Final Fantasy [4th Edition - Rem] [System RPG] [Extreme Groups] [Interest Check]

Started by Malkavian, April 12, 2019, 09:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malkavian

Figured you might be. XD The latter would use the Green Ronin rules, which are awesome.

CyrodilicBrandy

Yes! I have the quick start guide (somewhere) so I can be familiar with them as well if need be.

Malkavian

Quote from: CyrodilicBrandy on April 15, 2019, 09:04:21 AMYes! I have the quick start guide (somewhere) so I can be familiar with them as well if need be.

To be honest, it's far more likely to be Final Fantasy than ASIF, but I figured I'd put it up as an alternative.

On the subject of Final Fantasy, has everyone who expressed interested downloaded, and checked out, the rules? Any questions relating to it?

c0i9z

Downloaded and got the framework down for a prospective character. I guess I'm wondering if there's any house rules-y things you were planning to incorporate.

Malkavian

None presently, but that could change as a world is developed.

On the subject of, please don't stat up a character yet guy - planning some ideas out is fine, but without a world determined there's little worth in becoming too attached to a character idea, particularly if it's setting dependent.

Angie

Quote from: Malkavian on April 15, 2019, 08:12:11 PM
To be honest, it's far more likely to be Final Fantasy than ASIF, but I figured I'd put it up as an alternative.

On the subject of Final Fantasy, has everyone who expressed interested downloaded, and checked out, the rules? Any questions relating to it?

Reading through it right now! I'll ask if I have any questions. Wondering if I should go with a more knight type or a certain monk build I have...
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Malkavian

Shoot me any questions you have!

Also folks, whilst in 70% leaning towards a new setting, I am open to setting things in an established world - MAYBE. To that end... please list your top three Final Fantasy games, in order of preference.

Metraxa

Top FF games? I'd say 4, 5, and then 7. I'll add Tactics Advance as an honorable mention, only because I tend to not rank that with the main Final Fantasy games

c0i9z

Top 3 games is so hard! There's so much to love!

FF Tactics is my favourite in terms of gameplay
FF IV is my favourite in terms of story
FF XI is my favourite world

So I guess I'll go with those 3.

Revelation

Quote from: Malkavian on April 16, 2019, 04:50:57 PM
Shoot me any questions you have!

Also folks, whilst in 70% leaning towards a new setting, I am open to setting things in an established world - MAYBE. To that end... please list your top three Final Fantasy games, in order of preference.
12, Tactics, 14, as far as setting goes.

Angie

PurpleJesus

My favorites in no particular order  10, 6, and 4.  7 is a honorable mention.

5 had the best system/gameplay. I really liked the expansive class system.

13-2 had a good system as well. I really like how they handled the pocket monster thing.

Alias

I'm late, but VERY interested!!!

my favorites:
FF VII
FF Tactics
FF (original)

am i TOO late?

Malkavian

You're not, but that's largely because this is still an interest check rather than an actual recruitment thread  ;) Whether anything becomes of my plans here depends on a few things at home; if I have the time, I'll get an official recruitment post done.

Alias

Quote from: Malkavian on April 21, 2019, 02:35:59 PM
You're not, but that's largely because this is still an interest check rather than an actual recruitment thread  ;) Whether anything becomes of my plans here depends on a few things at home; if I have the time, I'll get an official recruitment post done.

sounds good, I'll wait until i hear from ya, best of luck

Angie

I do hope it happens. I might do a Rogue/Dervish, if I'm understanding how this whole build thing works (Main job and Secondary job, right?)

c0i9z

Angie

Hmm, I might have to consider going mage, depending on how many people go for martial type stuff...

Revelation

I'll probably be going for a martial type personally, just not sure which kind yet.

Jefepato

Are you still looking for people?  It seems like you've got a fair few interested players already, so I'd understand if more is too many.

I haven't read the rules yet (maybe -- I've seen a few different Final Fantasy RPGs on the web over the years, but I'm not sure if this is one of them) but I assume I could figure it out quickly enough.

If you do still need more folks, my favorite FF games are 5, 6, and 4 in that order.  (I love FF5's job system to a nearly indecent degree.)  I must confess I haven't played many of the newer ones.

CyrodilicBrandy

Looks like 4 and 6 are up there in terms of themes! I can't remember what I told Malkavian because my memory is trash, but 4, 6 and 12 are definitely up there in mine. 9, as well. Very underrated game.

Also, would definitely be down for playing a druid type character. However, I'm pretty easy: I'm more than happy to wait until there's a role gap and fit in a White Mage or whatever it is the party needs.

Malkavian

So am I right in assuming that home-brew with 4 and 6 influences would be a selling point? Also, any questions thus far about the rules or the game itself?

Malkavian

That's good. As a reminder, I will be taking elements of popular entries in the series, not mimicking them whole-sale.

For clarities sake, can everyone who is still interested post here with their desired concepts, Jobs, etc? Then I have all the information in one place.

c0i9z

For jobs, I was thinking of going with an Archer/Dervish. Maybe as a moogle-girl or mithra or something, depending on what the setting looks like. I haven't thought it in much details yet.