[EX] Dreadful Errors (Looking for Players)

Started by Kane, March 08, 2014, 08:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kane

To begin with, I never really got started with my Roleplays in here. However, I'm here now, and figured I'd run a roleplay as a GM, to begin with, since that's what I really enjoy doing.

Currently looking for: 1-10 characters.

Dreadful Errors, original roleplay.

This roleplay is an 'almost' freeform roleplay with GM controlled instances and some dice rolls that are based on no system but one I've built just for this game. GM will also set the scene.

Disclaimer: This roleplay may include exaggerated violence, gore, rape, non-consentual sexual encounters with 'creatures' and other extreme themes.

The premise: Dreadful Errors is a post apocalyptic roleplay, taking place in alternate-universe setting. In year 2020, large parts of the earth are overrun by mutated creatures, who behave much like zombies, though the danger they pose is far greater. Steel-Arm, weapons manufacturer has come up with a new type of biological weapon, that was supposed to work by causing the enemy soldiers to 'go berserk' and destroy themselves. However, something went wrong in the manufacturing process, causing the 'M-virus' to mutate its victims into what one could only describe as creatures of darkness.

You take the role of a soldier, in a special unit of the international defence force, often dubbed as the humanity's last stand. Your mission is to enter the devastated city of New York, overrun by the mutants. The intel operation has revealed that a group of people, who appear to be immune to the effects of the virus, are stranded there, the answer to vaccinating people against the virus, and the answer to humanity's survival may lie in these people. Unfortunately, as you begin your mission, your group becomes separated as your transport helicopter crash lands. You must locate your team, and in the meantime, survive on your own.

Alternate roles:

Immune: - You are immune to the mutation virus. You are part of ill-equipped group that is doing its best to survive the marauding monsters that creep in the shadows of the ruins of New York. Your only mission is to survive another day, and to hope for rescue.

Steel-Arm agent: - You are part of a small unit sent by the Steel-Arm corporation. Your mission is to secure the safe return of the Immune, so they can be researched to develop a new, more controllable strand of the weapon. Your equipment is of the most advanced technology available. You choose how you reach your goal, by co-operating with the international defence force, or by trying to stop them so you may freely reach your own goals.

The enemy:

The main type of the mutants are the mutated humans, as the virus is designed to affect humans. They are obsidian skinned, with scales covering them from head to toe, completely hairless and generally standing around seven feet tall. Extremely muscular and agile. Their eyes are completely black. They are incredibly fast, strong, agile and durable, making them near unstoppable without weapons. Escaping is your best option, but their physical superiority will make such feat difficult. Best to stay unnoticed. The best way to kill them is a head shot, though enough damage done to the rest of the body may do the trick.

Weremutants are mutated humans that were bitten by an animal during, or just before the mutation process, causing the animal DNA that has entered in their blood stream to affect the mutation. These are rarer, especially in New York, where there aren't many animals to be seen. However they are even more dangerous than your typical mutants, gaining heightened abilities relative to the animal that has been the cause.

While the virus does not mutate animals, it causes them to go berserk and attack pretty much anything alive, other than the mutants It appears the virus is defending itself.

"The virus" - The virus is an offspring of a mutant and a human. This is what many consider to be the true form of the M-Virus. Though they are the rarest of the mutants, seeing as non-mutated humans tend to keep their distance from the mutants, they are by far the most dangerous. The resemblance to humans is almost completely gone from these spiderlike, obsidian black creatures. They travel on eight legs, though each of their legs resemble human arms, more than legs of any animal, having 'hands' at the ends of them, with five fingers and sharp claws at the ends of each finger. They have a human like upper body, protruding from their spider-like torso, like a spider centaur. However, the upper body resembles human one only in shape, obsidian dark like the rest of the creature, it is covered in scales and ridges.

M-Virus

M-virus infects through bites. When an infected mutant bites a non infected one, the virus spreads in their body, gradually turning the victim into a mutant themselves.

There is an effective antidote, which can stop the spreading of a virus, however, it does not grant immunity, nor does it heal damage that's been done. A hand that's been mutated, will remain mutated, for example. There is a limited supply of the antidote.

Kane

Character creation

Name:

Role: (IDF-Soldier, Steel-Arm Agent, or Immune.)

Equipment:

-IDF-Soldier: You may choose a main weapon and a side-arm out of any existing weapons, just make sure you can carry them around with ease. (The GM will not save you when you are trying to run away from a mutant, dragging a minigun after you) You may have up to five explosives, or other throwables. (Grenades, Flash Bang, Smoke Grenade, etc.). You will have food and water to last you for a week in your backback (If conserved properly.) Finally, you will have five syringes of the antidote. The amount of ammunition you will have will depend on the weapons you choose. Feel free to add other personal belongings. (These will have to be approved.)

Steel-Arm agent:  You will have a Steel-Arm manufactured Gauss Rifle. This sniper rifle operates like a rail gun, using magnetic acceleration to propel the bullets. The Gauss Rifle has an inbuilt targeting mechanism that allows you to aim and select your target, and as you squeeze the trigger, the bulet will only fire once the aim is right. A fully automatic pistol developed by Steel-Arm. It has a 30 bullet clip, and can deplete it in one second in fully automatic mode, it has a single firing and burst firing modes as well. You have two weeks worth of food supplies and five syringes of the antidote. You have five clips with ten rounds each for the rifle, and five clips with 30 rounds each for the pistol. Feel free to add other personal belongings. (These will have to be approved.)

-Immune: You will have a handgun of your choise and one clip of ammunition. You will have enough food supplies to last you for two days. Feel free to add other personal belongings. (These will have to be approved.)

Description: (History, Personality, Appearance, Additional details. Feel free to be as descriptive or as short and to a point as you want. Make sure we have some kind of an idea what kind of a character you have, and what do they look like. Feel free to include a picture. Though any soldier will be wearing an uniform, as will any Steel-Arm agent. Immunes may dress as they wish.)

Stats!

You have 30 stats points to distribute to the following stats, the maximum stat is 12 per stat:

Endurance: - How much punishment you can take, how far can you run?
Reflex: - How fast can you react?
Strength: - How strong are you?
Senses: - How keen is your perception?
Agility: - How agile are you?

Kane

Additionally. If you start as a Soldier, you get an immediate start, as soon as I can post you an opening post. Every soldier will start in their own thread to begin with, until they are united with someone. This may take a long while, or happen in the second post. No promises. You do not currently have any way of contacting other members of your group.

If you start as Immune, you choose whether you are part of the 'group' or if you have separated from them. If you are part of it, we must wait for at least 2 more immunes to start off with.

We will need 3 Steel-Arm agents before their thread will be able to get going.

MzHyde

Kane

Quote from: MzHyde on March 08, 2014, 12:25:46 PM
Sounds interesting, I'd like to join up.

Just follow the character sheet to create a character. If you have questions, feel free to post here, or send me a PM.

This is an example character (Do not draw conclusions of my writing ability from this please, I put it together in 5 minutes)

Name: Ham Sandwich

Role: IDF-Soldier

Equipment:
Main weapon: M16 assault rifle.
Side-arm: Beretta M9
Throwable: 2x HE Grenades. 2x Flash bang, 1x Smoke Grenade
Personal belongings: Empty jar of Mayonnaise

Description:
Ham is a 6 foot tall, Caucasian man with black, short hair. His beard is slightly unkempt. His eyes are brown and sharp. His build is quite average.

Ham is 30 years old and has been with the army for all his adult life. His childhood was rather uneventful. He decided to join the IDF after his family became victims of the Virus.

Ham generally keeps to himself, not much of a socialite. He doesn't really care much about the others and his only motivation is to rid the planet of the mutants.

Stats!

Endurance: - 6
Reflex: - 5
Strength: - 8
Senses: - 6
Agility: - 5

Kevben Battleheart

Sounds like a fun game. This sounds like a writing version of a game I used to play on Warcraft: The Frozen Throne, where you could pick a class like a Medic, soldier, engineer, etc, etc, and fought wave after wave of zombies.

Count me interested.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Kane

Quote from: Kevben Battleheart on March 08, 2014, 07:16:43 PM
Sounds like a fun game. This sounds like a writing version of a game I used to play on Warcraft: The Frozen Throne, where you could pick a class like a Medic, soldier, engineer, etc, etc, and fought wave after wave of zombies.

Count me interested.

Zombie Survival from Warcraft has served as a sort of an inspiration here, though there will not be 'waves' of mutants, as they are dangerous enough in ones. Anyway, if I may ask, please say which role you are interested in playing, as that will help me decide when we are ready to start. (As I said, if you are interested in playing IDF, I can get the thread started asap, as IDF soldiers will not initially be a part of any group, and everyone will be in separate threads until meeting someone else. Same goes for immunes that choose to play as separated from group. I'll stress here that playing as an immune outside a group will be extremely tough, as this RP has not been designed to be easy to survive anyway. Don't get too attached to your character.)