D&D 3.5 Long term game accepting all kinds

Started by vatovie, March 19, 2015, 11:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vatovie

This is actually a story I have worked a lot on and I'm hoping to get enough people to run it stably. I'm looking for five or more players. I don't care about the genders as long as we are fairly well balanced. I do care about classes as I want a solid party. That means everyone has a role in the party and for the most part no two people have the exact same role. If two people do have similar roles then you might have to change your character a bit to be different from theirs. We can't have a party of all healers. This will start at level 5 and you pick skills through a 32 point buy. Your starting gold is simply what you get for starting gold from the table in the dungeons masters guide. Also some personal rules of mine as a DM are no gnomes. I just don't like them or how they are usually played by players. Also the addition of a belt fed repeating crossbow. This basically allows you to rapid fire it like a machine gun if you have rapid reload and many shot. You will however take the chance to hit minus same as any other weapon you many shot with. you can only shoot up to 10 individual shots per round and after that is simply a cone of 4 times your usual crossbow damage. The crossbow must be masterwork to be belt fed and you can not shoot more than one shot while moving. Another note is that no race in this campaign is inherently evil unless they were created for evil. So Orcs, goblins, Lizardfolk, ect. Are all just as good as humans. I'm willing to take any extar books you want to use and even home brew stuff after looking it over. I'm using the home brew book of the Tome of fiends. http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Tome_of_Fiends_%283.5e_Sourcebook%29 Now for story stuff.

The world was at peace. The two largest countries Brem, run by an alliance of elves dwarves and humans, and Yung, run by an alliance of orcs, goblins, and lizardfolk, Have been at peace for hundreds of years and would trade regularly with one another. That is until something strange happened. One day without reason both countries declared war on each other. it is rumored that it was even on the same day but no one who can confirm that will say. Now the citizens didn't want to fight as many on either side had friends in both countries. However they were quickly shown they had little choice. Both sides started to draft anyone able to fight by force. They fought each other each side committing terrible atrocities. Stories of young men who helped the needy before the war become monsters who rape families were not uncommon. It seemed anyone who donned the military armor of either side wasn't themselves anymore. Civilians notice but say nothing as everyone starts to be drafted even those to weak to fight well. Both countries seem in a frenzy as they spiral into madness. Your characters are mercenaries. the one group not drafted as many are not citizens of any nation. You will be hired though and all of you can only hope you can avoid wearing the armor and maybe figure out what is going on.

Hope people join. Hope you stay to the end. If you have any questions just ask me. :)

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

vatovie

Cool cool. We have this and the demon arm that I helped Harukajunko make.

kongming

Count me in, I like 3.5 and I'm a big fan of the Tome of Fiends as well as the other stuff by its creators (Races of War, Tome of Necromancy, Dungeonomicon). If you're fine with those other works, I'd like to play a Human Monk (Dungeonomicon), who had avoided being drafted into the militia thanks to studying her art in a remote location, and only now has returned with a view to bring peace to the countries.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

vatovie

Sounds good.  Type it up and I'll look it over. :)

kongming

Name: Kyra Shrove
Race: Human
Class: Monk 5
Sex: Female
Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength 14 +2
Dexterity 12 +1
Constitution 14 +2
Intelligence 12 +1
Wisdom 17 +3 (19 +4)
Charisma10 +0

HP: 36/36
Initiative +1
Speed 30' (60' with Enlightened Hummingbird Stance active)

Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +9

AC: 24 (+7 "Armour", +2 Dodge, +4 Wis, +1 Deflection), (28 with Drunken Ox Style active)
-Flat Footed 20
-Touch Attacks 24

BAB/Grab +5/+7
-Slam Attack +10 (1d8+5)

Feats:
Insightful Strike (Wisdom replaces Strength for attack rolls, have the Edge on opponent if they have lower Wis and Dex than my Wis)
Elusive Target (Dodge Bonus to AC, opponents get no high-ground or flanking bonuses)
Combat School: Shining Hand (bonus to attack and damage rolls with unarmed attacks)

Languages Spoken:
Common
Celestial

Skills:
Hide +9
Listen +12
Move Silently +9
Sense Motive +12
Spot +12
Tumble +9

Class Features:
Armoured in Life
Fatal Strike
Willow Step
Rain of Flowers
Abundant Leap
Diamond Soul (SR 10)
Fighting Style: Drunken Ox Style
(+4 Dodge Bonus to Armour Class, Slam ignores Hardness and DR)
Fighting Style: Enlightened Hummingbird Dance
(+30' Movement Speed, Concealment)

Equipment:
Periapt of Wisdom +2 (4,000)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1,000)
Ring of Protection +1 (2,000)
Clothing +1 (1,000)
10x potion of Cure Light Wounds (500)
Remaining: 2 pound ball of platinum (500GP)

Background:
Some might argue that living in the mountain ranges is a dull existence, one to be regretted. Those people would be wrong: danger is ever-present, and the only way to survive is to be tough to begin with, or learn very quickly. Having decided to pursue the life of a scholar and scribe, Kyra attended the monastery of the Shining Hand in her teen years, willing to learn their lore. It didn't take long to realise her mistake: that they did not teach great knowledge and wisdom so much as teaching how to punch frost giants in the face. Having made the journey, and having little to her name at this point, she decided to go with it, and discovered she was a natural.

It's altogether possible that there is a real path to enlightenment that can be followed through their teachings, however one of the important lessons was that all knowledge comes through experience, that contemplation and meditation are not as important as effort and action. As such, only a few years later she left, returning to "society". It did not take long to learn that things had changed, that the countries were at war. This was troubling, but she did not have enough knowledge of how to solve it, and so she thought on the important advice: learn through immersion and adversity. As such, determined to bring peace - by beating it into people's heads if need be - Kyra has joined anyone who would accept her aid, out to learn more about what is causing this warfare and how to stop it.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

vatovie

Sounds good. Just point me in the direction of where you got those feats.

Harukajunko

kongming

Ons/Offs:

Snake

I'm interested I'll try and produce a char soon

eternaldarkness

I'd give my left arm if I could play a Warblade (from Tome of Battle). I love the class, but rarely ever get a chance to actually play it.

vatovie

I'll look into it but I'd say make the character.

Countdown0

Can I throw my hat into this? I'm thinking I'd like to play a Druid if there's a spot open.
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Ceralilly

I am a complete newb, and if you wouldn't mind helping me walk through it I am VERY VERY VERY interested. Otherwise, I will check back when I have a bit more experience. I COMPLETELY understand how taxing it is to play AND help a new person so if this isn't something you (or anyone reading this) can do, I will have zero bad feelings.

Thank you for your consideration, and feel free to check out my game postings, shorts, or O&Os to make sure you think I fit the game.

Have a lovely evening!

Cera
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

kckolbe

I'm always happy to help people learn new systems.  If you want I can help you make a char for this.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Videospirit

Let's see... things I've wanted to try in 3.5. A malconvoker(Preferably wizard base), An Arcane Heirophant, a Paladin if it's E6, A shifter Vow of poverty druid, or a beguiler/rainbow servant.

With a monk and a warblade so far, the arcane heirophant or the beguiler are likely better choices.

Beguiler even has an excuse for avoiding the draft of "I got lost and stumbled across the hidden jungle temples of the couatls before the war."

Ceralilly

Quote from: kckolbe on March 22, 2015, 09:44:37 PM
I'm always happy to help people learn new systems.  If you want I can help you make a char for this.

I REALLY appreciate you offering. Thank you!
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

vatovie

Or I'll help you because that guy isn't part of the game yet and hasn't mentioned making a character. Or we will both help you. Either way I'm looking for the character roles of Healer, Skillbot, mage, and ranged focus. So the druid or the mage are likely and looking at the warblade class it's not likely unless I really like your concept.

kckolbe

Fair enough.  I am just a big fan of system games and like teaching people about them.  Is there a max size you are looking for?

I'm a fan of playing skillbots as well as ranged types.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Almondus

I'd love to get some experience with being apart of a d&d game here on the boards.  It's been some time since I've played, but I can try and run through and make a character for a wizard role in the group if there's still room.

vatovie

Yeah there is room but it's getting to the point where not all characters who are submitted will be accepted.

Almondus

Ahhh.. well I'll leave it to the more experience players till things settle down a bit.  It does take a bit of extra time to set up a char for a system game when you don't know the system and writing one up and finding out later that there wasn't room for it would suck lol. 

Good luck with things.

vatovie

Fair enough. Have a nice day.

As for you kckolbe the max size I'm looking for is 6 unless I get enough to have two parties going. At which point one group may play the anti party with heavily monitored characters as far as creation. Or they would both be parties with the same goal who don't meet until the very end.

Countdown0

Quick question. How do you want health done? Rolls? Take the average?
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

vatovie

Either way but if you roll then show me the rolls if they are more than the average.