News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Obviously, stuff is broken : /

Started by Vekseid, November 22, 2009, 05:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip

Quote from: Saffron on December 05, 2009, 04:53:31 PM
I'm still having issues with signatures beside instead of under posts, and stretching pages like mad...

Saff - are you using Chrome?  Is it linked to this?.

I think Vekls said it had been put on the buglist for SMF.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Kip, the Elliquiy Elf on December 05, 2009, 05:31:24 PM
Saff - are you using Chrome?  Is it linked to this?.

I think Vekls said it had been put on the buglist for SMF.
No, I'm using Safari
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

grdell

I'm having significant issues with the site when I try to access it from work. Admittedly, I'm only using IE 6 at work (I wish they'd let us upgrade!), but we've got a good strong connection...

First, the formatting is all messed up with images piling on top of other images and indents all whacked out.

Second, when I try to post, I get all kinds of "session verification" and "session timeout" errors.

I'm thinking of upgrading one of my computers (at work) to IE 7 or 8, and to hell with the consequences. Would that fix the issues?
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Beguile's Mistress

This is what I typed in the New Message text box.

What's new?  What's happening?  I don't know.  We're not here.  Aren't you going?

This is what the text looks like after I click Preview.  The text in the Preview box is fine.

What\'s new?  What\'s happening?  I don\'t know.  We\'re not here.  Aren\'t you going?

This is what happens when I click Preview again.  The text in the Preview box has single slashes.

What\\'s new?  What\\'s happening?  I don\\'t know.  We\\'re not here.  Aren\\'t you going?

Each time I click the Preview button I get new slashes added.  I'm using Firefox.  Any advice?

Vekseid

Vekseid

Quote from: grdell on December 13, 2009, 12:01:39 PM
I'm having significant issues with the site when I try to access it from work. Admittedly, I'm only using IE 6 at work (I wish they'd let us upgrade!), but we've got a good strong connection...

First, the formatting is all messed up with images piling on top of other images and indents all whacked out.

Second, when I try to post, I get all kinds of "session verification" and "session timeout" errors.

I'm thinking of upgrading one of my computers (at work) to IE 7 or 8, and to hell with the consequences. Would that fix the issues?

Gah, I can't even get the Internet Explorer collection to work properly ATM. It mostly works as per the IE collection, but I know that's not very faithful to some of IE 6's quirks, especially with me running XP 64.

Session timeouts may have to do with your cookies and cookie settings - try putting elliquiy.com in your trusted zone.

Quote from: Beguiling Christmas Angel on December 13, 2009, 12:16:23 PM
This is what I typed in the New Message text box.

What's new?  What's happening?  I don't know.  We're not here.  Aren't you going?

This is what the text looks like after I click Preview.  The text in the Preview box is fine.

What\'s new?  What\'s happening?  I don\'t know.  We\'re not here.  Aren\'t you going?

This is what happens when I click Preview again.  The text in the Preview box has single slashes.

What\\'s new?  What\\'s happening?  I don\\'t know.  We\\'re not here.  Aren\\'t you going?

Each time I click the Preview button I get new slashes added.  I'm using Firefox.  Any advice?

I'm not getting it, but I see where it's probably coming from. I'll file a bug.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Vekseid on December 13, 2009, 02:56:44 PM
I'm not getting it, but I see where it's probably coming from. I'll file a bug.

Thanks.  I wasn't such a problem until I was PMing about a story and kept forgetting to remove the slashes or forgot to not use contractions.  I'm a big fan of contractions if you haven't noticed.

grdell

Quote from: Vekseid on December 13, 2009, 02:56:44 PM
Gah, I can't even get the Internet Explorer collection to work properly ATM. It mostly works as per the IE collection, but I know that's not very faithful to some of IE 6's quirks, especially with me running XP 64.

Session timeouts may have to do with your cookies and cookie settings - try putting elliquiy.com in your trusted zone.

Upgraded to IE7, which fixed the formatting problem. Added Elliquiy to trusted sites, but still get the timeout problem.
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Vekseid

Hm. Anything for privacy at all? Can you tell if Elliquiy's session cookie is actually getting set? How about your computer's clock?

Cecilia

A few times now, I've used quick-reply and hit post, only to have it disappear on me entirely.  IT appears to happen when someone else posts at the same time, but I don't get the usual red warning about someone else posting.

Vekseid

Quote from: Cecilia on December 15, 2009, 12:53:08 AM
A few times now, I've used quick-reply and hit post, only to have it disappear on me entirely.  IT appears to happen when someone else posts at the same time, but I don't get the usual red warning about someone else posting.

...let me know if they magically reappear all of the 'sudden'.

I think, sadly, it's time that I stopped looking forward to SMF and just moved on : /

Cecilia

This happened again just now, and by chance I thought to hit the back arrow on my browser.  It actually appeared with the red warning "someone just posted".   A sort of strange bug?  If two people hit post at the same time one of the posts seems to completely disappear, but when you go back it reappears.  *poof*

kylie

I have been connecting with Firefox forever now with practically no problem at all.  Right now, I cannot log in with it at all.  It says,

"You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings."

This happens regardless of whether I start out with http or https.  I have confirmed I have the right password (thus I'm able to get in with IE8).  I'm on Win XP SP 3, same machine as all year.

Oniya

Seems to be a transitory issue.  I had that problem earlier where it said I wasn't logged in, or couldn't log in (similar setup).  The login button/password towards the top of the screen worked where the one in the center of the screen (associated with the error message) did not.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lilias

While I was logged out twice today (the second time even not accepting my saved password until I had retyped it), which is odd, considering the 'always' box was and remains ticked.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

kylie

Quote from: Oniya on December 21, 2009, 10:35:44 AM
Seems to be a transitory issue.  I had that problem earlier where it said I wasn't logged in, or couldn't log in (similar setup).  The login button/password towards the top of the screen worked where the one in the center of the screen (associated with the error message) did not.
Thanks for answering, but neither of those buttons is working for me at the moment.

Btw, I also checked the Firefox cookie setting.  It's accepting them until they expire.  I don't believe I've touched it in ages, either.  Haven't changed or installed anything dramatic that I can think of recently; I was on with Firefox not long ago. 

Torch

Quote from: Only Mostly Naughty on December 21, 2009, 10:38:48 AM
While I was logged out twice today (the second time even not accepting my saved password until I had retyped it), which is odd, considering the 'always' box was and remains ticked.

Ditto. Same thing happened to me this morning. More odd than annoying.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Beguile's Mistress

I had the same issues three times this morning, once when trying to preview a post, and twice when trying to open a thread.  It happened on two different computers and while trying to log back in on both computers I received a password error message for the stored password on the computer.  I hadn't changed the stored password.  It just wouldn't work.

kylie

Is it all happening when using Firefox, or does this happen with other browsers too?

Torch

Quote from: kylie on December 21, 2009, 10:48:29 AM
     Is it all happening when using Firefox, or does this happen with other browsers too?

Using Firefox here. 
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Beguile's Mistress

Lilias

So do I. But I'm tempted to load up Chrome as well, to see how that one reacts.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Vekseid

Quote from: Only Mostly Naughty on December 21, 2009, 10:38:48 AM

Those were my fault. Shouldn't happen again, really, but will see : /

Quote from: Beguiling Christmas Angel on December 21, 2009, 10:46:40 AM
I had the same issues three times this morning, once when trying to preview a post, and twice when trying to open a thread.  It happened on two different computers and while trying to log back in on both computers I received a password error message for the stored password on the computer.  I hadn't changed the stored password.  It just wouldn't work.

Stored passwords might not (the way logging in is setup by default, you don't even send your password with javascript enabled). If you're having issues, I would recommend clearing all elliquiy.com cookies from your browser, as well as any Elliquiy specific stored passwords, and any cache. You will need to restart your browser.

kylie

If you're having issues, I would recommend clearing all elliquiy.com cookies from your browser, as well as any Elliquiy specific stored passwords, and any cache. You will need to restart your browser.
Just tried that.  It doesn't seem to be resolving it at the moment.

Beguile's Mistress