Interest Check - Carpathians (Always accepting!!)

Started by Amarlo, February 18, 2015, 11:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarlo

(Group or One on One)

This would be loosely based on the series written by Christine Feehan. This plot doesn’t require explicit knowledge of the books or even really reading them. There’s plenty of information on the internet that’ll fill you in well enough. (I haven’t read the books yet either, I was turned onto the whole thing by a friend)

Due to the way things work in the setting I'd like to make it clear that most playing male characters would be playing male Carpathians. Most female characters would be human psychics of some sort or Carpathian themselves. Furthermore, it's highly encouraged that players pair off their characters before starting play or shortly after due to the nature of Carpathian males. This does not mean they have to already be mated or together, nor do either characters have to be virgins or without previous relationships.

Links to check out: http://www.christinefeehan.com/dark_prince/chapter1.php
                                         http://marcusdescarte.webs.com/carpathians.htm

So if you're interesteed please drop a post or message me! If I get enough people or someone wants to one on one with me, I'll start a topic or two for play and profile creation :)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Clio

I shouldn't join any more games, but I am a HUGE fan of Christine Feehan, and have read many of the books. I haven't been able to read the most recent ones, but I read most of the older ones.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Amarlo

:D Awesome! I look forward to more people signing up, I would LOVE to get a game going.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Codexa

Love this setting. I'd be interested. ;3

Sephiriel

Interested. Had no idea that it was the title of a book series, it's based on the Carpathian mountains from my country I'm sure :D
Interested in playing a male too if there are openings.

Amarlo

Great! Glad to see more interest. We definitely need more players. So far only you three have showed interest, sadly. :(

So we definitely need both men and women for the game. The more the merrier. I'm hoping to get an even amount of males vrs females - at least characterwise. I would also appreciate a few real men too xD

Either way, my plans are for this to be a bit freeform. Meaning, I won't be the primary person driving the plots but everyone involved can. <3

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

TheLegionary

Amarlo

Fantastic. Now that we're gaining some momentum I suppose I'll put up a profile template.

Name:
Nickname:
Rough Age:
Age Appears:
Eye colour:
Hair colour:
Height:
Brief Personality:
Brief History:

Family / friends:
Lifemate:

(Each player can have up to two characters, not including npcs)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
(I'll post mine as an example first :))

Name: Hadassah
Nickname: Esther, Hada, Queen, whatever nicknames people eventually create ic
Eye colour: Gold
Hair colour: Brunette
Height: 5'2"
Rough Age:A little over 200
Age Appears: 24-28
Brief Personality: Introverted and quiet.
Brief History: Hadassah is well known as the last born female Carpathian. She is most famous for being sickly since birth and then disappearing in her 13th cycle. There is a lot of mystery surrounding her disappearance and while many believe her to be dead, her father claims she is quite alive but lost. Rumor has it that she was stolen away by vampires.

Family / friends: If anyone would like to message me about potential family ties or history, feel free! :)
Lifemate: Currently unmated, nor has an arranged mate. Message if interested!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Name: Gadrie Lafrey (NPC)
Nickname: Gadrie The Betrayer

The Illusion

Eye color: Grey
Hair color: Black
Age Appears: 36

The Reality

Height: 5'11

Brief Personality: Malicious, jealous, vile and cruel.
Brief History: Gadrie was born to a prominent and once prosperous Carpathian family shortly before the decline of female borne Carpathians. He grew up as any male would in his time, careless and ever faithful that when the time came he would meet his life mate. Not once did he stop and think that such a catastrophe could befall him as never finding one.

The years passed and he fell further and further into despair, but to proud like many of his family, he refused to meet the dawn. Years turned into decades, decades into centuries and when even feeding came to taste like ash upon his tongue he finally fell into the foulest taboo known to his kind - taking the life of his human victim and turning as vile as he felt.

He has since then acquired a decent thrall of ghouls and human turned vampires to do as he whims. He is best known along the grapevine for his unquenchable jealousy of other Carpathians, especially happily mated Carpathian males - many of which he has expended a multitude of vampire fledglings just to simply maim one of these males or their mates, let alone at the chance he may bring their deaths.

Family / friends:
Lifemate: Believes Hadassah is

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Sephiriel

Wow, that's one creepy fellow. I will make some sheets as soon as possible.

Duvemes

Name:  Michaela (pronounced like Mikayla)
Nickname:  (None as of yet)
Rough Age:  19
Age Appears:  22
Eye colour:  Blue
Hair colour:  Natural color: black, but it is dyed white and pink, cut short.
Height: 5'9"
Brief Personality: She keeps to herself, wary of all strangers, and is armed at all times.
Brief History: Having been thrust into adulthood at the age of 9 when her mother passed away, Michaela has been fundamentally alone for the past ten years. Her father left before she was born and her mother overdosed on heroin. Michaela wants nothing more than to be left alone by the rest of the world. She has been on her own, no one else to drag her down, and she liked it that way.

Family / friends: No family, her only friend thus far is a mangy looking cat that lives in an alley behind a restaurant.
Lifemate: Unmated, and no arranged mate as of yet.

Sarah Morgan

This sounds like it could be fun, especially as I literally just started reading the first book of this series a couple days ago.  I'm debating about checking out the links, but I don't want to inadvertently learn something spoilery.  Hopefully we'll get some more male players interested.  I don't play one well, otherwise I'd try to fill in the gap.  Give me a couple days to think over a concept idea, though I'll probably play a human, as I don't know a lot yet about the whole Carpathian angle.  So far I'd compare them to vampires, with some added characteristics if they don't find mates in a couple of centuries.  I'm liking the first book so far, and hoping reading will give me some more info.

Amarlo

@ Duvemes - Looks good! Approved.

@Sarah Morgan - That's perfectly fine! I love the idea of someone playing a human psychic that's considerably unaware of most things. Heck, she could be certified insane and think that her abilities were just her being out of her mind :D I've had people play completely unaware characters in previous settings and I tend to love them. Makes the setting more exciting!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Duvemes

Second character as I've noticed the need for male characters:

Name: Atsila Cholena (Fire Bird)
Nickname: Addie
Rough Age: 850
Age Appears: 24
Eye colour: Brown
Hair colour: Dark Brown/Black
Height: 6'4"
Brief Personality: Somewhat aloof, careless, reckless, and has a very short temper. Always ready to get into a fight and doesn't care if he wins or loses.
Brief History: Atsila has his head in the clouds, dreaming of finding his lifemate and determined to have as many women as he can along his search, just to be thorough. He keeps close to his people except to venture into the town for his thus far fruitless search.

Family / friends: He has no family, his mother passed during childbirth and his father has turned into a vampire, no brothers or sisters.
Lifemate: Unmated, and no arranged mate yet.

Codexa

Oooh! This is gaining interest! *Does a happy dance*

Hm, I'll have to think about a potential concept.

Maybe even bring back one of my Carpathian men. :D

Amarlo

Codexa: Yay :D

Duvemes: Also looks good!

Sidenote, please feel free to confer amongst each other to create ties or back stories, or even side splots or rps! I don't mind at all!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

PhantomPistoleer

I'm interested.

I need to read up a bit more on the setting, though.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Name:  Samson
Nickname:  The Ebon Fox (Samson's preferred shape-shift is a silver fox);
Rough Age:  300+ years;
Age Appears:  25 years;
Eye colour:  Golden;
Hair colour:  Golden;
Height:  6'1 (immutable);

Brief Personality:  Samson has an ethereal, intellectual, and bon vivant nature.  He enjoys jokes, pranks, and mischief.  His brethren think him too curious; his friends think him too adventurous.  Though his nature prohibits him from being wholly good, he possesses a kind spirit that is often thwarted by his sinister origin.

Brief History:  Samson is different from his dark-haired, moody brethren, both in appearance and in spirit.  He is something of a socialite, born into the aristocracy of England, and so too into the bosom of man's enlightenment.  He spent most of the 18th century traveling through the continent, drinking beer with the great thinkers of humankind, all the while enduring the blasphemous lifestyle of a libertine.  The 19th, 20th, and now the 21st century are no different!

Samson, though young for a Carpathian, has amassed immense wealth.  He owns a massive collection of invaluable art, books, and manuscripts, as well as numerous documents of great import to civilization.

Family / friends:  Samson has scores of friends across the globe, though many do not understand his true nature.  A social creature, Samson is forced to abandon friendships as his true nature becomes less conspicuous.

Lifemate:  (Open -- but must permit [and is encouraged to great] liberties);
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Innocence

This sounds really interesting! I haven't read the books, but I'm considering buying them now.
I'd like to make a female character since there seems to be a ratio of 2:4 girls:boys at the moment.

Amarlo

The more the merrier! Most of the men are second characters of other players. My male is technically an npc and will not be participating in anything more than story development.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Clio

I'll be making a female human soon.

And I know the universe really well, as I LOVE the books. So you can ask me anything. :)
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Sephiriel

Amarlo, is it alright if I have Basil hunting down Gadrie? It might be fun.

Innocence

Name: Liang Hun Yin [良婚姻] (Hun Yin is her first name)
Nickname: Hunny
Rough Age: 21
Age Appears: 21
Eye colour: brown
Hair colour: black
Height: 170 cm
Brief Personality: Hun Yin has the face of an elegant maiden, but she is anything but that.  She is rather uncouth and always speaks her mind, not worrying about how she might come off to other people.  But that doesn't make her a barbarian.  She is a very loyal and trustworthy friend, and despite her words, she really does want to see everyone end up with their soulmate.
Brief History:  Hun Yin grew up in Australia, many of her classmates and even her teachers had trouble pronouncing her name.  When she was in the 6th grade, a teacher had accidentally pronounced her name as 'Hunny'.  Ever since then the name has just stuck. 

Now she is a university student that works part time as a match maker.  This is where her powers come into use, Hunny has the ability to see the 'red threads of fate'.  Red string tied between the ankles of any two individuals that are meant to be soulmates.  Along with her connections to Talamasca, she is able to provide her clients with eerily accurate predictions.

Family / friends:
Charlize - Friends upon joining Talamasca

Lifemate: Unfortunately she is unable to see her own red thread. [let's figure something up toegther =D]

TheLegionary

Name: Vlad Albescu

Nickname: "Only fools have nicknames", Vlad Albescu says.

Rough Age: 130

Age Appears: 20

Eye colour: Turquoise green

Hair colour: Light brown

Height: 6´2

Brief Personality: Years made Vlad far more mature than his looks, hardening his edges and insulating him from understanding how human's emotions (and to a lesser extent, the Carpathian emotions) operated. From someone who enjoyed life, he turned into someone worried only about meeting his basic needs and instincts. A slave to his emotions, Vlad truly needed to find a lifemate: if he failed his search, he would put an end to his life in the most dramatic way. Or would the joy of life still existed under that bitterness crust?

Brief History: Born in the 19th century in the  small Banatian town of Nagyszentmiklós, Vlad Albescu saw the golden days of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire, even though the days for the Romanians, Carpathians included, were not that bright. Having lived there, it was impossible not to have a musical education from his early childhood and as a result of that, he became fond of playing the violin. It did not take long for his talents to show up and he had classes with a famous conductor of his time, George Enescu. At the same time, he was classmate of Béla Bartók. By that time, his life was nothing but joy.
As time passed, his enthusiastic personality, full of happiness, turned into dark and gloomy. His human friends passed away, not by natural causes, but by violence. World War I and World War II decimated the lives of most of humans whose company he had learned to enjoy. Communism came to Romania and he could focus on his music... until the Securitate's agents found his aging process too slow to be true. From that moment on, he had to abandon his career and hide in disgust. Stability has made him come out from his secluded life - after all, he was running short of time to find his lifemate.

Family / friends: Open to discussion.

Lifemate: Charlize (considering to roleplay how it happened she became his lifemate)

Amarlo

Alright, everyone looks good so far. All profiles are approved up to this point.

I will be creating an ooc and ic thread by the end of the day. :)

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Amarlo

You know, I forgot to ask. Would we like this roleplay to be modern, Medieval, Ancient, Futuristic?

I'm honestly open to ideas! And if anyone feels they need to adjust their character for any decision we make they can feel free to do so! 

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies