News:

Main Menu

Pell Grants

Started by Paradox, March 24, 2010, 05:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

Is anyone around here familiar with Pell Grants? Specifically, does anyone know how to go about applying for one? I have looked online, but my searches only left me more confused.

I filled out my FAFSA form online and was told that, based on my EFC of 705, I am eligible for a Federal Pell Grant of up to $4800; however, that's all it said. There was no information about how to apply, just information what what a Pell Grant is as opposed to a loan.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Caeli

I thought that Pell Grants were disbursed automatically through your school's financial aid office, though I could be wrong.

Ask the financial aid office for more information. This is their job, after all.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Paradox

True, Caeli. They're just closed until tomorrow morning, and I was trying to do some research ahead of time so I don't go in completely ignorant. They've been known to screw people over before, so I want to have my shit straight when I deal with them.

After having posted this topic, I found a few resources that basically said what you did-- it's automatically sent out after the FAFSA form has been analyzed. It's up to the student to accept or reject it. Thanks.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker