Anyone else a die-hard Harry Potter fan?? <3

Started by LilySnape, August 30, 2011, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilySnape

I love Harry Potter so much, lol.  I've been watching the movies and reading the books for most of my life.  Does anyone else own any cool Harry Potter things?  Replicas, books, posters...?

Tell me about your HP collection and I'll start sharing mine! :D

First neato thing I own: A full size Nimbus 2000! <3
I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensare the senses.
~ Severus Snape

Jag

*peeks in and raises hand*

I don't have much in way of a Potter Collection, but I have a purse and wallet. Thanks to Eden (another member on the site), I will hopefully be a beta tester for Pottermore. I own all the movies (that are out so far).

I'm pretty big on Snape. ^__^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

LilySnape

Oh cool! :D Yeah, I don't care if I'm barely legal for Snape, I would kidnap him anytime. X3 He's the most beautiful Potion's Master who ever was. 

I have one of those "obvious" Harry Potter rooms.  Every wall has a line of posters/wall decals/drawings ect. and I've got no end of scarves, shirts, toys and homemade potions, Weasley boxes, Bertie Botts, Potions handbooks and all matter of strange Potter crafts.  I even made my own Care of Magical Creatures book, teeth and all! :D I'm sort of crazy when it comes to HP.
~ Severus Snape

Jag

I actually don't find the book version of Snape physically attractive. He's supposed to be ugly and that's what he is. He's an old, bitter, miserable man who could have chosen to find some form of happiness in life, but chose not to. Though I do find Alan Rickman incredibly sexy in nearly anything he does. I've been in love with him since I saw him in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

I forgot about it, but I do have a Harry Potter Cookbook. It's pretty awesome.

LilySnape

I know, I've read the series a million times.  He's definitely not physically attractive in the books, it's Alan Rickman that seals the deal.  The hair really suits him.

Have you seen him in ClosetLand or Dark Harbor?  His older films are excellent.

I've been meaning to get that cookbook, it looks really fun.  I want to learn how to make Peppermint Toads. :P
~ Severus Snape

Jag

ClosetLand is one of my favorite movies, though I did not see it till recent years. It's not available on DVD in my country and the VHS is hard to track down. But Youtube has it. ^^

I've tried a few of the recipes. I haven't looked at it in a while, but I didn't think peppermint toads was in there. While there are some 'Harry Potter' recipes in it, it's actually just more traditional English foods. Acid Drops and Sugar Mice are in there though.

LilySnape

Ah!  It does have cauldron cakes though, which I have to try.  I attemped them from my own recipe and, well...

Yeah, it's one of those movies that's hard to find.  I've only ever seen it on YouTube, which works fine.  I love the tomato/garlic scene, it's so strange. XD I haven't seen him in Noble Son, which I should do soon.  Dark Harbor is a cool movie.  It's got the biggest twist ending I've seen in a while.

I thought Alan was excellent in the Deathly Hallows pt. 2, considering that he's older than most people think.  Very sad though...I've never cried that hard at a movie.  In fact, I can get teary, but it's rare that I ever actually cry, especially in a theatre!  But I was surrounded by opening night-potter nerds, so no one cared. :P
~ Severus Snape

Jag

Alan Rickman is more than double the age of Snape, though the movies don't exactly follow the same time frame as the books when it comes to the history parts. The books state a specific time frame, the movies just imply it. Most tend to believe that the movies follow a longer time frame. That James, Lily, and Snape graduated Hogwarts 20, maybe even 30 years before Harry goes there (in the books it's only 10 years). So yeah, while character wise he is much older than his character...he still fits the part perfectly. ^__^

It is a good little cookbook, but honestly nothing in it would be difficult to find on a recipe website. Almost everything in the book series is real. Acid Drops are just lemon drops with citric acid put in. Sugar mice are just rolled fondant molded into mice. Blood Pops are just homemade suckers with a lot of red food coloring. Butter Beer is some kind of root beer mix with marshmallow fluff. Most of it is rather simple (at least the desserts).

Slaven

So I thought I would come in and watch you two nerd out a bit..And here I thought I was a huge fan for owning my own wizard robes and hat to wear to the premiers over all these years. >:)
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Jag

When I went to see Smurfs, they still had the theater all Harry Potter decked out (they turned the whole theater into Diagon Alley)...they said I couldn't take the Snape poster. But I did get to sign the Dumbledore's Army sign up sheet. :P

Slaven

So, I just realized that picture there is awesome. >:) Lupin truly is the shit.

LilySnape

Wow what??  They didn't do anything to my theatre. 0: Did you go to a theatre in the city or something?  We only had a giant light up poster thing and they changed the photobooth to have Harry Potter borders.

Awww Lupin is so cute.  I love it when people draw Harry Potter characters in that almost Pixar-ish, animation cartoon way.  I think an animated movie, at least for the first three would have been amazing!
~ Severus Snape

Slaven

Quote from: LilySnape on September 01, 2011, 02:32:13 PM
Wow what??  They didn't do anything to my theatre. 0: Did you go to a theatre in the city or something?  We only had a giant light up poster thing and they changed the photobooth to have Harry Potter borders.

Awww Lupin is so cute.  I love it when people draw Harry Potter characters in that almost Pixar-ish, animation cartoon way.  I think an animated movie, at least for the first three would have been amazing!

I actually agree with this. I think they could have done -a lot- more with the movies had they animated them instead.