News:

Main Menu

Browncoats Unite!!!

Started by Greenwoodtree, February 01, 2015, 07:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sindara

Quote from: Avis habilis on February 06, 2015, 10:14:09 AM
If you put them in the wiki, only approved members would be able to follow the link to them.

Ok. My pic is on the wiki, but what would i use as the link on here to the pic?
20141123_104600.jpg
Would that be it?
Ons and Offs.......

vin26m

Quote from: Sindara on February 06, 2015, 08:34:58 PM
20141123_104600.jpg
Would that be it?

I got you.  Amazing resemblance.  Not sure why it's turned like that or how to fix it.

How it's done, for future reference:

[img height=400]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/e/e8/20141123_104600.jpg[/img]

Stella

Fantastic cosplay, Sindara!  You look just like Kaylee!

MasterMischief

Greenwoodtree

OMG! Are you going to dress like that when you meet Jewel at the Con?
"Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice.  Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart."

Let's only say what our Hearts desire.
~Rumi

My Requests:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243061.0
My Apologies: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224775.0
My Preferences:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=56044

Sindara

Definitely meeting Kaylee as Kaylee. My hair should be long enough by then to have down. Thanks Vin!
Ons and Offs.......

vin26m

Quote from: Sindara on February 07, 2015, 02:37:48 PM
Definitely meeting Kaylee as Kaylee. My hair should be long enough by then to have down. Thanks Vin!

You're welcome.  Please take pics of you and Jewel.

Sindara

Ok, so it's been a long while, but I did get my pic with Jewel! She was riding a golf cart along the photo op line and when she saw me our eyes met and her mouth dropped a bit. The celeb next to her saw me too and quickly said something to her....I'm taking that as validation. But am I allowed to post a pic of me and a celebrity on here?
Ons and Offs.......

vin26m

Quote from: Sindara on June 12, 2015, 11:14:23 PM
Ok, so it's been a long while, but I did get my pic with Jewel! She was riding a golf cart along the photo op line and when she saw me our eyes met and her mouth dropped a bit. The celeb next to her saw me too and quickly said something to her....I'm taking that as validation. But am I allowed to post a pic of me and a celebrity on here?

Welcome back.

I don't see why not.

wander

Quote from: Sindara on February 06, 2015, 08:34:58 PM
20141123_104600.jpg
Would that be it?

Wow, thats an amazing cosplay! @__@  XD

Can't believe it took this long to see it!

CuriousEyes

This Zombie-thread has shambled along and gobbled me up. I actually just last week watched the Firefly episodes on a whim - well, most of them. I skipped Jaynestown (which I've always found a bit weak and the series actually doesn't need to still make sense) and the last episode because it's too downer of a note for me to ever make it through because I always just end up going "why was it cancelled!?"

Anecdote(s) I recently learned although I think it's pretty common knowledge and I'm just out of anything resembling "the loop" - the character of Inara Serra was recast on something like the second day of shooting because the original actress in the role had no chemistry with any of the cast. And apparently had the series been able to continue, Inara was terminally ill (a point which seems to be dropped for the post-series materials of the movie and the graphic novels) - there are a few points in the series where they kind of allude to it and once you know you can understand them better in context.

And I figure this is a good place to ask - are the graphic novels worth picking up? Has anyone checked them out at all?

vin26m

Quote from: CuriousEyes on June 15, 2015, 08:01:04 AM
This Zombie-thread has shambled along and gobbled me up. I actually just last week watched the Firefly episodes on a whim - well, most of them. I skipped Jaynestown (which I've always found a bit weak and the series actually doesn't need to still make sense) and the last episode because it's too downer of a note for me to ever make it through because I always just end up going "why was it cancelled!?"

Anecdote(s) I recently learned although I think it's pretty common knowledge and I'm just out of anything resembling "the loop" - the character of Inara Serra was recast on something like the second day of shooting because the original actress in the role had no chemistry with any of the cast. And apparently had the series been able to continue, Inara was terminally ill (a point which seems to be dropped for the post-series materials of the movie and the graphic novels) - there are a few points in the series where they kind of allude to it and once you know you can understand them better in context.

And I figure this is a good place to ask - are the graphic novels worth picking up? Has anyone checked them out at all?

I loved Jaynestown.  Jayne being an accidental Robin Hood, Inara getting a client to stand up to his father, etc.

Rebecca Gayheart was originally cast for Inara.

I enjoyed all the graphic novels. 

Volume 1 and 2 have more heists, including appearances by Hands of Blue, Dobbs and The Operative.  They seem to take place between episodes of the TV series and between the TV series and the movie (with Inara and Shepherd leaving Serenity). 

Volume 3 is Shepherd's back story. 

Volume 4 is right after the movie, and has Jubal and The Operative. 

I also liked all the companion guides -

Firefly Official Companion Volume 1
Firefly Official Companion Volume 2
Firefly Official Companion Still Flying
Serenity Official Companion

And I also liked the Serenity Blueprints Reference Pack.  I think the same company has a guide about the 'Verse, but I haven't gone after that yet.

mia h

Quote from: CuriousEyes on June 15, 2015, 08:01:04 AM
Anecdote(s) I recently learned although I think it's pretty common knowledge and I'm just out of anything resembling "the loop" - the character of Inara Serra was recast on something like the second day of shooting.
She left after 1 day of filming, which beats the 2 days the original Captain Janeway on set.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Avis habilis

Quote from: Sindara on June 12, 2015, 11:14:23 PM
But am I allowed to post a pic of me and a celebrity on here?

If you have it hosted somewhere else & could provide a link to it rather than embedding it I think that might be better. Celebrities may be public figures but we'd still rather members only actually posted pics of themselves.