Closed

Started by deerpoob, May 21, 2009, 03:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerpoob

Closed

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'm interested, especially in playing the character stored in blue liquid, if that is possible, if not, I still would be interested.

I'd suggest something to prolong the voyage, a crash, in a dense jungle or maybe just a way that requires a huge detour.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Night Walker

I'm interested. Do you have a character profile for people to fill in?

PeacethatPowerbrings

Yeah, so their engine is wrecked and it causes her stasis or whatever she's in to be interrupted. Oh and I was think it would be a girl too, I just want to play her, so as long as you don't mind me playing a female, then I'll do my character sheet pronto.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Valentine "Val"
Race: Faerie
Affiliation: None
Appearance: Appears mostly human, slim with an hourglass figure, and "chameleon"-like hair, changing colour frequently, though mostly between bright, strange colours, electric blue, blood red, hot pink, white, black, green. Depending on mood. Her eyes follow the same pattern, matching her eyes.

Nature/personaility: Neutral, calm, most often rational impulsive at times.
Clothing/equipment: None
Tech/magic: Obliteration and Shielding, Healing.

Night Walker

Siegfried Smith

Race: Human

Affiliation: Technology

Hobby: Inventor & Explorer/Adventurer

Appearance: 6’2; nearly waist-long, straight, black hair (usually tied back into a ponytail); grey eyes; very fit, muscular physique; doesn’t shave regularly and consequently has frequent heavy stubble; small hoop earring in right earlobe

Nature/Personality:  Focussed, Independent, Leader, Loyal, Dreamer

Siegfried has a tendency to fixate on whatever task is at hand to the point that one may have to yell just to draw his attention. Bear in mind, the “task at hand” is very likely one of Siegfried’s own interest and choosing, and not the job that has been assigned. He is loyal though and the best damn engineer you’ll meet, even if he doesn’t look the way one would expect from his tech-head reputation and career. If you want something made, Siegfried will make it better than anyone. The trick is convincing him to work for you.

More than anything, Siegfried is an independent spirit. He’ll work with you if you happen to be on the same road as him, but try to slow him down at all and he’ll walk away, unless he owes you. Siegfried never leaves a debt unpaid, and consequently tries to indebt himself as little as humanly possible. Oddly enough though, Siegfried enjoys being in charge. He will only ask for help if absolutely needed, but offer help and he’ll gladly put you to work. These qualities make him both a dream come true and a nightmare as a chief engineer. He’ll get the job that is needed done, even if it means totally ignoring the captain at times. One thing people quickly learn about Siegfried is that he never gives up, ever.

As pragmatic and analytical as Siegfried’s mechanically bent mind is, he has the heart of a dreamer. He constantly tinkers with new inventions in his spare time, most with the intent to help people (some just for the fun or challenge of it). These can range from an improved prosthetic limb, to better methods of transportation, to new forms of defensive tools (or on occasion just a new way to blow stuff up for fun).

Clothing/Equipment:
-   Heavy leather vest
-   Reinforced pants
-   Ankle boots
-   Wide kidney belt
-   Thick belt with large, round, steel buckle
-   Thick steel vambraces and greaves
-   Custom made sabre “Gear Cutter”
-   Several small crystal explosives
-   Belt pouches containing various tools, work gloves, screws, nuts, washers, small energy crystals, and various other supplies needed for doing jobs ranging from field repairs on equipment to inventing new gadgets (provided he can find enough scrap metal)

Tech/Magic:
-   Machine Affinity (can “feel” when something is wrong with a machine - great for working out "bugs")
-   Sense Magic (useful for finding power sources, or for knowing when overly religious tech haters are lurking around nearby)
-   Technomancer (there is no real scientific explanation for how and why some of Siegfried’s inventions and mechanical improvements work, they just do. Most conclude that he must have some kind of magical ability when it comes to technology)

Other Abilities:
-   Swordsman
-   Boxer

Night Walker

surprised how dead it is here. No one likes steampunk?

Night Walker

You assume people know me. I've had one or two people approach me ever, and was simply because they liked my writing and story ideas.

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'll see if I can get some people to join, we don't need many do we? Two more is about right?

Night Walker

Well, I've met a few, but of those I'm not sure how into steampunk/fantasy they are.

2-3 more people at least would be nice.

Phaia

i love the steampunk genre but at the moment I am tied up creating a persona for Hairy's Scion/deadland thread [steampunk with horror aspect and Scions]

Will look back in on this in a few days

Phaia