Oh..those people at westboro baptist are at it again! o3o

Started by Wolfy, July 11, 2010, 09:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterMischief

You heard it straight from Jesus' lips.  “Fred has issues.”

I just wonder which issues.  Obviously not The Mighty Thor #5

Quote from: Josh the Aspie on July 27, 2010, 03:59:12 PM
That's why I feel both sides lost, just as I feel that in modern war both sides usually loose.

I agree that all involved loose in the case of war and I believe I can understand your point, however, I disagree.

If you are up to it, this kind of hits on why I disagree.  It is lengthy, so I would not blame you for giving it a pass.

”...humor and self-righteousness are mutually exclusive.”

This is something I have felt for some time, but never put into words.  If you take yourself seriously, where is the room for humility?  Without humility, where is the room for admitting error?  Without allowing room for admitting error, where is the opportunity for growth?

As humans, we make mistakes.

I believe humor is an excellent way to demonstrate the absurdity of the human condition, which, I also believe religion to very much be a part of.

Synecdoche17

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on September 04, 2010, 01:35:54 AM
and when they beat me down... due to the number of geeks at Gen-Con, someone will record the incident, and put it on youtube.
I'm sure I could get my hospital bills paid for if I ask for donations on the site... and get my face on TV.
it's possible I could launch a political carrear on such an action if I played it right.
Possibly the most ludicrous fantasy I've seen yet on Elliquiy.  :P Were the members of the WBC idiots, they would have been shut down long ago. They do not respond to insults with violence.
A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Synecdoche17 on September 04, 2010, 09:18:24 PM
Possibly the most ludicrous fantasy I've seen yet on Elliquiy.  :P Were the members of the WBC idiots, they would have been shut down long ago. They do not respond to insults with violence.
I know, was toying with the idea, but in reality it would end with a lot of shouting, and both parties going their seperate ways.
and if that is the most ludicrous fantasy you've seen on Elliquiy... then you haven't seen the Extreme boards yet XD
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Noelle

Now seeking: Dominant male/female to play either Fred or Shirley Phelps for hot gay-on-WBC play.

Kip

Quote from: Noelle on September 05, 2010, 03:20:38 AM
Now seeking: Dominant male/female to play either Fred or Shirley Phelps for hot gay-on-WBC play.

Sold!

*goes off to write plot points for Noelle*

>:)

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Will

Quote from: Noelle on September 05, 2010, 03:20:38 AM

Oh man, hahaha.  That is hilarious, and tempting as well.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac