Hogwarts

Started by Lancis, January 08, 2011, 08:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bend

- A&A - On & Offs -

Lunarice

Are there any guidelines for character creation?  I'd like to get started on that if possible.

LordAnubis

If patterns hold it'd be:

Character Name:
Character House:
Character Age:
Physical Description:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Background:
Character Limits:
Characters top 3 fantasies (in no particular order):

No guarantees this is exactly what he will want, but the other two Harry Potter games where he was a Gm and Mod this is about what he had.  So at least it'll give you a good starting off point before he puts in the exact set of information he'll want.

Usually Faculty was allowed, which if it is, I have a Magical Items and Devices teacher ready to return.  Wizard shop class.

Lunarice

It definitely gives me something to work with and get more of an idea on how I want her to be ... still debating on making a teacher.  Probably whip up one of each and see which one is needed more.  Thanks LordAnubis!

Joanne87

Isn't it a bit boring to choose the house affiliation on your own ? I mean this speaking hat was such a cool thing^^
"Wenn du dich mit dem Teufel einlässt verändert sich nicht der Teufel, der Teufel verändert dich."

Meister

Nuh-uh, I already got some awesome ideas for Slytherin. I'm not gonna take a chance on being labeled a Hufflepuff. Those dudes creep me the frack out.

Kendra

The hat was only used on the first years, we'll all be 6th years up so should be well sorted at that point but I do understand what you mean. There could end up being an influx of Slytherin and Gryffindor characters leaving Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff pretty much empty.

Perhaps a quota to start off with. Depending on how many members are interested and how many characters are allowed per member.
Maybe a start off point of 6 members per house - there are of course the npc students that get used to fill the place lol
If say Gryffindor has it's 6 member quota then a note can be posted stating that no more Gryffindors are being taken until other house quotas are filled or anyone else applying for that house will have to be notified that he or she must choose another house affiliation.
When all house quotas are filled, a new quota can then be opened.

It's just an idea  ;)

bend

I'll go for a Hufflepuff character so don't worry about me for quotas...
- A&A - On & Offs -

Watari

I would go with a Ravenclaw character, myself.

kckolbe

I actually have ideas for all four houses, depending on what's needed, though I will only be playing one character. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Lancis

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=94666.0

Here we go that is the ooc, I will post links there for the new locations as they grow, as soon as we hit 1000 posts we will get a board more like the old game. :)
I do what my rice krispies tell me to!

Art is  not my work, its source online is now down, but it was a Romusz

HollowX

I have a question, are animagus acceptable?

Kendra

Lancis answered this in the OOC section that is linked up above ;)
basically yes but they must first be approved by him and must be registered

Lancis

Weare stilla ccepting students I know that not eeryone who replied here is in the game yet. You are welcome to come on over there is a link in here somewhere :)

Lancis

Kendra

Linkage for the character profile is ... HERE

;D

Lancis

Thank you Lady Kendra and yes it is :)

Sarasham

I'd be very interested in this, are you guys still accepting?
(6 days is an eternity in internet-time so I understand if not) ^__^

Mhina

I would imagine we are.

Kendra

We very much are still taking members Sarashem,

the link for rules and character posting is HERE

there are some professor roles available and of course plenty of student roles.
We're a bit short on the guy front at the moment but can't see that as being a problem, they will come in time  ;D

kckolbe

Quote from: Kendra on January 21, 2011, 04:40:28 AM
We're a bit short on the guy front at the moment but can't see that as being a problem, they will come in time  ;D

More than once, yes
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Venom09

hope you don't mind if i join in?

kckolbe

I would mind if ya didn't join.  Just throwing this out there, but I wouldn't mind one of my characters having a sister, cousin or half-sister

Intro Thread

Lancis

School is still open and seeking applicants in other words we still need players!

CarnivorousBunny

I'm definitely up for this game too!

How do you keep track of all the students though?  No profiles required or anything? 
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.