Doctor Who 50th Anniversary (Need 11+ players for Doctors+companions) (No sex)

Started by YaoiRolePlay, November 01, 2013, 02:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YaoiRolePlay

I'm cross-posting this on both Group Roleplays and Non-Adult because not as many people look at the Non-Adult place.

Alrighty ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Group RP for the Fiftieth Anniversary. It's getting close to that time, the 23rd of November. So to celebrate, I'd like to organize a little role play in honor of said anniversary. I would like to at least get all of the Doctors. No Twelfth Doctor for now, as Capaldi has not established his Doctor yet. We haven't even seen him on screen or his personality or what his outfit will be. If you're going to play a Doctor, have a good understanding of that Doctor's personality. I would like to play either Six or Eight, so if either of those Doctors gets snagged first, I'll play the other one. Companions are optional if the Doctor slots get filled. All DW media is open, you may use any companion from any media you like, not just the tv show. Just give a link to the companion's page.

Be ready to commit! I can't tell you how often people drop out of things, so commit to the story that we create and don't stop posting randomly!

The story is up in the air. I would like to collectively create the story. We could do something about the John Hurt Doctor. Or we could do something that involves the Master throwing them all together. But I will leave that until later, until we see if we can get enough people to play. So do not be shy, come on and join the celebration!

Theta Sigma

I usually avoid the hell out of all group related RPs, but I am all over this like moss on a stone.
I'd snag somebody else (Omg Eight <3) but I actively RP as Eleven, and I know Eleven the best... So I'd like to grab him, if possible, please!

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

YaoiRolePlay

If we don't get an outrageous amount of people wanting him. First come first claimed. ;D

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Clala

I've only really watched NuWho... So Nine and Ten would be what I'm best at. I could also do Five though.

I'm just going to stalk the thread for a while, see how it turns out.

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

YaoiRolePlay

Ah yeah, we've got Pertwee! Let's see how many more we can get! xD

It looks like five of us so far, only six to go! :P

pendarious

actually i've changed my mind. i'll give up my claim on the tenth. 

i'd rather be Tom Baker

would you like a jelly baby?

Clala

Choosing a Doctor to be is tough...

But I think -for now- I'm going to be 10. I may change my mind later, though.

Theta Sigma

Am I counting six of us? Or am I being utterly wrong there? (Given the amount of sleep I have had counting to twelve is hard today >_>)

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

pendarious

so far it seems we have Jhon Pertwee, Tom Baker, David Tennant, Matt Smith, and either Paul Mcgann OR Colin Baker not sure which our GM will be yet. so yeah five of us

YaoiRolePlay

I'll take either one depending on which one gets called first. So if someone calls McGann I'll take Colin and vice versa.

YaoiRolePlay

If this goes for awhile without more people joining, we can just start with the amount that we have. I'd really like to get all of them though.

Clala

Five is a decent amount, but I agree that it would be awesome to have them all! XD

pendarious

Stormraven

It's like when you're a kid, the first time they tell you that the world is turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it… the turn of the earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour. The entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it… We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world. And, if we let go… That's who I am. Now forget me, Rose Tyler. Go home.

Anyone taken nine yet? CE might have shunned the TV anniversary special, but I'm determined nine won't miss out on this one.

Clala

Theta Sigma

Quote from: ksangre on November 14, 2013, 04:55:49 PM
Yes, nine is free! Welcome aboard!

And for those who haven't heard yet, Paul McGann!

I might've screamed at this when I first saw it.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

YaoiRolePlay

Quote from: GallifreyanGriff on November 14, 2013, 04:58:31 PM
I might've screamed at this when I first saw it.

I might've screamed for five minutes before having to lay down for a bit because of how amazing it was. I'm still not convinced I'm not dreaming.

I may just want to play Eight because of that... :P Despite that Six is my favorite.

Clala

To me McGann does now actually feel like 'The Doctor'. He didn't to me before. But he is wonderful, and I love his look.

...I need moar eight...

YaoiRolePlay

I'm a huge fan of BF's Doctor Who audio series so McGann has always been at the top of my list for favorite Doctors. Indeed, my top five goes Colin, Tennant, McGann, Smith, McCoy.

This: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_audio_plays_by_Big_Finish

Indeed, he mentioned his audio companions at the end. I was so freaking excited.

Clala

No mention of Grace, though.

I've been looking through BF audios on eight since I've seen the video.

YaoiRolePlay

I don't think they're allowed to mention Grace something about copyright. The tv movie was a joint production not entirely by the BBC.

Definitely listen to Storm Warning: http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/storm-warning-641

That's his first and Charley's first. His introduction story on audio. And also listen to The Chimes of Midnight.

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-chimes-of-midnight-653

That's one of my top three Doctor Who stories ever. If you don't listen to any other Eight audios, listen to those.