Way of the Wicked (PF game) seeks 2+ characters - Just reached Big Game Status!

Started by LisztesFerenc, May 16, 2016, 02:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisztesFerenc

The Kingdom of Talingarde is the most noble, virtuous, peaceful nation in the known world. This is the story of how you burned this insipid paradise to the ground.

I'm GMing a Way of the Wicked game, where the players start as lowly criminals, and gradually rise through the ranks of a Cult of Asmodeus, aiming to destroy the kingdom of Talingarde, which had them imprisoned. I have 2 groups, currently one following the module's story-line, the other doing simultaneous missions of my own making with the help from the module's world info. I may subsequently switch up which group follows the module's mission and which one follows my own.

The first group is currently heading north by ship to make a delivery and then start something, the second group is ready to leave on their first real mission, heading into the mountains preemptively throwing a spanner in the works for when Talingarde tries to respond to the events in the north. Sorry for being vague, but each group isn't meant to know about the others mission yet, though they will in good time, when all hell breaks loose and the first calamity hits an unsuspecting Talingarde.

The new character for group 1 would be difficult to work in, but we'll manage something, the new characters for group 2 will have found their way to manor on the moor (the cult's headquarters) through the High Priest's agents, either a white haired women or a black man, we can work out the specifics of this together.

Here is a preview of the module, along with character creation rules, but I will summarize them below, as there have been two tweaks to them:
http://www.firemountaingames.com/Players_Guide.pdf

Character Creation
1.   For stat generation, choose a Focus and Foible. Your Focus stat is 18 and your Foible is 8. Then roll four 4 d10s, adding 7 to each and assign them to your remaining stats in any order. Reroll if no number rolled is higher than 12, or the sum modifier of your four rolled stats is +2 or less.
2.   Maximum HP at first level, then roll, rerolling 1s if you have d6, 1-2 for d8, 1-3 for d10 and 1-4 if you have d12. Additionally, you gain Fast Learner as a bonus feat at 1st level (even if you aren’t human).
3.   In the preview you will find a list of Crimes, choose the one you were convicted for. This is your first trait; you may then choose a second, non-crime trait.
4.   No synthesis summoner. Regular summoner is fine. I will consider 3rd party and homebrew material, but no promises.
5.   Starting level is 3 (for both groups).

I’m not too worried about party composition and covering every angle, I'd much rather have interesting characters, but if roles are important for you, the two groups have:
  Group 1, heading North by boat (seeking 1 player) - Anti-paladin, Witch and Swashbuckler (plus an oracle NPC-ed by me for now).
  Group 2, soon to leave for the mountains (seeking 2 or so players) - Magus and Bard

If you are interested, PM me your character concept and basic mechanics. If you have any question or comments include them in your PM or post them here.

Blinkin

Well, I'll just say that I'm surprised that there hasn't been any interest in a pathfinder game... Usually, you have to beat us off with a stick! lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, lots views and also people send PM's directly than post in here :P.

Blinkin

Just thinking that it's unusual not to see half a dozen people popping up with post in a PF recruitment thread. Usually, they're hopping with the second or third page by now.

It's just quiet... *eyes shifting about suspiciously* Too quiet... the kinda quiet you get in a wafflehouse just before the roleplayers arrive... the kinda quiet of an empty library at closing... the kinda quiet you find just before something jumps out from a dungeon passage and gobbles up the thief...
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

ThisOneGal

Hello. I'm looking to play a healslut (context), probably a Life Oracle. Would that work in your game?

LSWSjr

"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Blinkin

If I recall the original recruitment thread just allowed piaso material and core races... or at least, I only remember seeing core races offered up for the game(s). At least in my game, I only remember seeing humans and, I think, an elf. Which makes sense, as they had to be able to move among the population and the population is largely the core races who appear goodly in nature.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Hobbes1266

LisztesFerenc

All races are allowed, and homebrew stuff will be considered. In your group Blinkin, Bell wasn't human, she was a modified quasi construct quasi undead creation, and Jewel was a changling.

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

LisztesFerenc

I got some good new players, but others weren't able to join after all, so I am still looking for some fresh blood to help burn down an kingdom.

Tamhansen

Any classes or party roles you're looking for?  I can have something ready in a few hours.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Ron Don Volante

My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

HopeFox

This sounds pretty interesting! I've always wanted to play a character who consorted with devils and/or was big on taking slaves. However, a neutral evil druid is also starting to appeal to me - someone who wanted to see suffering brought to the humanoid races, and was willing to work alongside the cult of Asmodeus to bring that about. I could pursue any of those concepts depending on what would suit the game and the party best, and I'm good with male or female characters.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Tamhansen on July 19, 2016, 05:32:40 AM
Any classes or party roles you're looking for?  I can have something ready in a few hours.

There's two groups that new players could join so any character class or role should be able to find a home.

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 19, 2016, 05:42:16 AM
Count me in! A female character okay?

Yeah, female characters are fine.

Quote from: HopeFox on July 19, 2016, 06:33:03 AM
This sounds pretty interesting! I've always wanted to play a character who consorted with devils and/or was big on taking slaves. However, a neutral evil druid is also starting to appeal to me - someone who wanted to see suffering brought to the humanoid races, and was willing to work alongside the cult of Asmodeus to bring that about. I could pursue any of those concepts depending on what would suit the game and the party best, and I'm good with male or female characters.

Either one of those would fit well. Would the consorter with devils be an arcane caster?

HopeFox

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 19, 2016, 06:59:32 AM
  Either one of those would fit well. Would the consorter with devils be an arcane caster?

Uh, maybe? I don't actually know how to consort with devils in Pathfinder. One moment. *goes to read*

Hmm. I could play a Summoner. That seems to be precisely the right thing for this. So sure!

The way I see him or her working is that they're working their way up through the infernal and mortal hierarchies. They have a very clear idea of their own place in the scheme of things, and will willingly abase themselves to higher powers as part of the scheme, while mercilessly dominating those beneath them. And, naturally, this applies to sex as well. :)

Ron Don Volante

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

HopeFox

Okay, I've thought about it, and I'm definitely keen on playing a summoner, with the Blood Summoner archetype. I'm thinking a female human, with an eidolon that resembles a lilim devil: a beautiful red-skinned humanoid figure with claws. Focus will be Charisma, of course. Foible will be Wisdom, because wise people don't consort with fiends.

If that sounds good for the game, I can get you a sheet later today.

LisztesFerenc

Blood Summoner sounds fun, and I like the appearance you describe. Did you choose the Lilin devil because of its supposed demon connections, or are you going to keep your character's dealings purely in the realm of LE? Either way works.

HopeFox

Glad you like it! The Lilim aspect is mostly because there's no real devil equivalent of the succubus. I do like the idea of a lilim using a mortal summoner to gain power when the rest of Hell distrusts her because of the demonic connection, though.

HopeFox

On creating a sheet:

• Level 3, right?
  • Using the Unchained Summoner or the regular one?
  • What do I start with for gear? Nothing, as per the document, or standard for level 3?

Ron Don Volante

I know how people feel about bards but I really love the idea of a Chelish Diva filled with dark songs about torture, slavery, domination all that good stuff as well as really elaborate sexy combat moves that show off her figure. Maybe looking like this or this.

How's that sound?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: HopeFox on July 19, 2016, 07:38:47 PM
On creating a sheet:

• Level 3, right?
  • Using the Unchained Summoner or the regular one?
  • What do I start with for gear? Nothing, as per the document, or standard for level 3?

Level 3, unchained summoner is fine and you start with 2,000gp + a silver holy symbol of Asmodeus and an iron circlet that allows you to change you appearance (like a hat of disguise).

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 19, 2016, 07:57:29 PM
I know how people feel about bards but I really love the idea of a Chelish Diva filled with dark songs about torture, slavery, domination all that good stuff as well as really elaborate sexy combat moves that show off her figure. Maybe looking like this or this.

How's that sound?

That should certainly work, I like the first picture and the archetype is fun. Would you be going pure bard, or dipping into a martial class? Fighter or maybe one of the Path of War classes?

Ron Don Volante

I think I want to keep it simple and keep her a pure bard... She may cut to a rogue though (still haven't decided yet). What gold/magical items will she have after character creation?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 20, 2016, 07:36:29 AM
I think I want to keep it simple and keep her a pure bard... She may cut to a rogue though (still haven't decided yet). What gold/magical items will she have after character creation?

Assuming you join via the mansion on the moors, you get 2000gp + a silver holy symbol of Asmodeus + an iron circlet that allows you to change your appearance (works like a hat of disguise).