Yu-gi-oh Creator terminates U.S. Deal and sues for millions.

Started by Wolfy, March 31, 2011, 01:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Sabby

Oniya

Chapter 11 bankruptcy is different from Chapter 7.  In Chapter 7 the business ceases operations, a trustee sells all of its assets, and then distributes the proceeds to its creditors. Any residual amount is returned to the owners of the company. In Chapter 11, in most instances the debtor remains in control of its business operations as a debtor in possession, and is subject to the oversight and jurisdiction of the court.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Yorubi

Quote"We want to assure our clients, business partners and licensees that during the pendency of the bankruptcy, 4Kids will continue to provide the same level of service and dedication that it has in the past," said Michael Goldstein, interim Chairman of 4Kids Entertainment, Inc.
Don't worry now, they will continue to provide their same level of terrible service!  ;D

GanonDwarf

On the bright side. At least they don't have Yu-gi-oh anymore.
My ons/offs Updated:Feb.14, 2020
AbsencesUpdated:Feb 5th, 2019
Fandom Request Thread!

Wolfy

Still..they avoided the Lawsuit by filing for Bankruptcy.

..Classy. :D

Brandon

Even if they avoided a lawsuit they'll have problems getting business in the future. Once you get caught in the act few businesses will want anything to do with you for fear of something similar happening to their product
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

SinXAzgard21

In a way 4Kids played the system correctly by filing for bankruptcy... They are still douche bags who provide horrid service...  I do hope 4Kids does get removed from what ever channel it is on so that something else 'hopefully' less crappy, doubtful, will be in place for all the children that don't have access to the internet...... Though hopefully the parents are not that demented. (I don't watch t.v. anymore as the interwebz provide me with what I need) 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Brandon on April 11, 2011, 01:26:25 AM
Even if they avoided a lawsuit they'll have problems getting business in the future. Once you get caught in the act few businesses will want anything to do with you for fear of something similar happening to their product

Anyone they deal with would either be desperate or.. so wicked in their contract that if 4Kids sneezes on a proof without permission they'd invoke contract penalties..

Seriously, do you see anyone trusting them without a contract that could castrate on command?

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 31, 2011, 01:52:55 PM
Well it's what happens when the execs decide they need to 'change' things.

Definitely the reason the programming has gone down hill in several channels (Sci-fi to.. SHUDDER Sy-Fy.. was done to 'get out of the 'our viewers live in the basment' dynamic supposedly)

I think Firefly, The Tick, Futurama, Family Guy all suffered from Exec Meddling.
Not entirely.

See for things like Anime, there are rules of cartoon animation set up during the mid to late 40's, and got expanded on in the 50's, which also got enforced at certain points and ignored at others.  The major one is no death or blood.  Also, the morality of the program has to fit within certain forms.  Which most Japanese animations don't follow, not needing to, having different rules in Japan (The main one being that most Anime is not for children.  It's aimed at ages between 14-24, depending on the theme.  There are some kids anime, of course, but that doesn't end up as popular.)  So to make it fit within the rules for Television (Which are so out of date, it's not funny) they have to cut out certain things.

Which is why ALL American channels butcher most popular anime.  They HAVE to, otherwise it doesn't get aired, and they don't get the commercial revenue they want.  And although they can let certain things slip, when it's as high profile as Anime, the networks HAVE to watch their steps.

As for Firefly et al.  Not all of them were the fault of the 'execs' as everyone loves to blame.  With Firefly for example, Joss Whedon lost interest with the series (Penning all of 2 or 3 episodes, and not directing a single one, if I remember correctly), but the fact that Fox bounced it's show time didn't help.  Family Guy is a special case.  Although the viewership was there, it was often played at the same time as Fraiser or Friends, or Survivor.  So what people did was record the show to watch it later.  So when people were polled about what they were watching at such and such a time, to the Networks it LOOKED like no one was watching it.  Which now with the advent of DVRs and such, they old polling system needs to be reworked.

The issue with the Tick is that there is none.  After three seasons, it did amazingly well for a Kid's Show.  Lasting longer than most that aren't based on toys or other marketing gimmicks.  And even then, some shows barely make it past one season.

As for Futurama, despite the fact that Fox hated the show, it lasted an amazing 4 seasons and spawned five movies, so this is another one that went about as well, or better than it should have.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Oniya

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 11, 2011, 03:39:05 PM
Not entirely.

See for things like Anime, there are rules of cartoon animation set up during the mid to late 40's, and got expanded on in the 50's, which also got enforced at certain points and ignored at others.  The major one is no death or blood.  Also, the morality of the program has to fit within certain forms.  Which most Japanese animations don't follow, not needing to, having different rules in Japan (The main one being that most Anime is not for children.  It's aimed at ages between 14-24, depending on the theme.  There are some kids anime, of course, but that doesn't end up as popular.)  So to make it fit within the rules for Television (Which are so out of date, it's not funny) they have to cut out certain things.

Which is why ALL American channels butcher most popular anime.  They HAVE to, otherwise it doesn't get aired, and they don't get the commercial revenue they want.  And although they can let certain things slip, when it's as high profile as Anime, the networks HAVE to watch their steps.

Look up 'banned Pokemon episode' for an example.  There's one where James cross-dresses for a bikini contest, and points out that he's got bigger boobs than Misty.   ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Yorubi

Quote from: Oniya on April 11, 2011, 04:48:42 PM
Look up 'banned Pokemon episode' for an example.  There's one where James cross-dresses for a bikini contest, and points out that he's got bigger boobs than Misty.   ;D
Omg really? XD Haha I wish they shows that stuff here.

TheGlyphstone

Ironwolf85

why does this make me think of that episode of south park where they deal with movie re-writes.
"coming to a theartre near you, saving private ryan remake, all the guns have been replaced with walkie talkies"

screen: "NEW STAR WARS RELEASE! updated and in full HD"
kids: "yay, Awesome, kick ass"
Screen "with the entire cast replaced with ewoks, and lightsabers replaced with candy canes!"
kids: "..............awww"

the producers in question were killed when a remake of indiana jones was so bad it slaughtered them and everyone in the audence ark of the covanant style.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 11, 2011, 03:39:05 PM

The issue with the Tick is that there is none.  After three seasons, it did amazingly well for a Kid's Show.  Lasting longer than most that aren't based on toys or other marketing gimmicks.  And even then, some shows barely make it past one season.

No no no.. Tick LIVE ACTION.. not the longer running (and just as funny) cartoon series.

Wolfy

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on April 11, 2011, 06:49:43 PM
why does this make me think of that episode of south park where they deal with movie re-writes.
"coming to a theartre near you, saving private ryan remake, all the guns have been replaced with walkie talkies"

screen: "NEW STAR WARS RELEASE! updated and in full HD"
kids: "yay, Awesome, kick ass"
Screen "with the entire cast replaced with ewoks, and lightsabers replaced with candy canes!"
kids: "..............awww"

the producers in question were killed when a remake of indiana jones was so bad it slaughtered them and everyone in the audence ark of the covanant style.

Don't forget the Indiana Jones 4 episode where Lucas and Spielberg were incarcerated for raping Indy. :D

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 11, 2011, 07:09:26 PM

No no no.. Tick LIVE ACTION.. not the longer running (and just as funny) cartoon series.
Live action kid shows tend not to last long.  Rule of the road sadly.  Doesn't matter if adults like it, it was aimed for kids.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 18, 2011, 05:30:28 PM
Live action kid shows tend not to last long.  Rule of the road sadly.  Doesn't matter if adults like it, it was aimed for kids.

Have you SEEN the live action show? Seriously?

One of the episodes dealt with the death of a hero named the Immortal..he died SCREWING American Maid.. it was HILARIOUS. :D