Interest Check: Swashbuckling Space Opera! (VAN thru BON)

Started by MadPanda, November 13, 2009, 01:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

I'd like the name of the ship to be the Goshawk if no one objects.
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

sinera

Can I get in on this? I adored Flash Gordon - and golly, I haven't played spelljammer in YEARS..
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

iridum248

I'm certainly interested- In playing as the sexy Navigatrix girl. ^_^

MadPanda

When I think of a good title, this'll be going up...probably in Bon-E Small Games, for the moment.

Also, I'll compile the dial settings soonish, get the char-gen and cast thread set up, and then we can get going on the 'good' ship Goshawk.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

We'll also want to discuss the ship at some point, since it gets one Forte to represent itself and then one additional vehicular Forte per PC...

Which means this could be a particularly impressive pirate vessel by the time we're done, if a bit silly-looking.   :-)

In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

Should we post character concept stuff here for each other to laugh at see? :) Start tying histories in together and such ..
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

MadPanda

Feel free, since you gotta wait for me to think of a title.

Here's the official summary of dial settings!

Thumbnail: Flash Gordon meets Buck Rogers, as written by Rumiko Takahashi and directed by Ralph Bakshi.

Sapients: Aliens!  That means Elves, Dwarves, Hawk-men, Furries of all sorts...

Psionics: Yes

Travel: warp gates to hyperspace, ships are 'Spelljammer' style vessels.

Blasters: normal damage

PC Group Starship: One, with daughtercraft.

PC Group: a motley crew of pirates and rebels, struggling against Teh Ebbil Autocracy and the faceless minions thereof.

Any Givens?: Uniform Battle Bikini or Briefs.  Go watch an episode of Dirty Pair to see what I mean.

In Memory of Bishrook

DraconVentarii

Alright... I'm still having some trouble understanding the concepts, but here I go with my character-info. ^_^ Anything that I leave blank, I'll require help filling out. Plus, I'll add certain things, too.

Home Planet: Venrin
Fact 1: This world is larger than most other life-bearing planets, possessing a dense gravity field.
Fact 2: Much volcanic activity happens on it, giving the Ventarii plentiful amounts of thermals to ride.
Fact 3: The planet has two misshapen moons and a beautiful ring of space dust.

Character Name: Fellric Zhin
Species: Ventarii
Appearance: Gryphon-like.
Special Notes: Since this species dwells on a planet with high gravity, evolution gave them great strength to withstand it. When a Ventarii is in an environment with lesser gravity, it gains a bountiful amount of nimbleness, stamina and strength, though not to a truly superhuman extent.
Past: Fellric served in the fleet of the Ventarii Coalition when the Empire invaded his homeworld. The galactic empire enslaved the Ventarii, dissolved their unified government, and dispersed their various ships throughout the quadrant. Fellric and his family were fortunate enough to flee from the bloodshed, but something awoke within him at the loss of his world.
Motivation: To defeat the empire, thereby freeing Venrin and reuniting his people.
Forte: ???
Given Forte: ???
Foible: ???

:P Obviously, I can't quite grasp the ones I marked with question marks. Besides that, I'm quite prepared. I look forward to any assistance that can be given. ^^

MadPanda

EHHHHHHNNNT!

You didn't read the earlier parts of the thread!  ALL planets are named after elements.  That's one of the core 'facts' of the setting.

Please make a 4d6 roll and a 2d6 roll.

For the rest, you should probably read the rules for PDQ Sharp!  All those terms are explained therein.

In Memory of Bishrook

DraconVentarii

o.o!! Oh, alright. My humblest apologies! I'll be sure to read those rules right away!

By the way? Uhm... >.>; How do I roll the dice? I assume it has something to do with the "Dice Bot", but...I haven't the slightest clue how to use it. That is, if that's what I'm supposed to use...

I'm really sorry about the trouble, really. ^_^;; I'm new to all this.

MadPanda

Okay.  Click on the dice bot, right?  Set 'dice' to 4.  Set 'number of sides' to 6.  Press the 'roll the dice' button.  Copy and paste, or write down, or remember your result.  Alternately, you can send me the roll.  My UID is 76.

Repeat, after adjusting the number to roll down to 2.

That should give you a 4d6 roll and a 2d6 roll.

Your facts, by the way, look just fine.  If your character is not humanoid, though, you may have some trouble finding, er, recreational partners.  (But!  I'm not going to disallow it.  Even though you'll look pretty silly in Battle Briefs.)

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

Okay, first two game threads are up!  The title is...well, meh.  But we're in business.

Please move the conversations over there.

OOC and General Help
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=53120.0

Character Generation, Cast List, and Facts
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=53121.0

In Memory of Bishrook

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

Quote from: iridum248 on November 18, 2009, 05:54:04 AM
I'm certainly interested- In playing as the sexy Navigatrix girl. ^_^

"So we need to go to Helium. I know where it is but the exact way of getting there I'd like some advise on." said Maroon to Navigatrix girl.

Neat name! Nice concept!
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

MadPanda

Two characters submitted.  Waiting for everyone else.  C'mon, folks, I know you're out there!  (eyes Hairy)

In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

Too much stuff, too little me  :P

I'll try and get it sorted after work this evening. Might need a hand with the character generation, but at the least I can get the description written up.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

MadPanda

I can get started with four, so after Hairy all we need's just one.  ;D  I can probably handle up to six, but after that things get a bit too wild for a single GM.

In Memory of Bishrook

Muse

This concept, and this group?  I'm hooked!  May I play, please??? 

Carbon System, Planet 14
Fact 1: Inhabited by large and dramatic warm blooded creatures called 'dinosaurs', some scaled, others insulated by feathers.  The younger mammalian peoples must defend themselves not only from the massive predators, but also from the older and more organized civilization of Raptorans, who consider them good labor and pleasure slaves.   
Fact 2: Geothermal activity gives the world mineral riches to trade with off worlders, as well as many thermals for the larger fliers to use to rise when too heavily laden too do so without. 
Fact 3: The planet's large moon is very close to it's primary, leading to dramatic tidal forces. 

Character Name: Kiya-chirp
Species: Carbon 14 Cave Girl
Appearance: A particularly muscular and curvaceous, tall golden haired cave girl. 
Past:  Once the mate of a particularly strong and handsome cave man, he was killed by the raptornans and she taken as slave to them.  After being an amusement to the feathered lizards for a while, she slowly became nothing more than another domestic servant.  After a time, she was forgotten enough to slip away with some crates being shipped off planet.  She joined a crew by making herself useful cleaning up and--once she had the knack of it--cooking.  By the time she had the language down, she was psychologically prepared to be her perky self again.  She tends to revert to her original self by working animal noises into her speech, particularly bird chirps, and dreams of a hadrosaur or quetzocoatalus companion from her home world. 
Motivation:
Forte:  Cave Girl (+2)
Forte:  Talks to Animals/Dinosaurs (+2)
Forte:  Domestic Skills (+1)
Given Forte: (Good) Battle Bikini/Briefs (+2)
Foible:  Primative
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Phaia

Hey there panda, the first and only true panda here. [yes I remember you telling me that]

Anyway this sounds like it could be fun, I am interested and getting the pdf to look over...

I have an idea for a character, race and planet.

Phaia

edited: I seem to keep getting an error trying to download the pdf.

MadPanda

A dinosaur in a bikini?  That's...that's too silly NOT to allow!

Phaia, PM sent.

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

MadPanda

New blood needed!
Possible reboot in the works...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=53121.0

In Memory of Bishrook