New Lands

Started by Hyde, September 25, 2009, 11:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyde

There is a land far from here. Not of this world and not of this dimension. It is a land of mystery and new civilizations. It is a land of exotic tribes of people and new cultures and the time to explore it has come.

The idea is that an anthropologist (or perhaps a team) from the golden age (think early 1920's) finds a way to jump to this new dimension. As they explore this new world they come across new tribes of beings not exactly human. These tribes will have new and interesting culture (with perhaps a strong sexual undertone) they can be explored documented!

This could be a one on one thing or even a group game. I have a few ideas for tribes and have no problem playing on either side depending on who wants to take what. If it turned into a multi-player game I have no problem GMing the thing.
"I am the chief of sinners"

On/Offs

RedEve

The idea is certainly intriguing, and I would like to hear more. What kind of people will be on the team? And what kind of alternate dimensional tribes did you have in mind?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Hyde

Well I am certainly open for ideas. I like to make the games I run as fun for those who join as myself. For team members I really wasn't planning on restricting the creativity of those who want to participate but I'd like to keep them as just your average normal anthropoligist types. Nothing to extravigant like mutants and such. Knowledge of the spirtual world I could see.

As for the tribes they could be very human like or very alien. Perhaps a tribe of just women or just men who appear similar to humans but have variations. Perhaps skin tone or facial features even perhaps with tails that kinda thing. I'd like to keep them pretty primative in technology standards. Mostly magical or spiritual beings. Still I'd love to hear some idea's for interesting races!

On/Offs

Hyde

Okay I though of a few examples of tribes as I went about my day here would be some examples.

The Tribe of Ish: Their skin is rather pale and they resemble an ancient Celtic tribe, with slight variations of course. This tribe wears no clothing and has Celtic tattoos cross their body to not only serve as decoration but some times even to tell a story of a certain battle they had been in or a marriage to another tribe member. There eyes are impossibly green and their hair color no matter blonde, black or red is just as vibrant. These plains dwellers are know as the children of the blood wheat by other tribes. Mainly because it is all they eat. Much like some of the species in our world they have found a certain plant that provides them with all their nutritional requirements. They use it in every dish if not the only ingredient. Not only is the plant nutritional but it also has a secondary effect serving as an aphrodisiac. Since it is there only food supply the tribe is constantly in a state of sexual desire. This of course shapes their customs. Sex is not seen as taboo or private but just another part of life. Nobody is monogamous and the tribe share each other with no question. Their traditions customs even greetings would be sexual.

This would be an example of one of the more human tribes. Of course there can be other tribes of more elaborate beings should anybody prefer. I would entertain any idea from orcs to elves to a special type of being.

On/Offs

Cosmo_ac

I admit, the idea does sound like it has more then a few possiblities.  Almost like a "Myst" game in some regards.  Consider me interested, if your interested in having a male player, that is.

Saerrael

This sounds very interesting to me. I agree on the part, though, that this may be more fitting for a group RP.
Keeping this thread in my mind while I ponder.

Haibane

This sounds like it should be suited to a group game.

I prefer human/normal elements in a game so if the anthropologists are ordinary scientists from our 1920s earth that will cover that side of it, but I was wondering if any of the tribes would have any powers or magical abilities. I tend to come unravelled quite quick in such circumstances so if it were more a place like the uncharted island from King Kong within the confines of the physics etc of our universe (though not necessarily in our universe) that would be my preference.

Hyde

I have no issues with a group game if you all would like. I have about 5 interested one as of now so it is very much possible. I tend to agree with Haibane giving the tribes just little twists but remaining mostly human like.

So if I made a group game who's in?

On/Offs

Haibane

I am, probably. I have a few O/Os that tend to make me avoid group games unless I organise them, like wishing to write in the first person and not enjoying have cross-gender players in the game but its always best if I let you know these limits up front.

Hyde

I have no problems with you writing in first person and at this point I don't believe I have any cross-gender players but I can double check. I want everybody to enjoy themselves and to feel comfortable  ;D

On/Offs

Haibane

Thank you, that's very sweet of you. I'll lodge my interest then and sit tight to see who else turns up. You could have this thread moved by an Admin to the Groups section?

Hyde

Well actually I have one thread here and one in the groups. I was interested in rolling the game as either but didn't know which one would draw more attention. So those interested can remain here or hop over to the group thing. Either way I'll keep you in the loop.  ;D

On/Offs

Saerrael

Quote from: Haibane on September 26, 2009, 04:16:05 AM
-snip-

I prefer human/normal elements in a game so if the anthropologists are ordinary scientists from our 1920s earth that will cover that side of it, but I was wondering if any of the tribes would have any powers or magical abilities. I tend to come unravelled quite quick in such circumstances so if it were more a place like the uncharted island from King Kong within the confines of the physics etc of our universe (though not necessarily in our universe) that would be my preference.

I'm the exact opposite, so I will step down to not create any problems.