~Roleplay Cravings Inside~

Started by MabFaerie, August 27, 2012, 08:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MabFaerie

NOTE: I disappeared for the better half of two years due to RL circumstances taking precedence over RP. I sincerely apologize to anyone who was writing with me at the time. Now that things are calmer, I'd like to get back into the swing of things. If we had an old thread together that you're interested in picking back up again, please feel free to message me about it!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE.

Available Games
These are plots I'd like to explore in-depth and keep going for a good, long time

The Sins of Silent Hill

Quick Glance: A psychological horror story taking place in what used to be a lovely resort town. 
F/Any pairing available. Also willing to make this a group game if multiple parties express interest.

Plot: They say no one ends up in Silent Hill who wasn't meant to be there in the first place.
Based on the video game of the same namesake, this Silent Hill story will center around characters that are all keeping a secret/sin about themselves, (whether acknowledged or not,) which ultimately draws them to Silent Hill.
Once there, a seemingly peaceful resort town will slowly mold itself into their own personal nightmares, forcing each character to face their fears or succumb to them.

Themes/Kinks this RP will likely have: Probably going to be an Extreme game. That said, I'm expecting there will be copious amounts of nightmare fuel, psychological torment and mild to moderate violence.
It may also include some of the following, (depending on interested players desires): Non-Con, Bondage, Drugs, Alcohol.
Other elements are open for discussion.

Themes/Kinks this RP won't have: Generally speaking, I'd prefer that no characters of mine were permanently killed, however, if a player is insistent on their own character death, I'd oblige it.

One-Shot Spot
These are the games I just need to get out of my system, anything short and sweet will suffice.

Dragon Age
I very seldom prefer to write with canon characters, but I confess, I may have an obsession with a few from this particular series. If you're interested in being paired with a female OC and writing as any of the following characters from my list, let me know. I'd love to work something out.
List: Cullen Rutherford, Solas, Anders, Nathaniel Howe, Fenris, Morrigan, Leliana, Merrill.
There's also a few canon/canon pairings I'd be interested in such as Morrigan/Leliana or Merrill/Carver. I'm open to ideas, so if you have one, let me know!
Alternatively, I'm up for an OC/OC pairing within the Dragon Age setting as well.

Mass Effect
As mentioned above with Dragon Age, I seldom prefer to write with canon characters, but I'm willing to make an exception with these particular series.
While I think my personal portrayal of a character from MA would be a sad substitute for quality, I am willing to give it a shot under the right circumstances. I would greatly prefer to play an OC, if possible. As for canon characters I'd like to pair with, Garrus, Thane, Tali and Kasumi would be most preferable. Playing another OC is more than welcome though! The setting is the important part, really. The details I'm negotiable on.

Cravings
As the title implies, these are just a list of the few cravings I’d like to sate but don’t yet have any stories to go with them.
If anyone has any suggestions for the following desires, I’d love to hear about them.

Haunted
I am currently rather desperately craving a story involving a Haunted location; be it exploration of an abandoned hospital, moving into a new home with its previous tenants still lingering about, working in a haunted office space, etc. I'm looking for some place eerie, creepy and undeniably haunted.

Silent Hill
Always a fan of Survival Horror, Silent Hill holds a special place in my heart. If anyone is craving some Silent Hill action or has some ideas for a plot, PM me and we can iron out some details. ^_^

Fairy Tales
Currently I've been vying to rewrite some Grimms Brothers fairy tales. I am willing to negotiate and work out details for any Fairy Tale themed story, whether it be a new spin on an old tale or an adult retelling of a more recent one.

Fatal Frame and/or Siren
In case you haven't noticed yet, I'm a sucker for the Survival Horror genre and Fatal Frame is one of my weaknesses.
I’m looking for a good old haunted Japanese manor/village/hospital/etc. I’m really not sure how this one would play out, but I assume if it were solo, we could easily take turns playing as ghosts as well as siblings/friends with access to the Camera Obscura. It would take some ironing out, but if anyone loves these series as much as I do, I would be elated to try and work something out.

Futuristic/Virtual Reality
Ideally, I'd love to play a .hack or Sword Art Online themed plot with characters running about a new virtual reality game. I'm sure I'll come up with a plot idea for this one soon, but if anyone has something now just let me know~

The Last Of Us/Zombie Apocolypse/Nuclear Fallout
I wouldn't mind joining a group rp for this one, but solo is preferred. It’s pretty self-explanatory. I want to be survivors in a post-apocalyptic setting, be it Zombie themed or more Fallout themed, I’m mostly just craving some gun shooting and witty retorts =)

Older Games
These are games that I'm either no longer seeking partners for or just decided to put away for a while. If you find something that interests you here, do feel free to PM me about it as I'm always willing to give an old game another shot.

Doctor Who

Quick Glance: Adventures through time and space with The Doctor and his Companions. Most likely a non-adult game, but I could be convinced to make it adult if my partner insists. The main characters would be The Doctor, a female companion and a male companion that are siblings. I would play the siblings, and my partner would play The Doctor. (Due to the canon content involved, this pairing is NOT OPEN for discussion.)
(On an unrelated side note, my inspiration for the brother and sisters relationship in this story is the song "Going In Blind" by P.O.D.)

The Plot: (I've thought this one through A LOT and it shows ^^; )
Our story begins with a girl who is in the moderately late stages of a lethal illness, but it doesn't show much at first since she is taking medicine to stall its effects. She meets the Doctor, he takes a liking to her and asks her to be his companion. One of the first things she says to him is, “Can you take me somewhere I've never been before?”
Her brother, by accident or by force, insists on coming along, if only with the intent to bring his sister back home as soon as possible.

Many wacky adventures ensue as is common when following The Doctor, with the sister being very light hearted and fun about every scenario, and the brother being grouchy and cynical. The brother is constantly reminding his sister to take her medicine and to slow down and to stay out of harms way, but the sister pays him little mind. (She does take her medicine, however).
Their relationship is affectionate and kind, but she is a little too adventurous for his tastes and he is too serious for hers. There are a few moments here and there where she gets him to let loose, but for the most part he is consistently chiding her for being ‘careless’ with her health and watching out for her well-being. Throughout their time with the Doctor, they are constantly saving each others lives for one reason or another, showing that the brother needs his sister as much as the she needs him.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
(A funny little idea I had that would be a running gag is the Doctor Response of “Fixed point in time” to all of The Sisters specific statements. She’d be all “Why didn’t you stop Hitler?” and he’d go “Fixed point in time”. And she’d say “Well, what about saving Abraham Lincoln?” and he’d say “Fixed point in time” and she’d go “You could have done something about World War 2!” and he’d go “Fixed point in time!” And at last she’d be like “Tch. That fixed point in time sounds pretty damn convenient for you” As if she didn’t believe him. And every now and then, she’d toss another event his way, and he would reply with the same phrase. The brother would always hassle her and tell her to stop pestering The Doctor with questions that would always have the same answer. Finally, it gets to the point where both The Brother and The Doctor are saying “fixed point in time” to the sister at the same time, although the brother always sounds more annoyed about it.)

It is not revealed until much later in the storyline that the sister is seriously ill, however. (The take your medicine reminders are very brief and only ever lightly implied an illness. It allows one to assume maybe she just has an allergy of some sort, rather than any serious life-threatening problem)

It is only after the TARDIS lands a few years into the future, near a graveyard, that The Brother is seen looking at a Tomb Stone and ushering his sister away before she can see what it says. (It is largely implied that it is HER tomb stone he saw and he doesn’t want her or anyone else to see it)

It is then that she goes and says something along the lines of “Alright, let’s give the Elephant in the room its name. I’m dying. There. I said it. Can we move on now?” Her less than worried attitude upsets the brother and they get into an argument, most of which he is being angry and cynical and she is joking around, with responses like,

Girl: Oh, come on. Everybody dies. I mean look at The Doctor, he’s died what, ten times now?
Doctor: Eleven
Girl: Eleven times! That’s impressive, you know. Considering, most people don’t past once, maybe twice, but Eleven! He’s good at this really, he’s a pro at dying.
Brother: It’s not funny!

A bigger plot event causes them to put their argument aside and continue on saving the world as per usual Doctor Who shenanigans. During this event, the bottle of medicine she carries is lost and due to the area they’re in (or due to whatever plot shenanigans they’re up to) they cannot leave to get more. The TARDIS has to stay where it is.

By time that issue has solved, it’s been a few days without her medicine and she’s starting to look pale.
When at last she gets her medicine again, it seems like the days without it have really taken their toll on her. She seems weak, shaky, unstable but her personality doesn't falter. She seems as determined as ever to keep going and keep living, despite her bodys own protests.

Towards the end of the story, it is clear she is dying. Her medicine is doing little to help her and the brother is desperate and willing to do anything to save her.

The Sister, knowing that she’d dying, asks The Doctor, just like the day they met, “Can you take me somewhere I’ve never been before?” She wants him to take her somewhere new. Somewhere beautiful and vibrant and full of life.

At that point in the story, they head aboard an alien planet lush with beautiful plant life and an array of stunning colours and races. It is exactly what The Sister has asked for. At peace, she feels she can accept her death.

Only, another mystery takes hold. The group soon noticed that this planet seems to thrive with mysteriously advanced medical technology. Everyone is young and healthy, there are no old, feeble or sick people there. No one appears to be beyond the age of 50 or so.

It is later revealed that once the adults reach a certain point in age, (Age not so much in numeric value exactly, but in wear and tear on the body, events experienced, achievements made, etc etc) they transmit their remaining life force to a family member or friend, so that the remaining individual may live a longer, healthier, fuller life, who in turn does the same thing to their friend or family member in due time. This repeats a cycle of constant, healthy, long-lived individuals who are never beyond the appearance of late adulthood.

As one might expect, with The Sister dying, The Brother decides to take hold of the alien technology and transfer his lifeforce to his sister, despite her pleas for him not too. She begs The Doctor to reverse it, but he cannot. Once the life has been transferred, there is no going back.

The Brother dies, but just before he does, he smiles at his sister and makes a joke about having known all along, that this was a ‘Fixed Point in Time’.

Some time later, at the same graveyard from before, it is revealed that the grave from before was not one that belonged to The Sister, but instead, it belonged to The Brother. 

With her illness gone and a whole new life ahead of her, she says her final, tearful goodbyes to her brother at his grave, and is last seen stepping aboard the TARDIS with the Doctor, asking him, once more, “Can you take me somewhere I've never been before? “

It is worth noting that this story can be edited and altered to suit any specific needs of my partner, please don't allow it's lengthy description to deter you from any inquiries you may have about it.

Winter Lodge

Quick Glance: This roleplay is a straight-forward haunted house theme. I’m looking for someone willing to either play a ghost or play a cute neighbor that my character befriends, who will aid in either getting rid of the ghosts, and/or communicating with them. It would likely be a F/M pairing. (This pairing is OPEN for discussion)

Plot: James Clarke had just suffered a nasty divorce and desperately needed a change of scenery.
So he packed up his house in sunny Los Angeles, California and moved to Aspen, Colorado, fixing up an old Inn and renovating it into a Winter Lodge.
His only daughter Alexandra, somehow got roped into tagging along with him and helping him run the lodge, suffering mixed emotions from the whirlwind of events.

The renovations seemed to be running smoothly enough and James was able to open the lodge for business sooner than planned. However, on one particularly snowy evening when everyone was indoors by the fire, Alexandra decided to do a bit of exploring of the lodge with plans of getting a better feel for the place.
Much to her dismay, the house in itself appears normal. There are no strange passages that she can find, no hidden alcoves or hollow walls. As far as she can tell, it's a perfectly normal, perfectly boring lodge.

However, soon enough strange noises begin to sound, night after night, a creaking of floorboards where no one has walked along, pounding on walls in sections of the house where no one lives, clanging of shutters against the window when there's no wind. James swears it is merely the house settling, but Alexandra wonders if it may be something more...
Clockwork Hearts

Quick Glance: A romance between a human girl and an android, taking place in a futuristic, alternate earth. Elements of Mystery and Suspense added in for taste~
I had a F/M pairing in mind for this one. (This pairing is OPEN for discussion)

Plot: In a futuristic society, Androids, Mechanical beings and Computerized A.I. sporting life-like bodies are common day sights. Comprised of wires and circuitry and considered glorified PCs despite their human appearance, they are often tasked with secretarial work, bookkeeping and minor manual labor.
Older models, designed with clockwork circuitry have almost all been phased out of stores and replaced by newer, more popular electrical models.

In this story my character, Gabrielle Woods, a university student working a full time job at her campus library, is looking to purchase an Android in the hopes to have someone who can help out at home while she is at work or school. Being low on funds, she decides to purchase the last of an older clockwork circuit model on non-refundable clearance-- only to find that upon taking it home, it doesn't actually work.

Opening up the Android and tinkering with its design only results in failure. No matter what Gabrielle does, the Android refuses to power up. Lacking the funds or skill necessary to fix the android any further, Gabrielle chalks it up as a lost cause. Gabrielle then makes plans to recycle the Android after her work shift but when she returns home she discovers the android is somehow functioning.
Not only that, but the Android is convinced it is human, or at the very least was human at some point. It believes that it retains the memory of a person who sources claim is dead. 
Further exploration into this topic reveals that a number of older Androids happen to either look identical to or retain memories from previously deceased humans. This leads Gabrielle and her Android to fear that the origin of the Android is not in fact a PC in a human-like body, but actually humans who have been 'upgraded' into Android bodies. 

Should they leave well enough alone and keep this information to themselves? Or do they risk their lives exposing the truth to society?

The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

MabFaerie

Added Boarding School/University setting ideas.

Updated to indicate which plots were now taken, including Oviposition, Potterverse and Apocolypse RPs.
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

MabFaerie

Updated to clean out some old stories that are gone and tidy up the new ones.

MabFaerie

Updated to add Clockwork Hearts, SCP:Containment Breach and remove taken plots.

MabFaerie

Updated to move 'I only have eyes for you' back to available games and tie up a few other lose ends.

MabFaerie

Updated with newly added cravings and  Heart of Snow plot idea.