News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Replacements (F/F Sci-fi Military)

Started by Chrystal, November 10, 2014, 03:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

TAKEN

So, having watched a cheesy sci-fi movie I have a sudden urge to do the following story:

The year is 2584, there is a major interstellar war going between Earth's colonies and [Someone else]. Our two characters are two troopers being transferred to a front-line unit. Now, while I want the two characters to be pretty bad-ass,I am seriously opposed to over-powered characters, over-heroic characters, and in particular "Mary Sue" characters.

Our girls are just a couple of ordinary gruntetts, (is that a word? Well it is now), who more through luck than anything else happen to get into a dangerous behind-enemy-lines adventure that results in them saving the day.

Okay, it sounds a bit contrived, but look at it this way: In war, there are people who do heroic things, simply because if they don't, they will die. These are usually ordinary people forced into extraordinary circumstances. And these are the people who gety the medals, who save the day, not because they are anything special, but because they are not!

This is what I want to portray: two perfectly ordinary girls. probably friends, perhaps even lovers, who end up becoming unwilling heroines.

In fact, that might even be a better title for the story: "Unwilling Heroines".

The war itself needs to be sci-fi. But please, no lasers, phasers or ray-guns. Combat armour needs to be fairly light, flexible and agile, but can also be powered. No mecha though. Our unit is an infantry unit.

As for who we are fighting, this is open for discussion. Can be aliens, can be humanoids, or bugs, or reptiles. Can be mechanoids if you like. Or it could even be the most fearsome predator in the universe: Homo Sapiens. Lets face it we've fought ourselves as a species more often than we've fought aliens...! So, it could just as well be human v human, if you like.

FEMALE PLAYERS ONLY please.

If interested, please PM me.

The story is likely to go into "Extreme" purely for the level of violence.

I will check out the posts and O/Os of anyone interested. I don't do things on "First Come First Served". If I don't think we will write well together, or I don't think your style matches what I'm looking for in this scenario, I will tell you.

Thanks for reading.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!