News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Suggestion for avatars.

Started by CalypsoShade, November 14, 2010, 02:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalypsoShade

I was looking through all of the avatars under 'females' and I noticed that all of them are white, except one woman who might have been Mexican. Can we please have women of color to choose as avatars?

Lilias

The avatar libraries are pretty much standard issue (I have seen the same images on several forums) and I'm not sure if they can be tampered with. But if they don't cover your preferences, by all means upload and use an image of your own choice.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

Just a bit of extra info on avatars:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=34268.msg1781568#msg1781568

Short version:  Keep it appropriate, and keep it at or below 150wx200h. 

Lots of people upload their own avatars, and if you're looking for something and having trouble finding it, drop a note in the 'Finders and Seekers' sub-board.  You'll probably have plenty to choose from before you know it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

CalypsoShade

Yes, I saw that I can upload my own avatar. It's not so much that I need to upload one, as I would like for the forum to feel more inclusive. If it can be tampered with, I sincerely hope my suggestion is taken into consideration.

Vekseid

All someone needs to do  is make an avatar directory for me to upload, or point me to one.  I've been finally getting into rendering again and of course you can use anything I render for avatars here. Shanakdakhete and  Onyxray are African (Nubian/Ethiopian, specifically, though one is an elf >_>). Only have a few humans planned, though.

Given the amount of Asian and African women here I certainly don't want them to feel left out.