Crimson Fortune - Recruiting Thread

Started by Esoteric Myobi, October 29, 2009, 11:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

The profile thread is now up! This is to make it simpler for people to browse through while searching for certain player's character information. =)

Those of you who would just like to chat, the OOC thread is ready to be used!

Well, here is a game that I'm hoping people will take interest in. I had tried to play this out on a previous forum only to find that it was not going the way I had hoped for or even expected. ^^; Hopefully, due to the larger population on E, this will be able to garner more interest here as well as play out a bit more successfully.

As for categories...I really just ticked off nearly everything (excluding EX and NA) since it can all happen somewhere down the line ^^; I won't be limiting anyone from their sexual desires as long as it is incorporated into the story in a way that doesn't disturb the main storyline. Notice that I kept everything to 'human/near-human', this will most likely explain itself as you read on.

Now then...

----------------History/Storyline------------------

Looking back in time, humans had always served under the mythological creatures. They possessed more power and more intellect, however as time went on some of these mythological creatures found themselves curious to experience the human lifestyle. Disguising themselves as humans they mingled and a few even found themselves falling in love. Unfortunately, the humans did not take kindly to these mythological creatures intruding upon their lives. They drove them away, sometimes even resorting to violence. As a result, wars waged between the two though more often than not, the humans suffered greatly compared to the few mythological creatures they were able to take down.

Over the centuries, the two came to an agreement and the mythological creatures became deities. Eventually as peace resumed, many forgot about their 'deities' and in a rage they soon made their presences known once again. War would have inevitably started once again if it were not for those of mixed descent stepping in. During the years of peace, many children carrying the blood of both a human and a mythological creature were born. Due to their mixed heritage they were able to speak for both sides, and an unsteady truce between the three were made.

Now, three noble houses have been established consisting the humans, mythological creatures, and those of mixed descent. While each house holds equal power, many times the mixed house is the one who has the final say when making decisions. This is due to the fact that the humans and the myths are still openly opposed to each other, while the mixed try their best to maintain the peace and choose what they feel will be best for the society.

During one of the monthly meetings, representatives from all three houses had gathered as usual to voice their opinions on the latest issues. Arguing and insults are not uncommon, however the human representative stepped out of line and insulted the Head of the mythological house. The myths, being very prideful and honorable creatures, were highly insulted, even more so that the insult had not been directed at the representative himself but his Lord. In a rage, the myth representative killed the human representative, knowing fully well that execution awaited him. The relationship between the three houses, which had always been shaky, was now full of tension, a taut string that would snap with another tug.

------------Background of Houses----------------

Human: I'm sure we all know how to play humans best. Greedy for power, jealous creatures who feel that they should be top dog. You get the idea. Although of course, not all the humans are this way. Basically, the human household feels as if they're being looked down upon by the other two houses due to the humans being the only ones without any special abilities. Rumors have it that the humans are tired of feeling oppressed by the other two houses and are striving for change...

Mixed:
These are the ones who are able to speak for both humans and mythological creatures. They're able to see both sides of the situation and both sides of an argument making them the best judges. As such, they're categorized as peace keepers, since that's literally what they do. Due to this, many times the Mixed household has the final say in decisions, causing them to have the most 'power' out of the three. Rumors have it that the mixed household is afraid that the myth household will one day overtake them from their position...

Myth: The most powerful out of the three houses when it comes to strength. They are extremely prideful and honorable creatures. While some can say that they are vain even, at the same time they are extremely understanding due to their age. There are not too many 'young' myths, due to the fact that the mythological creatures tend to reproduce very rarely, and usually always amongst themselves. Lately the only 'new' myths would have to be those in the mixed household.

---------------Positions------------------

At the moment, I have not decided on what positions should be filled besides the obvious few. If you have a certain role that you'd like your character to play and find that it's not listed here feel free to PM me and ask about it.

My only request is that the Head of the Myth household play a dragon (Preferably the Celestial dragon [TianLong - Chinese] since it is regarded as the top of the myth food chain) and for the Wife of the Myth House to play a phoenix (Due to the fact that the phoenix is the symbol representing women in general, fertility and whatnot. The phoenix is also usually paired with the dragon.) Whoever decides that they would like to take on either role, please PM me so that I may give you a bit more background information if needed.

This section will be updated as the spots are filled so please check back from time to time to see which spots are filled and which are still open. I will fill in the positions after I have approved your character. Unfortunately, if someone has posted for a position first and I approve them then those who applied for the same position afterwards will have to try for another. Likewise, if you were the first to apply for a position but I found that your profile needed some changes before approval, then there is the chance that someone who posted afterwards for the same position but with a character description that I've approved will get the spot instead. Hope that everyone will be understanding and if any problems or issues arise feel free to PM me. ^^

Explanation and Clarification of Positions:

Remember, we're trying to keep it somewhat traditional to the times in the past, so yes women are slightly oppressed (moreso the women with status who are always in the public eye). But they get to pull plenty of strings in the background (er..bedroom..). With the added conflict of lovers and mistresses I'm hoping that there will be plenty of drama as well as of course the actual political power struggle going on.

There are also various positions that are generally taken by males but I don't mind if they are played by female characters. If so, just keep in mind that as a female you'll have to work a bit harder to prove yourself and keep your position. =) I'm sure we'll be able to show the men just how tough we are, eh ladies? ^^

• Lords- Rulers of each house, they are the top dog and make all final decisions. Being the leaders of their respective houses, they are adored and revered by their people. Incidentally they are also the most powerful and feared of their kind.
  • Ladies- Wives of the Lords, they take care of household affairs as well as tend to their husband's needs. All problems that occur within the house are handled by them, only on the rare occasion do they approach their husbands with issues. Ironically, this gives them quite a bit of power even in their somewhat oppressed status. Except for the Phoenix, and I will explain to whoever decides to play her. (Though I admit that the Phoenix is a position I quite like, so I may very well play her myself if no one takes it.)
  • Advisers- Generally a position that is favored by males, they literally just advise Lords with suggestions and insight as to what decisions are available and what they feel would be the best move to take. All critical information goes through the adviser before it is sifted through and concentrated to report to the Lord. Besides the Lady of the house, the adviser is the only one who can speak on the Lord's behalf.
  • Handmaidens- The female counterpart of the Adviser, handmaidens cater exclusively to their Lady's needs and help to take care of household affairs. Many times the handmaiden tends to become the Lady's closest confident and friend. All handmaidens undergo a training for two to three years where they are taught the ropes of the house, how to run it smoothly, how to act like a proper lady is expected to, and also how to defend themselves or their lady. At the end of the training only one is chosen and the rest are assigned into a special squad where they act their part during the day by doing their share of work, but many times during the night they are sent out on tasks that only their skills can complete.
  • Mistress/Lover- There will only be ONE official position for each. Meaning that whoever chooses this position will be openly known to all as the Lord/Lady's mistress/lover. Although people with this position will be acknowledged as what they are, many will look down on them distastefully but will still give them the respect required for one who keeps the company of the Lord/Lady. Of course, if someone else besides the mistress/lover happens to catch the eye of the Lord/Lady, then these 'secondary' mistress/lovers will be known as secret affairs instead of gaining an official position. Beware, Mistresses will have conflicts with the Ladies of the Houses, likewise Lovers will not be kindly received by Lords.
  • Captains- In charge of all military aspects of the house. This would include certain special squads, such as assassination groups and whatnot.
  • Co-Captain/Commanders- Preferably one of each, though I will allow for there to be more than one if asked. This will only occur if all positions are currently filled.
  • Servants/Vassals- Most likely, these spots will just be NPC'd later on by everyone. Servants tend to play very low profile roles regardless but if you specifically ask to play as one then I'm not going to say no either.
  • Captain of the Guard- This position would hold the same ranking as the Captain of the Military. Unlike the Captain of the Military who overlooks all of the House's armies, the Captain of the Guard only has a very small squadron of his own. Those in the Guard are highly skilled soldiers and their only goal is to ensure the safety of the House, specifically the Lord and Lady. (Think internal defense?)

Secondary roles are now open for the taking. Please PM me your character proposal and I will post it up for you if approved. If you are asking for your current character to take on a second role then please PM me as well and after you have been approved you can edit your character profile to include it. Thanks!

Positions                                                                                            Players

Head (Lord) of the Myths--------------------------------------Tyranister - Tian Feng   
Lord of the Mixed----------------------------------------------Lord Drake - Tai Lung So
Lord of the Humans--------------------------------------------

Wife (Lady) of the Myths---------------------------------------Esoteric Myobi - Faye   
Lady of Mixed--------------------------------------------------Krysia - Karasu   
Lady of Humans------------------------------------------------LilyPetalLips - Ayame

Adviser of the Myths-------------------------------------------Krysia - Tia Xia
Adviser of the Mixed--------------------------------------------Jayline - Xiang
Adviser of the Humans------------------------------------------Esoteric Myobi - Hideko Ohkawa

Lady-in-Waiting (Handmaid) of the Myths------------------------Kunoichi - Cashmere
Handmaid of the Mixed------------------------------------------Cassiopeia - Kyla
Handmaid of the Humans----------------------------------------Iris Moon - Mika Iguchi

Mistress (to the Lord) of the Myths------------------------------   
Mistress of the Mixed-------------------------------------------LilyPetalLips - Jade    
Mistress of the Humans-----------------------------------------Cassiopeia - Jaia Akemi   

Lover (to the Lady) of the Myths--------------------------------Jayline - Sohan   
Lover of the Mixed----------------------------------------------Tao Tsu - Tendo Senou   
Lover of the Humans--------------------------------------------Kunoichi - Yuuki

Captain of the Myths Military------------------------------------Dark Deception - Bear
Captain of the Mixed Military------------------------------------Bradten - Demogag
Captain of the Humans Military----------------------------------Remiel - Xeng Xaifang

Co-Captain/Commander of the Myths----------------------------Sydonai - Awang
Co-Captain/Commander of the Mixed----------------------------Tao Tsu - Tendo Senou
Co-Captain/Commander of the Humans--------------------------NightFall - Jiang Lin Yao

Captain of the Guard for the Myths------------------------------(Reserved)
Captain of the Guard for the Mixed------------------------------Xiin - Xue Fei
Captain of the Guard for the Humans----------------------------Gami - Liao, Yun Shu

Reserved Status- These are profiles that had already been submitted ahead of time and approved, unfortunately the players have been too busy with life to post up on the thread and since the positions have not yet been taken I've decided to just reserve it for these players. Hope this is understandable and there won't be too many issues about it. Of course, if there is I'm available through PMs to discuss this.

---------------------Character Profiles-------------------------

Please keep in mind that I would like to keep this Asian themed, so for those of you choosing to be a Myth or a Mixed remember to choose from the appropriate mythologies. I will consider taking in mythological creatures from other regions but please PM me about it first and we can discuss how to work it into the story.

All characters will have a human appearance (thus the reason why this game was not considered 'exotic'), the only times that mythological creatures are able to change to their true appearance are for short intervals only. Also, while it's true that mythological creatures (mixed or not) have certain abilities, it is much weaker while they're in human form. This keeps power if not equal but at a manageable level between the houses =)

For those of you who may be having difficulty finding a mythological creature that suits your fancy, here are two links (provided by Krysia) that are extremely helpful. Japanese Oriented or Chinese Oriented. You may stumble upon a few that are very similar to the other but that's fine. Most likely they have similar tales as well but due to the different cultures they go by different names. =) Have fun~!

Name:
Age (if applicable):
Race (if not human, specify which Mythological creature you are)
Household (Human/Mixed/Myth):
Position:
Weapons/Abilities: (We will be playing a free-form game, there is no particular system to be followed so things such as turns and stats do not need to be applied. Just keep in mind that since we are playing without any particular rules, abilities cannot be overpowered and try to limit yourself reasonably. Such as if a powerful attack was just executed you cannot possibly do the same a second later, and so on and so forth. If people end up dying in battle please work it out over PMs first so that the scene will be epic. ;D Let's try to keep the number of abilities limited to five. As for actual weapons, no more than three that are carried around regularly and one or two more than are usually stored away. [Also, meaning that five is the max.] Hope this keeps things fair for everyone.)
Orientation:
Appearance: (True Form, if applicable) (Human form) Don't feel pressured into having to find a picture, if you want to just type out a description that is more than welcome if not preferred. ;D
Personality:
Biography: (Please mention a brief history or background of your mythological creature [if applicable], or a simple link will do as well)

Now for the waiting game~

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kunoichi

Hmmm, now this certainly looks interesting...  You can count me in. ^^

*thinks she'll probably be a member of the Myth house*

Esoteric Myobi

Hurray~! Which reminds me that I should probably make a pretty list of each house and it's members later on ^^;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Cassiopeia

Oooo yes, I'm in! ^_^  I'm liking this whole Mistress/Lover thing ya got going.  Question - could you be both one of the listed roles AND a mistress (or lover as the case may be)?  For instance could Co-Commander also be one of the Head Wives' lovers?

Esoteric Myobi

Ooh~! Interesting question. Something I hadn't even considered.

Well I think that the answer would really just depend on how many people actually join. If all of the spots are filled then probably not, keeping one role is simpler especially since I'm hoping everyone will be interacting with another and relationships will be bound to blossom. Though if this only receives a small group of people then I don't mind characters taking on more than one role. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Haruki

Never done one of these group gigs, but as they say..."you got to start somewhere."

I have a character that would work just fine into this setting.  He's a full-fledged human, and the type that is sort of a ruler...highest-up position.

Just saying I'm interested.  Let's see who else comes on board.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

sinera

I might be interested in playing one of the mixed-race... probably a guy, since it looks like that's where the power is.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Gami

I could be interested in this... I have a few questions, but I'll PM you about them when I get back from work... =)

NightFall

It says Asian Theme!  ^-^

*throws her hat in*

If this happens, I'll play a girl...perhaps a mistress, and maybe mixed, but that's not set in stone yet.

Esoteric Myobi

Hurray~! Welcome to all the new people who are now on board =) Thanks for voicing your interest!

Yes, the Mixed House is a tad more 'powerful'. They're basically tie-breakers/peacekeepers so essentially they tend to have the final say in things. On the other hand it also makes them a target from the other two unhappy houses.

I'm hoping that each house will be able to have around the same number of people to keep things even =x Or at least, the same number of roles filled. Like I said before, if there's just not enough people then I don't mind if one character plays two roles, or even if some people decide that they'd like to play more than one character. =) Of course, please PM me about this before you decide ^^;

I do have an actual plot in mind that I'm hoping to see play out =) This is something I'll probably PM to the key players so that they can move it in the right direction~ But I'd rather not tell all the players so players won't feel obliged to have to stick to a script. (Though the script will be interpreted differently by those who are given it and I encourage the addition of twists and turns, always keeps things interesting!)

Any questions feel free to ask either on this thread or through PM. ^^ I'll glady answer them~!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Remiel

Perhaps we should keep a running tally of who wants to play which house, so we can see if the numbers are more or less equal?  :D

I'd like to play either a house head, or a military commander.  I don't particularly care which house I end up in, I'm easy like that. Whichever has the fewest members, I suppose.

Cassiopeia

I'm planning on doing a mixed, since I already have my character made, but if it comes down to it and the numbers are too askew I can make a different one.  Also I don't mind dual roles if it's necessary.

Oni Kirin

Before I say yes or no, I should ask: what kinds of creatures are allowed to be played? Must they be in oriental theme, or any creature that you can come up with is accepted?

Esoteric Myobi

I had been planning to make a list of each house and their players later on when we had established more people in the group. But since you guys are already voicing your interest in that aspect then we may as well start now.

Please post up your character sheets and I'll organize a list once I review and approve of each person's characters. If anyone needs help finding a mythological creature to play, or want to know if it's acceptable, feel free to PM me and I'll be sure to lend you a hand. =)

Also, if you plan on dualing let me know beforehand. The same goes for those of you who wish for their characters to have more than one role.

With that said...-looks forward to seeing everyone's characters-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on October 29, 2009, 11:39:04 PM
Please keep in mind that I would like to keep this Asian themed, so for those of you choosing to be a Myth or a Mixed remember to choose from the appropriate mythologies. I will consider taking in mythological creatures from other regions but please PM me about it first and we can discuss how to work it into the story.

All characters will have a human appearance (thus the reason why this game was not considered 'exotic'), the only times that mythological creatures are able to change to their true appearance are for short intervals only. Also, while it's true that mythological creatures (mixed or not) have certain abilities, it is much weaker while they're in human form. This keeps power if not equal but at a manageable level between the houses =)

To Oni Kirin, I hope this answers your question ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Name: Cashmere ('Cash' for short)
Race: Nekomata ('forked-tailed cat')
Household: Myth
Position: Lady-in-Waiting to the Wife of the House
Weapons/Abilities: Cash has the ability to conjure ghostly fire, change her shape, attack people in their dreams, eat things significantly larger than her without difficulty, eat poison without risk, fly, and even displays enough necromantic talent to resurrect the dead. Not that this gives her much direct combat ability. In a straight-up fight, she can do little more than run.
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance: Cash's Human Form
Her true form is simply a large, silver-furred cat with a forked tail.
Personality: Cash is, for lack of a better word, 'catty'. That is to say, she's 'Subtly cruel or malicious; spiteful', and holds a grudge like nobody's business. She has a voracious appetite, and particularly likes the taste of fugu fish.
Biography: The mythological being known as Cashmere originally came into life as nothing more than a common, ordinary housecat. Her owners never cut her tail short, however, and so when she lived significantly longer than other cats, reaching the ripe old age of 13, she underwent a startling transformation. Her tail forked in two, she grew in size and gained the ability to walk on two legs, and she was thus reborn as a fearsome creature known as a Nekomata. She joined the household of mythological beings sometime after her owners were driven to insanity by mysterious and disturbing dreams.

Hmm.  I'm hoping this works, but at the same time, I can't help but feel I need a more fitting name for my character...

Esoteric Myobi

Ah!

-smacks self-

I forgot something important in the character profile. Just updated it by adding the position option so that we all know who's filling which spot. ^^; Sorry about that! ><!

Kuno could you please update your character description? =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Certainly, although that's something I need to decide on, as well...

Esoteric Myobi

Well take your time~ Especially since we have plenty of it. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Krysia

Esoteric Myobi

We have plenty of room and am still recruiting! ^^ And probably will be for a while too =x

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

*has updated Cash's profile with a chosen position*

Though a recent entrant into the House of Myth, I'd imagine that Cash ended up specifically gunning for the position of Lady-in-Waiting because it's the closest job she could find to her old days as some family's pet... ^^;

Dark Deception

Captain Bear
Nickname: Captain Bear
Race: Onikuma
Orientation: Straight
Position: Captain of the Myths Military
Appearance: Captain Bear is well-recognized by his size. The captain stands around seven-feet and four-inches, and he is a thick, wall of muscle evenly toned from his neck down. He sports a mantle with bronze, bear-head shoulder guards and a red, flowing cape that stops about his ankles. He is always shirtless for the man is a walking tank. Upon his pectorals are two black, bear, paw prints, and about his waist is a red cotton sash with a bronze coin belt. His pants are of a tougher form of cotton and sink into bronze greaves and boots. Upon his head is a trademark headdress of a white mane with black, devil horns. It is often called, "The Warlord's Headdress," or, "The Devil's Headdress." Without his headdress, his hair is dark brown and cut short. Around his neck, he has a necklace of fangs and going down his arms are black, tribal tattoos that resemble fire.

Weapons

Twin Battle Axes
Long Bow

Abilities

Strength - The captain, if he wanted, can rip a man or mixed being in half with his bare hands. Because he is often a slow force of nature, he uses his strength to shake the earth, lift grand objects, and pummel his victims.

Toughness - The captain's skin is thick, much like the fur of a bear. It can resist most sharp objects, blunt objects, and projectiles.

Hibernation/Sleep - The captain around the winter season is very tired for it is within his nature to be so. He may be found sleeping more frequently, and his co-captains would have more responsibility during this season. When the captain sleeps, he recovers any injuries he may have no matter how serious, and awakes the next day a healthy man.

Shape shift - The captain often shapeshifts for brief moments or when he's sleeping, he can sometimes appear as a bear rather than a human, but only briefly. In addition to his weapons, the captain has his teeth and claws that he can increase in length or have grow from his fingernails to slash his foes. Battle Transformation Duration: 3 turns.
Cool Down Duration: 3 turns.

War Cry - He's loud and boisterous for a reason, though his war cry is even louder. The captain's scream can petrify weaker foes, leaving them frozen and white as a ghost for it saps the courage out of the bravest of warriors. Ability Consequence - Voice Loss - Duration: 3 turns.

Personality: Because the captain is actually a bear god, he does what a bear does best: eat and sleep. His appetite could clean out the kitchens and storage rooms of a public restaurant. Because he's such a big man, the energy he spends has to be replaced somehow. The captain holds a lot of pride in himself and his army, and he is often loud and obnoxious when riled up. He doesn't take shit from anyone, and is known to be intimidating in nature to the men around him (every man but the Myth Head), but when it comes to females he is quite the teddy bear.

Biography: "Survival of the Fittest," is what they say about the wild, and such was how the captain came to be. He was but an ordinary bear in the woods, doing what all bears do until his kind began to disappear. Poachers looking to make a pretty penny began to kill off his kind until he grew to fear humans and had become nervous, dreading that he might have been the last of his kin. Fish began to disappear from the streams because of the fishermen, and other animals began to flee further into the wild as the humans continued to expand onto their lands and drive them away.  One night, when the glow of flames and a strange noise caught his ears, he secretly wandered onto the grounds of a traveling circus; and in one of the bamboo cages, he saw a creature of his species, sleeping upon his side. He asked the bear if he wanted to be free, and with scared and desensitized panic, the bear refused and told him how the humans would whip, stab, and leave him to starve. Bear tried to reason that there was food in the forest, and he wouldn't have to fear such things, but his kin had forgotten how to hunt and live, having grown used to his life as a captive. Angered, Bear went on a rampage, destroying the circus and killing the performers until the guard arrived to kill him. The gods feeling sorry for Bear restored him in the form of a man so that he could escape the humans before his body could be mutilated and sold. Since then, Bear had been living as a human and eventually created a band of rebels to resist the human government. When Bear's name and war stories spread far and wide, he was invited to join the House of Myth as a captain. Arrogantly, he refused, feeling that he was far too strong for tea-sipping royals. It was when the ruler of the Myth House personally sought him out and challenged him to a battle, that Bear tasted defeat once again and his ego stunted by the Myth Head's power. Feeling that the ruler of the house was truly a lord worth serving, Bear surrendered his allegiance to the Myth House and took the rank of Captain.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Esoteric Myobi

Alright everyone, sorry for the long delay! I was having a little trouble playing with the table coding before I gave up and kicked it old school...

Anyway! Please give the first post another look over, if there is anything that needs clarification feel free to PM me with questions.

I will be updating the Position category of the first post with player names so be sure to check it before writing up your character description to check for which positions are currently open.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

sinera

I would like a little more clarification on the "mixed." What form do they take, or can they switch from form to form? I was thinking perhaps having human form, but the slightly lessened powers of a myth, or the form of a myth without the powers?

I *really* want to play head of the mixed house, but want to  make sure I have it straight in my head first. :)
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Krysia

Name: Tai Xia
Apparent Age: 19 years old
Race: Byakko (Japanese) or Xī Fāng Bái Hǔ (Chinese)
Position: Adviser of the Myths

Weapons/Abilities:
Serpents Sword – One handed Long sword always carried in human form.
Dual Iron Fan – Folded and carried in human form.
The Dragons Tail – Carried on her hip in human form, also known in the western world as the bull whip.
Jiulong Baguazhang weapon styles include: Double Edge Sword (Used with Serpent Sword), Bagua Iron Fan (Used with Iron Fans).
Human abilities: Teleportation, Extra Strength, Cat Reflexes, Primal Intuition
Natural Form abilities: (Same as Human), Withering Rake: Claw attack causes aging on victim by +10 years, Scent of the Enemy: Can track anything as long as the scent is there to go by, Light: Aura of light surrounds Tai’s tiger form and can be activated on command, Skin of Steel: Reduces damage taken by 10.
Most powerful in the autumn months.
Human Skills: Playing the Lute and bamboo flute. As well as excellent scribing abilities and near perfect calligraphy skills.

Appearance
: True Form & Human Form

Personality: Cold and calculating most of the times, but at the same time is extremely curious about learning the human world around her. Comes off as strange, weird, and mysterious, but will always give advice to her lord and lady. Can be found lots of times sitting on the western side of the castles playing one of her 2 instruments.

Biography: “During the Han Dynasty, people believed the tiger to be the king of all beasts. Legend had it that when a tiger reached 500 years old, its tail would turn white. In this way, the white tiger became a kind of mythological creature. It was said that the white tiger would only appear when the emperor ruled with absolute virtue, or if there was peace throughout the world. Because the color white of the Chinese five elements also represents the west, the white tiger thus became a mythological guardian of the west.” (Wikipedia entry on the White Tiger of the West)

Tai Xia is the first born child to the house of Byakko. Her father was the reigning Byakko of her kind. For the last 500 years until her tail had gone completely white she had learned the ways of her family. Recently allowed to wander into the Human realms and learn from them as well with out their knowing. Tai has taken her place as chief advisor to the current Lord and Lady of the Myths.

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: sinera on November 02, 2009, 01:22:25 AM
I would like a little more clarification on the "mixed." What form do they take, or can they switch from form to form? I was thinking perhaps having human form, but the slightly lessened powers of a myth, or the form of a myth without the powers?

I *really* want to play head of the mixed house, but want to  make sure I have it straight in my head first. :)

Sorry for the late reply Sinera. I tend to respond to PMs faster. ^^;

Anyway. The mixed are generally more humanoid and tend to stay in human form nearly all the time. They don't feel the need to have to revert to their 'true' forms, being comfortable walking around as a human.

Of course, from time to time they can change to their 'true' forms, which would be whatever mythological creature they come from. Compared to the Myths they pale in comparison.

Since they're half human they don't possess the 100% power that the Myths do. So technically, I guess the answer is that they'll be walking around in human form (keep in mind that whenever in human form your powers are lessened than they are in 'true' form) and are generally weaker than the Myths.

Hope this answers your questions. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

sinera

Esoteric Myobi

Krysia, your character is accepted. The only thing I want to point out is your abilities. Just wanted to say that we're not playing any system based game, but a free form. So I don't think we'll be needing abilities to contain stats such as those. ^^; Everyone will hopefully be able to cooperate well enough that when a fighting scene does occur they'll be able to play it out nicely =) And yes, people may end up dying in battle ;o

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Krysia

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on November 02, 2009, 01:39:38 AM
Krysia, your character is accepted. The only thing I want to point out is your abilities. Just wanted to say that we're not playing any system based game, but a free form. So I don't think we'll be needing abilities to contain stats such as those. ^^; Everyone will hopefully be able to cooperate well enough that when a fighting scene does occur they'll be able to play it out nicely =) And yes, people may end up dying in battle ;o

Wasn't sure how anything was handled so I just put those in for logistics. :) I'd say the aging thing was ok gives you a general idea of what the claw does and I can just say that the Skin of Steel reduces damage.

Esoteric Myobi

I have tweaked the first post slightly once again.

Dark Deception, I'm liking how your character profile is looking so clean and organized now. =)

If anyone knows anyone else who would be interested in playing feel free to invite them as we are still recruiting ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

Name:Kyla Talise

25, looks about 18 (clearly young for an immortal)

Race:
half human, half mermaid

Household:
Mixed

Position:
Handmaiden

Weapons:
katars

Abilities:
Due to her half-mermaid heritage Kyla is extremely formidable in battle.  She is more agile and flexible than a human, her strength is also increased.  When in battle, or sometimes when angered, her pure aquamarine eyes will turn to black, her nails will extend to sharp claw and her teeth will become longer, sharper and pointed.  She is also able to see clearly in the dark and under the water, even when not in her true form.

Orientation: Straight for the most part

Appearance: About 5'7 in human form, her body has a fluidity about it.  Kyla's skin is fair ivory but has an iridescent shimmer to it in the light.  Her eyes are like glittering aquamarine jewels, with no blacks/pupils.
                     mermaid form pic 1
                     mermaid form pic 2
                     (for human form just add legs ^_^)
                     eyes (her eyes are exactly like the picture except she has no visible pupil)

Personality:
Kyla is a bit rebellious and impulsive, being that she's still a young mermaid. She chafes a slightly under the male hierarchy due to the fact that mermaids are by nature matriarchal and use males mostly as food and breeding stock. She has an independent spirit but a kind heart and does her best to keep her predatory instincts and blood lusts in check. Her mind is calculating during battle and she relies much on her killer instinct when the situation calls for it.

Biography:
Kyla's mother was a legendarily beautiful and blood thirsty mermaid. One night she had a poor soul in her clutches, a young man. But suddenly out of the shadows another young man came forth, brave and caring. He offered his life as sacrifice to the mermaid to save his friend. So surprised by this gesture she did in fact let her victim go free. She did not take the the brave young man's life but asked him to return the next night, and then the night after that. Soon the heartless mermaid realized that she had fallen in love, not only that but the fascinating man had fallen in love with her as well. When the moon was full she used it's power to come onto land and marry the man. Not very long after she gave birth to Kyla. But mermaids by nature are heartless creatures and the more time the mermaid spent in the cold waters of the ocean the colder her soul became. Once it was clear that Kyla could maintain her legs on the land at will, due to her half human heritage, her mother left her in the care of her father. She swam off and was never seen again. Kyla was only two at the time.

For the most part her father kept her away from the water, fearing that one day she, like her mother, would grow cold and leave him. Being without the water though made her sad and, at times, resentful of the father who loved her so dearly. Growing up she was willful and independent, much like her mermaid half. She disliked taking orders from anyone especially her father, a male. When she was 16 he died do to his own shortcomings, she felt. Kyla soon discovered that without his shielding her she was not accepted very well in human society.

Eventually a representative of the Mixed House came across her, struggling to live on the streets of a human town where people both feared and hated her. They took her in and, in spite of her willful and rebellious nature, enrolled her as a candidate for a position as lady in waiting. There were a few instances where she was nearly removed from the program due to her "bad attitude" but the Lady of the Mixed House didn't wish to see the girl turned out on the street so she asked that Kyla be allowed to stay. Knowing that for once SOMEONE had confidence in her Kyla began to straighten up and fought harder against her natural tendencies. She excelled, especially in fighting and assassination training, and eventually rose to top the of her class, earning the coveted position as the Head Wife's lady in waiting.

Insight

Name: Demogag
Race: Half Dragon (Shenlong, the rain dragon), Half Human
Household: Mixed
Position: Mixed Captain
Weapons/Abilities: The mixed race is a race that knows, out of necessity, how to fight. While he tends to carry two large knives in addition to a katana on his back, he will change that as necessary. If it’s pointy or moves really fast, chances are he can hurt someone with it.
Orientation: Straight.
Appearance: (True Form):As a dragon, there was no question to outsiders as to why he became their military leader. His large scaly body and tail (Over fifteen feet in length) tend  to be complimented by solid steel armor coating his entire form.

(Human form): As a human, he just isn’t that big a guy. Coming in at a solid five foot ten, he is the epitome of the hardened marine. Solid abs and pecs with cropped brown hair. His face is perpetually terse, never quite forgetting battles from ages ago.

Personality: Demogag is a pragmatist. Whatever it takes to get the job done –that is, avoiding a full scale war between the humans and the myths- is what he’ll do. While he is honorable to a fault, don’t put it past him to play dirty if that’s what it takes to win. Demogag is a leader, pure and simple.

Biography: Demogag doesn’t talk about his past. Just over one hundred years ago, he showed up at the doorstep of the house he currently resides in. Wordlessly, they examined him and let him in. They knew he was the child of a male dragon and a human female. He told them nothing, they asked for nothing more. Since then, he has distinguished himself time and time again in battle, elevating him to his current position.
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

Esoteric Myobi

Cassi, accepted.

Bradten, I'm sorry but we're a bit more in the feudal era, or even 'ancient' times of Asia so your assault rifle will have to go.

Also, I'm not sure if the Homeless Dragon was made up so that it fits with your character's background story but I'd prefer if you chose one of the dragons listed on the two sites that are linked in the first post. There are a variety of different kinds that you can choose from, all except the Celestial Dragon. =) After you've chosen one it shouldn't be too hard to integrate that into your current profile.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

sinera

Character resigned.

Esoteric Myobi

Sinera, accepted. Only thing that would need a bit of a change is that yes, Wives are usually arranged marriages, but Mistresses tend to have been chosen personally. Though of course, that doesn't mean you have to have any sort of special attachment to her =) She just caught your fancy and is nice to have around =P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

NotoriusBEN

I would be interested in playing.

I'll have a character built up tomorrow, work was brutal today. I notice that you have Japanese/Chinese characters as the mainstay, but I am curious about gaijin characters being allowed. I'd think it would be a given that they would be pretty low on the totem pole for Rankings. (Like, he may be LUCKY to be a captain, and that's as high as he will ever get.)

If you do not want gaijin, no big. Just thought I'd ask.

Esoteric Myobi

Well, first of all, thanks for taking interest!

Secondly, I think I mentioned somewhere in my intro post that I would consider allowing mythological creatures from other regions (that is assuming that you were asking about mythological creatures). You would just have to tell me beforehand what you had in mind and we can talk it over.

However, if you meant a human foreigner, then that would be something quite interesting. As long as you have a story that will be able to back up your character and the reason why they're here, etc, then I don't mind at all.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

sinera

If I'm correct in what I've been told, a gaijin is a light-skinned foreigner, a kokojin is a dark-skinned foreigner, yes?

Kunoichi

sinera

Esoteric Myobi

Lolx, well whichever skin color he chooses...still a foreigner in the end. =)

-Is liking the twists and turns that could entail-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Tsunami

Name:  Tendo Senou
Race: Mixed (child of seiryu  and a human)
Household : Mixed
Position: Commander of the Mixed
Weapons/Abilities:
Water Control: The potent ability to control small amounts of water around him. Increasing the water or decreasing it in a given space, as well as freezing it and thawing it
Healing:  The ability to heal minor wounds with a touch or major wounds with much more effort.( when combining healing and water control truly fantastic miracles can happen )

Superhuman grace: Gifted with the power and grace of his dragon father, he moves with untold balance, flexibility and grace.
Complete Mastery of Heaven Blade Style: Mastery of a combative style of martial arts that uses the sword.
Blade of the Dragon: Sword given to him by his father, said to be unbreakable

Appearance: (Human)  Senou stands out not by his average size, but by his innocent face. Even though harden by battle he carries a gentle smile upon his face at all times.  His joyful face is attractive and almost infectious as those around him can’t help but smile in return.   His hair is normally always kept in what could be perceived as a bun at the top of his head with a jade spike going through it . He often wears lose clothing of various shades of blue which makes it hard to determined his body size other then height . (Transformed ) His Size increases  to just about 6’6, his flawless skin takes on a baby blue tint  and small reflective scales start to develop along his flesh (mainly around the temples neck and shoulders.). As his hair lengthens  and turns a bluish color .

Personality: Fun loving and free, thought to have never taken any situation  seriously even the most dire of situations.  Most people who know him respect him for his ability to be able to handle any situation even though he doesn’t take it seriously.

Background:  Senou was a rare child, born completely into the world of humans to widow. The origins of his father was lost to him,  but he grew  none the less shunned by the humans around him.  The young child was highly gifted in various ways, excelling in everything he tried  which only seemed to exile him more .  By his 10 year of life he found himself changing displaying unique skills no one could have imagined, and it was then his father showed himself and explained everything to him and took him from his mortal life and showed him how to use his fathers and soon saw his son leave to grant his power to the Mixed household

To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

Esoteric Myobi

TaoTsu, accepted. Just wanted to point out that in the appearance section of your profile you used the name Junpei instead of Senou. ^^;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Krysia

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on November 03, 2009, 10:21:14 AM
TaoTsu, accepted. Just wanted to point out that in the appearance section of your profile you used the name Junpei instead of Senou. ^^;

He does that from time to time. :) He probably had several ideas going at once and forgot to fix it. I'll smack him when I see him on MSN!

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

LilyPetalLips

Name: Ayame

Household: Human

Position: Lady of the House

Weapons/Abilities: As a human, she has no magical abilities, so I'm just going to list her personal strengths.

• Haggling - Lady Ayame is a shrewd bargainer.
  • Poetry - She is a poet of moderate skill -- nothing legendary, but enough that her writings are held in a regard not solely due to her position.
  • Sais - She is dangerous with her sais, a skill that her father, former Captain of the Humans, taught her since he did not want her to be entirely defenseless.

Orientation:  If asked, straight; however, she and her handmaiden have an almost sexually close relationship...

Appearance: http://heise.deviantart.com/art/maple-girl-19475986

Personality:  In public, Ayame maintains a very cool, almost detached facade.  She is kind to those of a lesser station in the way that one is kind to a pet, has eyes only for her Lord, and stands staunchly against any compromise with the Myth, creatures she despises.  In private, however, Ayame is passionate and outspoken, sometimes so emotional that she is prone to express it physically -- whether through pacing up and down stairs, striking someone, or making love.  She has no problem with the Lord having a physical relationship with his Mistress, since it gives her more time with her Lover, but she believes that those relationships are ones that should be acknowledged in private only.  Hence, she is infuriated if the Mistress appears in public, if the Lord mentions the Mistress to her, and especially if someone else says anything about the Mistress (so basically, Ayame considers the Mistress to be a person of no worth and importance who should never, ever be a part of Ayame's life).  She holds some bitterness and jealousy over being unable to perform magic or shapeshift.

Biography: Ayame is the daughter of the former Captain of the Humans.  She grew up privileged and in noble company, and it came as no surprise when she married the Lord of the Humans.  The human representative killed at the meeting was her cousin (hot-headedness runs in their family) and hence she is privately urging her husband to launch a full-scale war on the House of Myth.

My thoughts: I left age blank, since I assume her age will be somewhat related to that of the Lord?  Ideally I'd like her to be no younger than her mid-20s.  Also, I didn't give her a surname and I'll let the Lord choose that, as I'm kind of completely clueless when it comes to Asian cultures and so if the player of the Lord wants to make their surname something symbolic, I'm totally fine with that.

Esoteric Myobi

LilyPetalLips, accepted. Perfect I might add.

You seem to have completely grasped the idea I had in mind for the Humans. =) Looking forward to see Ayame in action.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

jayline

This is my first post outside of introductions and the doormat, so bear in mind I am super-green

Name: Xiang
Race: Qilin
Position: Advisor to Mixed

Weapons/Abilities:

Weapon: unarmed

6th Sense: He can sense good and evil in others. However, he cannot read minds. For instance if a man were a murderer, he could sense the guilt/evil intentions, but would have no knowledge of his actual crimes.

Berserk: Xiang is susceptible to extreme shifts in emotion when in proximity to someone extremely evil. It is the reason he has been moved from the judicial court to the royal one. During these rages, he often partially reverts to his Qilin form, growing patches of scales and a horn.

Extreme Luck: Xiang is extremely lucky, to the extent that misfortune and injury seldom fall on him. For example, there have been seven assassination attempts made on him since his rise to advisor. All have backfired.

Aura of Benevolence: Has healing touch, such to the extent that even insects he step on are revived uncrushed. It works only on those who are good, but despite this, Xiang cannot use it on himself.

Celestial Fire: When enraged, his body is consumed by flames that burn evil.

Combat Ability: He has been in dangerous situations before, times when he has either succumbed to rage or been attacked by assassins. However, he has no real combat training, nor exceptional strength, and relies on rage, celestial fire, and luck to pull through alive.

Appearance:

Qilin Appearance: Here (fixed, I hope)

Human Appearance:Xiang is a short slender man, hardly over 5'4" and weighing maybe 120 pounds. His attire is simple compared to those of his court contemporaries, a  silk long coat such as this along with a silk shirt, shoes and pants. The patterns of the fabric are often ornate and colorful.

Personality: Xiang wants to see improvement in the world and for there to be peace between the warring families, and he wants to make it happen by the most peaceable methods possible. He's prone to honesty, and has a very weak grasp of subterfuge. He knows his weaknesses well, and when someone extremely evil enters court he often excuses himself so as to resit the urge to strike. In public he strives to maintain a stoic appearance, despite conflicting urges based on the guilty feelings of those around him. He feels some connection to his head of house whose perceptive powers are related to his. He devotes his free time to meditation, gardening, and watercolor, and is a vegetarian due to his aversion to (innocent) bloodshed.

Biography: Xiang was recognized early on for his abilities to quickly get to the root of crimes, a talent inherited from his Qilin lineage. He was quickly appointed to a high rank in the Mixed kingdom's judicial court and was successful in solving numerous cases which had lain in deadlock for decades. However, he soon became a liability in the courtroom when the other side of his nature came to light. During trials he would often visibly lose his composure, becoming angry with the guilty parties. It reached its peak during the trial of a major crime-lord. Xiang leapt from his seat and attacked the accused, bursting into flames that injured five men, killing the crime-lord.

After this he was removed from court and investigated. It was then that the royal family learned of his hidden abilities and took an interest in including him in royal court to oversee meetings with local lords and foreign diplomats. After a long period of training in self-restraint he was made the lords top advisor. His abilities are a closely guarded secret known only to his head of house.

That's my idea. He's more a walking lie detector than a crafty advisor, but I could see him ending up the Lord's right hand man in court due to his usefulness.

Edit: Just read up on the head of the house. I figure given the head's similar ability, Xiang would be more often used as an ambassador. Changed his age since the head of house is a similar beast and would age at the same rate. Got rid of lie-detection.

Esoteric Myobi

Welcome to Elliquiy then Jayline.

For a first post it's not bad. =) In fact, you are accepted. ^^

Ah, by the way, your QiLin appearance link isn't working correctly.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Sydonai

Thanks to Kunoichi for inviting me over ;D so after much researching I've come up with the mythological character I would like to roleplay, from my own home country.

Name: Awang

Race: Hantu Raya(The Great Ghost/ Lord of Ghosts)

Household: Myths

Position: Co-Captain/Commander of the Myths

Weapons/ Abillities: Awang wields two weapon, one of it being the conventional sharp claw which he could grew it up to 20 inches long and retracts it at any moment and another one, a hidden weapon in which he could summon during dire times, a black kris, old and traditional weapon used by soldiers and warriors of ancient Malay and Indonesian Kingdom
weapon appearance: http://kecekapan.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/keris_dapur_nogo_sosro.jpg

Awang has a set of abilities quite common to most ghosts with additional strength, being the most powerful of them all:-

Incorporeal: Awang could at anytime uses this ability to make his entire body goes incorporeal, thus meaning he could pass through solid unenchanted walls without too much difficulty and the same goes to cold, hard physical weapon. However, Awang is most vulnerable and can easily be repelled with magical weapons and enchantments.

Flying: Without such an ability one cannot call themselves ghost, Awang can easily flew over the night's sky for as long as he wills it to. This make for his primary way of transportation.

Blink: The element of surprise and suspense should and must always be a ghosts main weapon against their prey, with this ability, Awang is able to teleport in between rooms in a building easily, or just as a fun way to scare his prey off their pants. In battle however, this skill could prove to be fatal to his opponents since he could easily for all intents and purposes outmaneuver his enemies, however if his enemy were to carry with them an enchantment or even a weapon with small amount of magical properties, it could easily disrupt Awang's blinking ability.

Posession: possessing a human is another form of powers for a great ghost like Awang, by doing so he'll be able to easily slip in to human society and even infiltrate as one of them, however during this time Awang will be completely vulnerable in human body and can be killed so he would have to take a great risk when possessing someone. However, he can only be exorcised from the victim's body by a powerful enchantment or a powerful shaman. A trait that could give him away while he is possessing someone else is that when the person is easily agitated and has a great temper to match it, easily angered upon. Aside from that, this power would usually take so much out of him, that he could only do so once a month, during full moon when his power is at its greatest.

Appearance: In a mortal form, Awang appears as an ordinary human in his 20's on the front, standing at 5'7 black short hair with a few silver strands lining up at the front and the back of his hair. His red ruby eyes betrays the notion that he was at all a human, that alone could easily give him away immediately. Awang has a well toned body, neither too muscled nor too lithe and light. yellowish skin tone, normal for any southeastern descents. In normal occasion, he would usually wear a full set of black colored traditional Malay worn clothes from head to toes. However, in his demonic form, Awang is truly a terrifying sight to behold. Standing at 7 ft tall, his face will darkens, his hair will grow long and unkempt and his red eyes will glow, he would even grow a full set of fangs in his mouth from his normal teeth during his mortal form and he would also be draped in gray worn-out robe.
Clothes Pic: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c4/BajuMelayu.JPG/200px-BajuMelayu.JPG

Biography:-
Hantu Raya originates in Malaysia and is said to be the master of all ghosts (hantu). It is the leader of the underworld legion and those who make alliance with it, are considered powerful. Hantu Raya is the acronym for Hantu or Ghost and Raya, large, huge, supreme, enormous, great, as in "Malaysia Raya" and "Asia Raya" and Hari Raya (Great Celebration or Festival).

In modern Islamic Malay culture, the belief in Hantu Raya is no longer valid, but rather it is identified with a demon, Satan and the Djinn (Genie). Muslims believe that djinns and demons are more powerful than man but less intelligent.

In ancient times, the Malay spirituality was a mix of animism, Hinduism and Buddhism. Spirit worship was not uncommon and these beliefs persisted in rural areas until the latter half of the 20th century. In the case of Hantu Raya, the owner is said to have formed a pact with demon or inherited it from older generations in the form known as Saka or legacy which is handed on down the generations. In return for the advantages and power, the owner agrees to provide for the ghost and appoints a new owner for it before dying.[1]

According to legend, people who fail to untie their bond with the hantu will suffer especially during death. Hantu Raya will resemble the look of its owner ever after death and go roaming. People seeing him will assume that the deceased has been brought back to life. It will search for food and new owner at night and goes around haunting people. Another legend goes that the dying soul will face difficulty in dying and becomes a living corpse or zombie.

Awang came from a house of a very powerful and politically influenced ghosts in the underworld legions. Summoned during the era of the Malaccan Sultanate, near its end in Portuguese hands, he was summoned to aid the Sultan's army and even though he did his part in killing as many of the invaders as he could, he was incapable of saving the sultanate. His master, the one who had summoned him, was killed in the initial battle, left without master and without any of his master's descendants to serve, he should've lost his anchor to the material world, instead, he was so powerful that he decided to sacrifice half of his power as an anchor to the material plane. As such Awang may not be as powerful as he once was but still a force to be reckoned with. Not wanting to be shunned by the greater societies of the 3 household, Awang decided to use his previous master's appearance as his current looks discounting the silver strands of hair and the red ruby eyes of course.

well thats all from me, I hope it met your requirements :D

Esoteric Myobi

Hehe, I knew I could count on Kuno to bring in an interesting player. ;)

With that said, Sydonai, your character is accepted. =) I had actually been wondering when someone would choose to play an undead or a ghost. Since I had originally imagined the Myth Household to be almost like a haunted house at night ^^ Although it would be a normality for all those who reside there, mostly just lesser beings who would be viewed as pests lurking around here and there.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

jayline

Should some of us start figuring out what relationships our characters have based on the setting? For instance should the lord's character and mine be familiar and friendly with each other?

Esoteric Myobi

I think we're better off doing that later on when most of the positions have been filled. Or at least when all interested parties have applied.

Of course, there are some positions where some of the relationships are already set and players can twist and turn it however they like from there.

In the end, it'll be determined by the players really so you can settle it through PMs or through the OOC thread which I will be putting up when all characters are down. Most likely I'll be making a Profile Thread as well so that it's easier to see everyone's character descriptions without browsing through all our commentary.

I'm being very flexible for things such as this since I encourage players to introduce their own twists, though of course if they feel that it might disrupt the main storyline somehow then please PM me ahead of time. ^^;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Tsunami

well that sounds like a plan *yawns* so all we need to is wait and plot.. the plotting is very fun so *goes and does that *
To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

Haruki

Edit:  Bowed out of the game.  The Head of Humans House is hereby released to another potential player.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Esoteric Myobi

For now, your character biography looks good. Though I think you and LilyPetalLips might be adding a few things here and there to both your profiles.

Either way, I will be getting to certain people with PMs with the details of the plot that I had in mind when all the necessary players have gathered.

Haruki, accepted.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Remiel

Name:  Xeng Xaifang
Race:  Human
Position: General / Commander of the Human military
Weapons/Abilities:
Xeng Xaifang carries a katana, Lu Bei, and a wakizashi, Cao Cao. Both have been in his family for 23 generations, passed down from father to eldest son.

He is an accomplished swordsman, and a shrewd tactician.  Knowing full well that he is no match for his Mythological counterparts in direct combat, he is not above using bribery, extortion, trickery, ambush and surprise tactics in order to capitalize on his opponents' weaknesses.  He controls a well-disciplined spy network, and it is rumoured he has sold part of his soul to dark spirits in order to cast demonic magics.

Orientation: Straight.  He is not married, but his relationship with his mistress/ co-commander is well-known.

Appearance: Largely unremarkable, he rarely appears without his armor.

Personality: Xeng Xaifang is cold, calculating, and ruthless in battle.  Long ago, his ancestors ruled the human kingdom; although the glory days of the Xeng empire are long past, there are rumours that he has his eye on the Human throne...

Biography: Xaifang was the oldest son of a daimyo, or warlord.  Publicly, he has sworn allegiance to the Emperor; privately, he keeps his own counsel.  Fortunately for the Emperor, Xaifang's hatred of the mythologicals surpasses his own ambitions, and he has sworn vengeance upon their House for the (in his eyes) unwarranted murder of their ambassador.

Esoteric Myobi

So glad to see you on board Remiel =) Seems like your character will be bringing his own little bits and pieces of conflict into the story ^^

Accepted

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

sinera

An observation that the QiLin and the XieZhi are both "Chinese Dragons," making the Mixed HoH, Ketsuo Toichi,  and Adviser, Xiang, pretty much the same creature.

Just wanting to make that clear before the RP started :)

Esoteric Myobi

Technically they're both Chinese Unicorns, similar but they also have their own subtle differences that keep them apart.

Though the QiLin doesn't actually have the power to tell truth from lies...I'm guessing his 'Sixth Sense' was more a sort of empathy towards others? While the XieZhi can truly tell between a truth and a lie and easily pick it out as well.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

NightFall

Let me just put this out there since I haven't finished my character yet - she'll definitely be Xeng Xaifang's (Remiel's character's) mistress and co/commander. ;D

Esoteric Myobi

Alright, well hopefully no one takes the spot then ^^;

Like I said in the intro post if someone else applies and is accepted then it's only fair =x Though I don't think it should be a problem anyway =P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

NightFall

Name: Jiang Lin Yao
Race: Human
Position: Mistress/Co-commander to Xeng Xaifang

Weapons: Katana, Sai, Throwing Daggers, Fans, Weighted Ribbon/Rope

Abilities: A gifted dancer and swordswoman, Lin Yao's background as a trained courtesan taught her charm and diplomacy as well as a specialized style of martial arts that was a secret of White Lotus House. A fluid and graceful style, the props of a dancer easily become weapons in her elegant hands. Each flick of a fan or a weighted ribbon can be as deadly as the thrust of a sword.

A chameleon. She is able to disguise herself well and slip unnoticed in crowds.

Fluid, a dexterity of movement and excellent balance.

Orientation: Straight, mistress of Xeng Xaifang

Appearance: Known for her beauty and grace. Slim, tall, lithe.

Personality: Usually level-headed. Her knack for getting close to people and charming them with her wit and grace makes her useful for gathering information. Normally soft spoken, she does turn into a fierce tigress once provoked and is quite capable of taking someone down despite her slight build. She tends to forget that she is merely a mistress and tends to take exception to people that treat her according to her position.

Biography: Born to a poor family, she was sold into the White Lotus House at the age of eight where Madam Shu Fang saw her true potential as a proper female companion. Though Lin Yao failed at ever singing beyond a passable level and was absolutely useless with a musical instrument, dancing was her gift. Her carriage and posture carried throughout her movement. Her ability to jump and fling herself effortlessly in the air prompted the Madam of the House to teach her the ancient art of the White Lotus Courtesans. Sharp witted, she easily charmed men brought into the pleasure house simply with sparkling conversation and easy smiles. Men would pay surprising amounts for the simple pleasure of her company for tea. As the mistress of a powerful military commander, she is entirely devoted to his cause and aids him in any way possible.

Krysia

Esoteric Myobi

Nightfall, your profile looks good. Accepted.

Krysia, I made it so that three weapons could be carried on hand all the time. Two other weapons are also allowed but those two would be sitting around somewhere else and would need to be retrieved for use.

I actually put the limit of five due to you having five weapons in your profile ^^; and I hadn't realized until then that I had forgotten to put a cap on weapons and abilities.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Krysia

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on November 04, 2009, 07:55:41 AM
Krysia, I made it so that three weapons could be carried on hand all the time. Two other weapons are also allowed but those two would be sitting around somewhere else and would need to be retrieved for use.

I actually put the limit of five due to you having five weapons in your profile ^^; and I hadn't realized until then that I had forgotten to put a cap on weapons and abilities.

Umm I only have 3 weapons... I have martial arts styles to 'go' with the weapons. Gotta know how to use them don't you? It's obvious you got the styles confused 'with' the weapons so here is a break down of what I have again.

Weapons (With Pictures of what they are):
Serpents Sword – One handed Long sword always carried in human form.
Dual Iron Fan – Folded and carried in human form.
The Dragons Tail – Carried on her hip in human form, also known in the western world as the bull whip.

Weapon Styles
Jiulong Baguazhang weapon styles include: Double Edge Sword (Used with Serpent Sword), Bagua Iron Fan (Used with Iron Fans).

A bit clearer now?

Esoteric Myobi

Ah, I see. Sorry for the mistake. =x

Either way, I think that three weapons carried on hand while another two are left for special occasions should still be fair.

Hope no one has any problems with that. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

LilyPetalLips

I am getting really excited about this.  I'm with you, Myobi, on being surprised that no one has taken the Mistress/Lover positions yet at all.  Also, I need a handmaiden!  And the whole captain of the personal guard thing?  Those are awesome positions.

Esoteric Myobi

So am I! This is actually turning out a lot better than I had even dared to hope! ^^;

Well, I did point this out a few times but I'm not entirely sure if everyone totally understood so I'll be saying it again!

After all interested parties have posted up their character profiles I'll be posting my own up. After that's done anyone who is interested in either playing more than one role, but with the same character, (For example, an adviser who is also the mistress.) is more than welcome to apply!

Likewise, anyone who would like to dual role and play two separate characters (though in different houses and positions) then you are also invited to do so.

I'm hoping that this will get the rest of the positions filled up and lead to a whole lot more variety as well as plot twists. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

jayline

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on November 03, 2009, 11:10:50 PM
Technically they're both Chinese Unicorns, similar but they also have their own subtle differences that keep them apart.

Though the QiLin doesn't actually have the power to tell truth from lies...I'm guessing his 'Sixth Sense' was more a sort of empathy towards others? While the XieZhi can truly tell between a truth and a lie and easily pick it out as well.

I wikipedia'd them, and the Xiezhi draws its form more from predatory creatures while the Qilin takes after hoofed grazers: deer, horses, even bulls.

As for the sixth sense, I can edit that if anyone wants me too. I took it from a note on Wikipedia about how they are prone to attack sinners, and figured they must have a way of telling. Looks like the lie-detecting bit is strictly Xiezhi, so that can be scrapped for redundancy/inaccuracy.

What do you think, sinera? Myobi?

Edit: Here's more on the Qilin from a different site. Looks like they have similar abilities. Xiezhi's kind of like its more-prone to ass-kicking twin. The offer still stands though; I think it would be awesome if the lord and advisor had to rely on each other's related abilities to get a good idea of what's going on in other peoples' heads.

Esoteric Myobi

Name: Faye
Race: Phoenix/Fenghuang
Position: Lady of the House
Weapons/Abilities:
Manipulation of Fire- A being of passionate fire, Faye can often be seen to be sparking or if seriously angered, slightly flaming. Usually if this happens, her hair will take on a reddish tinge before flames begin to dance in her eyes. Creating fire and manipulating it to her will is a simple task for Faye and can vary from just a small flame to an erupting inferno.

Healing Capabilities- Underneath her many layers of frosty indifference, Faye still has the heart of a loving mother. It may be due to this, as well as her own cycle of rejuvenation, that she is a first rate healer. Whenever seeing someone hurt, either physically or emotionally, she can't help but reach out with a caring hand and try to heal them. Even when Faye herself is the one who may be lashing out with her sharp tongue, later on she finds herself regretting it and many times will awkwardly apologize.

Flight- As the ruler over all other feathered beings, flying is of course a natural gift. While in her human form, flaming wings sprout from her back, a miniature sized version of her actual wings in her true form. Upon closer inspection, it can be seen that underneath the veil of flickering flames emanating off the wings, these are actual feathers, albeit crimson tipped with varying colors of the rainbow.Since the majority of the feathers are varying shades of red to orange and yellow, it looks more like a flaming wing than a rainbow one.

Grace- While Faye is the most graceful when soaring through the skies, her fluid and lithe movements can also be seen while on the ground. Light on her feet, like so many other females of high repute, she excels in dancing and finds it to be an excellent distraction when needed.

Faye generally does not carry too many weapons with her, if at all. Instead, she tends to rely on the personal guard that is dedicated to protecting her as well as the Lord. If ever needed, she trusts that her own capabilities is more than enough to protect herself and make it to safety. However, she is skilled at using her chain whip and her dual chakrams. She tends to favor carrying her chain whip instead of the chakrams due to their large size. When carrying her chain whip, it is most often seen coiled loosely around her waist. Very much like a fancy belt. Other times, if caught while in the middle of performing or practicing, her dual metal fans can turn into a very handy weapon.

Appearance:
True Form: Fiery and free, Faye only feels truly at ease when in her true form. Although she can only stay as such for short periods of time it just makes her savor each second of it even more. In this form her abilities are at their peak and she is a being that demands both power and respect.

Human Form: Long, ebony hair reaching down past her waist, Faye likes to wear her hair mostly down with part of it up. She spends time adorning elaborate head pieces, threading it through her hair or just simply attaching it to the top and/or sides. Contrary to her impressive form as a Phoenix, while in her human form Faye can seem quite defenseless at times. Slight and petite, her long billowing robes tend to engulf her.  These robes tend to always include the colors of white, gold, red, orange, yellow, blue, or black. Her eyes are a soft, dewy brown, but it is not uncommon to see her eyes smoldering or flickering slightly, flecks of red and gold can sometimes make their way into the brown indicating just how irritated she is at the moment.

Personality:
Faye's personality may seem complex to some, but to others she's quite easy to figure out. Extremely proud and expecting to be treated as her status implies, she can be quick to anger if insulted in any way. Due to her status, she's not afraid to speak her mind and while she chooses her words carefully depending on the situation there are the few times when she slips due to anger. More often than not, when she strikes out at anyone (usually verbally) she tends to feel guilty afterwards though she only rarely ever apologizes upfront. Instead she finds little ways to awkwardly show her sincerity of wanting to be forgiven.

Even with these flaws, Faye sees all of the Myth (save for the Lord) as her children and as such she will protect them fiercely to no end, many times putting them before herself. In fact, while she feels something bordering on spite towards the Lord's Mistress, she can never truly bring herself to hate the other woman. Instead she tends to put the blame on the Lord, finding it easier to focus her feelings, be it passionate love or hate, at him.

Biography:
At the very beginning, the Phoenix and the Celestial Dragon had both been powerful entities. Neither one wanted to be viewed as weaker than the other and neither wanted to share equal power either. The Phoenix thus challenged the Dragon several times and lost on each occasion, eventually she found that even without the strife and bitter feelings towards the other, the two had come to terms with each other and found it hard to separate for too long, having grown fond of the other's company. After being paired with the Dragon for so long, Faye has come to develop a sort of love-hate relationship with her 'husband'.

Although it is traditional for a wife to be quiet, reserved, and many times hold little to no power, this is not the case between the Phoenix and the Dragon. If anything, they regard each other as equals and they rule together equally as well. Once every hundred years, the Phoenix returns to the celestial kingdom and is consumed by her own flames only to be 'reborn' again a month later in her own cold ashes. As much as Faye may complain about how much she can't stand the Dragon, at the same time she finds that she cannot stand to be away from him for long periods of time. The irony of this doesn't fail to escape her, due to the fact that before she had found herself constantly by his side, the Phoenix had always been grappling with the Dragon trying to overwhelm him in a fight to show that she was in fact, the more powerful of the two.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Just wanted everyone to know that even though I have (finally) put up my own character, we are still waiting on a few other people so I'm not letting players choose another role or play another character yet. ^^;

Sorry for the delay but hopefully we'll all be able to pick and choose soon. Those of you who are interested in doing either, it's probably a nice time to think of what you would like to be now so that it's easier to put it up later. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

sinera

Something had been nagging at me, and I suddenly realized what it was: in Feudal Japan a woman was to cleave only unto her husband. To have had a lover would have meant certain death, if not by her own hand, then by her husband's.

Of course, this is Alternate Reality, so we can do as we please :D

Esoteric Myobi

Hahaz, yes that's very very true. But I figured if a Lord were to have a Mistress it's only fair for the Lady to  have a Lover. =)

Also, it would still not be looked upon lightly soo...just a bit more drama to add into the plot for something interesting to read hm? ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

sinera

I was just thinking, if we can't get anyone to officially fill those positions, perhaps other characters could double up? Toichi would love to be involved with the human Lady... and perhaps with her AND her handmaiden :D  He's a randy soul.

Esoteric Myobi

Well...I kind of mentioned it throughout the thread already but you must have missed it ^^;

I said that once the rest of the interested players who I'm waiting on to post up their initial characters have done so I'm allowing people to either 1- choose another role to play but it has to be in the same house of course since you'll just be giving your current character another position to play or 2- make another character altogether but it has to be a different position and house.

On another note, since the three houses have so much tension between each other the idea was to keep relations within each house. =x Thus Toichi, being a Mixed probably would not come in much contact with the Humans besides the other higher ups during meetings.

Of course this really depends on how many threads I'm willing to make for people to be able to meet at. Though there have been a few PMs asking me about certain storylines that I have tentatively approved, either way a profile thread and an OOC thread has been made so this discussion can take place there. ^^;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

NotoriusBEN

OK, here is my gaijin character. He's a bit of a mercenary and a pirate, but what do you expect of a sailor and foreigner? If it just doesn't fit, go ahead and PM me, Ill make the changes if you want them

Name:  Bannin Racchaem (Rack - eem)
Position: Captain / Naval Captain of the "Fire Star"
Weapons/Abilities:
Bannin Racchaem carries a black power pistol, one of the advanced technological items from "the Barbarian Lands". Its single shot and requires a lot of time to reload. But no one can deny its power.

He commissioned a katana to be forged for him after a prior skirmish with a samurai shattered his saber. He is tested in combat and swordsmanship, but learning a new blade will take time.

Being a sailor and gaijin, Bannin shows a unique, daring, and unorthodox method of command. Never committing completely to an engagement, but dashing into enemy lines, hitting hard, and retreating, before harrying his opponent again.

Orientation: Straight.  He is not married, but he is known to slum around town on occasion. Many women, are enchanted by an accomplished warrior, and if he is a foreigner, that just adds to the mystique.

Appearance: He is of average height in his lands, but slightly taller than the people of this place, but he is wiry and tough from years at sea. His clothes are distinctly foreign, but have been cut and threaded to mimic some Oriental customs.

Personality: Bannin Racchaem is a brash and loud personality among the refined and restrained customs of the Orient.  He is daring, audacious and cunning, perfect traits of an ill reputed pirate. He is aware that gaijin are not allowed ranks of high esteem, but with a war on the horizon… just maybe…

Biography: Bannin Racchaem is the only son of a merchant marine. Following in the family trade, he joined up as well, and made a meager living. During many voyages, his ships came under attack from pirates and he learned to fight in the crucible of life or death conflict. On a long voyage for silk, a typhoon carried and smashed his ship beneath the waves. Washing up on the shore of the strange Orient, he has since become a mercenary captain of a Japanese ship, with odd and distinctly gaijin modifications for speed and maneuverability.

NotoriusBEN

Ok, the boat and sea voyaging abilities are gone. I wish I could have an edit button, but Im still a NING for the time being. THIS IS MY SUBMISSION.
Name:  Bannin Racchaem (Rack - eem)
Position: Captain of the Guard
Weapons/Abilities:
Bannin Racchaem carries a black power pistol, one of the advanced technological items from "the Barbarian Lands". Its single shot and requires a lot of time to reload. But no one can deny its power.

He comissioned a katana to be forged for him after a prior skirmish with a samurai shattered his saber. He is tested in combat and swordsmanship, but learning a new blade will take time.

Being a sailor and gaijin, Bannin shows a unique, darring, and unorthodox fighting style. Never committing completely to an engagement, but dashing and lungeing into the enemy’s defense, hitting hard, and retreating, before harrying his opponent again.

Orientation: Straight.  He is not married, but he is known to slum around town on occasion. Many women, are enchanted by an accomplished warrior, and if he is a foreigner, that just adds to the mystique.

Appearance: He is of average height in his lands, but slightly taller than the people of this place, but he is wiry and tough from years at sea. His clothes are distinctly foreign, but have been cut and threaded to mimic some Oriental customs.

Personality: Bannin Raccheam is a brash and loud personality among the refined and restrained customs of the Orient.  He is daring, audacious and cunning, perfect traits of an ill reputed pirate. He is aware that gaijin are not allowed ranks of high esteem, but with a war on the horizon… just maybe…

Biography: Bannin Racchaem is the only son of a merchant marine. Following in the family trade, he joined up as well, and made a meager living. During many voyages, his ships came under attack from pirates and he learned to fight in the crucible of life or death conflict. On a long voyage for silk, a typhoon carried and smashed his ship beneath the waves. Washing up on the shore of the strange Orient, peniless and with no way of returning home, he found the House of Humans and has risen through the ranks to become the new Captain of the Guard.

Gami

Name: Liao, Yun Shu
Household: Humans
Position: Captain of the Guards

Weapons/Abilities: Yun carries a Jian (a traditional Chinese double-edged sword) at almost all times. He also owns a fine long bow. As part of his training, Yun is proficient at unarmed combat. His strengths lie in his great stamina and running speed, and the many ways he can take down an opponent with nonlethal methods.

Appearance: Yun has a well built warrior's physique, and black hair that stops right at his neck. He's about 5"8 tall, has a somewhat darker skin tone, and has light brown eyes. He usually dresses in blue and black - all strictly traditional, of course.

His normal "duty uniform" is a pair of dark blue trousers and tunic with black leather armor worn on top with matching leather gauntlets and boots, and a white sleeveless robe worn over.

His battle armor (which he rarely uses) resembles any Chinese warrior's full armor attire, with a black/brown color theme. and with emphasis on light weight - in other words, few needless decorations and useless ornamental protective gear.

Personality: Yun adjusts most of his life according to his duty; he's quite loyal, honest (to those he thinks earned it) and dutiful. He's gentle but very strict. He's a bit quick to anger, and is offended a tad too easily. He rarely speaks about his personal matters to other people, leaving such thoughts behind for his own reasons. His recent promotion as the Captain of the Guard has also put him under a lot of pressure, so his patient nature has somewhat suffered from this.

He doesn't think beyond his duty, as he feels that everyone have their place and their role to fill; and that thinking about other things will only lead to instability and distrust. His loyalty lies first and foremost with the Lord and Lady. Because of his duties, he rarely drinks alcohol and dislikes that his men drink (though he does nothing to actively prevent it). He has also paid far less attention to women than he likes, and his relatively lonely life has left him almost indifferent to the whole affair.

Biography: Yun is the son of Liao Zhan, a middle ranking military officer. He and his older sister Meifen grew up under somewhat dysfunctional circumstances, which ended with Meifen's early death when he was only fourteen. It was then that his warrior career took off, as he was sent away by his father. He adapted quickly, but shunned the art of fighting, instead focusing on what he felt was easiest and most efficient. The only exception to this is his skills with the bow and arrow, a practice he finds relaxing.

His upbringing and his relationship with his sister has turned his mind from the hatred towards the Myths. Rather than fighting to being them down, he simply encourages the rise of his own household, choosing to work for prosperity of the Humans instead. It was these ideas that drove him towards the Guard, a goal he reached when he was twenty years old. Three years later, the passing of his father left him alone with the inheritance of a house he could not support - he had it sold and moved to a smaller house where he currently lives. With his father's death also came his and Meifen's possessions to belong to Yun. He had most of his newly given belongings sold, though he kept a few articles, including an empty diary from his father, and a collection of poems from his sister. He has recently begun to write poetry as well, as a way of remembering Meifen. A month ago, he was promoted as Captain of the Guards when the former captain retired.

He is still fresh as a Captain, but has already learned many new things. He began writing in his diary after the promotion, and is now working on plans to reform the Guard. He also plans to regain his old family's house.

sinera

Due to time considerations I am going to have to resign from this thread.

Sorry.

Esoteric Myobi

NotoriusBen, uhm. It looks like we're going to have to tweak your profile quite a bit ^^; We'll go over it through PMs.

Gami, accepted. Glad to see you on board. =)

Sinera, so sorry to have to see you go. =(

Looks like the Mixed Head position is now open...=/

All those who have been accepted please move your profile to the profile thread. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: jayline on November 04, 2009, 11:04:34 AM
I wikipedia'd them, and the Xiezhi draws its form more from predatory creatures while the Qilin takes after hoofed grazers: deer, horses, even bulls.

As for the sixth sense, I can edit that if anyone wants me too. I took it from a note on Wikipedia about how they are prone to attack sinners, and figured they must have a way of telling. Looks like the lie-detecting bit is strictly Xiezhi, so that can be scrapped for redundancy/inaccuracy.

What do you think, sinera? Myobi?

Edit: Here's more on the Qilin from a different site. Looks like they have similar abilities. Xiezhi's kind of like its more-prone to ass-kicking twin. The offer still stands though; I think it would be awesome if the lord and advisor had to rely on each other's related abilities to get a good idea of what's going on in other peoples' heads.

Well, since sinera has resigned your profile is fine. =P Just put it up on the profile thread =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Iris Moon

Iris Moon

Name: Mika Iguchi

Household (Human/Mixed/Myth): Human

Position: Hand-maid of the Humans

Weapons/Abilities:

No abilities, but characteristics:

Loyal - Always loyal to her Lady, and never leaves her side
Hard-working - Always does everything her lady asks of her.
Patient - Always listens to her Lady, especially when she is angry because of husband.
Obedient - Does everything she is ordered to do...

Orientation : Bisexual

Appearance:

Personality: Is a very quiet girl when in public and very well-behaved and obedient. But when alone with the Lady she opens up and speaks her mind, she is spontaneous and passionate. And does everything she can to please the Lady.She is incredibly skilful in many aspects, but she keeps these to herself as she likes to surprise people. She always defends her Lady.

Biography: Was born in a poor family and her parents died a few years ago, so she began working for the Lord and Lady of Humans. She was always fed and treated well so she remained. Plus she has her counterpart- the adviser with her.

Hope that's OK

~Iris~

Esoteric Myobi

Welcome aboard Iris. ^^

Hmm your profile looks pretty good, just keep in mind that usually to get to the handmaiden positions you need to be trained for it. So while the Lord and Lady or whoever could have picked you up off the streets you would still have to go through a few years of training before actually getting the spot.

Other than that, approved and be sure to post your profile in the profile thread! =) Thanks~

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lord Drake

I can see that the lord of the mixed is still vacant... if you are ok, I am interested in that role.

^^
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Lord Drake

Name: Tai Lung So
Race: Human/oni breed
Position: Lord of the Mixed

Weapons: Steel barbed whip, katana, twin sai.

Abilities: Tai Lung is a master of Equilibrium and Balance. He is fluid and always self-centered so much that is extremely difficult to catch him by surprise and make him fall. He can fight and stand in almost any position and his most dreaded technique with his barbed whip is executed with him standing in perfect equilibrium of one of his feet's tiptoes.

He masters the flood of the Ki and can use it as a weapon and he has a good control and immunity to fire due to his Fire Oni's heritage. He is also extremely resistent to pain.

Orientation: Straight.

Appearance: Dark and human-looking on his right side, he is oni-like on the left side of his body although he can look fully-human if needed..

Personality: Extremely self-balanced also in his soul, he believes in equal rights for everyone. He is normally extremely self controlled and rational and always the mediator.. at times, his twin natures take hold of him, though and he is prone to flows of the warmest gentlenes as well as to fits of murderous rage. He is extremely loyal to his household and he will work for its better good first and foremost. He takes his duty as lord really seriously and does not admit lack of dedication in himself first, and in his underlings next. He strives to be a just and equanimous ruler, avoiding the too good and too bad sides of his soul to sway him from the right path.

Biography: Tai Lung has been the offspring of a rape perpetuated by a fire oni on a female human on a nearby village. The monstrous child born out of that union was given to a travelling human monk with which Tai Lung grew up and stayed until his death. The monk tutored him in the way of the Balance and made him understand how to bridle up his duplicitous nature.. since the boy was prone to fit of terrible, murderous violence when his Oni eritage took the upper hand. With time, Tai Lung reached nearly-utter mastery of his twin nature and after the death of his tutor, he set upon seeing the world by himself... he learned about the houses and was welcomed in the Mixed household, of hich he soon took the position of Lord given his great power and, more than that, the fact that he was the living example of the balance that that house was seeking.

Hope it is ok.

^^
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Esoteric Myobi

Hurray, I was thinking that I might have to recruit someone for the Lord of the Mixed position. ^^;

Your character seems very interesting, just keep in mind that your half and half appearance will most likely be his 'true' appearance since I would like everyone to stay in their 'human' appearance most of the time. All characters are only allowed to stay in their 'true' appearance for short periods of time and only occasionally.

Other than that, accepted. Please place your profile in the profile thread and drop by the OOC thread if you'd like =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

xiin

love me?

xiin

Name: Xue Fei
Apparent Age: Appears 20
Actual Age: Unknown
Race: Peng/Kun Mix
Household (Human/Mixed/Myth): Mixed
Position: Captain of the Guard for the Mixed
Orientation: Bisexual

Weapons:

- Zen, Zhun & Zong; A set of slender throwing knives that are always on her person. Zen is only used to disable, Zhun never misses, and Zong is coated with a deadly poison.
- Tong Ai / Ai Si; The names translate directly to 'painful love' and 'loving death'. Xue uses two of these - one for each hand. This is her close combat weapon of choice.

- Martial Arts Ability: Xue is a master at various forms of Neijia, particularly Wudangquan.
- Weapon Ability: While the weapons listed above are on her at all times, Xue is more than proficient with other, more conventional weapons such as the staff, katana, and even the broadsword. For ranged weapons, she is able to use the longbow and crossbow along with the throwing knives.

Abilities:

- Levitation & Flight; Being half-bird, Xue has the ability to move herself in air. This gives her the means to attack from above as well as on the ground, and gives her additional maneuverability.
- Wind; Xue has the ability to manipulate air, able to create small gusts of wind while in her Human form, and larger windstorms in her Mythical form. This also assists in her long-range attacks - she can use the winds to ensure the accuracy of her throwing knives.
- Water Scrying & Communicaton; Water carries sound much, much better than air. Using any body of pure water, Xue can use it to listen in on conversations held near other bodies of pure water (ponds, pitchers of water, wash basins, etc.) within a limited range. When in Mythical form, this ability also extends to being able to send messages rather than simply receiving. Because of the spying nature of this skill, only the Lord and Lady of the House are aware of this ability.

Appearance:
- Human Form
- True Form: Xue's true form is a hybrid mix of fish, bird, and human. She has feathered wings on her back, multi-hued in shades varying from pale jade green to deep midnight purple, and her hair becomes a curtain of fine feathers that match the coloring on her wings. Patches of scales appear on her body, and though her overall shape remains humanoid, webbing appears between her fingers and toes, and delicate fins appear on her forearms and calves.
Following the ability of her Mythical parent, who was able to turn fully from fish to bird, Xue is able to suppress either side of her manifestation, thus allowing her to sprout only the wings, or only the scales & fins.

Personality: Deadly, Efficient, Competitive, Perceptive, Controlled.
One does not get to be a woman in a position of power without being unquestionably the best. Over the years, in order to get to the position she was now in as the Captain of the Guard, Xue learned to be quick and ruthless, focusing on the job and only the job. Even so, her control hides a passionate nature and swift temper, which surface but rarely, but make her even more formidable when it does. It is her competitiveness that got her to the position, but somewhere in the process, the true Xue's personality got lost. Occasionally, when she believes nobody is there to watch, one can see a hint of vulnerability and loneliness in her eyes.

Biography: In Chinese mythology, the Peng and Kun are different forms of the same creature.
    There lived a kind of giant mysterious fish in the northern sea. These fish are called Kun. Nobody knows how big these fish actually are. They can turn into giant birds. When they are in bird form, they are known as Peng. Nobody knows how big these birds actually are. When they fly, their wings are like the colorful clouds in the sky. When there is a storm in the northern sea, the Peng will fly to the southern sea. They travel three thousand li (Chinese miles) in one flap of their wings. They can fly for six months without rest.

Xue was the result of a brief dalliance between Hua Fei Yu a female Peng/Kun, and Takaro Li, a high ranking commander in the Human army. They had never planned for a child to appear out of the union, and when Fei Yu informed Takaro of her pregnancy, the commander had been less than pleased. Grudgingly, however, he had offered to support the child financially, as long as Fei Yu agreed to do the actual raising.

The Peng/Kun raised Xue with a cold hand, providing food and shelter and education, but not love. Until her fifth year, when her powers finally manifested, and Fei Yu realized that her daughter, for all that she was her own flesh and blood, was not able to transform fully into her Mythological form. Quicker than the blink of an eye, Xue found herself deposited upon her father's doorstep, and without a backwards glance, her mother disowned her.

Takaro had thrown a fit upon realizing that his daughter, whom he had thought far, far away, and no longer any of his business, was shivering in his doorway, but he had seen the worth of having a half-breed child at his disposal. Under his supervision, Xue was given the best possible combat training and education.... until the man's untimely death during one of skirmishes between the Myths and the Humans.

Left to fend for herself, Xue eventually made it to the House of the Mixed, where she applied for a position in the army's assassination squad. Once there, it quickly became apparent that her level of skill far surpassed those around her, and she quickly made her way up the ranks, finally reaching her current position.
love me?

Esoteric Myobi

Welcome aboard Xiin, you're approved.

Please post your character profile on the Profile Thread, the link can be accessed in the intro post of this recruitment thread. After that feel free to pop in the OOC Thread or browse the Three House Threads that have recently been put up. At the moment the game has not yet begun so please don't post in any of the House Threads.

Thanks =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Unfortunately we have lost a key player (Lord of the Human House) =( and am now looking for a replacement. If anyone is interested in taking this spot please send me a PM =)

On the other hand, the spot of Mistress for the Myth Lord is still open for the taking as well ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~