Crimson Fortune - Recruiting Thread

Started by Esoteric Myobi, October 29, 2009, 11:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

The profile thread is now up! This is to make it simpler for people to browse through while searching for certain player's character information. =)

Those of you who would just like to chat, the OOC thread is ready to be used!

Well, here is a game that I'm hoping people will take interest in. I had tried to play this out on a previous forum only to find that it was not going the way I had hoped for or even expected. ^^; Hopefully, due to the larger population on E, this will be able to garner more interest here as well as play out a bit more successfully.

As for categories...I really just ticked off nearly everything (excluding EX and NA) since it can all happen somewhere down the line ^^; I won't be limiting anyone from their sexual desires as long as it is incorporated into the story in a way that doesn't disturb the main storyline. Notice that I kept everything to 'human/near-human', this will most likely explain itself as you read on.

Now then...

----------------History/Storyline------------------

Looking back in time, humans had always served under the mythological creatures. They possessed more power and more intellect, however as time went on some of these mythological creatures found themselves curious to experience the human lifestyle. Disguising themselves as humans they mingled and a few even found themselves falling in love. Unfortunately, the humans did not take kindly to these mythological creatures intruding upon their lives. They drove them away, sometimes even resorting to violence. As a result, wars waged between the two though more often than not, the humans suffered greatly compared to the few mythological creatures they were able to take down.

Over the centuries, the two came to an agreement and the mythological creatures became deities. Eventually as peace resumed, many forgot about their 'deities' and in a rage they soon made their presences known once again. War would have inevitably started once again if it were not for those of mixed descent stepping in. During the years of peace, many children carrying the blood of both a human and a mythological creature were born. Due to their mixed heritage they were able to speak for both sides, and an unsteady truce between the three were made.

Now, three noble houses have been established consisting the humans, mythological creatures, and those of mixed descent. While each house holds equal power, many times the mixed house is the one who has the final say when making decisions. This is due to the fact that the humans and the myths are still openly opposed to each other, while the mixed try their best to maintain the peace and choose what they feel will be best for the society.

During one of the monthly meetings, representatives from all three houses had gathered as usual to voice their opinions on the latest issues. Arguing and insults are not uncommon, however the human representative stepped out of line and insulted the Head of the mythological house. The myths, being very prideful and honorable creatures, were highly insulted, even more so that the insult had not been directed at the representative himself but his Lord. In a rage, the myth representative killed the human representative, knowing fully well that execution awaited him. The relationship between the three houses, which had always been shaky, was now full of tension, a taut string that would snap with another tug.

------------Background of Houses----------------

Human: I'm sure we all know how to play humans best. Greedy for power, jealous creatures who feel that they should be top dog. You get the idea. Although of course, not all the humans are this way. Basically, the human household feels as if they're being looked down upon by the other two houses due to the humans being the only ones without any special abilities. Rumors have it that the humans are tired of feeling oppressed by the other two houses and are striving for change...

Mixed:
These are the ones who are able to speak for both humans and mythological creatures. They're able to see both sides of the situation and both sides of an argument making them the best judges. As such, they're categorized as peace keepers, since that's literally what they do. Due to this, many times the Mixed household has the final say in decisions, causing them to have the most 'power' out of the three. Rumors have it that the mixed household is afraid that the myth household will one day overtake them from their position...

Myth: The most powerful out of the three houses when it comes to strength. They are extremely prideful and honorable creatures. While some can say that they are vain even, at the same time they are extremely understanding due to their age. There are not too many 'young' myths, due to the fact that the mythological creatures tend to reproduce very rarely, and usually always amongst themselves. Lately the only 'new' myths would have to be those in the mixed household.

---------------Positions------------------

At the moment, I have not decided on what positions should be filled besides the obvious few. If you have a certain role that you'd like your character to play and find that it's not listed here feel free to PM me and ask about it.

My only request is that the Head of the Myth household play a dragon (Preferably the Celestial dragon [TianLong - Chinese] since it is regarded as the top of the myth food chain) and for the Wife of the Myth House to play a phoenix (Due to the fact that the phoenix is the symbol representing women in general, fertility and whatnot. The phoenix is also usually paired with the dragon.) Whoever decides that they would like to take on either role, please PM me so that I may give you a bit more background information if needed.

This section will be updated as the spots are filled so please check back from time to time to see which spots are filled and which are still open. I will fill in the positions after I have approved your character. Unfortunately, if someone has posted for a position first and I approve them then those who applied for the same position afterwards will have to try for another. Likewise, if you were the first to apply for a position but I found that your profile needed some changes before approval, then there is the chance that someone who posted afterwards for the same position but with a character description that I've approved will get the spot instead. Hope that everyone will be understanding and if any problems or issues arise feel free to PM me. ^^

Explanation and Clarification of Positions:

Remember, we're trying to keep it somewhat traditional to the times in the past, so yes women are slightly oppressed (moreso the women with status who are always in the public eye). But they get to pull plenty of strings in the background (er..bedroom..). With the added conflict of lovers and mistresses I'm hoping that there will be plenty of drama as well as of course the actual political power struggle going on.

There are also various positions that are generally taken by males but I don't mind if they are played by female characters. If so, just keep in mind that as a female you'll have to work a bit harder to prove yourself and keep your position. =) I'm sure we'll be able to show the men just how tough we are, eh ladies? ^^

• Lords- Rulers of each house, they are the top dog and make all final decisions. Being the leaders of their respective houses, they are adored and revered by their people. Incidentally they are also the most powerful and feared of their kind.
  • Ladies- Wives of the Lords, they take care of household affairs as well as tend to their husband's needs. All problems that occur within the house are handled by them, only on the rare occasion do they approach their husbands with issues. Ironically, this gives them quite a bit of power even in their somewhat oppressed status. Except for the Phoenix, and I will explain to whoever decides to play her. (Though I admit that the Phoenix is a position I quite like, so I may very well play her myself if no one takes it.)
  • Advisers- Generally a position that is favored by males, they literally just advise Lords with suggestions and insight as to what decisions are available and what they feel would be the best move to take. All critical information goes through the adviser before it is sifted through and concentrated to report to the Lord. Besides the Lady of the house, the adviser is the only one who can speak on the Lord's behalf.
  • Handmaidens- The female counterpart of the Adviser, handmaidens cater exclusively to their Lady's needs and help to take care of household affairs. Many times the handmaiden tends to become the Lady's closest confident and friend. All handmaidens undergo a training for two to three years where they are taught the ropes of the house, how to run it smoothly, how to act like a proper lady is expected to, and also how to defend themselves or their lady. At the end of the training only one is chosen and the rest are assigned into a special squad where they act their part during the day by doing their share of work, but many times during the night they are sent out on tasks that only their skills can complete.
  • Mistress/Lover- There will only be ONE official position for each. Meaning that whoever chooses this position will be openly known to all as the Lord/Lady's mistress/lover. Although people with this position will be acknowledged as what they are, many will look down on them distastefully but will still give them the respect required for one who keeps the company of the Lord/Lady. Of course, if someone else besides the mistress/lover happens to catch the eye of the Lord/Lady, then these 'secondary' mistress/lovers will be known as secret affairs instead of gaining an official position. Beware, Mistresses will have conflicts with the Ladies of the Houses, likewise Lovers will not be kindly received by Lords.
  • Captains- In charge of all military aspects of the house. This would include certain special squads, such as assassination groups and whatnot.
  • Co-Captain/Commanders- Preferably one of each, though I will allow for there to be more than one if asked. This will only occur if all positions are currently filled.
  • Servants/Vassals- Most likely, these spots will just be NPC'd later on by everyone. Servants tend to play very low profile roles regardless but if you specifically ask to play as one then I'm not going to say no either.
  • Captain of the Guard- This position would hold the same ranking as the Captain of the Military. Unlike the Captain of the Military who overlooks all of the House's armies, the Captain of the Guard only has a very small squadron of his own. Those in the Guard are highly skilled soldiers and their only goal is to ensure the safety of the House, specifically the Lord and Lady. (Think internal defense?)

Secondary roles are now open for the taking. Please PM me your character proposal and I will post it up for you if approved. If you are asking for your current character to take on a second role then please PM me as well and after you have been approved you can edit your character profile to include it. Thanks!

Positions                                                                                            Players

Head (Lord) of the Myths--------------------------------------Tyranister - Tian Feng   
Lord of the Mixed----------------------------------------------Lord Drake - Tai Lung So
Lord of the Humans--------------------------------------------

Wife (Lady) of the Myths---------------------------------------Esoteric Myobi - Faye   
Lady of Mixed--------------------------------------------------Krysia - Karasu   
Lady of Humans------------------------------------------------LilyPetalLips - Ayame

Adviser of the Myths-------------------------------------------Krysia - Tia Xia
Adviser of the Mixed--------------------------------------------Jayline - Xiang
Adviser of the Humans------------------------------------------Esoteric Myobi - Hideko Ohkawa

Lady-in-Waiting (Handmaid) of the Myths------------------------Kunoichi - Cashmere
Handmaid of the Mixed------------------------------------------Cassiopeia - Kyla
Handmaid of the Humans----------------------------------------Iris Moon - Mika Iguchi

Mistress (to the Lord) of the Myths------------------------------   
Mistress of the Mixed-------------------------------------------LilyPetalLips - Jade    
Mistress of the Humans-----------------------------------------Cassiopeia - Jaia Akemi   

Lover (to the Lady) of the Myths--------------------------------Jayline - Sohan   
Lover of the Mixed----------------------------------------------Tao Tsu - Tendo Senou   
Lover of the Humans--------------------------------------------Kunoichi - Yuuki

Captain of the Myths Military------------------------------------Dark Deception - Bear
Captain of the Mixed Military------------------------------------Bradten - Demogag
Captain of the Humans Military----------------------------------Remiel - Xeng Xaifang

Co-Captain/Commander of the Myths----------------------------Sydonai - Awang
Co-Captain/Commander of the Mixed----------------------------Tao Tsu - Tendo Senou
Co-Captain/Commander of the Humans--------------------------NightFall - Jiang Lin Yao

Captain of the Guard for the Myths------------------------------(Reserved)
Captain of the Guard for the Mixed------------------------------Xiin - Xue Fei
Captain of the Guard for the Humans----------------------------Gami - Liao, Yun Shu

Reserved Status- These are profiles that had already been submitted ahead of time and approved, unfortunately the players have been too busy with life to post up on the thread and since the positions have not yet been taken I've decided to just reserve it for these players. Hope this is understandable and there won't be too many issues about it. Of course, if there is I'm available through PMs to discuss this.

---------------------Character Profiles-------------------------

Please keep in mind that I would like to keep this Asian themed, so for those of you choosing to be a Myth or a Mixed remember to choose from the appropriate mythologies. I will consider taking in mythological creatures from other regions but please PM me about it first and we can discuss how to work it into the story.

All characters will have a human appearance (thus the reason why this game was not considered 'exotic'), the only times that mythological creatures are able to change to their true appearance are for short intervals only. Also, while it's true that mythological creatures (mixed or not) have certain abilities, it is much weaker while they're in human form. This keeps power if not equal but at a manageable level between the houses =)

For those of you who may be having difficulty finding a mythological creature that suits your fancy, here are two links (provided by Krysia) that are extremely helpful. Japanese Oriented or Chinese Oriented. You may stumble upon a few that are very similar to the other but that's fine. Most likely they have similar tales as well but due to the different cultures they go by different names. =) Have fun~!

Name:
Age (if applicable):
Race (if not human, specify which Mythological creature you are)
Household (Human/Mixed/Myth):
Position:
Weapons/Abilities: (We will be playing a free-form game, there is no particular system to be followed so things such as turns and stats do not need to be applied. Just keep in mind that since we are playing without any particular rules, abilities cannot be overpowered and try to limit yourself reasonably. Such as if a powerful attack was just executed you cannot possibly do the same a second later, and so on and so forth. If people end up dying in battle please work it out over PMs first so that the scene will be epic. ;D Let's try to keep the number of abilities limited to five. As for actual weapons, no more than three that are carried around regularly and one or two more than are usually stored away. [Also, meaning that five is the max.] Hope this keeps things fair for everyone.)
Orientation:
Appearance: (True Form, if applicable) (Human form) Don't feel pressured into having to find a picture, if you want to just type out a description that is more than welcome if not preferred. ;D
Personality:
Biography: (Please mention a brief history or background of your mythological creature [if applicable], or a simple link will do as well)

Now for the waiting game~

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kunoichi

Hmmm, now this certainly looks interesting...  You can count me in. ^^

*thinks she'll probably be a member of the Myth house*

Esoteric Myobi

Hurray~! Which reminds me that I should probably make a pretty list of each house and it's members later on ^^;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Cassiopeia

Oooo yes, I'm in! ^_^  I'm liking this whole Mistress/Lover thing ya got going.  Question - could you be both one of the listed roles AND a mistress (or lover as the case may be)?  For instance could Co-Commander also be one of the Head Wives' lovers?

Esoteric Myobi

Ooh~! Interesting question. Something I hadn't even considered.

Well I think that the answer would really just depend on how many people actually join. If all of the spots are filled then probably not, keeping one role is simpler especially since I'm hoping everyone will be interacting with another and relationships will be bound to blossom. Though if this only receives a small group of people then I don't mind characters taking on more than one role. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Haruki

Never done one of these group gigs, but as they say..."you got to start somewhere."

I have a character that would work just fine into this setting.  He's a full-fledged human, and the type that is sort of a ruler...highest-up position.

Just saying I'm interested.  Let's see who else comes on board.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

sinera

I might be interested in playing one of the mixed-race... probably a guy, since it looks like that's where the power is.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Gami

I could be interested in this... I have a few questions, but I'll PM you about them when I get back from work... =)

NightFall

It says Asian Theme!  ^-^

*throws her hat in*

If this happens, I'll play a girl...perhaps a mistress, and maybe mixed, but that's not set in stone yet.

Esoteric Myobi

Hurray~! Welcome to all the new people who are now on board =) Thanks for voicing your interest!

Yes, the Mixed House is a tad more 'powerful'. They're basically tie-breakers/peacekeepers so essentially they tend to have the final say in things. On the other hand it also makes them a target from the other two unhappy houses.

I'm hoping that each house will be able to have around the same number of people to keep things even =x Or at least, the same number of roles filled. Like I said before, if there's just not enough people then I don't mind if one character plays two roles, or even if some people decide that they'd like to play more than one character. =) Of course, please PM me about this before you decide ^^;

I do have an actual plot in mind that I'm hoping to see play out =) This is something I'll probably PM to the key players so that they can move it in the right direction~ But I'd rather not tell all the players so players won't feel obliged to have to stick to a script. (Though the script will be interpreted differently by those who are given it and I encourage the addition of twists and turns, always keeps things interesting!)

Any questions feel free to ask either on this thread or through PM. ^^ I'll glady answer them~!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Remiel

Perhaps we should keep a running tally of who wants to play which house, so we can see if the numbers are more or less equal?  :D

I'd like to play either a house head, or a military commander.  I don't particularly care which house I end up in, I'm easy like that. Whichever has the fewest members, I suppose.

Cassiopeia

I'm planning on doing a mixed, since I already have my character made, but if it comes down to it and the numbers are too askew I can make a different one.  Also I don't mind dual roles if it's necessary.

Oni Kirin

Before I say yes or no, I should ask: what kinds of creatures are allowed to be played? Must they be in oriental theme, or any creature that you can come up with is accepted?

Esoteric Myobi

I had been planning to make a list of each house and their players later on when we had established more people in the group. But since you guys are already voicing your interest in that aspect then we may as well start now.

Please post up your character sheets and I'll organize a list once I review and approve of each person's characters. If anyone needs help finding a mythological creature to play, or want to know if it's acceptable, feel free to PM me and I'll be sure to lend you a hand. =)

Also, if you plan on dualing let me know beforehand. The same goes for those of you who wish for their characters to have more than one role.

With that said...-looks forward to seeing everyone's characters-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on October 29, 2009, 11:39:04 PM
Please keep in mind that I would like to keep this Asian themed, so for those of you choosing to be a Myth or a Mixed remember to choose from the appropriate mythologies. I will consider taking in mythological creatures from other regions but please PM me about it first and we can discuss how to work it into the story.

All characters will have a human appearance (thus the reason why this game was not considered 'exotic'), the only times that mythological creatures are able to change to their true appearance are for short intervals only. Also, while it's true that mythological creatures (mixed or not) have certain abilities, it is much weaker while they're in human form. This keeps power if not equal but at a manageable level between the houses =)

To Oni Kirin, I hope this answers your question ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Name: Cashmere ('Cash' for short)
Race: Nekomata ('forked-tailed cat')
Household: Myth
Position: Lady-in-Waiting to the Wife of the House
Weapons/Abilities: Cash has the ability to conjure ghostly fire, change her shape, attack people in their dreams, eat things significantly larger than her without difficulty, eat poison without risk, fly, and even displays enough necromantic talent to resurrect the dead. Not that this gives her much direct combat ability. In a straight-up fight, she can do little more than run.
Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance: Cash's Human Form
Her true form is simply a large, silver-furred cat with a forked tail.
Personality: Cash is, for lack of a better word, 'catty'. That is to say, she's 'Subtly cruel or malicious; spiteful', and holds a grudge like nobody's business. She has a voracious appetite, and particularly likes the taste of fugu fish.
Biography: The mythological being known as Cashmere originally came into life as nothing more than a common, ordinary housecat. Her owners never cut her tail short, however, and so when she lived significantly longer than other cats, reaching the ripe old age of 13, she underwent a startling transformation. Her tail forked in two, she grew in size and gained the ability to walk on two legs, and she was thus reborn as a fearsome creature known as a Nekomata. She joined the household of mythological beings sometime after her owners were driven to insanity by mysterious and disturbing dreams.

Hmm.  I'm hoping this works, but at the same time, I can't help but feel I need a more fitting name for my character...

Esoteric Myobi

Ah!

-smacks self-

I forgot something important in the character profile. Just updated it by adding the position option so that we all know who's filling which spot. ^^; Sorry about that! ><!

Kuno could you please update your character description? =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

Certainly, although that's something I need to decide on, as well...

Esoteric Myobi

Well take your time~ Especially since we have plenty of it. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Krysia

Esoteric Myobi

We have plenty of room and am still recruiting! ^^ And probably will be for a while too =x

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

*has updated Cash's profile with a chosen position*

Though a recent entrant into the House of Myth, I'd imagine that Cash ended up specifically gunning for the position of Lady-in-Waiting because it's the closest job she could find to her old days as some family's pet... ^^;

Dark Deception

Captain Bear
Nickname: Captain Bear
Race: Onikuma
Orientation: Straight
Household: Myth
Position: Captain of the Myths Military
Appearance: Captain Bear is well-recognized by his size. The captain stands around seven-feet and four-inches, and he is a thick, wall of muscle evenly toned from his neck down. He sports a mantle with bronze, bear-head shoulder guards and a red, flowing cape that stops about his ankles. He is always shirtless for the man is a walking tank. Upon his pectorals are two black, bear, paw prints, and about his waist is a red cotton sash with a bronze coin belt. His pants are of a tougher form of cotton and sink into bronze greaves and boots. Upon his head is a trademark headdress of a white mane with black, devil horns. It is often called, "The Warlord's Headdress," or, "The Devil's Headdress." Without his headdress, his hair is dark brown and cut short. Around his neck, he has a necklace of fangs and going down his arms are black, tribal tattoos that resemble fire.

Weapons

Twin Battle Axes
Long Bow

Abilities

Strength - The captain, if he wanted, can rip a man or mixed being in half with his bare hands. Because he is often a slow force of nature, he uses his strength to shake the earth, lift grand objects, and pummel his victims.

Toughness - The captain's skin is thick, much like the fur of a bear. It can resist most sharp objects, blunt objects, and projectiles.

Hibernation/Sleep - The captain around the winter season is very tired for it is within his nature to be so. He may be found sleeping more frequently, and his co-captains would have more responsibility during this season. When the captain sleeps, he recovers any injuries he may have no matter how serious, and awakes the next day a healthy man.

Shape shift - The captain often shapeshifts for brief moments or when he's sleeping, he can sometimes appear as a bear rather than a human, but only briefly. In addition to his weapons, the captain has his teeth and claws that he can increase in length or have grow from his fingernails to slash his foes. Battle Transformation Duration: 3 turns.
Cool Down Duration: 3 turns.

War Cry - He's loud and boisterous for a reason, though his war cry is even louder. The captain's scream can petrify weaker foes, leaving them frozen and white as a ghost for it saps the courage out of the bravest of warriors. Ability Consequence - Voice Loss - Duration: 3 turns.

Personality: Because the captain is actually a bear god, he does what a bear does best: eat and sleep. His appetite could clean out the kitchens and storage rooms of a public restaurant. Because he's such a big man, the energy he spends has to be replaced somehow. The captain holds a lot of pride in himself and his army, and he is often loud and obnoxious when riled up. He doesn't take shit from anyone, and is known to be intimidating in nature to the men around him (every man but the Myth Head), but when it comes to females he is quite the teddy bear.

Biography: "Survival of the Fittest," is what they say about the wild, and such was how the captain came to be. He was but an ordinary bear in the woods, doing what all bears do until his kind began to disappear. Poachers looking to make a pretty penny began to kill off his kind until he grew to fear humans and had become nervous, dreading that he might have been the last of his kin. Fish began to disappear from the streams because of the fishermen, and other animals began to flee further into the wild as the humans continued to expand onto their lands and drive them away.  One night, when the glow of flames and a strange noise caught his ears, he secretly wandered onto the grounds of a traveling circus; and in one of the bamboo cages, he saw a creature of his species, sleeping upon his side. He asked the bear if he wanted to be free, and with scared and desensitized panic, the bear refused and told him how the humans would whip, stab, and leave him to starve. Bear tried to reason that there was food in the forest, and he wouldn't have to fear such things, but his kin had forgotten how to hunt and live, having grown used to his life as a captive. Angered, Bear went on a rampage, destroying the circus and killing the performers until the guard arrived to kill him. The gods feeling sorry for Bear restored him in the form of a man so that he could escape the humans before his body could be mutilated and sold. Since then, Bear had been living as a human and eventually created a band of rebels to resist the human government. When Bear's name and war stories spread far and wide, he was invited to join the House of Myth as a captain. Arrogantly, he refused, feeling that he was far too strong for tea-sipping royals. It was when the ruler of the Myth House personally sought him out and challenged him to a battle, that Bear tasted defeat once again and his ego stunted by the Myth Head's power. Feeling that the ruler of the house was truly a lord worth serving, Bear surrendered his allegiance to the Myth House and took the rank of Captain.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Esoteric Myobi

Alright everyone, sorry for the long delay! I was having a little trouble playing with the table coding before I gave up and kicked it old school...

Anyway! Please give the first post another look over, if there is anything that needs clarification feel free to PM me with questions.

I will be updating the Position category of the first post with player names so be sure to check it before writing up your character description to check for which positions are currently open.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~