Crimson Fortune - Recruiting Thread

Started by Esoteric Myobi, October 29, 2009, 11:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinera

Something had been nagging at me, and I suddenly realized what it was: in Feudal Japan a woman was to cleave only unto her husband. To have had a lover would have meant certain death, if not by her own hand, then by her husband's.

Of course, this is Alternate Reality, so we can do as we please :D
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Esoteric Myobi

Hahaz, yes that's very very true. But I figured if a Lord were to have a Mistress it's only fair for the Lady to  have a Lover. =)

Also, it would still not be looked upon lightly soo...just a bit more drama to add into the plot for something interesting to read hm? ^^

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

sinera

I was just thinking, if we can't get anyone to officially fill those positions, perhaps other characters could double up? Toichi would love to be involved with the human Lady... and perhaps with her AND her handmaiden :D  He's a randy soul.
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Esoteric Myobi

Well...I kind of mentioned it throughout the thread already but you must have missed it ^^;

I said that once the rest of the interested players who I'm waiting on to post up their initial characters have done so I'm allowing people to either 1- choose another role to play but it has to be in the same house of course since you'll just be giving your current character another position to play or 2- make another character altogether but it has to be a different position and house.

On another note, since the three houses have so much tension between each other the idea was to keep relations within each house. =x Thus Toichi, being a Mixed probably would not come in much contact with the Humans besides the other higher ups during meetings.

Of course this really depends on how many threads I'm willing to make for people to be able to meet at. Though there have been a few PMs asking me about certain storylines that I have tentatively approved, either way a profile thread and an OOC thread has been made so this discussion can take place there. ^^;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

NotoriusBEN

OK, here is my gaijin character. He's a bit of a mercenary and a pirate, but what do you expect of a sailor and foreigner? If it just doesn't fit, go ahead and PM me, Ill make the changes if you want them

Name:  Bannin Racchaem (Rack - eem)
Race:  Human
Household: Human
Position: Captain / Naval Captain of the "Fire Star"
Weapons/Abilities:
Bannin Racchaem carries a black power pistol, one of the advanced technological items from "the Barbarian Lands". Its single shot and requires a lot of time to reload. But no one can deny its power.

He commissioned a katana to be forged for him after a prior skirmish with a samurai shattered his saber. He is tested in combat and swordsmanship, but learning a new blade will take time.

Being a sailor and gaijin, Bannin shows a unique, daring, and unorthodox method of command. Never committing completely to an engagement, but dashing into enemy lines, hitting hard, and retreating, before harrying his opponent again.

Orientation: Straight.  He is not married, but he is known to slum around town on occasion. Many women, are enchanted by an accomplished warrior, and if he is a foreigner, that just adds to the mystique.

Appearance: He is of average height in his lands, but slightly taller than the people of this place, but he is wiry and tough from years at sea. His clothes are distinctly foreign, but have been cut and threaded to mimic some Oriental customs.

Personality: Bannin Racchaem is a brash and loud personality among the refined and restrained customs of the Orient.  He is daring, audacious and cunning, perfect traits of an ill reputed pirate. He is aware that gaijin are not allowed ranks of high esteem, but with a war on the horizon… just maybe…

Biography: Bannin Racchaem is the only son of a merchant marine. Following in the family trade, he joined up as well, and made a meager living. During many voyages, his ships came under attack from pirates and he learned to fight in the crucible of life or death conflict. On a long voyage for silk, a typhoon carried and smashed his ship beneath the waves. Washing up on the shore of the strange Orient, he has since become a mercenary captain of a Japanese ship, with odd and distinctly gaijin modifications for speed and maneuverability.

NotoriusBEN

Ok, the boat and sea voyaging abilities are gone. I wish I could have an edit button, but Im still a NING for the time being. THIS IS MY SUBMISSION.
Name:  Bannin Racchaem (Rack - eem)
Household: Human
Position: Captain of the Guard
Weapons/Abilities:
Bannin Racchaem carries a black power pistol, one of the advanced technological items from "the Barbarian Lands". Its single shot and requires a lot of time to reload. But no one can deny its power.

He comissioned a katana to be forged for him after a prior skirmish with a samurai shattered his saber. He is tested in combat and swordsmanship, but learning a new blade will take time.

Being a sailor and gaijin, Bannin shows a unique, darring, and unorthodox fighting style. Never committing completely to an engagement, but dashing and lungeing into the enemy’s defense, hitting hard, and retreating, before harrying his opponent again.

Orientation: Straight.  He is not married, but he is known to slum around town on occasion. Many women, are enchanted by an accomplished warrior, and if he is a foreigner, that just adds to the mystique.

Appearance: He is of average height in his lands, but slightly taller than the people of this place, but he is wiry and tough from years at sea. His clothes are distinctly foreign, but have been cut and threaded to mimic some Oriental customs.

Personality: Bannin Raccheam is a brash and loud personality among the refined and restrained customs of the Orient.  He is daring, audacious and cunning, perfect traits of an ill reputed pirate. He is aware that gaijin are not allowed ranks of high esteem, but with a war on the horizon… just maybe…

Biography: Bannin Racchaem is the only son of a merchant marine. Following in the family trade, he joined up as well, and made a meager living. During many voyages, his ships came under attack from pirates and he learned to fight in the crucible of life or death conflict. On a long voyage for silk, a typhoon carried and smashed his ship beneath the waves. Washing up on the shore of the strange Orient, peniless and with no way of returning home, he found the House of Humans and has risen through the ranks to become the new Captain of the Guard.

Gami

Name: Liao, Yun Shu
Orientation: Straight
Household: Humans
Position: Captain of the Guards

Weapons/Abilities: Yun carries a Jian (a traditional Chinese double-edged sword) at almost all times. He also owns a fine long bow. As part of his training, Yun is proficient at unarmed combat. His strengths lie in his great stamina and running speed, and the many ways he can take down an opponent with nonlethal methods.

Appearance: Yun has a well built warrior's physique, and black hair that stops right at his neck. He's about 5"8 tall, has a somewhat darker skin tone, and has light brown eyes. He usually dresses in blue and black - all strictly traditional, of course.

His normal "duty uniform" is a pair of dark blue trousers and tunic with black leather armor worn on top with matching leather gauntlets and boots, and a white sleeveless robe worn over.

His battle armor (which he rarely uses) resembles any Chinese warrior's full armor attire, with a black/brown color theme. and with emphasis on light weight - in other words, few needless decorations and useless ornamental protective gear.

Personality: Yun adjusts most of his life according to his duty; he's quite loyal, honest (to those he thinks earned it) and dutiful. He's gentle but very strict. He's a bit quick to anger, and is offended a tad too easily. He rarely speaks about his personal matters to other people, leaving such thoughts behind for his own reasons. His recent promotion as the Captain of the Guard has also put him under a lot of pressure, so his patient nature has somewhat suffered from this.

He doesn't think beyond his duty, as he feels that everyone have their place and their role to fill; and that thinking about other things will only lead to instability and distrust. His loyalty lies first and foremost with the Lord and Lady. Because of his duties, he rarely drinks alcohol and dislikes that his men drink (though he does nothing to actively prevent it). He has also paid far less attention to women than he likes, and his relatively lonely life has left him almost indifferent to the whole affair.

Biography: Yun is the son of Liao Zhan, a middle ranking military officer. He and his older sister Meifen grew up under somewhat dysfunctional circumstances, which ended with Meifen's early death when he was only fourteen. It was then that his warrior career took off, as he was sent away by his father. He adapted quickly, but shunned the art of fighting, instead focusing on what he felt was easiest and most efficient. The only exception to this is his skills with the bow and arrow, a practice he finds relaxing.

His upbringing and his relationship with his sister has turned his mind from the hatred towards the Myths. Rather than fighting to being them down, he simply encourages the rise of his own household, choosing to work for prosperity of the Humans instead. It was these ideas that drove him towards the Guard, a goal he reached when he was twenty years old. Three years later, the passing of his father left him alone with the inheritance of a house he could not support - he had it sold and moved to a smaller house where he currently lives. With his father's death also came his and Meifen's possessions to belong to Yun. He had most of his newly given belongings sold, though he kept a few articles, including an empty diary from his father, and a collection of poems from his sister. He has recently begun to write poetry as well, as a way of remembering Meifen. A month ago, he was promoted as Captain of the Guards when the former captain retired.

He is still fresh as a Captain, but has already learned many new things. He began writing in his diary after the promotion, and is now working on plans to reform the Guard. He also plans to regain his old family's house.

sinera

Due to time considerations I am going to have to resign from this thread.

Sorry.

Esoteric Myobi

NotoriusBen, uhm. It looks like we're going to have to tweak your profile quite a bit ^^; We'll go over it through PMs.

Gami, accepted. Glad to see you on board. =)

Sinera, so sorry to have to see you go. =(

Looks like the Mixed Head position is now open...=/

All those who have been accepted please move your profile to the profile thread. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: jayline on November 04, 2009, 11:04:34 AM
I wikipedia'd them, and the Xiezhi draws its form more from predatory creatures while the Qilin takes after hoofed grazers: deer, horses, even bulls.

As for the sixth sense, I can edit that if anyone wants me too. I took it from a note on Wikipedia about how they are prone to attack sinners, and figured they must have a way of telling. Looks like the lie-detecting bit is strictly Xiezhi, so that can be scrapped for redundancy/inaccuracy.

What do you think, sinera? Myobi?

Edit: Here's more on the Qilin from a different site. Looks like they have similar abilities. Xiezhi's kind of like its more-prone to ass-kicking twin. The offer still stands though; I think it would be awesome if the lord and advisor had to rely on each other's related abilities to get a good idea of what's going on in other peoples' heads.

Well, since sinera has resigned your profile is fine. =P Just put it up on the profile thread =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Iris Moon

Iris Moon

Name: Mika Iguchi

Household (Human/Mixed/Myth): Human

Position: Hand-maid of the Humans

Weapons/Abilities:

No abilities, but characteristics:

Loyal - Always loyal to her Lady, and never leaves her side
Hard-working - Always does everything her lady asks of her.
Patient - Always listens to her Lady, especially when she is angry because of husband.
Obedient - Does everything she is ordered to do...

Orientation : Bisexual

Appearance:

Personality: Is a very quiet girl when in public and very well-behaved and obedient. But when alone with the Lady she opens up and speaks her mind, she is spontaneous and passionate. And does everything she can to please the Lady.She is incredibly skilful in many aspects, but she keeps these to herself as she likes to surprise people. She always defends her Lady.

Biography: Was born in a poor family and her parents died a few years ago, so she began working for the Lord and Lady of Humans. She was always fed and treated well so she remained. Plus she has her counterpart- the adviser with her.

Hope that's OK

~Iris~

Esoteric Myobi

Welcome aboard Iris. ^^

Hmm your profile looks pretty good, just keep in mind that usually to get to the handmaiden positions you need to be trained for it. So while the Lord and Lady or whoever could have picked you up off the streets you would still have to go through a few years of training before actually getting the spot.

Other than that, approved and be sure to post your profile in the profile thread! =) Thanks~

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lord Drake

I can see that the lord of the mixed is still vacant... if you are ok, I am interested in that role.

^^
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Lord Drake

Name: Tai Lung So
Race: Human/oni breed
Household: Mixed
Position: Lord of the Mixed

Weapons: Steel barbed whip, katana, twin sai.

Abilities: Tai Lung is a master of Equilibrium and Balance. He is fluid and always self-centered so much that is extremely difficult to catch him by surprise and make him fall. He can fight and stand in almost any position and his most dreaded technique with his barbed whip is executed with him standing in perfect equilibrium of one of his feet's tiptoes.

He masters the flood of the Ki and can use it as a weapon and he has a good control and immunity to fire due to his Fire Oni's heritage. He is also extremely resistent to pain.

Orientation: Straight.

Appearance: Dark and human-looking on his right side, he is oni-like on the left side of his body although he can look fully-human if needed..

Personality: Extremely self-balanced also in his soul, he believes in equal rights for everyone. He is normally extremely self controlled and rational and always the mediator.. at times, his twin natures take hold of him, though and he is prone to flows of the warmest gentlenes as well as to fits of murderous rage. He is extremely loyal to his household and he will work for its better good first and foremost. He takes his duty as lord really seriously and does not admit lack of dedication in himself first, and in his underlings next. He strives to be a just and equanimous ruler, avoiding the too good and too bad sides of his soul to sway him from the right path.

Biography: Tai Lung has been the offspring of a rape perpetuated by a fire oni on a female human on a nearby village. The monstrous child born out of that union was given to a travelling human monk with which Tai Lung grew up and stayed until his death. The monk tutored him in the way of the Balance and made him understand how to bridle up his duplicitous nature.. since the boy was prone to fit of terrible, murderous violence when his Oni eritage took the upper hand. With time, Tai Lung reached nearly-utter mastery of his twin nature and after the death of his tutor, he set upon seeing the world by himself... he learned about the houses and was welcomed in the Mixed household, of hich he soon took the position of Lord given his great power and, more than that, the fact that he was the living example of the balance that that house was seeking.

Hope it is ok.

^^
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Esoteric Myobi

Hurray, I was thinking that I might have to recruit someone for the Lord of the Mixed position. ^^;

Your character seems very interesting, just keep in mind that your half and half appearance will most likely be his 'true' appearance since I would like everyone to stay in their 'human' appearance most of the time. All characters are only allowed to stay in their 'true' appearance for short periods of time and only occasionally.

Other than that, accepted. Please place your profile in the profile thread and drop by the OOC thread if you'd like =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

xiin

love me?

xiin

Name: Xue Fei
Apparent Age: Appears 20
Actual Age: Unknown
Race: Peng/Kun Mix
Household (Human/Mixed/Myth): Mixed
Position: Captain of the Guard for the Mixed
Orientation: Bisexual

Weapons:

- Zen, Zhun & Zong; A set of slender throwing knives that are always on her person. Zen is only used to disable, Zhun never misses, and Zong is coated with a deadly poison.
- Tong Ai / Ai Si; The names translate directly to 'painful love' and 'loving death'. Xue uses two of these - one for each hand. This is her close combat weapon of choice.

- Martial Arts Ability: Xue is a master at various forms of Neijia, particularly Wudangquan.
- Weapon Ability: While the weapons listed above are on her at all times, Xue is more than proficient with other, more conventional weapons such as the staff, katana, and even the broadsword. For ranged weapons, she is able to use the longbow and crossbow along with the throwing knives.

Abilities:

- Levitation & Flight; Being half-bird, Xue has the ability to move herself in air. This gives her the means to attack from above as well as on the ground, and gives her additional maneuverability.
- Wind; Xue has the ability to manipulate air, able to create small gusts of wind while in her Human form, and larger windstorms in her Mythical form. This also assists in her long-range attacks - she can use the winds to ensure the accuracy of her throwing knives.
- Water Scrying & Communicaton; Water carries sound much, much better than air. Using any body of pure water, Xue can use it to listen in on conversations held near other bodies of pure water (ponds, pitchers of water, wash basins, etc.) within a limited range. When in Mythical form, this ability also extends to being able to send messages rather than simply receiving. Because of the spying nature of this skill, only the Lord and Lady of the House are aware of this ability.

Appearance:
- Human Form
- True Form: Xue's true form is a hybrid mix of fish, bird, and human. She has feathered wings on her back, multi-hued in shades varying from pale jade green to deep midnight purple, and her hair becomes a curtain of fine feathers that match the coloring on her wings. Patches of scales appear on her body, and though her overall shape remains humanoid, webbing appears between her fingers and toes, and delicate fins appear on her forearms and calves.
Following the ability of her Mythical parent, who was able to turn fully from fish to bird, Xue is able to suppress either side of her manifestation, thus allowing her to sprout only the wings, or only the scales & fins.

Personality: Deadly, Efficient, Competitive, Perceptive, Controlled.
One does not get to be a woman in a position of power without being unquestionably the best. Over the years, in order to get to the position she was now in as the Captain of the Guard, Xue learned to be quick and ruthless, focusing on the job and only the job. Even so, her control hides a passionate nature and swift temper, which surface but rarely, but make her even more formidable when it does. It is her competitiveness that got her to the position, but somewhere in the process, the true Xue's personality got lost. Occasionally, when she believes nobody is there to watch, one can see a hint of vulnerability and loneliness in her eyes.

Biography: In Chinese mythology, the Peng and Kun are different forms of the same creature.
    There lived a kind of giant mysterious fish in the northern sea. These fish are called Kun. Nobody knows how big these fish actually are. They can turn into giant birds. When they are in bird form, they are known as Peng. Nobody knows how big these birds actually are. When they fly, their wings are like the colorful clouds in the sky. When there is a storm in the northern sea, the Peng will fly to the southern sea. They travel three thousand li (Chinese miles) in one flap of their wings. They can fly for six months without rest.

Xue was the result of a brief dalliance between Hua Fei Yu a female Peng/Kun, and Takaro Li, a high ranking commander in the Human army. They had never planned for a child to appear out of the union, and when Fei Yu informed Takaro of her pregnancy, the commander had been less than pleased. Grudgingly, however, he had offered to support the child financially, as long as Fei Yu agreed to do the actual raising.

The Peng/Kun raised Xue with a cold hand, providing food and shelter and education, but not love. Until her fifth year, when her powers finally manifested, and Fei Yu realized that her daughter, for all that she was her own flesh and blood, was not able to transform fully into her Mythological form. Quicker than the blink of an eye, Xue found herself deposited upon her father's doorstep, and without a backwards glance, her mother disowned her.

Takaro had thrown a fit upon realizing that his daughter, whom he had thought far, far away, and no longer any of his business, was shivering in his doorway, but he had seen the worth of having a half-breed child at his disposal. Under his supervision, Xue was given the best possible combat training and education.... until the man's untimely death during one of skirmishes between the Myths and the Humans.

Left to fend for herself, Xue eventually made it to the House of the Mixed, where she applied for a position in the army's assassination squad. Once there, it quickly became apparent that her level of skill far surpassed those around her, and she quickly made her way up the ranks, finally reaching her current position.
love me?

Esoteric Myobi

Welcome aboard Xiin, you're approved.

Please post your character profile on the Profile Thread, the link can be accessed in the intro post of this recruitment thread. After that feel free to pop in the OOC Thread or browse the Three House Threads that have recently been put up. At the moment the game has not yet begun so please don't post in any of the House Threads.

Thanks =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Unfortunately we have lost a key player (Lord of the Human House) =( and am now looking for a replacement. If anyone is interested in taking this spot please send me a PM =)

On the other hand, the spot of Mistress for the Myth Lord is still open for the taking as well ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~