Recruiting for 'The Gilded Lady' Pathfinder-Skulls & Shackles

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, June 09, 2016, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArinTalis

Still figuring out equipment beyond the basics. ;) But...

Introducing Umika

The Story So Far...
Umika was a member of a noble samurai clan in Tian-Xian who ended up getting into a bit of a mess. Her clan was defeated, and she was given a choice: marry the patriarch of another clan in his fifties, or be sold to a local brothel. She chose option three, taking her extensive training as onna-bugeisha across lands as a mercenary. Her first big adventure occurred when she realized that her problems were going to follow her, and she ended up crossing the sea. One misadventure with pirates later where she was the sole survivor of a particularly militant group of merchants (nothing beats fighting until you realize that you're the only one left alive on the deck, and while the pirates are impressed at your skill, they also outnumber you by a ridiculous amount), she ended up joining them as a crew member. There are worse fates than serving on the Guilded Lady, and after a lifetime of "you must have duty and honor", getting to cut loose as a dirty pirate is a damn good time.

ChaoticSky

Foxfyr

Lathus
Elven Alchemist (Grenadier)
Character Sheet

Personality - Lathus is the sort of person who doesn't take life too seriously, preferring to live in the moment and extract every ounce of enjoyment out of it.  As a result, he is an avid drinker, has an eye for women with an open mind to experimentation, and is a notorious prankster. Whereas stealing has been a way to provide for his basic needs, mischief is his primary form of entertainment; he lives to see the reactions of his victims. Lathus’ actions are well calculated to be both efficient and flawlessly timed whenever possible, he does not lend himself well to impulsive decisions. Despite his lighthearted nature, it isn’t uncommon for him to get on the nerves of other people at times due do his skepticism, sarcastic comments, and foolish games. Despite whatever hostility he incurs from his friends, Lathus is always willing to apologize or forgive and will remain unyieldingly loyal to them.

Background - Lathus comes from a family of sea faring wandering merchants and entertainers of questionable repute; for the sake of simplicity, society simply referred to them as gypsies.  It was a title he always took offense to and was always swift to rebuke the affiliation by doing everything he could to embellish the accuser’s ignorance and stupidity to any onlookers.  In the event that there were no onlookers, he was just as adept at swiping the accuser’s wallet as he elaborated on the several subtle differences that separated his family from gypsies.

As was a rite of passage within his family upon coming of age, Lathus was forced to leave his family’s floating caravan to seek riches or a wife worthy enough to grant himself high standing among his own family and others like them.  Fate guided him to a shady tavern where he met Captain Red Beard who was seeking to expand her crew.  Understanding full well the sort of wealth that could be attained through less-than-legitimate business ventures and being more than familiar with traveling atop the waves, Lathus proved his abilities to the Captain and was given his place among the crew.

Revelation

Sheet has been edited with items then. Since no one else had it yet I picked up a wand of cure light wounds to cure party booboos.

Grizzly

Tossing my hat into this ring.  Now to think of a character to submit...
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Tentatively marking interest here, as well. Will have to look a little more carefully at existing apps before I decide what to apply.

Should players read the (Free, available at Paizo) Pathfinder Adventure Path: Skull & Shackles Player's Guide? I'm guessing "probably yes," but you didn't mention it...

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes  you can use something other then mythweavers.   I linked mythweavers as matter of convenience for those that did not have a ready access for online character sheet.

Yes the players guide for Skulls and Shackles and can be downloaded for free at Paizo's.   

I have yet to look over characters, but will do so here shortly.   An welcome to everyone else who has expressed interest.   

Callie Del Noire

Think I'll bow out.. 1. You got LOTS of options. 2. I can't coax a character out to fit in. I had an idea for a Goblin Alchemist.. my muse went 'meh', thought swashbuckler ('Meh") thought other things.. all I get is 'meh'.

she's being temperamental my Muse.. got the Killer Halfing for PFS.. but nothing since.(Think Joe Pesci with furry feet and a bastard sword)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 10, 2016, 05:37:46 PM
Think I'll bow out.. 1. You got LOTS of options. 2. I can't coax a character out to fit in. I had an idea for a Goblin Alchemist.. my muse went 'meh', thought swashbuckler ('Meh") thought other things.. all I get is 'meh'.

she's being temperamental my Muse.. got the Killer Halfing for PFS.. but nothing since.(Think Joe Pesci with furry feet and a bastard sword)

Sounds like perfect boarding-party material to me. Just huck him over the rail and listen as the screaming starts.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Elven Sex Goddess

Everyone is looking good so far,   Angelo still needs his equipment.    I listed class and gender to let others who are interested in playing to see what is needed if their undecided as to what to play.   Still I am one play what you want  if were top heavy in one direction I am not out to penalize I can work with it.   

The Gilded Lady approved roster

Character             Class                         Gender                     Player

Gabriel Hunter      Inquistor                   Male                         Changingsaint

Umika                 Swashbuckler             Female                     ArinTalis

Angelo                Wizard/Air mage        Male                         Angiejuusan   (still need equipment)

Lathus               Alchemist-Grenadier    Male                         Foxfyr

Angie

Yes, I did send you a question asking if I could use Angelo's starting gold to make gear instead of buying it outright. With that answered yay or nay I can get to work buying stuff.

Also, nothing says our crew can't be a bit more mixed. We need plenty of able hands.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

swordwind

So this group is full now? Or is the list just a way to show us who we could be playing with?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: swordwind on June 11, 2016, 06:12:29 AM
So this group is full now? Or is the list just a way to show us who we could be playing with?

No the group is not full.   Still at least two more spots.   Ideally like to have seven players  can go up to max of nine players.    If one thing I learned about E,  is for whatever reasons.   A person may bite off more then they can handle or real life throws a wrench.   There is always a drop off rate.   An if such doesn't happen,  I am still comfortable with running a group of nine. 

So far there has been one I had questions in regards.  However the player in the spirit of the campaign offered has built the character in said spirit.   

So yes it is the roster and with such there is still  five more slots still available to fill out.     

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chulanowa

I'll have something up by this evening; Overwatch ate my brain tonight  :-[

Muse

Hi everyone! 

If it's not too late would a maened wilder be a welcome addition to the crew? 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Drowdeviant

:P If my life wasn't currently being utter shit I would so much want to give this a try.
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Revelation

Quote from: Drowdeviant on June 11, 2016, 12:10:13 PM
:P If my life wasn't currently being utter shit I would so much want to give this a try.

I do hope things get better!

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 11, 2016, 12:41:42 PM
I do hope things get better!

You and I both. :P

I mainly was thinking a druid/ranger character (race, animal companion and class archetypes were the only big questions)
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

PhantomPistoleer

Niccolo Swift
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=840445

Niccolo Swift is the scion of a disgraced merchant family.  He was disinherited and subsequently jailed when he was discovered sodomizing his step mother.  As per his sentencing, Swift was press-ganged into naval service, but his time aboard a military warship was short-lived.  The ship, the Exodus, was scuttled by Red Beard, and its prisoner crew was integrated into Red Beard's crew to replenish her slain crew.  Niccolo is an excellent seaman and a skilled bowman, and his penchant for lascivious adventures matches that of many of his crewmates.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Angie

So I just realized, with my skill at Alchemy, i can keep the ship supplied with canisters of Liquid Ice that we can load into catapults. Alchemist's Fire is cheaper, but I don't intend to use it.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 11, 2016, 04:37:07 PM
So I just realized, with my skill at Alchemy, i can keep the ship supplied with canisters of Liquid Ice that we can load into catapults. Alchemist's Fire is cheaper, but I don't intend to use it.

Hmmm well the ship is armed with a ballista.   A small catapult for the ship.  The crew and captain can save up and buy one or perhaps such could be a adventure as the plan to steal one from one of the port forts   (puts on thinking cap like the idea of an adventure of trying to stealing a catapult   >:) lol)

Angie

Angelo could come up to the captain and say "hey, wanna freeze our enemies so badly they'll never have an erection ever again? We need a catapult."

Revelation

Plus we also have an alchemist, we can definitely introduce Golarion to chemical warfare.

Angie

Hmm, if we already have an alchemist, I might change my craft to be Ships instead, I'd like to cover all bases.