Started by undisclosedtoyou, July 26, 2010, 06:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Charmed at Last

Hear now the words of the witches. 
The secrets we hid in the night. 
The oldest of spells are invoked here. 
The great gift of magic is sought. 
In this night and in this hour I call upon the ancient power. 
Bring your powers to we brothers three! 
We want the power! 
Give us the power!

This is an interest check for a, you guessed it, charmed RP.  I'm sure many of you remember that television show about three sisters who find out they're really witches and become a triad, charmed, destined to fight for the greater good.  Or in other words, to kick ass and save the day/world/or relationship whatever may get in their way.  I always loved the premise of that show, but there are already so many charmed based games out there in the internetz that actually playing in one seemed sort of generic.  So this is my idea to kick it up a notch and shake up the basic premise of the charmed universe, which will basically make this game AU. 

Instead of three sisters, we have three Warren brothers.  All with three very different lives, and three very different outlooks on life.  But when they're forced together after the death of their grandfather, the man who raised them after their single father died, they're faced with the fact that they have to confront their own issues with each other so that they can figure out what they will do with the manor and goods left to them in their grandfathers will.  It's also during this time that they find out more about themselves than they ever thought possible. 

I want to call this an anti-Charmed game, but that wouldn't exactly describe it correctly, it's more a charmed story with a male spin on it.  Each of the guys will start off with one power, and eventually as the story progresses, they will develop more powers.   And there are plenty of spots for females in this story; Can we say demons, and love interests?

Characters

Main

Oldest Warren Brother: Jason Warren
Middle Warren Brother: James Warren
Youngest Warren Brother: Jacob Warren

Supporting

White Lighter/Handy(wo)man: Katherine Wyatt
Investigator/Long time family friend: Emily Winters
Free Spot(Can be anything): Open

Evil

Illusion Demon: Gisele Ashland
Demon: Open

Game Links

Character Thread
OOC Thread

Useful links

Charmed Wikia
About Charmed Powers
List of Powers

[Edit]Added a list of characters 7/26, Added two characters 7/27[/Edit]
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

LimitlessNikkie

oh playing a demon sounds fun. I'm interested but not sure yet will check back in later see how this develops, didn't watch a ton of Charmed so don't know if I'll be able to pull this off.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on July 26, 2010, 09:15:20 PM
oh playing a demon sounds fun. I'm interested but not sure yet will check back in later see how this develops, didn't watch a ton of Charmed so don't know if I'll be able to pull this off.

I'm sure you will, plus that wikia link has descriptions of epi's, so if you get lost, that can help.  Or I can help of course :)

I hope this garners interest.  If it doesn't than I can change the concept around.  I'm open to suggestions from everyone.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crovonovin

I think I'll state my interest in taking up the part of the Middle Warren brother.  In the meantime I'll peruse some wikias for more information!  Will you be attempting to loosely follow the plot of the show, making changes to make up for the altered genders, or do you have a different series of events in mind?

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'd definately be interested, probably for the youngest brother.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Shihong on July 26, 2010, 09:51:59 PM
I think I'll state my interest in taking up the part of the Middle Warren brother.  In the meantime I'll peruse some wikias for more information!  Will you be attempting to loosely follow the plot of the show, making changes to make up for the altered genders, or do you have a different series of events in mind?

That's what I'm still churning over in my mind.  I want to loosely follow the plot of the show with obvious changes because of gender; but I don't know if people would find that boring or not.  I'm leaning more towards just setting the background up, and letting the players take it where they will, with me throwing in demons and the such of course.

I'd love to have you take the middle brother :) 

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on July 26, 2010, 09:52:41 PM
I'd definately be interested, probably for the youngest brother.

And I'd definitely love to have you as the youngest *Offers all interested brownies!*

As for ages, I'm thinking the brothers can be in their early twenties to early thirties, the youngest born in 1988 or before, so no brother is younger than 22.

I'd be playing the role of their White Lighter, which should be really fun :)

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

LimitlessNikkie

*takes brownie mmm* I looked over the wikia looks fun I'll play a demon

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on July 26, 2010, 11:51:22 PM
*takes brownie mmm* I looked over the wikia looks fun I'll play a demon

Yayyy.  I put the two younger Warren Brother spots, and one demon spot as tentatively taken for now. 

I think this game will be really fun :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Craz

I'd like to take the oldest brother, please! :)

Crovonovin

A question:  Did you have any basic personality traits in mind for the three brothers, or are we basically being left to concoct whatever persona we want?  I ask only because it seems like the original three girls had a sort of dynamic going, and want to know if you're looking for something similar, or at least personalities that both balance and conflict with one another.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Craz on July 27, 2010, 12:14:54 AM
I'd like to take the oldest brother, please! :)

That would be great!  I'd love to have you in this game :)

Quote from: Shihong on July 27, 2010, 12:17:27 AM
A question:  Did you have any basic personality traits in mind for the three brothers, or are we basically being left to concoct whatever persona we want?  I ask only because it seems like the original three girls had a sort of dynamic going, and want to know if you're looking for something similar, or at least personalities that both balance and conflict with one another.

You're all free to concoct(btw I love that word) your characters personalities, but you're right, I do want them to have an interesting dynamic going on, although it doesn't have to be like the sister's personalities at all.  So it would be ideal if you all talked among yourselves to come up with what kind of dynamic you all want.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Craz

Awesome! :) This looks like a ton of fun.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Craz on July 27, 2010, 12:31:21 AM
Awesome! :) This looks like a ton of fun.

Awesome, I'm glad it's seen as fun, since that was my intention :)

I'll have a character thread up either tonight or tomorrow.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Oh, the Character thread reminds me of something.  I was thinking about putting this game in Light, but if anyone can see a reason for a different category, let me know.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crovonovin

At present I don't see any reason why it would get much heavier than that.  I suppose it all depends on the respective tastes of the rest of the group, but also on where you planned for the story to go.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Shihong on July 27, 2010, 01:04:27 AM
At present I don't see any reason why it would get much heavier than that.  I suppose it all depends on the respective tastes of the rest of the group, but also on where you planned for the story to go.

Well, right now I have sit down and write down where I want this story to go; A settled plot, arc's, demons, goals, planting literary hints randomly, etc.  But all in all, I think I'll settle with Light.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

LimitlessNikkie

undisclosedtoyou

The character thread is up, so when you can go on over to build your character.  The link to the thread can be found in the first post of this thread, under game links.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

LimitlessNikkie

Working on my character sheet how do you want the demons to handle powers? The Wiki lists sparkling and energy balls as the only norms but make referance to the demons having other powers as well. Also can I do a Demon whos half human?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on July 27, 2010, 03:00:32 AM
Working on my character sheet how do you want the demons to handle powers? The Wiki lists sparkling and energy balls as the only norms but make referance to the demons having other powers as well. Also can I do a Demon whos half human?

Basically any offensive power can work for a demon, but if in doubt, if you click on the power listed, it might give you a description saying whether a Demon can have those powers.  If it doesn't say, than feel free to ask me about a power, and I'll tell you if a demon can have it in this game.  For the most part I'm okay with anything, with the exception of powers that are specific to say whitelighters or other good creatures/beings.  Sparkling, is technically a power only neutral beings have, like the cleaners.  Shimmering is a more demonic mode of transfer, if your looking for one.  And I have no problem with your charrie being half human.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crovonovin

I've posted up James Warren, who I imagine might be a very different sort of character than what you were expecting.  I foresee some very interesting interactions, but if you feel he doesn't fit I'll see what I can do about changing things around.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Shihong on July 27, 2010, 04:32:13 PM
I've posted up James Warren, who I imagine might be a very different sort of character than what you were expecting.  I foresee some very interesting interactions, but if you feel he doesn't fit I'll see what I can do about changing things around.

He's nothing like Piper...or even Phoebe, who turned into the middle sister.  But that doesn't bother me at all.  The point was that the guys would have all new and interesting personalities, and your character is indeed new and interesting!

I'm working on my character right now, should be done tonight, sometime.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

And yay, my character is done and up!  The Warren Brothers officially have their whitelighter!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Third post in a row, I know, annoying right :P

But we just got our first Demon character!  Sweet!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Craz

I've posted Jase Warren's bio. If there's anything that needs changing or anything, tell me!