Started by Elven Sex Goddess, June 09, 2016, 06:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

'The Gilded Lady'

The Gilded Lady layout

Map of the Shackles

Notable Deity of the Shackles 'Besmara' - The Pirate Queen

Current Hurricane King of the council of Pirate Lords - 'Kerdak Bonefist'

Privateer captain Red Beard is looking for capable crew members.  For her caravel ship named 'the Gilded Lady'    Do you have the cojones to take on a life of skulls and shackles upon the high seas. 

For adventures that range from finding lost treasures,   ship to ship battles,  raiding port towns and such.   To revelry in a pirate port.   "Oh an of course we our a honest crew and ship." 'cough cough'  "So there be adventures of sorts that are such as carrying and transporting cargo and of course passengers.   An sometimes those passengers are special."   

Recommended guide to races and classes for the game.
Skull & Shackles characters; Characters of almost any race or class can be found in the melting pot of the Shackles, so long as they have a reason to embrace a life of piracy. In fact, the only class that is probably not a good fit for the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path is the paladin, whose alignment restriction and code of conduct are in direct opposition to the themes of piracy and plunder in this campaign. Archetypes: A number of archetypes are especially suitable for use in the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path. The following archetypes from the Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player’s Guide are all good choices: aquatic druid (druid); rake, swashbuckler, thug (rogue); sea singer (bard); and water elementalist (wizard). The tempest druid archetype from Pathfinder Player Companion: Inner Sea Magic is also a good fit, while Pathfinder Player Companion: Pirates of the Inner Sea offers the buccaneer (bard), corsair (fighter), freebooter (ranger), and smuggler (rogue) archetypes. From Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat, the cad (fighter), daredevil (bard), pirate (rogue), and sea reaver (barbarian) archetypes all complement the themes of this Adventure Path, as do the sea witch (witch), shark shaman (druid), and storm druid (druid) archetypes from Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic.
Bloodlines: The elemental (water) bloodline is a solid choice for a sorcerer in the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, as is the aquatic bloodline or stormborn bloodline from the Advanced Player’s Guide. Domains: Clerics, druids, and inquisitors that have some connection to the sea make a perfect fit for the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path. Details on Besmara— goddess of piracy, strife, and sea monsters—can be found in Pathfinder Adventure Path #55. Good domain choices include Charm, Liberation, Luck, Travel, Trickery, Water, and Weather, and useful subdomains include Curse, Deception, Oceans, Revolution, Storms, and Thievery. In addition, druids might be interested in the aquatic terrain domain from Ultimate Magic. Favored Enemies and Terrains: Good favored enemy choices for rangers in the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path include aberration, humanoid (giant), monstrous humanoid, and in particular, humanoid (human). For favored terrains, water would be the obvious choice.

Character build information
Starting character level is 3rd level.  The campaign is high fantasy 20 point buy.  Max hit points at 1st level and then half +1 + con bonus for each level afterwards.  Starting GP for everyone is 3000.    myth-weavers character sheets.

In personality of the character sheet add sexuality/

When submitting a character submit name of character link to the character sheet and also a background for the character. 

This is not first come first serve.  The game will be put in the extreme system small group games.   Through most plots and adventures will not center around sex.   It is not discouraged among the crew and while on shore.  An of course there is always the possibility of a frisky gigantic squid with tentacles lol.  XD

The ship main deck teetered towards the leeward side as the captain with all his might spun the helm wheel.  Turning the great rudder.  Sweat bore down on his brow, beading up and going into his eyes.   As he looked towards the sun and the silhouette with red sails.    Fear is in his gaze.   The black has not been shown yet.   There was no need,  the red sails already giving fear, it is the Gilded Lady.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Angie

Oh, Angelo the Wizard is SO tempted to join. Are uh...are guns going to be allowed in this one? EDIT: And if so, what ruleset are they going to be under? The standard pathfinder or one of the variants?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Revelation

Quite interested! might make an Inquisitor or a Magus perhaps, are there any things that may be off limits?

Angie

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 09, 2016, 07:41:24 PM
Quite interested! might make an Inquisitor or a Magus perhaps, are there any things that may be off limits?

The only thing that's apparently really off limits is the Paladin, because, well, it just won't work. Otherwise, it seems to be a free for all.

Revelation

Right! I saw the recommendation guide. Paladin definitely wouldn't work no matter how much I love one. Inquisitor seems like it'd be a much more apt fit, since they're a tad more... discrete and flexible in moral codes.

Callie Del Noire

Ershin

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 09, 2016, 07:26:46 PM
Oh, Angelo the Wizard is SO tempted to join. Are uh...are guns going to be allowed in this one? EDIT: And if so, what ruleset are they going to be under? The standard pathfinder or one of the variants?

Pretty much standard  with the only real exception or inclusion is the ship to ship combat in  Skulls and Shackles guide.   

Muskets and flintlock guns yes will be allowed.    Not larger such as cannons.   For that ships will have ballista,  catapults.  An of course magic.   

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 09, 2016, 07:15:13 PM
Interested.  o_o
Quote from: Changingsaint on June 09, 2016, 07:41:24 PM
Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 09, 2016, 07:57:01 PM
could be interested.
Quote from: Ershin on June 09, 2016, 08:10:04 PM
Oooh, very tempted to apply with a Skinwalker (wereshark) Druid.

Thank you all,  I for the interest and yes the Paladin is the only one not allowed for all practical purposes of the campaign.  I looking forward to seeing what players choose to come up, already seeing some nice suggestions.   

Captain Red Beard stealing a line from Peter Quill, i.e. Starlord of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

"What should we do next: Something good, something bad? Bit of both?"

"A bit of both!"

An that will be the gist of the campaign.   O:)

Revelation

Basic ideas are a synthesist summoner since i've always wanted to try one - one who might tr t use a form more adept for water based combat, or a mostly good inquisitor who seeks to enjoy life, even if it means sometimes robbing from others. Okay, a lot of robbing and piracy - he'd sometimes put the coin to good use!  But he won't bat an eye at the more illegal acts of piracy.

Angie

Angelo is NG himself, but he seeks a lot of answers for questions from his past, so being somewhat unlawful is actually in his best interest. Is Iomedae a deity that's worshipped in this setting, or are we really far removed from base Pathfinder?

Revelation

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 09, 2016, 09:26:19 PM
Angelo is NG himself, but he seeks a lot of answers for questions from his past, so being somewhat unlawful is actually in his best interest. Is Iomedae a deity that's worshipped in this setting, or are we really far removed from base Pathfinder?

I'm looking to to NG or CG myself. More good than not, but piracy isn't exactly the business for pure heroes.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 09, 2016, 09:26:19 PM

To answer you question.   Not likely,  your character would be like a  solitaire figure of worship within the Shackles.

The prominent religions;  Besmara, Calistria, Cayden Cailean, Gozreh, Norgorber, Pharasma   That have open worship and abound. 

To help a bit here is the Pathfinder Wiki page for the Shackles

Revelation

If I go inquisitor it will be a follower of Cayden, Calistria, or Besmara, those three seem the most likely to have 'good' followers, and an inquisitor of any of the three seems like a potentially fun character to play.

Angie

I chose the wrong words, I guess I was wondering if Iomedae was around or not. Worship isn't important to him, he venerates most deities himself, just if she was around-his bloodline has a lot of celestial stuff in it, but the blood is very, very, VERY thin when it gets to his place on the family tree.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 09, 2016, 10:28:13 PM
If I go inquisitor it will be a follower of Cayden, Calistria, or Besmara, those three seem the most likely to have 'good' followers, and an inquisitor of any of the three seems like a potentially fun character to play.

Yes I am in agreement.  A lot of fun potentially to be had. 

Revelation

I'm kind of leaning towards Cayden. Idea is a mostly good natured man who enjoys his drink, his women, and freedom for others. A man who enjoys the freedom that the sea brings, but will fight to defend that freedom for others as well, and will show a rather dedicated zeal in protecting the lifestyle of his friends and himself - though he would try to err pirates towards less noble targets. he hardly minds the piracy life, but isn't quite the type to raid people who don't deserve it or who can't fight back. He just wants to have a good time, fuck a lot of women or at least one really good woman for a longer relationship, and sees life as an adventure to enjoy.

Angie

Well hell, technically, plenty of pirates of history could be Lawful Neutral. Most pirates came from two sources: Legitimate mercenaries given letters of marque to hunt enemy ships for a specific country (like the English crown hiring pirates to take on Spanish merchant ships) or military ships that got fed up with not being paid and decided to take it themselves. Nothing says we can't be bounty hunters or privateers (the first thing I mentioned), though the occasional illegal target will make us very rich indeed...

Revelation

that's true! but there are not many lawful pirate gods and most need to be in one step or so abouts of their deity. :P And I usually play lawful or lawful leaning characters, so getting to slack off on that a little. My inquisitor would much prefer the bounty hunting and privateering life himself though. And yeah, a privateer was often a pirate, what exactly he was just depended on who he was working for.

Angie

Since I'm getting down to brass tacks, ESG, what XP speed are we using? Slow, medium, Fast?

ArinTalis

I'm definitely interested, and would like to submit a character. (Umika, wandering ronin turned pirate in theme, Swashbuckler in class, because it beats the alternatives. XD) I've completed a sheet on the dreamweaver app that was linked, but I can't seem to figure out how to share it with someone on these boards. ;) Help me out?

*Minor edits made for clarity.

Angie

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=840705

Currently, gear is not purchased as I need to await ESG so I can flood her inbox with questions. However, this is the basics. And he's going Air, because oh my god, that's hilarious.

Also Arin, i think you can just do what I do and link the URL.

Angelo's History
The blood of Iomedae is all but spent. Or at least, that's what Angelo's mother, the great Aasimar Paladin known as Catarina the Serene believed. She had married a fellow Aasimar she met in her youthful adventures, and settled down in the western lands of Garund, opening a tavern to provide ale and rumors to wandering adventurers, just like she used to be. Angelo exhibited no traits of celestial inheritence, leading his parents to believe the blood line ended with them. They did not mind, as it meant Angelo would be able to have a normal life, away from the sheltered upbringings they had both had.

Angelo was a natural jokester growing up, not helped at all when he discovered his small aptitude for magic. Master wizards to tutor a young son who shows a talent are difficult to come by in Garund, but one did happen to come to The Light's Dawn Inn. A deal was struck-free room and board for the wizard in exchange for tutelage. The old, wizened master attempted to stifle Angelo's learning in order to draw out the length of this deal, but Angelo possessed a natural knack and learned much faster then the average student would. Tensions flared between the old master and Catarina, as Catarina noticed the intentional limiting of Angelo's training. This eventually resulted in Catarina kicking the master out-at the point of her old, heavily enchanted greatsword. By that point, Angelo was skilled enough to call himself a Journeyman in the ways of magic.

Young Angelo had a love for the air, and also for the thunderstorms that the air sent his way. If he could harness that power...well, he did. He dedicated himself to Air magic, learning to throw bolts of lightning and manipulate the air around him. Electrical tricks are great at parties, he found, as he was able to charm lads and ladies alike with his magical powers. His mother might not approve of his particular proclivities, but she respected the boy enough to not argue with him-and besides, he acted like a gentleman, playing the natural charmer who didn't always get the girl or guy, but was at least nice enough to wish them well if they slipped from his grasp.

His life might have gone by as just a young magician living in an inn, if one day, he had not returned from the town shop to find a horrifying scene-the inside of the Light's Dawn covered in blood. On the wall behind the bar was a message burned into the wood: "DEATH TO PAGAN GODS!" One man was found cowering in the basement, and when Angelo interrogated him, he discovered that a group of suspicious characters, dressed as pirates, visited the tavern, and fighting started while Angelo was away.

Angelo does not know if his parents survived, as he found no bodies at the scene. Nor did he find the pirates. But he has come west to The Shackles proper, rather then being near the outskirts, and signed on with the Gilded Lady, hoping to find answers-where are his parents? Who was stupid enough to attack them?

He will admit, however...the pirate life? It suits him, at least a little bit. As for why he chose the Gilded Lady over all others? He thinks the captain is incredibly beautiful and has the hots for her, simple as that.

Sort of an early draft, see how things go.

Revelation

Gabriel Hunter

Like Ang,I am unsure as to our wealth so I have not bought items yet.

History
The average follower of Cayden Cailean is seen as something of a drunk, a fool who enjoys adventure and drinking, women (or men) and the more decadent things in life. Oh, Gabriel wished things were that simple for him. To be someone who could always enjoy drinking and revelry would be a boon... And yet he finds purpose in his life as an inquisitor to the so called Accidental God. Gabriel was born in Port Peril to simple dockworkers, and his beginnings were humble. He was strong, perceptive – and while he tended to enjoy helping his parents, there was always something burning in him. A desire for more, a desire for the world at large. It was always stoked but never truly fanned, and while he devoured books when he could, he knew that they did nothing compared to the chance to really explore the seas and do what he wished upon a ship.

Most of his early life, he had to be content with just listening to the shiphands and the drunks as he worked at the docks, overhearing them or slacking off and paying some of the more scarred sailors copper or silver for stories. Of course as he grew older he matured out, muscles developed from hard work and he could have easily been a deck hand proper.  And eventually he was even offered such a position by a somewhat rowdy looking captain and a raucous looking crew. With common sense having partially left him, he eagerly took the chance to finally set sail and explore the seas!

It was miserable back breaking work and he was treated like shit as a new deckhand and he hated every fucking second of it. Why did he want to do this again? The pay was fucking garbage too, he felt like a fool that had been duped. Of course it was all too good to be true. That quickly tempered the young man, and while he wasn’t back at home, he had to endure the hard work and labor. Opportunity came however on a port trip to one of the shackle’s many cities, where he ducked out of his shift and sought the fastest ship to home. Salvation did not come directly – but it came nonetheless, from a more priestly man and a ragged, if determined looking crew. Still finding it hard to believe the captains story about the crew being escaped slaves looking for freedom, they were still going to Port Peril where they could start a new life... And well, it was the only ship heading home.  The work on deck was not simple still, but he was treated with more respect... And he listened in to the captain giving what amounted to sermons. To enjoy life, to help others, to enjoy the pleasures and bounties... And to fight for freedom, the good fight, against tyrants and slavers. The latter proved to be rather crucial when a slaving ship maneuvered against the ship Gabriel found himself on, and sought to take the slaves back or kill them all... And kill the rest of the crew on his ship. Truly fighting for the first time in his life, Gabriel found that the flame within himself burned bright at the thought of helping these escaped slaves, and fought with a frenzy and zeal unmatched by few. Whether by dumb luck or skill, Gabriel showed that there was a hero within him, and one that made the captain rather proud. A priest of Cayden, the elder man sought to instill Gabriel with the tenants of belief and while Gabriel is not a dedicated worshiper he finds there to be enough virtue in Cayden’s faith to hold himself to it for now.

Piracy wasn’t the most noble of pursuits, but soon enough he found himself as a glorified privateer, seeking to spread the faith in his own way, and maybe enjoy himself while he did it. Whether fighting, fucking, or drinking, Cayden offered many potential delights to assuage a doubting mind and perhaps being an accidental hero wasn’t so bad.

Chulanowa

Elven Sex Goddess

To answer some of the questions asked.

Experience trek speed.  =  Fast

Starting gold =  3000 GP

To link your sheet from Myth-Weavers  make sure it is not set on private and [url]  [/url]  Usually imputed as such [url=link]Character name[/url]

ArinTalis

Still figuring out equipment beyond the basics. ;) But...

Introducing Umika

The Story So Far...
Umika was a member of a noble samurai clan in Tian-Xian who ended up getting into a bit of a mess. Her clan was defeated, and she was given a choice: marry the patriarch of another clan in his fifties, or be sold to a local brothel. She chose option three, taking her extensive training as onna-bugeisha across lands as a mercenary. Her first big adventure occurred when she realized that her problems were going to follow her, and she ended up crossing the sea. One misadventure with pirates later where she was the sole survivor of a particularly militant group of merchants (nothing beats fighting until you realize that you're the only one left alive on the deck, and while the pirates are impressed at your skill, they also outnumber you by a ridiculous amount), she ended up joining them as a crew member. There are worse fates than serving on the Guilded Lady, and after a lifetime of "you must have duty and honor", getting to cut loose as a dirty pirate is a damn good time.

ChaoticSky

Foxfyr

Lathus
Elven Alchemist (Grenadier)
Character Sheet

Personality - Lathus is the sort of person who doesn't take life too seriously, preferring to live in the moment and extract every ounce of enjoyment out of it.  As a result, he is an avid drinker, has an eye for women with an open mind to experimentation, and is a notorious prankster. Whereas stealing has been a way to provide for his basic needs, mischief is his primary form of entertainment; he lives to see the reactions of his victims. Lathus’ actions are well calculated to be both efficient and flawlessly timed whenever possible, he does not lend himself well to impulsive decisions. Despite his lighthearted nature, it isn’t uncommon for him to get on the nerves of other people at times due do his skepticism, sarcastic comments, and foolish games. Despite whatever hostility he incurs from his friends, Lathus is always willing to apologize or forgive and will remain unyieldingly loyal to them.

Background - Lathus comes from a family of sea faring wandering merchants and entertainers of questionable repute; for the sake of simplicity, society simply referred to them as gypsies.  It was a title he always took offense to and was always swift to rebuke the affiliation by doing everything he could to embellish the accuser’s ignorance and stupidity to any onlookers.  In the event that there were no onlookers, he was just as adept at swiping the accuser’s wallet as he elaborated on the several subtle differences that separated his family from gypsies.

As was a rite of passage within his family upon coming of age, Lathus was forced to leave his family’s floating caravan to seek riches or a wife worthy enough to grant himself high standing among his own family and others like them.  Fate guided him to a shady tavern where he met Captain Red Beard who was seeking to expand her crew.  Understanding full well the sort of wealth that could be attained through less-than-legitimate business ventures and being more than familiar with traveling atop the waves, Lathus proved his abilities to the Captain and was given his place among the crew.

Revelation

Sheet has been edited with items then. Since no one else had it yet I picked up a wand of cure light wounds to cure party booboos.

Grizzly

Tossing my hat into this ring.  Now to think of a character to submit...
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Tentatively marking interest here, as well. Will have to look a little more carefully at existing apps before I decide what to apply.

Should players read the (Free, available at Paizo) Pathfinder Adventure Path: Skull & Shackles Player's Guide? I'm guessing "probably yes," but you didn't mention it...

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes  you can use something other then mythweavers.   I linked mythweavers as matter of convenience for those that did not have a ready access for online character sheet.

Yes the players guide for Skulls and Shackles and can be downloaded for free at Paizo's.   

I have yet to look over characters, but will do so here shortly.   An welcome to everyone else who has expressed interest.   

Callie Del Noire

Think I'll bow out.. 1. You got LOTS of options. 2. I can't coax a character out to fit in. I had an idea for a Goblin Alchemist.. my muse went 'meh', thought swashbuckler ('Meh") thought other things.. all I get is 'meh'.

she's being temperamental my Muse.. got the Killer Halfing for PFS.. but nothing since.(Think Joe Pesci with furry feet and a bastard sword)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 10, 2016, 05:37:46 PM
Think I'll bow out.. 1. You got LOTS of options. 2. I can't coax a character out to fit in. I had an idea for a Goblin Alchemist.. my muse went 'meh', thought swashbuckler ('Meh") thought other things.. all I get is 'meh'.

she's being temperamental my Muse.. got the Killer Halfing for PFS.. but nothing since.(Think Joe Pesci with furry feet and a bastard sword)

Sounds like perfect boarding-party material to me. Just huck him over the rail and listen as the screaming starts.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Elven Sex Goddess

Everyone is looking good so far,   Angelo still needs his equipment.    I listed class and gender to let others who are interested in playing to see what is needed if their undecided as to what to play.   Still I am one play what you want  if were top heavy in one direction I am not out to penalize I can work with it.   

The Gilded Lady approved roster

Character             Class                         Gender                     Player

Gabriel Hunter      Inquistor                   Male                         Changingsaint

Umika                 Swashbuckler             Female                     ArinTalis

Angelo                Wizard/Air mage        Male                         Angiejuusan   (still need equipment)

Lathus               Alchemist-Grenadier    Male                         Foxfyr

Angie

Yes, I did send you a question asking if I could use Angelo's starting gold to make gear instead of buying it outright. With that answered yay or nay I can get to work buying stuff.

Also, nothing says our crew can't be a bit more mixed. We need plenty of able hands.

swordwind

So this group is full now? Or is the list just a way to show us who we could be playing with?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: swordwind on June 11, 2016, 06:12:29 AM
So this group is full now? Or is the list just a way to show us who we could be playing with?

No the group is not full.   Still at least two more spots.   Ideally like to have seven players  can go up to max of nine players.    If one thing I learned about E,  is for whatever reasons.   A person may bite off more then they can handle or real life throws a wrench.   There is always a drop off rate.   An if such doesn't happen,  I am still comfortable with running a group of nine. 

So far there has been one I had questions in regards.  However the player in the spirit of the campaign offered has built the character in said spirit.   

So yes it is the roster and with such there is still  five more slots still available to fill out.     

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chulanowa

I'll have something up by this evening; Overwatch ate my brain tonight  :-[

Muse

Hi everyone! 

If it's not too late would a maened wilder be a welcome addition to the crew? 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Drowdeviant

:P If my life wasn't currently being utter shit I would so much want to give this a try.
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Revelation

Quote from: Drowdeviant on June 11, 2016, 12:10:13 PM
:P If my life wasn't currently being utter shit I would so much want to give this a try.

I do hope things get better!

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 11, 2016, 12:41:42 PM
I do hope things get better!

You and I both. :P

I mainly was thinking a druid/ranger character (race, animal companion and class archetypes were the only big questions)
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

PhantomPistoleer

Niccolo Swift
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=840445

Niccolo Swift is the scion of a disgraced merchant family.  He was disinherited and subsequently jailed when he was discovered sodomizing his step mother.  As per his sentencing, Swift was press-ganged into naval service, but his time aboard a military warship was short-lived.  The ship, the Exodus, was scuttled by Red Beard, and its prisoner crew was integrated into Red Beard's crew to replenish her slain crew.  Niccolo is an excellent seaman and a skilled bowman, and his penchant for lascivious adventures matches that of many of his crewmates.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Angie

So I just realized, with my skill at Alchemy, i can keep the ship supplied with canisters of Liquid Ice that we can load into catapults. Alchemist's Fire is cheaper, but I don't intend to use it.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 11, 2016, 04:37:07 PM
So I just realized, with my skill at Alchemy, i can keep the ship supplied with canisters of Liquid Ice that we can load into catapults. Alchemist's Fire is cheaper, but I don't intend to use it.

Hmmm well the ship is armed with a ballista.   A small catapult for the ship.  The crew and captain can save up and buy one or perhaps such could be a adventure as the plan to steal one from one of the port forts   (puts on thinking cap like the idea of an adventure of trying to stealing a catapult   >:) lol)

Angie

Angelo could come up to the captain and say "hey, wanna freeze our enemies so badly they'll never have an erection ever again? We need a catapult."

Revelation

Plus we also have an alchemist, we can definitely introduce Golarion to chemical warfare.

Angie

Hmm, if we already have an alchemist, I might change my craft to be Ships instead, I'd like to cover all bases.

Revelation

Our's is a Grenadier, so he is definitely focused on being a bomber I would assume! I don't mind some redundancy.... But my inquisitor has no crafting. Instead he has at least a +12 to intimidate and knows how to be a sailor!

ChaoticSky

Not sure if i missed the memo, but quick question; What are we doing for traits? 1+1 or 2+1? Are drawbacks a thing?

Angie

I just realized-I'm not seeing any stats for a Caravel in the player's guide, so what stats are we using and what upgrades do people want Angelo to shove into this thing?

Angie

I now have my Gear, some scrolls to add to my spellbook, a wand of Magic Missile, and next on the list is a hat of disguise, which will run him 900 gp to make. And yes, I do have a scroll of Unnatural Lust, because...he's horny.

ChaoticSky

Just in case anyone is wondering, I'm planning to put together something roguelike (Because really! Pirates o.o), still not sure if I'm going for a Unc Rogue or something else. But i do have the weirdest idea for a Vigilante... Swaps between a innocent, helpless cabin girl and a ruthless pirate assassin. 

Chulanowa

Quote from: ChaoticSky on June 11, 2016, 09:35:40 PM
Just in case anyone is wondering, I'm planning to put together something roguelike (Because really! Pirates o.o), still not sure if I'm going for a Unc Rogue or something else. But i do have the weirdest idea for a Vigilante... Swaps between a innocent, helpless cabin girl and a ruthless pirate assassin.

I'm looking at a rogue-type myself (leaning Bard or Investigator, kinda) - I want to have a halfling/gnome with a coded treasure map / ship's log.  ;D

Revelation

I made the inquisitor with a lil bit of skilly stuff in mind, but we could use a rogue for the actual rogue-y things. Or well, someone who can do the rogue-y things.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 11, 2016, 11:26:54 PM
I'm looking at a rogue-type myself (leaning Bard or Investigator, kinda) - I want to have a halfling/gnome with a coded treasure map / ship's log.  ;D
Investigator Gnomes are amazing, hilarious and very IC for gnomes.

Its a combo ive enjoyed in the past. I almost did it here, but i decided to go a different way.

Angie

Angelo realizes he could very likely use a combination of Ghost Sound and Silent Image to make custom figureheads. This may lead to being able to take commissions for really awesome ship figureheads, thus leading to tons of money that we can use to upgrade our ships...and maybe even take over the ships I worked on because pirates are dicks.

I am going to abuse the shit out of Craft Wondrous Item, okay?

Muse

Alyxia Vors

If Alyxia's race and class are permisable, I'll build her a background.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: ChaoticSky on June 11, 2016, 06:00:14 PM
Not sure if i missed the memo, but quick question; What are we doing for traits? 1+1 or 2+1? Are drawbacks a thing?

Traits  2 free ,  can take a additional 3rd trait but with a drawback.    So either have 2 traits or  3 plus 1 drawback.   

I am currently going over the latest character submissions. 

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on June 12, 2016, 09:52:47 AM
Traits  2 free ,  can take a additional 3rd trait but with a drawback.    So either have 2 traits or  3 plus 1 drawback.   

I am currently going over the latest character submissions.
Neat. Another question occurred to me; Are we using Background Skills? That system works really nice for games where we need skills to function (ala run a ship)

Muse

That would be nice. 

If we do I'll add a craft and a perform.  :) 

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: ChaoticSky on June 12, 2016, 10:06:43 AM
Neat. Another question occurred to me; Are we using Background Skills? That system works really nice for games where we need skills to function (ala run a ship)

Yeah, it would be pretty cool if we could get background skills...

I picked up profession (sailor) and craft (boatswain), but I'm skeptical that they will get any use.  I don't even know what a boatswain is!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ArinTalis

As a side note: Are we following the Pathfinder standard EQ rule where no more than 25% of your wealth can be spent on any one item? I've finished putting together my basic equipment, and I'd like to finalize something a little more concrete.

Angie

If we were, I would not have my amulet, as making the thing cost me 1/3 of my budget.

ArinTalis

Well, I thought I'd ask for an official ruling, as I like having a definitive response before I give myself a +1 Katana. ;)

Elven Sex Goddess

Updated   

Character             Class                         Gender                     Player

Gabriel Hunter      Inquistor                   Male                         Changingsaint

Umika                 Swashbuckler             Female                     ArinTalis

Angelo                Wizard/Air mage        Male                         Angiejuusan   

Niccolo Swift      Ranger                       Male                         PhantomPistoleer

Alyxia Vors        Wilder                        Female                     Muse

Alright got enough for the campaign.    Still three more slots open.    An still those that have expressed interest.   So looking at starting this weekend coming up.   

Quote from: ArinTalis on June 12, 2016, 08:39:31 PM
As a side note: Are we following the Pathfinder standard EQ rule where no more than 25% of your wealth can be spent on any one item? I've finished putting together my basic equipment, and I'd like to finalize something a little more concrete.

No I am lenient on such and is not enforcing such.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on June 12, 2016, 10:06:43 AM
Yes we are.   

Wednesday I have the ship stats done up and posted for the game.     An one thing the crew might take stock their is only one ballista.   

ArinTalis

Added Profession (Sailor) and Perform (Dance) from background skills to sheet. ;) Can't wait!

Angie

Added background skills, using the system to put full points in Craft Ships and Artistry sculpture (because money making, yeah!). I also purchased a portable Alchemy Lab, which I figured I can leave in wherever our quarters are with a big fucking warning label that says "DON'T FUCKING TOUCH OR IT'LL EXPLODE". I have enough gp left over I can purchase a Catapult for the ship, only a light one, though.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 12, 2016, 01:31:42 PM
Yeah, it would be pretty cool if we could get background skills...

I picked up profession (sailor) and craft (boatswain), but I'm skeptical that they will get any use.  I don't even know what a boatswain is!

Excerpt from wiki on a Boatswain
Outside the supervisory role, the boatswain regularly inspects the vessel and performs a variety of routine, skilled, and semi-skilled duties to maintain all areas of the ship not maintained by the engineering department. These duties can include cleaning, painting, and maintaining the vessel's hull, superstructure and deck equipment as well as executing a formal preventive maintenance program. A boatswain's skills may include cargo rigging, winch operations, deck maintenance, working aloft, and other duties required during deck operations. The boatswain is well versed in the care and handling of lines, and has knowledge of knots, hitches, bends, whipping, and splices as needed to perform tasks such as mooring a vessel. The boatswain typically operates the ship's windlasses when letting go and heaving up anchors. Moreover, a boatswain may be called upon to lead firefighting efforts or other emergency procedures encountered on board. Effective boatswains are able to integrate their seafarer skills into supervising and communicating with members of deck crew with often diverse backgrounds

Red beard hands  Niccolo a bucket and scrubbing brush.  "A clean deck is a ready pirate. Git to it my boatswain."   J/K

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on June 13, 2016, 09:00:55 PM
Excerpt from wiki on a Boatswain
Red beard hands  Niccolo a bucket and scrubbing brush.  "A clean deck is a ready pirate. Git to it my boatswain."   J/K

I thought that a Boatswain was a carpenter?  But it turns out that he isn't.

I will go ahead and change it to "boat carpenter."  How many background skills do characters get?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Angie

Two 'ranks' per level, to be put only in background skills.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 13, 2016, 09:38:10 PM
I thought that a Boatswain was a carpenter?  But it turns out that he isn't.

I will go ahead and change it to "boat carpenter."  How many background skills do characters get?

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 13, 2016, 09:40:33 PM
Two 'ranks' per level, to be put only in background skills.

correct  and thank you Angiejuusan for answering quickly. 

Angie

Carpenter would probably actually be "Craft: Ships", so, with permission, I would like to change my Craft Ships to Craft Siege Engines.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 13, 2016, 09:51:20 PM
Carpenter would probably actually be "Craft: Ships", so, with permission, I would like to change my Craft Ships to Craft Siege Engines.

Aww, if you wanted to be the carpenter, I can take the Craft Siege Engines?  It would fit with my character's ranged combat proficiency. :l
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Angie

Whatever works. I just want to have lots of skills that would be useful. Plus I also wanted to do ship upgrades eventually, so, what's your Int?

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Angie

The Wizard will be at +4 next level, so since I wanna do upgrades, mind letting me be the Shipbuilder?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 13, 2016, 10:01:19 PM
The Wizard will be at +4 next level, so since I wanna do upgrades, mind letting me be the Shipbuilder?

No problem!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Angie

So, I assume the standard rules of craft apply to ship improvements, in that if I wanted to add a feature that cost 500 gp, I would instead find the cost in sp (5,000), divide by 3 (about 1,533) and pay that much for the raw materials?

Fey

Hello. :) Are you still accepting characters? I would like to submit a Stormborn sorceress.

Angie

I do not know if we are still open.

Oh, also, guys, recommendation: BUY. EMPTY. SACKS. They're 1 silver for a bag that can hold 60 lbs of crap, and if we DON'T take any, I guarantee ESG will give us 30,000 cp and ask us how we're gonna carry it.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Ysariel on June 14, 2016, 02:48:07 PM
Hello. :) Are you still accepting characters? I would like to submit a Stormborn sorceress.

Still accepting

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ysariel on June 14, 2016, 02:48:07 PM

Aww, yiss!!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Foxfyr

As a heads up, I'm going to be on a week-long vacation starting tomorrow and will have no access to the internet during that time.  I have no problem with Goddess NPCing my character (assuming they get selected) while I'm away.

Revelation

Since no one else has it... My second background skill will be in cooking. Someone's gotta feed the ship, Would cooking be craft or profession?

MrBubbles

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 15, 2016, 12:41:00 PM
Since no one else has it... My second background skill will be in cooking. Someone's gotta feed the ship, Would cooking be craft or profession?

Craft (Cooking) is only useful for making unique recipes or very specific brews.

Profession (Cooking) expresses a character's competence at routinely making food and all the processes that go on in the kitchen.

Revelation

Quote from: MrBubbles on June 15, 2016, 12:53:59 PM
Craft (Cooking) is only useful for making unique recipes or very specific brews.

Profession (Cooking) expresses a character's competence at routinely making food and all the processes that go on in the kitchen.

My focus is more on feeding people and fluff rather than anything else, so I assume the profession part focuses more on just making damn good food.

Angie

Considering the way the craft rules are set up, there's really no conceivable way to put it under craft, so I would really just say Profession.

Revelation

That was my assumption. In any case, group now has a chef!

Fey

Vinkiri

Vinkiri and her family were always treated with suspicion by the other inhabitants of their fishing village. Rumors had long held that they made some pact with the spirits of storm and sky and sea, or that the tempests and the sea showed them special favor. They were looked at accusingly when boats were lost at sea, and with jealousy when they returned from diving for pearls with some gleaming treasure or the other. For her part, Vinkiri was thoroughly bored with life in a dull little fishing village where nothing of note ever happened. A consummate rascal, she was constantly getting into mischief involving drink, good-looking boys and gold. So when the power of her sorcerous bloodline burst forth one day, Vinkiri knew she was destined to be more than a fisherman's daughter. She left on the next ship for a life of adventure, excitement, boundless riches and great sex!

[Character sheet]

Ron Don Volante

I could be interested if you're okay with a female character played by a Lord! :)
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Grizzly

For you consideration, here is my submission, a Sacred Fist of Besmara by the name of Roxelana Sandsmarque.

I haven't found a good picture for her just yet but I'll post one when I find one.

History

Roxelana has piracy in her blood, though hardly by choice.  Her mother and father, Merrick 'Bloody Merry' Sandsmarque, is a pirate of some renown.  He claims dot have journeyed across the sea to Tian-Xian and brought back a vast treasure (which he quickly lost but that is another story).  More importantly, Merrick brought with him a woman scoundrel, Sun Tsai, a martial artist of some skill.  They fell madly in love with each other and with causing trouble.  Having a family only slowed them down a little, at least until their children were ready to embark on their own as part of the family business.  Embracing the family religion and a love of the freedom of the sea, Roxelana set out to make her own mark. 

Roxelana's career did not start out very spectacularly.  She spent as much time plundering taverns as she did out on the seas, neither to much great success.  One might have mistaken her for a follower of the Drunken Hero given the amount of kegs that she helped to drain, were it not for the symbols of Besmara that graced the hilt of her Rapier, that she hardly uses, and around her neck.  She considers the rapier to be more of a holy symbol than an actual weapon, preferring to follow in her mothers footsteps and punch and kick away at her opponents to her hearts content.   

The Sacred Fist doesn't consider herself malicious in any way.  Life was meant to be enjoyed, if you could grab it by the neck and give it a good shake, and that is what she did.  More than a little wild at times, Roxey spent several years drinking, plundering, and bedding both men and women.  Deciding that it was time to take things a little more seriously, Roxey set out to find a new ship to serve on.

Elven Sex Goddess

Updated   

Angelo                Wizard/Air mage        Male                         Angiejuusan   

Niccolo Swift      Ranger                       Male                         PhantomPistoleer

Alyxia Vors        Wilder                        Female                     Muse

Vinkiri              Sorcerer                     Female                     Ysariel

Grizzly like the concept  just finish the sheet filling in.   Then you be good to go and accepted.   

Ron Don Volante  a female character played by a lord be fine, considering we have two already playing female characters.   Just peek at other players on and offs to see if they have objections for definite answer for each individual, but it will not preclude you from joining.    Looking forward to what concept you offer up. 

Alright got enough for the campaign.    Still two more slot open.    An still those that have expressed interest.   I hope to start between Sunday and Wednesday this up coming week.   

Here is the link to put your characters on the ships roster.  'The Gilded Lady' of the Shackles Crew Roster   So all those on the roster here so far go ahead and post your characters to this thread,  links to sheets and picture and backgrounds.   

Delay in ship stats up before Friday

As some of you might have noticed,  I have put the game in NC exotic group system.   

Angie

Revelation

Ah, to be honest... I don't quite mind a larger group. No offense, but group games can easily go from 8 people to 2 in the span of a week.So an insurance buffer... Is good.

PhantomPistoleer

I'm pleased as punch with how bad ass the crew is turning out to be!  Also, am super happy with the cleavage game.  Bravo, everyone.

Does anyone want to form special relationships?

I would like to have ongoing friendships, sexual relationships, and romances with characters before the game starts.  My character likes to party and really likes group sex, so I'd like for him to have a male best friend who usually accompanies him to MFMs.  I'd also like an F for a very open relationship who preferably doesn't mind being the F in the occasional MFM.  Lemme know!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Revelation

I am more than happy to weave my characters story in with anyone else. mfm he'd be a bit more reticent on since he's more a fan of monogamy, but i'm not against it as a once in a while thing either.

ArinTalis

I'm not adverse, but I'd really need to see how the characters are in play before I determine if the chemistry is good enough for Umiika to sleep with them. ;) I need a little bit of romance before making such decisions.

Revelation

Speaking of Umiika, the image on her sheet doesn't display, it might need to be rehosted.

ArinTalis

Really? It's there in all the windows I just checked. (Character sheet, Character Roster Thread). Are you sure?

Revelation

http://i.imgur.com/yk2KlTQ.png

That's all I see. It may be different foryou due to browser cache maybe?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 15, 2016, 11:03:48 PM
I am more than happy to weave my characters story in with anyone else. mfm he'd be a bit more reticent on since he's more a fan of monogamy, but i'm not against it as a once in a while thing either.

Yay!  An eskimo brother.  Maybe we can work something out where Niccolo frequently tries to get Gabriel SUPER drunk just so that he comes out to port to let loose.

"You really enjoyed the last time you came out with us, Gabriel," Niccolo said cheerfully as he bit into an apple.  "Just a little drink.  And no funny business this time.  Ha!"

Quote from: ArinTalis on June 15, 2016, 11:11:10 PM
I'm not adverse, but I'd really need to see how the characters are in play before I determine if the chemistry is good enough for Umiika to sleep with them. ;) I need a little bit of romance before making such decisions.

I get it!  Mwahaha.  But would it be possible for Niccolo to know someone who might have told him that Umika was into BDSM?  And could Niccolo and Umika at least be friends?

I would like for Niccolo to be able to say something like, "Umika, I would definitely tie you up, and I don't even have rope!" without getting his hands chopped off.

Niccolo will always be fascinated by super hot women.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ArinTalis

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 15, 2016, 11:16:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yk2KlTQ.png

That's all I see. It may be different foryou due to browser cache maybe?

Oh dear? Can someone else check for me to be safe? I'm kind of a total n00b, and it's more than plausible that I used the wrong method for long term image storage. :(

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 15, 2016, 11:20:30 PM
Yay!  An eskimo brother.  Maybe we can work something out where Niccolo frequently tries to get Gabriel SUPER drunk just so that he comes out to port to let loose.

"You really enjoyed the last time you came out with us, Gabriel," Niccolo said cheerfully as he bit into an apple.  "Just a little drink.  And no funny business this time.  Ha!"

I get it!  Mwahaha.  But would it be possible for Niccolo to know someone who might have told him that Umika was into BDSM?  And could Niccolo and Umika at least be friends?

I would like for Niccolo to be able to say something like, "Umika, I would definitely tie you up, and I don't even have rope!" without getting his hands chopped off.

She wouldn't be adverse to it. ;) She'd probably blush a bit about the BDSM (that's one of those, just between her and a lover kind of things, because she's afraid people won't take her seriously as a swordmaster if they know) and be annoyed, but if you flirt with her, she's more likely to flirt back. The subtle art of wordplay interests her just as much as the subtle art of swordplay.

Revelation

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 15, 2016, 11:20:30 PM

That's a... new term. Like I said! I don't mind doing it a few times though. but if Gabriel gets more serious about a lady expect him to get more selfish with her. :p

'My god might like alcohol but he demands knowing when you've had too much! You're not fucking getting me blackout drunk again, you ass! Last time it happened my dick was sore for days.'

And since he's the chef of the ship I think people oughta treat him nice, you don't want to get a bad meal, do you? Shame I have to deal with a middling cha score... Maybe I can use intimidate to pick up ladies? Or would that just frighten them?

ArinTalis

Just cleared my cache! I screwed up! XD I'll go see about fixing it tomorrow.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: ArinTalis on June 15, 2016, 11:30:47 PM
She wouldn't be adverse to it. ;) She'd probably blush a bit about the BDSM (that's one of those, just between her and a lover kind of things, because she's afraid people won't take her seriously as a swordmaster if they know) and be annoyed, but if you flirt with her, she's more likely to flirt back. The subtle art of wordplay interests her just as much as the subtle art of swordplay.

Oh, don't worry.  Niccolo will flirt with Umika.  A lot.

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 15, 2016, 11:32:38 PM
That's a... new term. Like I said! I don't mind doing it a few times though. but if Gabriel gets more serious about a lady expect him to get more selfish with her. :p

'My god might like alcohol but he demands knowing when you've had too much! You're not fucking getting me blackout drunk again, you ass! Last time it happened my dick was sore for days.'

And since he's the chef of the ship I think people oughta treat him nice, you don't want to get a bad meal, do you? Shame I have to deal with a middling cha score... Maybe I can use intimidate to pick up ladies? Or would that just frighten them?

YES.  I love it.  All of it.  Totally intimidate women into having sex with your character.  Niccolo will totally want to see that.  We are pirates, after all.  We take what we want!  ::raises clay mug!::
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Revelation

Haha, i'd like to use intimidate in a positive manner too. Shock and awe, you know? Be both terrifying but perhaps inspiring or eye catching too, could be fun.

Elven Sex Goddess

Here is a pic for your character Angelo,  Angiejuusan

Chulanowa

Muse

Quote from: MrBubbles on June 15, 2016, 12:53:59 PM

I disagree. 

Craft--RAW--is farmore sueful than Profession. 
Craft allows you to manufacture a finsihed product.  It also allows you to earn a wage performing speciifc tasks for an employer. 
Profession only allows you to earn a wage working fo an employer. 

Fey

Sign me up for the occasional MFM. It's my favorite group setup.  :-)

Revelation

I'll go with craft or profession for being a chef and making food, whichever the DM rules!

Ershin

Geeze, that's a pretty full roster. Sorry I haven't gotten anything up yet, I've been quite distracted lately. Might there still be some room to squeeze in or have I lost my opportunity?

Grizzly

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on June 15, 2016, 09:34:34 PM
Grizzly like the concept  just finish the sheet filling in.   Then you be good to go and accepted.   

Character sheet has been updated.  Let me know if I've missed anything.  :)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ysariel on June 16, 2016, 08:38:25 AM
Sign me up for the occasional MFM. It's my favorite group setup.  :-)

You have been pressed to service for the morale of the crew, sorceress!  Mwahaha!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ArinTalis

So I'm currently checking with someone on the site about whether or not my Wiki Links work. So far, everything is checking out? Let me know if you see any other problems, Changingsaint. :)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on June 15, 2016, 09:34:34 PM
Updated   

Captain
Red Beard             Rogue (Pirate)           Female                     DM's

Vinkiri              Sorcerer                     Female                     Ysariel

Roxelana Sandsmarque   Warpriest     Female                     Grizzly

Alright got enough for the campaign.    Still one more slot open.    An still those that have expressed interest.   I hope to start between Sunday and Wednesday this up coming week. 

Ershinn still one more opening. 

Here is the link to put your characters on the ships roster.  'The Gilded Lady' of the Shackles Crew Roster   So all those on the roster here so far go ahead and post your characters to this thread,  links to sheets and picture and backgrounds.   

Delay in ship stats up before Friday

As some of you might have noticed,  I have put the game in NC exotic group system.   

Ershin

Background of my application.
Skinwalker (seascarred) druid. I'll do my best to get a sheet up for her ASAP.

Selachi Chondrichthyes

Selachi was born in a small fishing community to a family well known for their impressive diving abilities, able to go deeper into the murky depths and for longer periods of time than any others, allowing them to salvage fishing boats that happened to meet with unfortunate accidents off the coast, rescue sailors, chase schools of fish with nets rather than casting them and most importantly extracting pearls from the ancient oysters that lay dormant in the ocean, allowing the village to get that little bit more income than their neighbours. It would be what Sel's father would have called a “well known secret” that the family had a little shark blood in them, known as the “Seascarred” by some.

As the girl grew, she learned from her family control over her body, how to let herself breathe in water as easily as air and in dire situations let herself release her shark blood to alter her form. Unlike the fierce kings of the ocean with which her family shared certain attributes, the Chondrichthyes were rather peaceful, content in their role within their community.

Well yearned for something different however, the call of the primordial ocean had a strong pull on her, as the moon does the tides. She would always try and swim farther away and faster than her kin, and on one such occasion met an elderly sea witch. The witch, who preferred to be called a Druid, after a bit of conversation revealed herself to hold many of the same views as young Sel, the ocean held a pull, and long had she seen an age of the deep coming. Perhaps not in her own lifetime but some day. Over the course of months and years she taught Sel certain aspects of magic, and the way to some day control the morphic abilities of her body even further as her body grew into adulthood, gaining height and muscle. She eventually would even introduce her to a pirate captain for whom she held some amount of respect, for there was no better teacher than experience out in the world, on the vast oceans.

So it was that on that day, several years past, Selachi began to voyage on the Gilded Lady.

Chulanowa

I'll be doing mine tomorrow. I did not expect a 13-hour solo shift at work  >:(

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright got the ship stats done and in at beginning of the ship roster.   

Just waiting for the last character to be done up and submitted with sheet.    Its a go hopefully between Sunday and Wednesday for the game to get started.   Going to be initially three more threads to go with the ship's roster thread.   That be the  ships (off shore) thread.  This is where most of the roleplay will take place,  the fighting and escapades of the crew on the high seas around the Shackles    On Shore thread, this is for when they are in a port or going inland.  And a OOC thread  which is self explanatory.

Ershin

Sheet's mostly done apart from items. Sorry it's taking so long. :(

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=848369

Edit - Done. Left with 1755 gold I'm not sure what to do with though. Anyone have any suggestions? Any first levels spells you'd like in a wand perhaps?

Grizzly

I'll post my character in the Character Thread when I can find the time this weekend.

...need to find a picture too...

Elven Sex Goddess

Updated   

Captain
Red Beard             Rogue (Pirate)           Female                     DM's

Roxelana Sandsmarque   Warpriest     Female                     Grizzly

Selachi Chondrichthyes  Druid             Female                    Ershin

Those who have not posted character sheet to roster do so please.

Recruitment is filled and closed for now.

Chulanowa

Shoot. Wish RL hadn't eaten away all my time  :-[ Have fun guys and gals!

Elven Sex Goddess