X-Men:: Friends of Humanity (( Men Needed! ))

Started by Mnemosyne, August 24, 2011, 11:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

I thought gambit was hot as hell...so I don't know if that makes me go Oh MY...or kind of weird me out....lol sexy though.

Astrofig

Lol, I hadn't even considered a girl!bit; I usually play Remy as a guy. (I could do otherwise for this game though if no one objected.)

\

Zaer Darkwail

I would not object but based on background all most X-men are dead, so your likely Gambit's daugther who just haves same/similar powers like her dad.

Astrofig

Kendra

Hey showing interest here ;)
was part of a X-men student group game that we've had to put to bed for a bit so would really like to get involved in another.
Could easily use my student from that game.

you were asking about other powers that might be very Mary Sue if abused - this was the basic gist of what we disallowed, hope it helps.

*Time Travel
*Mind Control
*Invincibility
*Long Term Invisibility
*Anything that would cause instant death, i.e. Death Touches
*Ability to completely paralyze someone for extended periods of time - we did have limitations on it
*Immortality
*Superdupermegastrength - the ability to lift tall buildings with one finger.  Mashing cars up and using them as basketballs - you just know there is always one who wants this ;)
*Reality manipulation.
*Cosmic Entities.

and your basic cloning of canon X-men powers

Character:

Mutant - Name: Metallica

Human Name: Megan Shields
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: female
Relationship Status: single
Team Affiliation: Students

Appearance:

Hair: long and red
Eyes: greyish blue
Skin: pale
Weight: 110lbs
Height: 5’ 8”
Other: slender with small breasts,

Date Of Birth: May 12th 1994
Place Of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
Citizenship: American

Information:

Personality: She has a typical temper associated with her hair colour. Not keen on making new friends she is usually a tad on the rude side when she first meets any one. She’s smart but has to work hard to get good grades as her attention span wavers a lot and she prefers to slack off usually. Is better with more practical exercises, excels in self defense though she looks wimpy. Is also very good in her lab associated classes.

Background:
Born on the south side of Chicago to two mutant doctors, Megan was doted on from an early age. Her father Daniel Shields watched eagerly for the day when his only child would reveal her abilities. He had the ability as his name suggested to protect his body, to shield it by any means necessary. He could cause a force field to expound from his very core in times of crisis. When humans were about this shield took on the guise of whatever was nearby. A matching wall, another car, a tree. Her mother, Penn Metling had the ability to turn her fingers into any metal weapons or tools. Very useful in surgery.

Megan was aware from a young age that her parents were different and loved how they never tried to influence her decision on anything. Always trying to get her to see things for herself and to get the full story before forming an opinion on anything or anyone. When she turned ten years of age both parents began to worry about her growth. She was very tall even then but never seemed to put on any weight. They ran procedural checks on her but she was healthy and so they merely watched as she grew up. By her thirteenth birthday she was taller than most girls her own age and much thinner than them as well. On holding a few balloons she felt herself get light headed only to hear some of her friends screaming and pointing at her. She had risen a few inches from the ground.

Her parents managed to convince the adolescents in attendance that there had been too much helium in the balloons and stayed by their daughters side for the rest of the day, effectively holding her down. That night as they sat at the dinner table she reached for her fork, as soon as it touched her hand it melded with it. She began to scream not knowing what was going on. Her parents were out of their chairs like lightening watching bewildered but delighted as their daughters entire body began to encase itself in metal. Bit by bit the iron seemed to click into place until she was covered completely. There was no way she’d be floating off now.

She was enrolled into Xavier’s academy and slowly came to terms with her abilities, though it is taking her longer to bend them to her will. She goes by the nickname of Metallica.
Mother:

Name: Penn Metling (Slizer)
Race: mutant

Father:

Name: Daniel Shields (Shield)
Race: mutant

Other Relatives: none

Powers:
Major: Metal shield that encompasses her entire body - takes on the actual type of metal she touches

Minor: Pulse – can raise or slow her pulse – has been used to get her out of classes a few times

Minor: translucent -  Xavier has informed her that this might eventually lead to perhaps invisibility but for now her pale skin becomes ghostly white usually when negative emotions (not anger) are displayed.

Power Limitations:
Major: Has not learned yet how to control this properly. Everything metal she touches has the ability it seems to cause her change. She is trying to learn how to prevent this and to change at her own will. So far unsuccessful and must use plastic knives and forks during meal times. (cost of wooden chairs add up)

Minor: First seen as a side-effect from her transformation from metal, her pulse slowed down considerably. Now she finds she can raise it by will a few notches or lower it herself when the mood takes her. (The school doctor no longer rushes to the class room when she attempts this.)

Minor: Her skin was always pale and almost appears to have a metallic sheen for hours after a transformation but after she broke up with her first boyfriend at the age of fifteen, she became so visibly pale everyone thought they were looking at a ghost. Has never happened for prolonged periods.

Hobbies and Interests:
Loves tinkering with car and motorbike engines.

EbonyQueen

Quote from: CurvyKitten on August 25, 2011, 03:35:53 AM
I had an idea to bring back a character that I played a while ago in an old x-men thread I loved her. But she was an original character the daughter of wolverine and storm. Got the idea from the alternate universe the were a couple in. If your gonna play storm do you mind if I still do that? I can work it out that maybe through some weird rift she is pulled to this world and that is why you don't know her. Don't know if someone is gonna call dibs on wolverine...lol

I actually love the idea, especially from another universe. I know that if -my- Storm found her she'd bend over backwards to help the young woman however she could. Sounds like an interesting encounter waiting to happen.

Also to note: I am not against my character having children or possibly even a grandchild at the age I sat her at. However I would want such a character to be worked out with me. But for this idea being from an alternate universe gives her a reason to be in the brotherhood, so it's best to keep it that way so there is freedom in which faction you want to be part of!

Miyu

Mnemosyne

Quote from: Miyu on August 25, 2011, 10:53:22 AM
You still need x men or brotherhoood?

More brotherhood is needed at the moment.
So far 1 X-men member, 3 students (( including me )), 2 brotherhood.
(( Though I could have miscounted... ))

Thank you Kendra so much for pointing out those other ridiculous abilities. <3

I shall be reading over all submissions now. (( Slowly but surely. ))
I'm getting really excited for this.

I'd really love some more strong male brotherhood members to join in.
Need someone to play magneto too. (( Or I could just NPC him... hmmm. ))
I like my posts like I like my cock.
Thick, lengthy, and something I can choke up on.
Cravings//Apologies&Absences//O&O
I've been Insulted... Disrespected... I've been
Mistreated

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Sinesthesia on August 25, 2011, 03:20:35 PM
More brotherhood is needed at the moment.
So far 1 X-men member, 3 students (( including me )), 2 brotherhood.
(( Though I could have miscounted... ))

Thank you Kendra so much for pointing out those other ridiculous abilities. <3

I shall be reading over all submissions now. (( Slowly but surely. ))
I'm getting really excited for this.

I'd really love some more strong male brotherhood members to join in.
Need someone to play magneto too. (( Or I could just NPC him... hmmm. ))

Are you going to post the approved sheets in the character thread you made, or should each of us as you tell us we are approved?

Miyu

MMM I will be making a Brotherhood then, does it have to be a cannon or can I do a original char?

Mnemosyne

Quote from: EbonyQueen on August 25, 2011, 03:21:57 PM
Are you going to post the approved sheets in the character thread you made, or should each of us as you tell us we are approved?

All submissions I've seen thus far are approved and may take to posting their outline in the Character Thread.
I want everyone to post theirs individually on their own so that others may know who is playing who, so there will be no confusion. <3 (( Hopefully. ))

Thank you all so much for your help, submissions, everything. <3

Miyu:: You are completely welcome to create an original character. <3
Mistreated

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Sinesthesia on August 25, 2011, 03:30:22 PM
All submissions I've seen thus far are approved and may take to posting their outline in the Character Thread.
I want everyone to post theirs individually on their own so that others may know who is playing who, so there will be no confusion. <3 (( Hopefully. ))

Thank you all so much for your help, submissions, everything. <3

Miyu:: You are completely welcome to create an original character. <3

Gotcha! All posted up in the character thread!

Miyu

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Miyu on August 25, 2011, 03:34:52 PM
OH Hiii Ebonyyyy remember me?

Sure do, good to see you.

Quote from: Kendra on August 25, 2011, 10:01:38 AM
Hey showing interest here ;)
was part of a X-men student group game that we've had to put to bed for a bit so would really like to get involved in another.
Could easily use my student from that game.

you were asking about other powers that might be very Mary Sue if abused - this was the basic gist of what we disallowed, hope it helps.

*Time Travel
*Mind Control
*Invincibility
*Long Term Invisibility
*Anything that would cause instant death, i.e. Death Touches
*Ability to completely paralyze someone for extended periods of time - we did have limitations on it
*Immortality
*Superdupermegastrength - the ability to lift tall buildings with one finger.  Mashing cars up and using them as basketballs - you just know there is always one who wants this ;)
*Reality manipulation.
*Cosmic Entities.

and your basic cloning of canon X-men powers

This is a good list to go by, but I wonder about the last point, cloning of canon powers. Since most of the original team is gone save for three. Perhaps I could see -some- cloning of powers? For example Wolverine exists, so no cloning of his powers, but say a telekinetic character might be feasible? Just throwing around ideas here.

Mnemosyne

Mmm, might be able to get this actually started soon. <3
I'm so glad people took interest to it.

I'm not sure that I really gather what the word Canon means anymore...
(( Call me stupid, but could someone expand upon this for me? ))

Also, I think telekinetic characters are fine. They have their weaknesses too.
For example, with  Zaer Darkwail's character, if he can't control his emotions,
he can't control his powers all that well.

Same goes with any telekinetic really. (( Or anyone with powers. lol. ))

The reason why I didn't put weaknesses under the character sheet is because
I want to see if the players participating in this game can gather on their own
what the weak point of other characters are. (( By working out the simple logic
of fire doesn't like water, and such. ))

I wonder if any of that makes sense...
Mistreated

kckolbe

I hate to say this, since I know everyone loves him, but as undeniably awesome as Magneto and Wolverine are, perhaps they shouldn't be here.  Magneto was old, and the man deserves a rest.  Let's write him an honorable death and let someone else take over the Brotherhood, someone whose doesn't mind hearing "he's no Magneto."  I think having a new leader for the Brotherhood would create a lot more potential for drama. 

As for Wolverine, he's been "the badass" of Marvel for too long.  How 'bout something finally did him in too (perhaps Magneto, before he died)? 

Lastly, a tip of the hat (or a hug if she'll have it) to EbonyQueen, been wanting to play with her since BSG.

Sin-canon means from the source, a difficult term regarding Marvel, as there are many conflicting sources.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Well, my char case his 'normal' powers are telepathy and telekinesis (not super strong telekinesis and focus only lift/push/pull objects/people and not form barriers). But if he misses medication or has strong emotion instilled to him even through medication....a different personality with different power comes in control for scene if not whole day.

Miyu

Do you need a leader for the brotherhood? I think I can muster a very deadly leader

Mnemosyne

I love your Chara Zaer. <3

Anywho, I see where you're coming from kckolbe. Does sound good. (( Though without wolverine and magneto I shall need to pout for a while. )) Makes perfect sense. So strike out Wolverine and Magneto then. I shall need to find a great leader for the Brotherhood though. I wonder if someone will be able to show enough potential to do so. Did you care to have a go at it kckolbe?
Mistreated

EbonyQueen

Quote from: kckolbe on August 25, 2011, 03:46:06 PM
Lastly, a tip of the hat (or a hug if she'll have it) to EbonyQueen, been wanting to play with her since BSG.

Thank you much, I appreciate that. I am looking forward to seeing how all of this unfolds.

Miyu

Guess she wasn't able to read the post I made hahaha

Kendra

Quote from: EbonyQueen on August 25, 2011, 03:38:12 PM

This is a good list to go by, but I wonder about the last point, cloning of canon powers. Since most of the original team is gone save for three. Perhaps I could see -some- cloning of powers? For example Wolverine exists, so no cloning of his powers, but say a telekinetic character might be feasible? Just throwing around ideas here.

that was just from the game we had - all X-men were very much alive and we did get a rush of submissions with variations on their powers. We had to reign that in pretty fast.

thanks for the approval Sines - will post her up in the character thread ;)

Mnemosyne

Quote from: Miyu on August 25, 2011, 03:52:47 PM
Guess she wasn't able to read the post I made hahaha

Well I'm not sure whether when  kckolbe posted he meant to say that he'd like to be the brotherhood leader. But you're welcome to have a go at creating a leader.
Mistreated

Miyu

lol if not a leader then a co-leader? what you think kcklobe?