Available to play for four weeks

Started by Jester, October 31, 2006, 07:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Hi,

I am looking for a partner to play a game over the next four weeks. I am changing jobs so will have a lot more time on my hands than I have had recently. I am happy to renew old games or else try something new! Below are some ideas:

1. A 1st generation vampire awakens at the bottom of a Vault a la "Fallout" and realises that mankind has forgotten vampire kind. Starting with the vault he/she  begins to change this....

2. The story of the temptress Au - Pere.... She manages to break up a happy family....

3. The girl on the tube.... I see you every day. I sometimes sit next to you. I sometimes sit opposite you. I now know what you wear each day. I love smelling you. I know What your perfume is. What days you wash your hairand what days you pin it up. You are beautiful and I love you. Yet you dont know who I am. I must have you.

4. Grandad? You feel his hand on your chest as he pushes you against the wall. Your next to the door leading to the kitchen where you mum is humming happily to herself as your grandad slides his hand into your panties..you whimper softly...

5. X-Files - The next generation. A new team. One male and the other female. A rapist Alien? One that can control both male and female....

Ixy

Quote from: comedyjester on October 31, 2006, 07:07:03 AM
Hi,

I am looking for a partner to play a game over the next four weeks. I am changing jobs so will have a lot more time on my hands than I have had recently. I am happy to renew old games or else try something new! Below are some ideas:

1. A 1st generation vampire awakens at the bottom of a Vault a la "Fallout" and realises that mankind has forgotten vampire kind.
(...)

5. X-Files - The next generation. A new team. One male and the other female. A rapist Alien? One that can control both male and female....

For me, #1  is a maybe... you're talking 1st gen vampire, as in White Wolf vampire?  Cause I could dig that...
#5 though... Oh, can we?  LOL... That sounds like quite an idea.

If you've sparked interest in other players as well, then I'd be willing to join in.  I rather prefer small groups.

I'll message you with a character idea for Scully v2.0, as it were. 

Jester

That would be great. You are the only one to show interest in that particular one.

No.5 i mean.

I look forward to your ideas.

I see it being about character development, friction and attraction between the two and also it will need to include sex. How do you see it?

Ixy

Quote from: comedyjester on November 01, 2006, 08:50:52 AM
That would be great. You are the only one to show interest in that particular one.

No.5 i mean.

I look forward to your ideas.

I see it being about character development, friction and attraction between the two and also it will need to include sex. How do you see it?

... hm.  Inter-personal tension between foils, particularly if they continue to be the yin and yang of skepticism and faith that those two were in the early show.  Suppressed impusles and sexuality, intrigue, general creepiness... I always preferred the non-grayman episodes.  Sex is a necessity, the more the merrier.  Dry humor, eccentric settings and encounters... all of the above..?

I picture the revamped characters as being something different that the original Mulder/Scully... One should be eccentric, amassing obscure occult lore and conspirancy theory and always looking for the surreal.  The other should be more on the calculative side, insisting on logic to discern the truth.  That's just a necessity.  BUT--

What if this time, one of the partners of the pair completed advanced graduate work in criminal and abnormal psychology..?  I have a friend who got his PhD in it, and the guy did some remarkably crazy "studies" during his grad. days, including first-hand research into tribal ritualism and the use of chemicals in religious practices, an internship with a criminal profiling unit, etc. He or she could actually have experienced some crazy, obscure, even fictional religious practicies and might still adhere to them.

Eh..?  it's a thought... I see Scully2.0 as a modern primitivist at heart behind a very professional facade.  Hm?

Jester

I think your going to keep me on my toes!!

I was just thinking about how sexy Scully was with her big breasts and smart suits immaculate hair!!

I'll try and keep up.

I like your ideas but would like to make the whole thing a lot darker than the tv series. Imagine an x-files where Mulder and Scully actually had skeletons in their closet. They still worked for the fbi but they lead a dark life (or one of them does). Imagine an x-files where turning a corner really could be the end of you.

So sort of an x-files and sin city merge.

Ixy

Oh, don't worry... that goes without saying.  And I hope we can discuss every detail of said big breasts, immaculate hair...  in and out of the game setting ;)

Darker is good.  Perhaps if they took their investigations too far, covering up evidence, performing illegal interrogations...

Let's assume that the skeptic would do anything to prove the truth, including violating ethics and the law.  At the least.

As for the increased danger: absolutely.  Sin City is tough to live up to, but we can try.

Anything else you have in mind?  Ready to start creating characters?