Recruiting, "The Forgotten Tower" A Pathfinder Game.

Started by Blinkin, June 11, 2016, 07:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzly

Have fun, folks.  :)

Keep me in mind should someone drop.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Mister Ugly

can we have a mule? i do not mind paying for it if someone gets a pack saddle...lots of things we can put on it.
I am also considering getting Beau a guard dog almost as good as an alarm spell.

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Tagan

Murasaki tends to cast Mount, rather than keep an animal herself.  But she'd share upkeep of a mule.

Ghostwheel

Zara has saddlebags, and a maximum weight capacity of 1.6k lbs, if that helps. If we're starting in a cold environment, not sure that the mule has the fort save or the HP to survive such a place easily.

Blinkin

I would add that you'll have to buy and carry food for the animal(s) as hunting may be scarce, and some animals are not suited for heavy snow or the cold without protection.

I might suggest that if you're carrying that much weight... meaning enough that you think that you need a pack-animal, that you may want to reconsider your equipment.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

Well, it looks like a post didn't get through. In regards to favored class options, GW's answer corrected mine, if this has been answered by Piaso, then that's the answer as I have no real reason for not going that route. She can take any of the 3 favored class options that a half-elf allows..
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Blinkin

The OOC and Character Sheet threads have been put up.

The Character Sheet thread is Here

Please copy your profile, To the Background section, and put it, with your current character sheet, there. I'm still going over character sheets, and I may have questions, but I'll address them in PM.

The OOC thread can be found Here. Feel free to post and say hello. As soon as the characters are finalized and approved, we'll start play.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Ghostwheel on June 17, 2016, 08:59:21 PM
They actually FAQ'ed this up:

"Yes. Half-elves and half-orcs may select racial favored class options, archetypes, traits, and so on, as if they were a full member of both races (a half-elf can select elf and human rules elements, a half-orc can select human and orc rules elements)."

So by the Pathfinder rules, yes, you would be allowed to choose either of the favored class racial options, and switch between them at your discretion. Of course, if Blinkin decides to house rule it, that would be a different matter altogether.

S'why one of my favorite builds is a half-elf Unchained rogue with the Eldritch Scoundrel archetype from Arcane Anthology. Trade a racial trait for elvish weapon proficiency for an elven curve blade, take the human favored class option, and suddenly you're a dex-based two-handed fighting sneak attacking wizard who still gets a fair number of Talents.

I gotta find somewhere to play that thing, see how it turns out.

And glad to be aboard, BLinkin