Return of the Mad King [D&D 5th ed. Open... Again!]

Started by Inkidu, September 15, 2014, 07:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnTheGreat

Oooooh, 5th ed stuff.

It would appear you're still looking for people so I might throw a concept for a dwarf palidin in the ring.
I'm thinking he would have the oath of vengeance and hunt down evil doers like the terminator.

That or an elven ranger chick. Or battle master fighter with twin blades.

Inkidu

I think there are four players right now, one profile actually accepted. So yeah, there's room.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

JohnTheGreat

Awesome, I'll fill out a proper sheet when I finish work.

Florence

I could post my sheet up if that would help anyone xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Laughing Hyena

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

JohnTheGreat

Character Profile

Personal Information

Player Name: John
Character Name: Valanthe Meliamne
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Red
Skin Color: Pale
Height: 4'9"
Weight: 95lbs
Sexual Orientationl: Bi
Appearance: I can't find an online version of the pic, it's the girl on page 137 of the PHB

History Information

Background: Outlander
Alignment: NG
Personality Traits: I feel more comfortable around animals than people.
Ideals:  Greater good
Bonds: My family is the most important thing to me, even when I am far from home.
Flaws: I remember every insult.
Allies:
Organizations:
Backstory: Val has spent her live on the edge of civilization, preferring the company of the wilds to that of other people. She worked as a hunter and a guide for years but finding it unforfilling she gave into wanderlust and began traveling.

Attributes & Vitals

Insperation:

Attributes:
Strength-10 (0)
Dexterity- 17 (+3)
Constitution-8 (-1)
Intelligence-10 (0)
Wisdom-16 (+3)
Charisma-13 (+1)

Saving Throws:

(x) Str.- +2
(x) Dex.- +5
( ) Con.- -1
( ) Int.- 0
( ) Wis.- +3
( ) Cha.- +1

HP (Current/Max): 9/9
Temporary HP:
Hit Dice: 1d10
Armor Class:
Initiative: +3
Speed: 35
Passive Wisdom (perception): 13

Death Saves:
Saves-
Fails-

Attacks & Spellcasting

Name/Attack Bonus/Damage-Type
Longbow/ +3/ 1d8+3 P
Shortsword/ +3/ 1d6+3
--

Skills

Skills:

( ) Acrobatics (Dex)-
(x) Animal Handling (Wis)-
( ) Arcana (Int)-
(x) Athletics (Str)-
( ) Deception (Cha)-
( ) History (Int)-
( ) Insight (Wis)-
( ) Intimidation (Cha)-
( ) Investigation (Int)-
( ) Medicine (Wis)-
(x) Nature (Int)-
(x) Perception (Wis)-
( ) Performance (Cha)-
( ) Persuasion (Cha)-
( ) Religion (Int)-
( ) Slight of Hand (Dex)-
(x) Stealth (Dex)-
(x) Survival (Wis-

Other Proficiencies & Languages

Other Proficiencies:
Flute
Languages:
Elven
Common
Dwarven

Traits

Favoured enemy: Monstrosities
Natural explorer: forest
Wonderer
--

Equipment, Money, & Treasure

Equipment:
Leather armour
two shortswords
Explorers pack
Longbow (20 arrows)
Staff
Hunting trap
Feather necklace
Travelers cloths
Flute
Money:

CP-
SP-
GP- 8
PP-

Treasure:
--
--

Needs a bit of fleshing out but here's this.

Inkidu

I think you better read some of the setting details regarding elves in this thread. :)

JohnTheGreat

I did go look at that but honestly it's late and I skimmed it.

Inkidu

Quote from: JohnTheGreat on September 19, 2014, 07:03:07 AM
I did go look at that but honestly it's late and I skimmed it.
The wood-elf subrace is used for auroral (arctic) elves.

JohnTheGreat

That seems like a rather big part to have missed :-/

Laughing Hyena

This is what I have so far. Backstory isn't filled, equipment isn't selected since I want to try and see what my options are for gold are. Then I am puzzled on Allies and Organizations. Do I need to fill those two out? I ask because I am a bit lost on that part.

Personal Information

Player Name: Laughing Hyena
Character Name: Eric Oakapple / Ryluth the Skylord
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: Sorcerer
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Black
Skin Color: Copper
Height: 3'0"
Weight: 40lbs
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance

History Information

Background: Sage (Researcher)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality Traits: There's nothing I like more than a good mystery.
Ideals: Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence.
Bonds: I've been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question.
Flaws: I overlook obvious solutions in favor of complicated ones.
Allies: ???
Organizations: ???
Backstory: Eric Oakapple is the name he was given from the moment of his birth. A young hafting keeper of history for the nomadic culture it was his job to remember their history due to his impeccable memory for knowledge. However unlike many nomads he was a small collector of books. Mostly stories and journals of the outside world. For a time he was content with this simplistic life but one day he came across a small tome, the size of travelers journal amongst his things. He wondered why he never noticed it or where he had picked it up but once he had read it, it jogged his memories.

A flood of renewal came to his mind. He was an ancient dragon called Ryluth, the Skylord. And when those memories came back so did his magic. A natural talent beholden to his true heritage. How it had come to pass was unusual but from what he could pick up was that someone had reincarnated him. Reincarnation gone wrong was what to make of the situation Ryluth was in. The memories of his rebirth were hazy but something had gone wrong with his resurrection. Someone had tampered with his nature and now he was amongst the nomadic halflings. only because of a set of memories written into place. Whomever had done this to him was through that much was certain.  When he had finally recovered his memories and set his affairs in order with leaving the nomads, (omitting his revelations of course), he packed all that he held dear and left on a journey to recover his heritage. Magic had caused this situation for him and magic can reverse it.

Attributes & Vitals

Insperation: 0

Attributes:
Strength- 8 (-1) (0 points)
Dexterity- 16 (+3) (7 points)
Constitution- 14 (+2) (7 points)
Intelligence- 10 (+0) (2 points)
Wisdom- 10 (+0) (2 points)
Charisma- 16 (+3) (9 points)

Saving Throws:

( ) Str.- -1
( ) Dex.- +3
(@) Con.- +2
( ) Int.- +0
( ) Wis.- +0
(@) Cha.- +3

HP (Current/Max): 9/9 (Draconic Resistance)
Temporary HP: 0
Hit Dice: 1d6
Armor Class: 16 (Draconic Resistance)
Speed: 25ft
Passive Wisdom (perception): 10

Death Saves:
Saves-
Fails-

Attacks & Spellcasting

-- Sling / +5 / 1d4+3 Bludgeoning / 20 Bullets (Range 30/120ft)
-- Dagger / +5 / 1d4+3 Piercing / 2 Daggers (Range 20/60ft)
-- Dual Wield / +5 / 1d4+3 + 1d4 Piercing / (Range 20/60ft)

Skills

Skills:

( ) Acrobatics (Dex)-
( ) Animal Handling (Wis)-
(@) Arcana (Int)- +2
( ) Athletics (Str)-
( ) Deception (Cha)-
(@) History (Int)- +2
(@) Insight (Wis)- +2
( ) Intimidation (Cha)-
( ) Investigation (Int)-
( ) Medicine (Wis)-
( ) Nature (Int)-
( ) Perception (Wis)- +0
( ) Performance (Cha)-
(@) Persuasion (Cha)- +5
( ) Religion (Int)-
( ) Slight of Hand (Dex)-
( ) Stealth (Dex)-
( ) Survival (Wis)-

Other Proficiencies: None
Languages: Common, Halfling, Draconic

Traits

-- Spell-casting
-- Sorcerous Origin: Draconic Bloodline
-- Draconic Ancestry: Silver
-- Draconic Resistance
--

Equipment:
-- Explorers Pack
--- Backpack
--- Bedroll
--- Mess Kit
--- Tinderbox
--- Torches (10)
--- Rations (10)
--- Waterskin
--- Hemp Rope (50 feet)
-- Set of Common Clothes
-- Bottle of Black Ink
-- Quill
-- Small Knife
-- Travelers Journal belonging to an unknown human.
-- Belt Pouch (Containing Gold)
-- Arcane Focus (Bone Wand supposedly crafted from a Dragon's Tooth)
Money:

CP-
SP-
GP- 10
PP-

Treasure:
-- A Purple Handkerchief embroidered with the name of a powerful Archmage.   
--

Spells & Magic

Spellcasting Class: Sorcerer
Spellcasting Ability: Charisma
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5

Spell Levels & Slots

(Level/Slot total/Slots Used)

4 Cantrips
-- Fire Bolt
-- Ray of Frost
-- Light
-- Prestidigitation
1 (2/0)
-- Shield
-- Sleep
2 (X/X)
--
3 (X/X)
--
4 (X/X)
--
5 (X/X)
--
6 (X/X)
--
7 (X/X)
--
8 (X/X)
--
9 (X/X)
--

EDIT: Backstory is implemented! Character complete!

Inkidu

You don't have to worry about allies and organizations, that's just if you want to start or later join one.

Anyway you can use the option for equipment provided by race/background/class or roll your gold using the table. Also, as a sage born in halflings most of your knowledge is orally based not books.

Laughing Hyena

Which works out well seeing as how I never mentioned books in any part of the background in question. This also wouldn't mean he wouldn't have books I don't think. Also could be one of the only nomadic halflings with a book of his own. If this bugs the hell out of people then I'll put fricking pictures in it so they can follow along. :-)

Inkidu

They can read. I'm just saying they put more emphasis on memorization than books because it's wasteful to carry around a ton of books.

Laughing Hyena

Indeed it is. In either case I shall start my backstory at a later time. But hopefully everything else checks out.

Inkidu

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on September 19, 2014, 08:47:36 AM
Indeed it is. In either case I shall start my backstory at a later time. But hopefully everything else checks out.
Pretty good so far, but I don't accept profiles without a solid backstory.

Florence

Character Profile

Personal Information

Player Name: Florence
Character Name: Florian Giles
Race: Human
Class: Rogue 1
Sex: Female
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Skin Color: Light
Height: 5'6
Weight: 129.4 lbs
Sexual Orientationl: Pansexual
Appearance: Florian is not too bulky, but built well with athletically toned muscle. His overall appearance is highly androgynous, with masculine clothing and demeanor, and a bound chest, mixed with a very pretty face with soft lips, a feminine shape to his overall body, and wavy brown hair; framing his face in a boyish fashion. His skin is fair and his eyes are a deep blue. He often adorns himself in dark clothing, fitting for his profession, though he's got no objection to dressing lavishly and fashionably in the right circumstances, almost always preferring more masculine clothes to feminine ones.

History Information

Background: Criminal (Pickpocket)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality Traits:
"I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest, often have the most to hide."
"The first thing I do in a new place is note the locations of everything valuable, or where such things could be hidden."
Ideals: Freedom: "Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them."
Bonds: "Something important was taken from me, and I aim to steal it back."
Flaws: "When I see something valuable, I can’t think about anything but how to steal it."
Allies: Criminal Contact
Organizations:
Backstory:Growing up in a well-off family in the heart of Grand Citadel, Florian;  or Florence as he was named upon birth; had a childhood many would envy, but one he despised. His parents, though they doted on him in his youth, were unable to accept him for the person he grew into. Born physically female, female they expected him to remain, though their many attempts at grooming him into a proper lady failed time and time again. It wasn't as much that he hated being feminine, as much as he preferred being masculine and agonized that he was never allowed to be as he wished.

His one great solace was stage acting, which he adored. Attending a prestigious all-girls school popular among the upper echelon of society, the male parts in any given play were, naturally, played by girls. He embraced this chance to be his true self on stage, savoring every moment of it, and becoming quite good at it to boot.

Once he was out of school however, he grew miserable with the life that was given to him. After one particularly heated argument, he stormed out of his parents' home and never returned. He took on the name of Florian, casting away the name his parents had forced on im. He found himself struggling on the streets, becoming involved in a ruthless criminal underworld in order to get by; but at least, there, he could be himself. At least, on the streets, he was free.

Attributes & Vitals

Inspiration:

Attributes:
Strength- 11 (+0)
Dexterity- 16 (+3)
Constitution- 12 (+1)
Intelligence-14 (+2)
Wisdom- 12 (+1)
Charisma-14 (+2)

Saving Throws:

( ) Str.- +0
(+) Dex.- +5
( ) Con.- +1
(+) Int.- +4
( ) Wis.- +1
( ) Cha.- +2

HP (Current/Max): 9/9
Temporary HP:
Hit Dice: d8
Armor Class: 14
Speed: 30ft
Passive Wisdom (perception): 13

Death Saves:
Saves-
Fails-

Attacks & Spellcasting

-- Rapier/1d8/Piercing/Finess
-- Shortbow/1d6/Piercing/Two-Handed/Ammunition (Range 80/320)
-- Dagger/1d4/Piercing/Finess/Light/Thrown (Range20/60)
-- Dagger/1d4/Piercing/Finess/Light/Thrown (Range20/60)
--

Skills

Skills:

( ) Acrobatics (Dex)- +3
( ) Animal Handling (Wis)- +1
( ) Arcana (Int)- +2
( ) Athletics (Str)- +0
(+) Deception (Cha)- +4
( ) History (Int)- +2
( ) Insight (Wis)- +1
( ) Intimidation (Cha)- +2
(+) Investigation (Int)- +4
( ) Medicine (Wis)- +1
( ) Nature (Int)- +2
(+) Perception (Wis)- +3
(+) Performance (Cha)- +4
( ) Persuasion (Cha)- +2
( ) Religion (Int)- +2
(+) Slight of Hand (Dex)- +7 (Expertise)
(+) Stealth (Dex)- +7 (Expertise)
( ) Survival (Wis- +1

Other Proficiencies:
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords.
Tools: Thieves' tools, Playing card set
Features: Sneak Attack (1d6), Expertise (Stealth), Expertise, (Sleight of Hand), Thieves' Cant
Languages:
Common

Traits

--
--
--

Equipment:
Rapier
Shortbow (20 Arrows)
Dagger
Dagger
Burglar's Pack
Leather Armor (Worn)
Thieves' tools
Crowbar
Dark Common Clothes, hooded.
Belt Pouch
--
Money:

CP-
SP-
GP- 15
PP-

Treasure:
--
--

Spells & Magic

Spellcasting Class:
Spellcasting Ability:
Spell Save DC:
Spell Attack Bonus:

Spell Levels & Slots

(Level/Slot total/Slots Used)

0 Cantrips
--
1 (X/X)
--
2 (X/X)
--
3 (X/X)
--
4 (X/X)
--
5 (X/X)
--
6 (X/X)
--
7 (X/X)
--
8 (X/X)
--
9 (X/X)
--

Here's my character! :D Florian, a fun bit of genderfuckery <3

... I just realized I forgot the physical description!

-adds that in!-

I might expand on the appearance later, but I'm tired and I think that should suffice for the moment.

I also see how a couple of people had things sorted more correctly than me xD I'll work on sorting that out when my brain's working better.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Inkidu

I'm not sure how much gender stigma your character would actually face. This isn't a one-to-one conversion of medieval gender politics.

Laughing Hyena

Inkidu

Florence

Quote from: Inkidu on September 19, 2014, 10:37:05 AM
I'm not sure how much gender stigma your character would actually face. This isn't a one-to-one conversion of medieval gender politics.

If it WAS, Florian would probably just have been burnt at the stake or something xD

I just figured his parents might have been leaning more towards the image-conscious, wanting him to be all proper and fitting in with the rest of the fancy well-off girls. Its up to you, though, your world.

Inkidu

Quote from: Florence on September 19, 2014, 06:03:39 PM
If it WAS, Florian would probably just have been burnt at the stake or something xD

I just figured his parents might have been leaning more towards the image-conscious, wanting him to be all proper and fitting in with the rest of the fancy well-off girls. Its up to you, though, your world.
Well considering that the patron goddess of most of humanity is a female it's less, "You should act like a woman," and more, "Why would you not want to be a woman?"

Buteos are going to give him the weirdest looks if he takes the armor off. They're a matriarchal society.

Florence

Quote from: Inkidu on September 19, 2014, 06:35:40 PM
Well considering that the patron goddess of most of humanity is a female it's less, "You should act like a woman," and more, "Why would you not want to be a woman?"

Buteos are going to give him the weirdest looks if he takes the armor off. They're a matriarchal society.

LOL, that actually sounds like a fun twist on things, in both cases xD I like it!

They could have viewed as him being disrespectful to their goddess or something :D

Inkidu

Oh and if you want to know the patron god of revelry and theater it's Scarmiglione. He's called a he, but that's more just simplifying convention. His Church is the Revelry, it's basically a giant party that consumes most well-traveled cities from time to time. :)

He's the rogue god.