Any help in identifying an old cartoon / anime from German TV?

Started by Beorning, February 13, 2017, 06:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

For some time now, I've been trying to identify a cartoon series I've seen in my early teens... Unfortunately, none of my googling attempts didn't get me any results. So, I thought I ask around if anyone knows that cartoon by chance?

Here's what I remember about the cartoon: it was a series that was running on one of German TV channels I had on my cable TV (which were Sat 1, Pro 7, RTL and some more). I was a kid or a teen when I saw it, so it had to be running between 1990 and 1998. I have no idea when the cartoon was actually made, but it didn't look too archaic to me back when I saw it. If I remember the art style correctly, it could've been some sort of anime, as I remember the art style as similar to that of some more realistic animes. But I could be wrong about this part.

I'm not too certain about the story, but I think it involved a young woman / teen girl who was looking into the mystery behind the disappearance of her family (or some family members?). It turned out that some sort of criminal organization was behind the disappearances. The organization was employing voodoo for some reason and was actually turning people into voodoo zombies.

IIRC, the girl had some sort of feminine name - Josephine? Angelique? Something like that, I think. But again, I might be wrong here.

Does anyone have any ideas what the cartoon could be?

Beorning

Okay, so... I managed to do some more digging in the German-language Internet and I actually found the cartoon!  ;D

Turns out, it wasn't an anime, but a French series named Sophie et Virginie. Although IMDB does list Japan as the second country of origin, so I guess the cartoon was made with some help of Japanese animators.

Anyway, phew! One mystery solved...  ;D