Original Superheroes. Freeform with system influence (CLOSED)

Started by NileGoddess, July 07, 2011, 02:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NileGoddess

Thank you for the application, dolly!

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by 'wanderer' in Enigma's role in the League?

Isengrad

not like she needs to, if you can bend the minds of normal folk.. you can getwhat you want or need prety easily

original artwork by karabiner

Kaisude

I want to join, but I am not sure on the dice system myself. Some quick help and I should have a CS soon.

NileGoddess

What would you like to know about the dice system?

To further applicants: The Order is in need of a leader figure. If you would like to apply, please post accordingly.

Kaisude

How do I roll for the attributes? How many sides and all that. If I can figure this all out, I will apply for the leader of the order. Should be fun.

NileGoddess

You don't roll the attributes, you just pick them, and you can customize your character based off of them. Unless you mean during the roleplay and not the character creation. It's all explained on the first post of this thread (such as the dicebot coding).

Kaisude

Dossier on Night Fox

Alignment:Order
Profession:Martial Arts Instrucor
Strengths:

• Highly Trained in Mixed Martial Arts
  • Rapid Cell Regeneration
Weaknesses:

• The Opposite Sex
  • Claustrophobic
Suspected Origin:When Teiko was born his mother had been given several performance enhancing drug. Being a General in the Military had its quirks. The drugs were to reduce the amount of pain she would feel, but instead they did nothing for her. The drugs combined and while in the womb Teiko's body absorbed the mixture of the drugs and the combination gave him rapid cell regeneration. After he was born his mother raised him in a military life style and taught him obedience, decorum, and how to lead. While in academy school he got in to a fight Teiko beat the kid up, but suffered a broken nose. On his way to the nurses office he could feel his nose straightening back up, and the blood stopped. From there on he did test on himself to see if he would heal as fast as the first time.
Power Description:Teiko's power works in a multitude of ways. If he is hurt I.E broken bone, cut, or even a bullet wound his body will heal several times faster than a normal humans. It also repairs tears in ligaments, basically anything short of ligament removal it can be heal faster and better than a normal human's body.
Role in Order/League:As the Leader of the Order Teiko along with his comrades helps orchestrate plots and plans to stop the League. He keeps the group together and does his best to make the right decisions for them. Practically a martyr for them as well, being that he has a better chance at surviving than some of the other do. 

Attributes

Strength:2 Speed:4Intellect:2
Endurance:2 Agility:4 Perception:2

Nom De Plume

Dossier on Ice (Colloquially known; Dick Frosty, Bobsleigh or "Bob.")

Alignment:League
Profession:Peddler, Pimp, Pharmatician.
Strengths:
    • Atmospheric Hypotemperation
    • Cryogenic Core
    [/list]
    Weaknesses:
      • Snake in the Grass
      • Ice Sculpture
      [/list]
      Suspected Origin:
      Meet Dick. Dick was just a year and a half old when Jamaica's first snowfall arrived. People were delighted for a while... Until the hail rolled in, the fifty-mile winds kicked up and a hurricane formed within a stone's throw of the beach, due to the sudden, localized shift in atmospheric temperature. It wasn't until his father, George Brahms- a convection-stand seller of grilled chicken- put his now solidly-frozen son under the infrared lights he used to keep the chicken warm to "thaw out" did the storm just vanish, leaving most of the island bewildered. It is unclear wether the child originated the storm or vice-versa; his father simply swears by the two-dozen high voltage infrared lights he bolted into his sons cieling after the incident.
      Power Description:
      Both of his latent powers stem from the literal icey stone that is Brahm's heart; his body is suffused with cold energies, and he can effect the climate around him to a radius of several kilometers. He can transmute the rest of his body into solid ice as well, and rebuild his form by shedding and "extracting" water- wether to reconstruct a bit of himself, or to change what he looks like. His body seems to replace these molecules for a synthetic liquid compound that freezes 50 degrees above asbsolute zero. It takes focus, however, not to have the process happen automatically. Radiation, wether from searing heat or intense solar rays, seem to render him more human- attributes, scars, and dismemberments here tend to become more permanent, the body losing the "ties" to these polyids. Heat also "loosens" the polyids- this makes Richard somewhat loopy, and particularly slow on the ball.
      Role in League:
      Works neighborhoods and districts over for money- Utilizing his powers to set siege to their people with golf-ball sized hail and terrible storms. Doubles as a bouncer of sorts for those higher up the food chain.
      Attributes[/font]
      [/font]
      Strength: 2
      Speed: 0
      Intellect: 4
      Endurance: 6
      Agility: 1
      Perception: 4
      [/td][/tr][/table]
      A&A

NileGoddess

Kaisude, your character looks great, but I'm getting some mixed messages. You said he was raised by Yakuza, yet he is the leader of the Order. There's not much in the way of how he acts or how he is as a person, or what his background is in being a hero. I'm being pretty lenient on characters, but I don't think your character suits the role of leader of an organized group of superheroes. You can still play him if you wish and join the game, but the position of leader just might not work out with that build.

Nom, your character also looks good. Something got a little mixed up with your coding though, and there's a bunch of /statements trailing some parts. I will look into that and forward you the fixes, but I'm willing to bet it's probably something simple. The League already has a cold based character, Milady de Winter. Her powers are slightly different in function though, so let me talk it over with the player and see what she thinks. Also, I noticed that you're fairly new to the site, and I'm looking for a pretty considerable effort for this game, not to mention a commitment.

Kaisude

Perhaps I could change around the origin of his powers to make it so he could have leader potential?

Nom De Plume

I don't want to be the cause of any stress, so I'll elaborate: I was versed in RP before coming to Elliquy, and I'm a very competent writer (and modest, too!) At worst you can try me out in some low level missions that you'll set up for practice and if my activity or writing is sub-par, you can just say that I'm not invited to the next. I can manage with a little rejection.
      A&A

NileGoddess

Quote from: Kaisude on August 05, 2011, 12:26:59 PM
      Perhaps I could change around the origin of his powers to make it so he could have leader potential?

If you could, I think that would be great. His overall character doesn't just seem to say 'leader'. Of course, you don't have to take the leader position if you'd rather not.

Quote from: Nom De Plume on August 05, 2011, 07:20:16 PM
      I don't want to be the cause of any stress, so I'll elaborate: I was versed in RP before coming to Elliquy, and I'm a very competent writer (and modest, too!) At worst you can try me out in some low level missions that you'll set up for practice and if my activity or writing is sub-par, you can just say that I'm not invited to the next. I can manage with a little rejection.

Okay! I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't your first time or anything. As long as you have had past experience, then that's fine.

Kaisude

I would love to be the leader, and I made an edit. It's rather vague, but I hope it's what you are looking for.

NileGoddess

Nom, I've decided against bringing in another ice character for The League. The game's not nearly large enough where duplicate powers wouldn't be much of an issue. Did you have any other character builds in mind?

Nom De Plume

I could probably write dear old Jones in as some sort of Overseeing Power for the Order, to fill that leader gap you seem to have.
      A&A

NileGoddess

Kaisude, he looks a lot better now. Sounds more like a leader should, or at least he has the capacity to lead. Go ahead and post him in the character thread and check in on the OOC. Both are linked on the first post.

Nom, since Kaisude was here first, he has first choice. If you want to generate another character, please feel free to do so.

Nom De Plume

Learned that I'm going to leave for a week sometime soon, so I'll play it safe and just pull out for now. Maybe you'll need me later, who knows?  XD
      A&A

NileGoddess

I see. If you wish to apply again when you have more time, please feel free to do so.

Latooni Subota

Hope you don't find me annoying, but I'm just pointing out that Dirigible wanted to be a possible Leader too, way back on the first page. Why not have them work together as co-leaders? After all, good guys work together, right? Just my two cents.

I'm currently trying to think up a concept for a League-er. :3
      ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

NileGoddess

Dirigible has since left the game due to other commitments, but thanks for the input.

Latooni Subota

Oh! That's a shame, I liked his character. But yeah, I'm thinking the League needs a token 'failure' villain, who's only on the team because it's better than having the Order possibly rehabilitate her. Still trying to think up a good mix of powers/weaknesses though.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Isengrad

Just letting you know, At this point the league has a lot of planers.. a speedster or a powerhouse is always appreciated. but please make the character you want ^^

original artwork by karabiner

Latooni Subota

Yeah, I noticed. THough it totally fits that the league has like, four super-smarty-devious types that will PROBABLY end up at each other's throats over little things. I don't often play smartypants superheroes unless I'm using an Inventor/Battlesuit-type anyways, and I'm not doing that this time I think :O

esclavage

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 07, 2011, 03:58:48 PM
      Oh! That's a shame, I liked his character. But yeah, I'm thinking the League needs a token 'failure' villain, who's only on the team because it's better than having the Order possibly rehabilitate her. Still trying to think up a good mix of powers/weaknesses though.

What, Glamorous doesn't count?  Guess that means I need to try harder.   ;) ;D

Though in the same vein, love to see what you'll come up with.

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
      They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
      Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
      Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Latooni Subota

Actually, I was thinking Glamorous and my girl could team up on street level capers! Let me post her up and I'll explain why! If Glamorous is the 'Sword', then Miss Hyde can be the 'Shield'! :O

Dossier on Miss Hyde

Alignment:League
      Profession:Unemployed
      Strengths:

• Drug-Induced Tactile Telekinesis
      • Drug-Induced Telekinesis
      Weaknesses:

• Serum Dependance
      • Greedy
      Suspected Origin:All in all, Lucy is exceptionally normal. She lived a regular life with regular parents in a regular neighborhood at regular schools. It wasn't until she contracted a unique and debilitating disease that she became something special. Named Laplace Syndrome, her body seemed to just start breaking down all on it's own from the inside-out. An experimental drug from a League-owned corporation helped her condition, but an accidental overdose forced a change in her brain chemistry, throwing her into a wild rage and revealing amazing powers! Since then, she obeys the League in order to continue to get the medicine that keeps her alive. Well, that and pay is good. And have you SEEN how pretty the League members are?!
      Power Description:Her Serum, when given to her in a highly concentrated dosage, accelerates her unique brain chemistry and grants her telekinetic powers. Her tactile telekinesis makes her body near-invulnerable to traditional sources of damage, as well as enhances her strength . . sort of. With enough focus she can use her telekinesis to fling objects at people, and fly! . . well . . if you call flinging yourself into the air flight. Sadly, the powers have a rather random time limit, lasting anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour per dose. It is an experimental drug after all.
      Role in Order/League:Ms. Hyde is just another loyal minion to the League. She assists in street-level capers, lending a little muscle where necessary. Not only that but she makes a brilliant human shield! . . for a limited amount of time.

Attributes

Strength: +4Speed: +2Intellect: 0
      Endurance: +8Agility: +2Perception: 0