that was known as Jyrune. He would often hold bets with allied soldiers on when and how they would die in battle.

Jyrune put up heavy resistance, with battles between the two nations leading to casualties of Vrax reaching an average of 400 per battle. In between these battles, Nohman would devise plans that any he presented them to would consider fantasy-caliber in possibility.

However, three days before a large scale battle between the two nations, Nohman heard rumor of a High-Ranking General commanding the army he was about to crush. He devised a strategy to slip past the primary forces of the Jyrune army, go straight for that general and force him to have his army surrender. Out of sheer luck, his plan was approved at the very last minute.

A direct order letter from the Prime Minister of Vrax arrived as Nohman was suiting up for battle, giving his plan the green light and providing a list of names for the best squad possible. Nohman picked three other soldiers to aid him and set out immediately. They snuck past or disabled every scouting squad Jyrune had sent, captured General Vaughn Sowenhortz, and had that sect of the Jyrune Military (over 15,000 soldiers strong) surrender before a drop of Vrax Blood could be spilt. This operation would come to be known as the “Bloodless Battle” by the Vrax Military, and garnered Nohman an extremely large amount of respect and status. From that point on, any strategy Nohman presented was immediately put into action. Out of the 20 operations that Nohman headed, only 2 failed, and all the others saw a ferocious example of Nohman’s love for causing pain and instilling fear in the enemy.

Nohman often made sport Jyrune soldiers. One of his favorite past times became breaking both of their legs and one of their arms, allowing them 30 seconds to either pull themselves as far from the battle as possible, beg for mercy, or writhe in pain for his enjoyment before he stomped their heads into mush.

The final operation Nohman led was taking the completely surrounded Capitol of Jyrune by force. The King of Jyrune awaited the enemy soldiers in his chambers, planning on surrender. He had the misfortune of having Nohman be the one to meet him in his chambers. The pain and suffering King Jyrune endured at Nohman’s hands was so intense, it is scarcely detailed in extremely classified records of the Vrax Library. Alas, with a King broken and a military decimated, Jyrune had no choice but to submit to Vrax.

After the Expansion War of Jyrune, Nohman became advisor to the Prime Minister who had approved his initial strategy. As the Prime minister aged and was set to be replaced, the King of Vrax placed Nohman the position. However, the taste for battle never truly left him, as he would often join in Vrax tournaments and destroy the competition. He has since grown tired of the tournaments in his homeland and hungers for a truly worthy fight.

Physical Description: Extremely tall and muscular making him very strong but also slow in battle, many scars across his face, chest, and arms, darkish skin, grey eyes (at first glance they seem soulless and cold, but if examined further, a sadistic fire can be seen deep inside), short white hair.
Appearance:

TheHangedOne

Hah. If Henrik wins, he'll work on getting peace with their neighbors, and improving the quality of life for everyone in the empire. So even if Cedric and Gavin lose to him, it won't be a complete bust.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Untamed Skies

Hero means man of status, or reputation more or less.

Quote from: IrishWolf on January 07, 2013, 09:58:42 PM
Whiners, both of them! The Empire has many enemies and vast borders! The generals, knights and armies can't be everywhere! Be gratful when the loyal servants of the Emperor can be bothered with your petty concerns!

-Erwin von Ritter,
Lion of the North,
Defender of the Empire,
Soon-to-be Emperor.

-I admire such bravado, however I have fear that your tutor hasn't been vigilant in his or her duty. As such I've taken the liberty of sending a few books that might help you out, it's nothing much simply mathematics, geography, they'll allow you to understand such things as what a country is and how much money and men it might cost to lose such a territory then be forced to reclaim it.

Fight the good fight

Cedric Valda Duke of Galdoa

Ooh and Asok welcome to the tournament.

ArtemisHighmore

If Cedric keeps that up I am not sure they will stay rivals. >.>

Untamed Skies

ArtemisHighmore

Because they think along the same lines in that regards though their reasons are different.

Untamed Skies

That's true, though it might be such similarities that make them into rivals. I think we have a good blend of personalities for this group, it'll make things very fun.

ArtemisHighmore

Indeed indeed. So when are you planning IC stuff?

CarnivorousBunny

I'm going to edit my character profile just a bit.  With the way the game is shaping up, I think it would be more interesting if I made Jacquelyn a liar rather than someone who is too honest, but I think I'll keep her blunt and hard headed as well.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Untamed Skies

I'll get it up pretty soon, we still need High NPC's our ratio right now is 8 heroes (with Vaulera's hero)-4 princesses which actually exceeded what  I thought would be interested.

So maybe we can use another princess, and I need to get the bracket all set up and together. Otherwise we're pretty much good to go.

And ok Carni

ArtemisHighmore

Might I inquire why we need the NPC's if they are NPC's? Sorry, strange question. Haha

AribethAmkiir

I like the 2:1 ratio personally.

Untamed Skies

In order to gain the crown of Emperor you need approval from at least 4 of the 5 high authorities, no matter what you need a princess to marry, which is supposed to be the advantage of the tournament as it guarantee's you one.

The point would be to not allow any one of us to simply decide they had all the support needed to be named Emperor.

Asok

Greetings, good health, and a proud fighting spirit to all.
We of the Vrax Nation are proud to stand side by side with and toe to toe against our Empire's esteemed heroes in this tournament to the throne.
We find it only fair to forewarn you that the mighty Nohman Macion, Hero and Strategist of the Jyrune Expansion Campaign has been sent as our representative and tournament partcipant, so please, fight to your limits to show the Empire your worth!
Gracefully,
Namaco Vrax VI
"Only through a Meeting of Strengths May One Truly Understand Another"

Untamed Skies

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 07, 2013, 11:31:16 PM
I like the 2:1 ratio personally.

Yeah and I think 12 overall is a pretty good number. I think I see one more lurker but otherwise I'm going to go ahead and close off heroes and princesses. 

ArtemisHighmore

Well then why not do it democratically, or allow the princess players, should they so choose to control the NPCs. Essentially reach agreement as a group. This would prevent anyone from really swaying anything out right through direct control. Just a thought.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 08, 2013, 12:01:24 AM
Well then why not do it democratically, or allow the princess players, should they so choose to control the NPCs. Essentially reach agreement as a group. This would prevent anyone from really swaying anything out right through direct control. Just a thought.

This has merit.

We could just use unbiased common sense or add events to the tournament in order for the heroes to gain certain NPC's favor.   I think the princesses should also be able to effect how much support a hero gets from the other 4 authorities.  For instance, if a princess is loved by the people and favors a certain hero than she should be able to sway that NPC into supporting that hero as well.

Just an idea.

Untamed Skies

I like where that idea is going actually. So long as we can expect everyone to play fairly then there shouldn't be a problem with that at all. It even forces every hero to not ignore any of the princesses since essentially they'll need their favor in order to get what they want. I just feel like I need to come up with on more detail. For example what's to keep the princesses from picking their favorites and making sure no others can get close.

Maybe at certain points have a vote in the OOC taking into account the princess's opinion and everything else that would be known to the Rep. That way we don't have to worry about how a character is acting and only need to focus on the story and how it proceeded?

ArtemisHighmore

Well that was generally what I was aiming at. My hope would be that the people are hear to role play and develop the characters, not just to say 'Woohoo I won emperor, nananana'. Basically I say we had a side thread where general 'votes' can be tallied on how someone's favor is with so and so. Just my thought.

I mean if it needs to be done, I can step into the shoes of an NPC.

Untamed Skies

Ok, I thought that might be what you were going with just wasn't positive. I like that idea, I think it'll be the best idea to go with, and that way everything should only serve to make the story better.

ArtemisHighmore

Indeed. We will just have to figure out how to judge scenes where one character speaks with the NPC as the contenders would be likely to try and get the those in power on their side. Oh the joys of complexities!

Untamed Skies

I had each character in order of their joining take a roll my virtual D-8 to determine their places (won't fight each other until the quarter finals.) Now I need to go make up 120 names to fill in the rest of the bracket.

We could avoid the NPC's altogether, have them use spies and the like to keep track of everything then just have a letter sent to the hero being accepted. Makes it simpler probably.