Changed World-small group

Started by LittleKitten, January 25, 2014, 05:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleKitten

The world didn't end with a bang. It was more like a single cry, a shot in the dark. One moment things were normal and the next everything changed. It's late when it happened and perhaps that was a blessing. But fewer initial casualties meant more competition for precious supplies.

9:42, that's when everything changed. The clocks stopped, guns ceased to fire and cars no longer run. Society, civilization was thrown back. The was no more electricity, no more running water. It all just stopped, like a switch had been pulled.

In a small college town, residents awake to the sound of screeching metal as a plane crashes into the clock tower. The power is out and the fire department can only watch helplessly as the flames spread. They can't pump water and their fire engines won't start.

The flames engulf half the town before it burns out and dawn finds the survivors poking through the wreckage. How will you survive?

I'm looking to create  small group based on this world. There's limited tech but takes place in the modern world. If your interested please post here or PM me!

Frank Reshman

This sounds really interesting.  Sign me up and just let me know what you need me to do.

TheHangedOne

I'm interested, but curious: why aren't guns working? That's less about electricity or real technology, and much more about chemistry and simple mechanics.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

GypsyBook

Sounds like technology and science have broken. I've seen in several magic stories where the presence of magic would make science just...stop. While magic was around a perfectly functioning fully charged cell phones wouldn't work and a stick of TnT won't explode, but a fire will ignite and food will cook. Once the magic was gone things would work again.

IStateYourName

LittleKitten

It is inspired by the series but does not include magic. There is a reason for the change BUT it is not the one from the books. So, magic is a no go. Abilities are the same as they are now.