F.A.T.A.L. (Extreme, GM/players needed)

Started by Hobbes1266, April 20, 2016, 03:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

The only suit I need is the one I got for my birthday.

(Actually, I really need armor, because I'm immensely fat and incredibly un-agile).

RavenBlackmoon

I'm a troll. I hate everyone but hate my own species slightly less. Forget trying to make a plot, seeing us trying to kill eachother should be amusing enough.

schnookums

I'm tempted to ask to jump in on the madness train you've all created. I think I would have to go with the Hunter S. Thompson charge method (Consume all the drugs within arms reach, and whatever you find written by yourself when you wake up is your character)

TheSithChicken

That is literally the only way you can make a character in this system.

Thorne

You forgot 'throw all the dice'. Just, literally .. throw all of the dice. Whatever you find later...

I'm starting to think this is one of those parties where a deity stands up and goes, 'right, so I need you and you and ... ugh. No, /you/, and you three, to do this thing. There's this cursed temple over on the next continent, I want you to uncurse it. Whoever's left gets to keep the shiny objects. What do you mean, details? I chose you, you can handle it! Now scoot. I'm busy. And don't kill each other, damnit!'

.. which, really, is the only thing that really explains this.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Thorne on April 25, 2016, 01:04:00 AM
You forgot 'throw all the dice'. Just, literally .. throw all of the dice. Whatever you find later...

I'm starting to think this is one of those parties where a deity stands up and goes, 'right, so I need you and you and ... ugh. No, /you/, and you three, to do this thing. There's this cursed temple over on the next continent, I want you to uncurse it. Whoever's left gets to keep the shiny objects. What do you mean, details? I chose you, you can handle it! Now scoot. I'm busy. And don't kill violently murder-rape each other, damnit!'

.. which, really, is the only thing that really explains this.

Fixed that for you.

Hobbes1266

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 25, 2016, 03:05:09 AM
Fixed that for you.
Good catch. Very important and accurate correction.

Yeah it might be simpler to just have it be sandbox maybe with some gm events. People may need to reroll characters if they die.

wander

Reroll a character when you die?  :o

Death is the only freedom from such horrors!  :D Let us not go through character generation a second time, I am still in the midst of it!  :D

Slowly chipping through it, but damn I thought Bleach d20 Classless was crunchy... I love how very unlikely half the things we're rolling will probably come into play... For example, does nipple length really matter?  :D

TheGlyphstone

Was gonna say, you expect people to endure this horror twice?

Keeping in the style of the GM-as-written, I think a blatantly railroady 'the Gods decree you may not harm each other until this quest is complete' decree will work just fine.

RavenBlackmoon

-raises hand- My troll doesn't believe in gods.. Nor does she understand language.

Thorne

Does she believe in not being randomly stabbed with agony..? I don't get the impression that even the 'good' deities in this setting are very nice when they want something done.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

TheGlyphstone

That just makes the railroading all the more appropriate then, doesn't it?

Quote from: Discworld, Small Gods
Whenever a philosopher comes in and says the gods don't exist, "We find their sandals later, still smoking, with a little sign saying, 'Yes, we do.'"

Though considering this is FATAL, I suspect there is less 'sandals'/'smoke' and more 'orifices'/'bleeding'.

Thorne

With the blood spelling out whatever message they wanted sent. *Sage nod*

... y'know, if we're not careful, we're gonna out-grimdark Warhammer.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

RavenBlackmoon

Random blinding pain might get her to not kill the others. She does have a decent reflection score so she should be able to learn not to do what keeps hurting her

TheGlyphstone

Combined with magic telepathy or something. Just because she doesn't speak any languages doesn't mean the gods can't choose to communicate with her if they want to (Then back up their decrees with agonizing pain).

RavenBlackmoon

I noticed a trial game in the back for level 1 adventurers. I didn't read through it so its secrets are safe. Maybe we could attempt to use that?

TheGlyphstone

It's only about 3 pages long, and mainly seems to consist of two combat encounters, but it'll give us a starting point.

Also, the boss villain of the adventure is a sorcerer named Seaman. Is anyone surprised?

(Oh, and take a look at page 975. Is that not the face of a serial killer?)

RavenBlackmoon

I for one say kill the Seaman! -grabs all the spermicide-

TheGlyphstone

...so I happened to scroll through the 'Running a Game' section, and it suggests that the Aedile always be seated higher than the players, so that they are literally required to 'look up to him' at all times.

Also, there is a magical seed you can eat called the Rapeseed of Raping. Want to guess what it compels the person eating it to do?

Thorne

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Hobbes1266

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 26, 2016, 01:56:23 AM
...so I happened to scroll through the 'Running a Game' section, and it suggests that the Aedile always be seated higher than the players, so that they are literally required to 'look up to him' at all times.

Also, there is a magical seed you can eat called the Rapeseed of Raping. Want to guess what it compels the person eating it to do?
I'm sure it has nothing to do with rape.

Who would run the seaman encounter thing?

TheGlyphstone

between its simplicity and how short it is, I don't think we need someone besides us. With the insane version of Initiative this game uses, whoever happens to be 'up next' could just use the dice roller for Seaman or its minions against a mutually agreed/random target or something. There certainly isn't an actual' plot' to the 'adventure' we need to keep secret.

wander

And I still haven't completed my character yet! xD

I've given him little spoiler tags to place all those 20 stats in, been psyching myself to actually roll them and total how much of a spud he'll be...  XD

First though I'm gonna drink some lemonade and not think about it.  ;D

schnookums

My goal is to create a terrible spell caster to keep having spell fumbles just in the desperate hope that I'll accidentally cast FATAL and destroy the world, thus ending our pain.

Hobbes1266

Quote from: schnookums on April 26, 2016, 07:39:21 PM
My goal is to create a terrible spell caster to keep having spell fumbles just in the desperate hope that I'll accidentally cast FATAL and destroy the world, thus ending our pain.

You're a good person... hopefully you're successful.