Main Menu

Are You? #31

Started by Spookie Monster, July 09, 2009, 07:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

Well, ARE YOU?

Spel

Have you checked out Are You? #30 yet?

Are you raving mad and somewhat slightly Dutch?
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Skye

No ... -Shakes head and looks at your options again.- What!?
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]

Desan

This is flippin hilarious...
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Saerrael

*Is Dutch*

BUT!

'Ja!  En lamprei aaltje uiteraard ik hou.' IS NOT Dutch.

It looks like it, but it's not.

CuriousKandi

I am not 31 and would never want to be 31 again

Spookie Monster

Quote from: Saerra on September 06, 2009, 09:10:55 PM'Ja!  En lamprei aaltje uiteraard ik hou.' IS NOT Dutch.

It looks like it, but it's not.

Really?  I could have sworn that that's what Famke Janssen was moaning as I spanked her with the replica gladius.  Then again, the otter was squeaking rather loudly at the time and the odor of the durian fruit had left me a little woozy...

Spel

Little wonder...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Saerrael

The grammar is all wrong, it makes my eyes bleed..

Spookie Monster

Quote from: Saerra on September 30, 2009, 08:52:42 PMThe grammar is all wrong, it makes my eyes bleed..

Might you be willing to offer an accurate translation?  I'd love to hear it!

Spel

I dream between the eel and the tongue...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs

Saerrael

'Ja!  En lamprei aaltje uiteraard ik hou. '

Should be ;

'Ja! En ik hou uiteraard van een lamprei aaltje.'
or
'Ja! En uiteraard hou ik van een lamprei aaltje.'

Oniya

Okay, now I'm just curious what the English of it is.  Something about lamprey eels, but that's as far as I got.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Saerrael

Quote from: Oniya on October 09, 2009, 08:40:37 PM
Okay, now I'm just curious what the English of it is.  Something about lamprey eels, but that's as far as I got.

*Grins.*

Allow me.

'Ja! En ik hou uiteraard van een lamprei aaltje.'
would translate as
'Yes! And I love a lamprey eel, ofcourse.'

'Ja! En uiteraard hou ik van een lamprei aaltje.'
would be
'Yes! And ofcourse I love a lamprey eel.'

I think the latter one is meant by the poll opener. The first is a somewhat uncommen grammer to use.
Also the latter is more strong in expression, underlining the love of the eel more then the first.

I hope that helps.

Oniya

Very much :-)  I have a great fondness for tongues.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Juicy

No!  That said, I cherish all peoples equally and I would completely embrace a nation of eel-molesting perverts if one happened to exist.

Spookie Monster

Thanks, Saerra!  Much appreciated.  And you got it right: "the love of the eel" is indeed the important point.

Now, how to work it into conversation?  Perhaps it could somehow follow My hovercraft is full of eels...?

Thanks again!

Spel

It's a tongue-twisting storm...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs