The Elder Scrolls: Brothers at War [Always Room for More]

Started by Black Howling, August 03, 2013, 01:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malrunar

Danke! ;D I'm excited to play her and the giant kitty!

HannibalBarca

Gots me a big ol' Nord that also happens to suffer from lycanthropy, for your perusal:

Name:  Aelfgar Torvaldsen

Race: Nord

Physically:  Late 30s due to exposure from years of trapping
Chronologically 32

Physical Details/Short history:  Aelfgar is a prime specimen of Nord genetics.  Standing at six foot, eight inches, and weighing over two hundred and eighty pounds, his body is a virtual mass of muscle and sinew.  However, despite his bulk, he has incredibly deceptive agility--the result of two decades of hunting fur- and leather-bearing creatures in the icy wilderness, as well as the influence of his unfortunate curse of lycanthropy.  He shows the weathering of the elements in his face, and is stoic and uncomplaining at all times.  His hair is wild and strawberry-blonde, and his piercing eyes are ice-blue.  He has a wise and contemplative mind, which is always warring with the aggressive, berserker/wolfish blood within him, and presents a startling contrast in battle, being a whirlwind of merciless violence and bloodthirsty destruction.  As he is a wereworlf as well as of berserker stock, his tendency towards aggressiveness and violence is difficult to contain, even though he abhors it out of context of the battlefield.  It has gotten him in to trouble several times in the past, which is why he has normally chosen the loner's path of a trapper for most of his adult life.

Aelfgar was the firstborn of Torvald Borensen, a hulking renowned warrior in the King's ranks who achieved notoriety and fame as a berserker and vanguard chieftain.  His mother Herdrya was the only daughter of Hrolfgar the Black, a deceptive name for a congenial man who was famed as a blacksmith all over the realm.  Consequently, Aelfgar, at birth destined to be a large and healthy Nord, was raised in both backgrounds, and steeped in the knowledge and wisdom of weapons and armor, whether crafting or wielding them.

However, what was not revealed was the curse brought down upon him by Hildeld Bregirsdottir, a devotee of Hircine, who had lusted for Torvald since they were teens.  Seeing him married to another brought out her horrifically vindictive side, and she begged for a boon from her deity, which was granted, and Aelfgar the child was born with the curse of lycanthropy.

Having suffered the curse from birth, Aelfgar has been able to adjust to it somewhat, but still shows aggressive tendencies regardless of place or situation.  He can tamp it down for a short time--perhaps an hour or so--but then it comes roaring back all the more powerful, and he then will feel the irresistible urge to change into his wolf form and hunt for some living thing to slake his blood-thirst.

At times Aelfgar has found the need to leave an area in a hurry, due to his blood-thirst claiming some victim of prominence or importance.  He has traveled extensively across the known lands, gaining knowledge in leatherworking and trapping, smithing and languages.  He is convivial and does not take race or appearance into consideration, only personal behavior and deeds.  He has struggled to create a personality that is counter to his hidden curse, as kind and friendly as his wolf half is brutal and destructive.

He is a great smith on account of his grandfather's teachings and has the ability to enchant his creations, although not in ways that would be spectacular, such as enflaming them or granting them the power to glow with light or electricity.  His enchantments are of the practical sort--unbreakability, exceptional and lasting keenness, and often a lightening of the blade to afford greater ease of use for smaller or non-Nord female users of Nord-sized weapons.  While he has made good money from selling his forged creations in the past, he is primarily a trapper and has become quite skilled at the value and type of furs and skins that come his way.  He is much more adept at trapping than selling his wares, however.  He obviously uses his trapping career as an outlet for his lycanthropy, often hunting game in his were-form, or seizing those he has caught in traps, helpless to escape him, to slake his thirst for blood.

Regardless of his curse, Aelfgar is a considerate and generous man to his friends and allies, as his culture and family has taught him.  He has served several stints as a sell-sword to various Jarls and lords of other lands, and has built up a good name for himself as a worthy warrior--if he hasn't built up a name for himself as a dangerous and deadly were-beast in the locale as well.  At present, during these times of seemingly-new troubles, he is seeking a place for himself where he could be of some use, finally deciding he is ready to exist with others--for the time being.  The truth is, he hungers for companionship, having spent so much of his life alone in the woods with his curse and his prey.

Core Combat Skills*:

•       One-handed -- Swords, daggers and knives, axes, maces, hammers...can dual-wield, but only with dagger, knife, or axe in his off-hand
  •       Two-Handed -- Swords, axes, hammers
  •       Unarmed -- Primarily learned through his experience as a werewolf
  •       Heavy Armor -- Mail and plate armors, but not shield...he isn't a shield-warrior
Core Supplementary Skills:

•       Sneak
  •       Smithing
  •       Enchantment
Secondary Skills:

•       Restoration -- Minor healing abilities--stopping bleeding, closing wounds, but not removing poison or other serious maladies.
  •       Speech --A great traveler, Aelfgar has managed to learn at least a half-dozen foreign languages to the point of understanding, if not fluency.
Starting Equipment:

•       Krizin's Parer -- A large enchanted knife given to him by an old orc friend and fellow trapper.  No notable powers other than an undullable blade and near-unbreakability.  Aelfgar uses this for skinning and preparing kills as well as combat.  Almost like a friend to him.  Always sheathed on his thigh.
  •       Untamed -- His personally-forged sword, it conforms in appearance to any typical Nordic blade, but also bears enchantments of unbreakability and sharpness.  He is never without Untamed at his side in a scabbard of his own crafting.
  •       Vilifier -- A great broad-axe.  Its haft is over four feet in length, and the tapered blade extends out a foot and nearly two feet down into a point.  The haft is wrapped in the finest cured leathers for optimal gripping.  As with his other weapons, it only holds enchantments of great durability and keenness.  He normally stows it on his mount, left side.
  •       Final Word -- His favorite war-weapon, a huge two-handed war-hammer.  Its great blunt head is scribed with runes describing his family's deeds, and it is backed with a cruelly-sharp spike nearly a foot and a half long.  Leather-wrapped haft.  Armorless opponents get the hammer side; armored opponents either.  Enchanted with spells of durability and sharpness (the spike).  He will stow this on his back, and if needed slip off its carrying straps to ready it.
  •       Curseless -- His two-handed broadsword.  A great, four-and-a-half foot blade over four inches wide at the snow-tiger tusk hilts.  Forged by his own hand, as are all of his weapons, its pommel is a smoothed, worked ball-peen for use in combat if the need arises.  Enchanted for durability and sharpness.  Stowed on his mount, right side.
  •       Three standard spears for using during hunting.  Stowed on his pack horse.
  •       Mail hauberk -- An heirloom gift from a Jarl whom he worked for as a sell-sword, successfully aiding in leading and defending his keep during an invasion by a neighboring enemy.  Fine steel links and a shimmering appearance reveal some enchantments, preventing rust, and absorbing a small amount of the inertia from strikes on the wearer.
  •       Plate armor accoutrements -- Plate segments forged by Aelfgar for additional protection when wearing his hauberk.  A cuirass, pauldrons, helm, thigh plates, gauntlets, and sabatons, all blackened at the forge.  When geared in all of it, he is a fairly imposing sight.
  •       Minnefat -- His mount, a stallion as bulky as he is, and necessarily so to carry him.  He goes without barding due to his heavy load.  A trained war-horse accustomed to the sights, sounds, and smells of battle.  Nearly ten years of age.
  •       Terious -- A large draft horse who has been with him even longer than Minnefat.  While docile and powerful, he is not war-trained and merely hefts much of Aelfgar's catches and gear.
  •       462 Septims -- Besides just selling a good season's worth of furs, Aelfgar is a conscientious saver of money for rainy days and that rare enchanting material.
  •       Snow tiger fur cloak -- a pristine example of his skill at both hunting and eye for quality in furs.
Ritual Stone: The Lord's stone: Increases endurance against both Physical and Magical Attacks.

Faction Affiliations: None, though leaning toward the Dragon Born's Heir.  Always a practical man, he believes that the disappearance of Valania for a period of ten months would possibly allow her to conceive and birth a child who he can only see as being Baldr, which would place him as the elder brother, and thus the rightful heir to the throne.  Of course, Baldr would still be a bastard, but not one conceived in dishonor behind Ulfric's back.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Malrunar

HannibalBarca

Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Malrunar

Try it, and figure out how well that'll work. <_<

HannibalBarca

Hmm...maybe just skin him then...he does have a pretty coat... :P
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Malrunar

*Rolls up her sleeves* Prepare for a headbutting!

HannibalBarca

I don't think your head can reach his...or mine, for that matter!  Maybe go for a hamstring...
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Malrunar

The headbutt comes after I've knocked your too-tall ass to your knees.

raptorlady80

I'm very interested in playing too if you are still looking for players.  I can actually be put anywhere that is needed.  Below is my character...

Name: Iljana Horviksdotter

Physical details/history: Iljana stands fairly tall at 5’ 10” and is rather curvy.  Medium length dark red hair frames strong, yet feminine features.  Clear, emerald green eyes brighten up her otherwise pale skin. Iljana grew up an only daughter in a family with four brothers.  Iljana’s mother studied at the college in winterhold before she was born.  She eventually moved to Markarth and met Iljana’s father.  Her mother, Svana is now one of the local alchemist/herbalist and taught her the those skills as well as how to do enchantments.   To her mother’s disappointment, she has very little innate magical abilities other than the practical skilled ones.

Iljana’s father works as a Black Smith and has taught his daughter the trade.  Iljana takes after her father more than her mother.  She showed an eagerness to hunt and has become rather proficient with a bow as well as having the strength to wield a great axe.  Iljana however desires not to stay at home to be someones brood mare, nor be bound to hearth and home.  When she came of age, Iljana began to go on hunting trips alone and to explore the caves and ruins in the countryside. 

Core Combat Skill Options:  Two Handed, Archery, Heavy Armor, Light Armor
Core Supplemental Skill Options: , Lockpicking, Enchantment, Smithing,
Secondary Skill Options: Alchemy, sneak

Items: 
Ice Wraith – First enchanted great axe that was given to her.  Enchanted to do cold damage.
FireStorm – This bow glows a deep blood red and is enchanted to bestow fire damage to arrows
Quiver of arrows (includes 3 daedric arrows)
Hunting Dagger
45 Septims
Set of polished ebony armor enchanted for added strength (+10)
Set of forsworn armor enchanted with sneak bonus
Potions: minor health x3, vigorous health x1, invisibility x1,
Approximately 15 random jewels of various quality.

Black Howling

Hannibal: Love the none circle werewolf type, and only have one problem. Block isn't needed or parries, I find that is part of normal swordsmanship. I can't use a shield for shit, and that is what the block skill is for; but I'm an experienced fencer. Remove it if you don't plan to use a shield, even replace it with unarmed or archery if you like. Approved in my eyes otherwise.

Raptor: I see no problems with your character, and already like her quite a bit. You have my apporval.

One of my two Co-Gm's will have to give their approval on the matter, however. So till they can get on, you can't post your characters in the approved section to begin roleplaying.

Eternal Blade

Hanibal, besides what Howling mentioned, I noticed you didn't record any gold or treasure he may have on his person. Is it that he doesn't have any?

Raptor, I don't see anything wrong with your character, you're all set in my book. That makes two GM's who have approved you, go ahead and move her over to the 'Adventurer's' thread.

Yggdrasil, I do apologize for how long I've kept you waiting on Drake. She's approved. I meant to approve her some time ago, but got lost in a couple of big books.

HannibalBarca

I'll give Aelfgar Unarmed, considering his werewolf form fights with his fangs and claws.

As for treasure...no, his treasures are his smithing tools, his weapons and armor, and his horses.  I'll say he's got a good amount of gold as an expert trapper and trader of furs...is 400-500 gold sound good for that?  He's thrifty, self-reliant, and saves his money for important rare items he needs to craft enchantments or weapons.  He isn't the kind of guy to be interested in jewelry, but perhaps he'd have a family ring or two--maybe one from each side, representing the union of the two families.
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Malrunar

Eternal: If it ever comes down between me or books, choose books ever time! Let me know what you're reading at the Tavern! 8D And thanks for the approval, friend!

Black Howling

Quote from: HannibalBarca on August 20, 2013, 12:22:12 AM
I'll give Aelfgar Unarmed, considering his werewolf form fights with his fangs and claws.

As for treasure...no, his treasures are his smithing tools, his weapons and armor, and his horses.  I'll say he's got a good amount of gold as an expert trapper and trader of furs...is 400-500 gold sound good for that?  He's thrifty, self-reliant, and saves his money for important rare items he needs to craft enchantments or weapons.  He isn't the kind of guy to be interested in jewelry, but perhaps he'd have a family ring or two--maybe one from each side, representing the union of the two families.

Sounds good to me. With those changes he's all set to be moved over. Apologies for the delay with this, Blade's computer hit BSOD yesterday and inventory coupled with the server move has made it impossible for me to post.

Lady Lunarius

I approve!!!!!! >.>

Oh and btw my hell of a week is almost over woohoo!!!

With that my focus should be on the game more now!
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Eternal Blade

Quote from: HannibalBarca on August 20, 2013, 12:22:12 AM

Quote from: Yggdrasil on August 20, 2013, 08:49:50 AM
Eternal: If it ever comes down between me or books, choose books ever time! Let me know what you're reading at the Tavern! 8D And thanks for the approval, friend!

Sounds fine to me.

Quote from: Yggdrasil on August 20, 2013, 08:49:50 AM

Oh, I probably won't. I'll let you know in a bit what I've been reading.

Black Howling

I Love the characters we have so far, and just sending out a message to those that may be wondering. We're still looking for more players, this game can handle plenty more. We haven't even scratched the number of holds we can play with yet. So we still want you. Anyone is welcome, if you can't find a pairing, I or one of the other GM's may be willing to make one for you.

Lady Lunarius

Name: Rhiley

Physical Details/Short history: Standing at 6'4" Rhiley has well formed muscles from years of hard labor. His thick raven hair is lightly speckled with white. He keeps his beard well trimmed and constantly strives to keep his agility at its peak. He typically has an amused look in his dark eyes, which show a wisdom would expect of a man who'd lived a long hard life.

As a boy, Rhiley was always the mischief maker. He enjoyed taking small treats and trinkets from nobles and vendors. As the oldest of seven children, it was up to him to put food on the table after his father left in the dead of night. His younger siblings were too young when he first started stealing for their meals. He'd take small things most nobles wouldn't miss, fencing them with a local trader, and using the money to pay for food. One night while he was staking out a potential meal ticket he found himself bound and blindfolded before being knocked unconscious.

When he awoke, he was questioned by a masked man, scared and unsure of his fate, Rhiley told the truth. Plain and simple and the man seemed to pity the young boy he was interrogating. Released and taken home, Rhiley found that his family had food, new clothes and septims for more as well as what it would cost to pay their living expenses. As with all things this didn't come free. Before he knew it, he was dragged in with the thieves guild. Odd jobs being sent his way. As a younger more nimble male, he wasn't eyed as much by the guards. He could easily slip in and out of places and always seemed to impress their leader.

Taken under their wing, Rhiley let those within the guild raise him, learning all he could about sword fighting, sneaking, as well as lock picking. Which made his slipping in and out of homes much easier the more fluid his movements became with practice. From time to time he started to take on heavier jobs, rising in the ranks until leader before him died. Finally his hard work had paid off, or so it seems. The situation regarding his leadership over the guild is complicated and secretive. None knowing the truth besides Rhyst and himself.

Core Combat Skills*:

• One Handed
  • Archery
  • Light Armor

Core Supplementary Skills:

• Sneak
  • Lock Picking
  • Pick Pocketing
  • Speech
Secondary Skills:

• Thu'um
  • Alchemy
  • Smithing
Starting Equipment:

• Nightingale Armor
  • Twin long daggers
  • Short Sword
  • Daggers in various orifices of his armor.
  • Silver Amulet with Nocturnal's symbol
  • 400 Septims (on hand)
  • Ring of Regeneration
Faction Affiliations: Thieves Guild, Nightingales

Standing Stones: The Lords Stone
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Luna, you ain't getting my stamp of approval until you at-least list all the equipment he almost always has on his person.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Nim

~laughs~  this debate ought to be interesting to watch.

Eternal Blade

Luna, why don't you have his wealth listed? You know coins, jewels, etc.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Eternal Blade on August 29, 2013, 12:45:28 AM
Luna, why don't you have his wealth listed? You know coins, jewels, etc.

But but but....*cries*
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Malrunar