I could use a hand with some BBC coding for a thread on E...

Started by Galactic Druid, January 13, 2016, 09:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

I've been trying to set up a game on CHWB, but in order to make the game work, I need to make a 5x5 table with borders, preferably with a consistent size for each frame that won't readjust when the table is edited.

I'm absolutely terrible with message board code, and have been getting a little frustrated trying to figure it out. I was wondering if there was anyone who knows/enjoys formatting that could help out. I'd really appreciate it.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

jouzinka

Unfortunately, fixed table cell size is not possible with BBCode. You might have better luck with creating a page for your game on the wiki?
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Galactic Druid

That's a shame. To b e honest though, I know even less about the wiki. I guess I could do a table without fixed cells. It should still work as long as making a 5x5 grid is possible...

Cassandra LeMay

Not sure if borders are possible, but have you checked out this thread in the Tutorials section? https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=207014.0

Lots of templates for tables that might come in handy.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Cynadea

I've found a way to set my cells to a certain width. It makes sure that it doesn't get smaller, but if you write too much, it still stretches the cell. I've uploaded an image on the wiki, a white line and use the image width and height code to fix the columns. It allows me to do something like this:

Group Character Thread Title Start date Last Post Status Partners
TWDSarahModerate PaceNov 14, 2015Jan 20, 2016 Activesmall group

It doesn't put a border all around it, but it does help me keep it looking clean rather than like this:

Group Character Thread Title Start date Last Post Status Partners
TWDSarahModerate PaceNov 14, 2015Jan 20, 2016 Activesmall group

Feel free to use the code and the image as you see fit, if this serves your purpose. Just remember that if you write too much, you'll have to break the lines manually.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

AmberStarfire

I would like to use an adaptation of the code for lists too, if that's okay? :D

Cynadea

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Galactic Druid

Credit goes to Blythe for this one, who just shared this with me.

http://www.teamopolis.com/tools/bbcode-table-generator.aspx

Best. Thing. Ever!

Thanks to everyone for their help, as well!

Blythe

I'm not 100% that'll give you consistent size, etc. It's just what I use when I really really don't wanna type out table coding. ^^;