Sorcerer's Academy (Interest Check- LGBTQ friendly, NC-Exotic, Sandbox)

Started by deadmanshand, November 10, 2014, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeJay

I bet Zhonn has a golem-penis. There's only one way to find out.
O/O

Nowherewoman

Quote from: BeeJay on January 02, 2015, 10:49:44 AM
I bet Zhonn has a golem-penis. There's only one way to find out.

*giggle* That'd be unusual for me...but not totally out of the question...
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Nowherewoman

Well...at least you'd never have to worry about him/her/it going soft...
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

D12

Clay can go soft; particularly when it gets wet  :P

Name: Raven Arella Roth; Lady Raven
Role: Professor, specialties in Astral Projection, Ethereal Entities, and Foresight.
Where Do You Come From?
The City of Shrines; far to the east nestled in the mountains is the City of Shrines, a small city dedicated to the pursuit of enlightenment through spiritual and academic advancement, and the absolute abolition of violence. The citizens of the city are entirely pacifistic and do not believe violence is justified under even the most extreme of circumstances. The prophetess-leader of City teaches that it is better to die than to perform an act of violence to protect one's self.

The city is thusly highly xenophobic, believing that almost all outsiders are violent criminals; particularly those who have crossed the Blasted Hellmouth as demons are commonly found trying to enter the City of Shrines, either through coercion or illusion. The city itself is protected by powerful magical wards, and nearly every citizen possesses basic magical skill and all citizens are expected to 'volunteer' a portion of their arcane power to power the city's wards.

The city has no currency and does not acknowledge material wealth of any kind. All goods produced within the city are considered to be owned by entire city, and due to copious use of conjuration and creation magic by the city's population the people want for little. Although due to City's teachings against opulence, excess and materialism most, if not all, of the city's production are based on need, not want.

Who Are You? A tiefling.
Her father a lord of hell from the Blasted Hellmouth, her mother a white witch from the Witchlands. She is product of rape, not of violence but deception. The demon lord Typhon disguised himself as a handsome traveler to woe the lady Arella Roth, a powerful sorceress of the White Witches. He revealed himself after inseminating the sorceress.

Your Story So Far? Rachel spent her entire childhood within the City of Shrines. Where her she was raised to use her natural magical talents for the benefit of the community. Unsurprisingly she proved to have a natural aptitude for sorcery both beneficial and detrimental, and as insurance that she would grow to follow the 'true path' Rachel was taken under the direct tutelage of Azar, the reincarnated sorceress-pontifex of the City.

Under Azar's guidance, Rachel grew to master many school of magic; with the notable exception of dark magic, the very mention of which is both taboo and criminal within the City of Shrines.

What Can You Do?
Tenuous Soul-Tether: Due to Rachel's unique paternity, her mortal soul is not as firmly connected to her physical form as most. This has a number of effects, the foremost of which is that Rachel is a natural at Astral Projection, and finds less resistance when separating her Soul Self from her Physical Self.

Soul Self Sorcery: Rachel's primary is to separate her spirit or Soul Self from her physical body allowing it to act independently. When so separated her physical form is placed in a death-like state while her spirit or Soul Self might be likened to an immensely powerful poltergeist; capable of manipulating objects large and small, casting spells, possessing people, animals, and objects, and dragging people or objects, including her unconscious physical body, into alternate planes or through them as a means of teleportation. Rachel's Soul Self might be considered among the most powerful spirits currently in existence.

Prolonged separation of her physical and spiritual selves can result in death.

Planar Experience: Rachel has spent much of her life having practiced Astral Projection and exploring the transitive planes; the Astral, Ethereal and Shadow Planes. She is an authority on those planes, traversing them, and dealing with their inhabitants.

Sorcery: Rachel spent the majority of her life in the City of Shrines, where the practice of sorcery is as common place as the practice of agriculture. Furthermore she was personally tutored by the High Prophetess Azar possibly one of the most powerful White Mages in the world.
Rachel possesses a comprehensive knowledge of most kinds of magic, however her practical experience is exclusively with defensive and healing magics, while her understanding of offensive spells is entirely academic. She has only a passing knowledge of Black Magic and Necromancy and has no experience practicing either arts.

What Would You Like To See In The Game?
Adventure, exploration, light kink.

Sexuality : Pansexual, attracted to an individual's spirit/nature regardless of physical gender or even species.

Sexual On's and Offs : More or less the same as found here, although not really as sexual a being as most.

Player : D12

Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

TheSithChicken

Felix Kaiser sounds awesome, but how are you thinking of handling the other characters forgetting about you all the time in this kind of group setting? Don't get me wrong the idea sounds really interesting I'm just not sure how it would work for a story with so many people that probably need to be aware of each other.

Also I volunteer to write up cultures for various races if anyone has a basic idea or just wants to see something in the game that no one has a character from or has written about yet. Give me a starting point and I'll come up with something.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: DarkPrince on January 03, 2015, 02:28:41 PM
Felix Kaiser sounds awesome, but how are you thinking of handling the other characters forgetting about you all the time in this kind of group setting? Don't get me wrong the idea sounds really interesting I'm just not sure how it would work for a story with so many people that probably need to be aware of each other.

Also I volunteer to write up cultures for various races if anyone has a basic idea or just wants to see something in the game that no one has a character from or has written about yet. Give me a starting point and I'll come up with something.

Haha, thanks. ^^

I was thinking more of the effect acting as 'extended' absence from others company other than immediately happening. To the extent of absence, unsure, maybe in game weeks. I would imagine any longer than that, the effect would trigger on those he has not been within the presence of for that amount of time. Which may or may not lead to teachers forgetting him or certain students; though given the present small nature of the game, I am sure all acting members would be in his company so at most it may just work on the various NPCs or even the Guardian Golem thing or (s)he/it may sense some strange abnormalities of magic surrounding him from his previous sacrifices.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

deadmanshand

Well... I'm not a big fan of doctor's visits but I was not so gently forced to have one today. The news is not my favorite. I need further tests. Lots of them. Neurological tests to determine if I've lost more of my sense of pain. Getting dangerously close to becoming legally disabled on that one. And I need some tests to determine if I need surgery on my shoulder... and knee... and possibly my thigh. Sigh.

I remember being an athlete at one point and now my body is tearing itself apart.

That was closer to self pity than I like to get so back to the main issue. I'm in a lot of pain and not sleeping particularly well. My energy is becoming something of a precious commodity. As such I don't really have the energy to spare for running a group game at the moment.  One on one games are easier to do with my current issues. Sorry. I would have very much liked to run this game but real life... *shrugs*

If anyone else would like to take over I am okay with that. If not I hope to get to write with you all at some point.

BeeJay

I hope you feel better, deadmanshand. :( Rest up and heal. Hope we can write together some time.
O/O

Nowherewoman

*hug* Life is, Deadman.  Take care of yourself, we'll take care of us.