Auto formatting in the post reply

Started by BitterSweet, September 17, 2012, 05:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BitterSweet

Recently it seems like there's been some change on how the formating of replies works.  Now, when I'm working in the reply box and I check (for example) the I for italics, instead of showing the word bracketed by the [i]italic[/i] the word shows up in italic and without the bracket indicator(like this italic).  In other words, instead of default showing me the code, it's showing me the results of the coding.  Which I'm not so fond of.

In addition, when I cut/paste from a word document, the post reply box is formatting these huge paragraph breaks automatically - instead of my line breaks it's formating some default paragraph breaks. Also, not fond of this.

Is there some way to go back to the older system that doesn't format for me in the post reply box, but only formats the final product after I hit post?

Sorry, I think this is not clear.

GothicFires

looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

BitterSweet

firefox.  Win 7 and, in one case Word 03 and the other Lotus Symphony (freeware) and it does it in both.

Nice icon BTW!

Kye

Go to your profile and check in Look and Layout.  One of the bottom options is "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default."  Make sure that is not checked. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

BitterSweet

Thanks - that was the problem.  I wonder how it got checked?