The Marauders Triwizard. (Harry Potter)

Started by Kaileikehi, April 13, 2010, 12:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaileikehi

A couple of friends and I are looking to start an rp involving the Marauders (Harry Potter's parents/their friends). The plotline is to start with a part at the Potter's house including all of the high up families in the wizarding world (and whatever friends their children bring along hinthint) and then later move on to having a Triwizard Tournament at Hogwarts. This means that characters may be from other schools (Beauxbatons and Durmstrang) and we'll need mostly student characters as opposed to teachers which whoever can use when needed. We're looking for people with decent writing skills (a two paragraph minimum), so, we'd like it if you could pm me or Toto, a writing prompt of sorts.

The writing prompt has to be the character you're using doing something. Easy and simple as that. However, anyone wishing to play a canon character (one from the books) must submit a prompt of the following: The character is doing their very favorite activity.

This is a list of the characters we currently have.

Remus Lupin~ Toto
Lily Evans~ Kaileikehi
Monet Le Roux~ S U P E R RED
Snape Snape, Severus Snape~ SylarCookie

And this is a list of characters we require before we can start playing.

James Potter
Sirius Black

And here's who we don't nessacarily need, but it would be nice to have.

Peter Pettigrew
Severus Snape

If you have a question, feel free to ask here or pm me. ^_^

Toto

To make things easier, I'm Toto. I'm online a lot more often than Kai, so feel free to send what she wants to me instead of her.

S U P E R RED

Ex68471

Okay, I am very interested, but have a quick question. When I write up a prompt, do I need to include a character sheet in the PM?
Experiments 68469, 68470, and 68472 were perfect successes.
I am Experiment 68471, the catastrophic failure!

My Ons and Offs. Still a work in progress!

Attention: Everybody
I have horribly unreliable Internet. If I am on and suddenly am not, that is the most likely reason. Sorry! :D

Toto

Erm, if its your own character, yeah. I mean, just a general description of them should be fine and hopefully the prompt will fill in the rest.  If it's a canon character, just the prompt will do. We know who they are.

Tydorei

Sounds cool. I'll make a character for this.

Kaileikehi

Yeah, prolly a good idea to send stuff to Toto. My access is limited until the wireless returns. *face*

S U P E R RED

Toto

Well, this is going nowhere fast. How 'bout we roll out some plot ideas and see if anyone else not in our little group has anything to add?

Kaileikehi

...except I usually come up with the plots...  :P

SylarCookie

I could be interested in playing Severus. How old are the characters here? Eighteen, I'm guessing?

Toto

17-18, yeah. Last year of school for the Marauders.

SylarCookie

Hmm, if it's still free later tonight, I might write on that prompt.

Toto

That's awesome. I hope you decide to join us!

MingMing

I'm intrigued, but would love to know more.  What kind of themes and material do you plan to go with this?  How 'adult' is this going to be?  How far in the timeline, and will there be opportunities to change events or will the players be locked in?
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Toto

Well, as of right now, everything is kind of u in the air theme wise. We are welcoming any input you may have, but right now we just have a very loose theme that is open to slight changes. Adult wise, I'd say consensual sex, just because I know my other friends aren't as...open about the other stuff as I am, but it can be as descriptive as you'd like(we'd prefer descriptive, really!). From experience, we usually start at the beginning of the year to encourage everyone to develop relationships that can start at school and possibly last afterwards, or just be an at school type of deal. Aaaaand, I'm not sure I understand the last part of your question. XD;

MingMing

Quote from: Toto on April 22, 2010, 01:18:32 AM
Well, as of right now, everything is kind of u in the air theme wise. We are welcoming any input you may have, but right now we just have a very loose theme that is open to slight changes. Adult wise, I'd say consensual sex, just because I know my other friends aren't as...open about the other stuff as I am, but it can be as descriptive as you'd like(we'd prefer descriptive, really!). From experience, we usually start at the beginning of the year to encourage everyone to develop relationships that can start at school and possibly last afterwards, or just be an at school type of deal. Aaaaand, I'm not sure I understand the last part of your question. XD;

Well... for example... will James & Lily be destined to die, betrayed by Peter Pettigrew?  Will Voldemort grow inevitably to power and then fall?  Is the canon universe more of a backdrop to build upon or a constraint that the player characters are locked to abide by?

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Toto

Well, I think right now we're gonna go with canon for the most part. I mean, Voldy will still be in the works and stuff, but I'm not sure most of the other stuff applies since this will mostly take place before the book gives much information. Like, I assume James and Lily will still be together-ish and Snape will still hate them all, but other than that, there's not much info about that time.

Kaileikehi

Which is one of the reasons why it's so fun. ^_^ Personally, I like to do things canon, so a looser area of time that we know some about as opposed to mostly all about, is better. One can do more because most things aren't set in concrete.

MingMing

The double edge to that preference for canon is that there is no real consequences for playing in the past.  James and Lily cannot die until they have Harry.  Severus cannot die until he passes on his secret to Harry.  In fact, nothing really bad can happen to any of the canon characters at all.  They all get their timeline drawn out because canon demands certain things, so James could be as reckless as he wants and nothing would hurt him.   :P

Toto

Perhaps, but that doesn't stop lesser characters from getting their ass handed to them in the most horrible way you can imagine. And that doesn't mean James is invincible. It just means they can't die...yet. But there are still plenty of things that could potentially be worse than dying, if played the right way. Just gotta be creative.

S U P E R RED

I agree.  Yeah playing canon can be somewhere constricting, but there are so many things that haven't been laid out that give us room to play.  I mean, like Kai and Toto have mentioned, really terrible things can still happen because there's so much we don't know about the characters lives.

Not to mention, I've played with them before and I can personally tell you that the canon is a guideline rather than a specific set of rules that you must follow or perish.

Kaileikehi

And we have a Snapey!!!! ^_^ Now we still just need a James and Sirius to complete our Marauders set and we'll be ready to go.

SylarCookie

*hums the Mysterious Ticking Noise tune*

S U P E R RED

Hey! So I have an actual plot-related question! (Rejoice!)

If you're doing the Triwizard Tournament, what are the tasks gonna be?