I feel bad for some people

Started by Mistiq, May 03, 2006, 09:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistiq

Hellor, Mistiq here.

I know that a name is a personal gift given to a child by its parents but sometime...I don't know what to say about what people choose. I know that names are unique as the should be but sometimes the you uniqueness of a persons name can really set them back in life. Aside from that some names are just not nice...or don't sound right, mean sound and just are "ghetto"

A perfect example of unique names that can set you back. My sister's names are Konesha and LaQuisha, very ghetto sounding in everyone's opinion, my sisters often wish they'd had different names. Here are few more examples...

Heineisha, that bitch, I can't stand...nevermind. That's pronounced Hi-ne-sha
Da'skyneisha - That's pronounced Day-sky-ne-sha
Lemunique, I know you might as well have named the woman unique-lemon. That's pronounced how it's spelled
Ikeya
Laquishiana- When heard this I was like what the fuck- La-qui-shee-own-a
Mistiq-I know this my name, but not my government name--thank god. get a job would be hard with this as my first name. Trust me.

You know what else though some names are just wow. My best friend has a friend that has twins named....drum roll please....

Lemon Jello and Lime Jello
That is almost as bad as what one of my friend was going to do name her twins Ebony and Ivory.
I would do this myself but naming kids after food is okay depending on what it is I guest.
Apple is cute name, it sounded funny to my ears at first, but then I thought that might only work for Gwenth.

But you know you who needs to be slapped in my book. My cusion Tasha, she's got four kids with five names each. (All of them long and "Ghetto") It's like one first name, two middle names, and two last names. (Hers and thier dads). I feel so bad for her baby girl. I don't even know her first name, I only know to call her seven, because that's how many names she has. I know I am wrong for that but even if I did no her name, dealing with Tasha I sure I couldn't pronounce it. Tasha setting her kids up for failure. Giving them two strikes one them already

What do think

King_Furby

You should see what famous people name their kids. LOL but when you have money your name does not matter so much.

Mistiq

Quote from: King_Furby on May 03, 2006, 10:23:35 PM
You should see what famous people name their kids. LOL but when you have money your name does not matter so much.
Right. Like Nick Cage, named his son Superman's real name (the one he had on Krypton, which I still can't say.)

King_Furby

All i know is that it stars with a K.

as for superman i never really liked the movies, but i like the two tv series. Smallville and Louis and Clark. Dean Cain was the best superman

Mistiq

Quote from: King_Furby on May 03, 2006, 10:31:10 PM
All i know is that it stars with a K.

as for superman i never really liked the movies, but i like the two tv series. Smallville and Louis and Clark. Dean Cain was the best superman
Yeah, I am not even going to hazzard a guess. I hate Smallville it makes very little sense to me, Birds of Prey now that's another story.

And of course you'd say that ::)

Jefepato

Quote from: Mistiq on May 03, 2006, 10:28:47 PM
Right. Like Nick Cage, named his son Superman's real name (the one he had on Krypton, which I still can't say.)

Kal-El.

Elvi

It's hard when you are a parent, to try and decide on something that suits both your tastes and what your child will have to live with.

In the end, our daughter got an unusual first name, backed up by the 'ordinery' first names of her grandmothers.
In this way, we thought that if she didn't like the name we gave her, then she had a choice of others.

It would have been nice, if we could have done with her what we do when we get pets.
We don't name them as soon as we get them and wait to see what their characters are like, unfortunately, in the UK, births have to be registered within a week......

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Mistiq

I see your point. It's like my sisters' don't name your baby before it's born rule. She thinks it's a bad idea for that same reason you find it unfortunate that people aren't allowed to what while longer before registering thier children's information. The names she thought about for her baby-girl Komarri were not even close to what she was actucally named.

That was smart I think, but none of my cusion's kids have normal names anywhere. Poor kids, you know how in pre-school the give you that papper to learn how to write your name? It takes three peices of that papper for the second to youngest to write her name. (If you don't know what paper I am taking about it's bage and four lines on wide-ruled notebook take up as much space as one line on pre-school papper.)

Monochromatic

°††°
A friend of mine, has the last name: "Fuhgnutt".

Boy do I have a field day with that.

Elvi

Natalie, I have deleted your post.
That, as far as I am concerned, is the last time that you spout out your religious or racist retoric on this site.

To say that I am disgusted at not only what you have said you have done, but even more so that you have the gaul to actually brag about it here, is almost beyond words.

Natalie is now a restricted member until such times as I can speak with the other goddesses and Lilac
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

robitusinz

When it came around to naming my daughter, my wife and I thought about this topic, i.e. her name is going to reflect upon her in some fashion.  So, we decided to stick to more traditional names, while at the same time choosing a name that we could easily use as a nickname while she was still young.  My wife's name is Angie...just Angie...not Angela, not Angelique, just Angie.  So I always tease her about the fact that she's gonna be an 80-year-old woman named "Angie".  It's just funny to me to think about that.  Also, I have 3 sisters-in-law, Daritza, Rathoyka and Sheila.  Her mother thought she was giving them names similar to Russian supermodels, but somehow didn't realize they'd be living in the US...not Russia - so these names are just plain weird.

In order to avoid the same naming fiasco with our daughter, what we did was pick out something mature-sounding and traditional, that we could easily nickname.  We ended up with Melissa Alexandra.  We call her "Misha", which I'm sure will end up evolving into "Mely" once she hits school.

I do wish more parents would think about these things before naming their kids, though.  One of my best friends works as a processor for imigration, and some of the names he's told me that people register with are just plain hilarious.  The best one, though, or at least the one that's stuck with me is "Female Baby Garcia".  Apparently, according to the story the woman told my friend, was that when she was born, her parents, who didn't speak English, thought that the hospital had already given her a name, and since they wanted to give her an American name, they just left it.
I'm just a vanilla guy with a chocolate brain.

Mistiq

Oh that's a really nice nickname. And it reminds me of what I plan to do if ever I have I twins with the man I want to have kids with, (if he's taken when I want my kids I give up on them I will adopt) no matter the gender I will most likely name them Errin-Alex and Aleji-Arron. I just think those are pretty names but my ideas may change.

Also, my sudder was looking in my neices 1st grade year book. There is a little boy whose first name is Doctor, how cute.

But honestly, General Venable on of my sudder's Pity Officers who retired.