News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Favorite games ever.

Started by Jude, July 19, 2010, 11:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on July 23, 2010, 10:10:46 AM
Yoda said it first and best (cool Yoda as a name is in Firefox's spellchecker), "Size matters not."

Although the second one has Darth Vadar on Kamino which raises an interesting question. Why if they can clone Jedi are they stuck with Jango Fett and conscription? (I personally think it's a reconstruction not a cloning.)

Super Mario Bros. 3

Raccoon leaf, nuff said.

Well, don't forget that Darth Vader is also keeping this a secret from the Emperor..so he could be keeping the entire Cloning thing secret as well. For all we know Darth Vader and his most trusted assistants could be the only ones in the universe who know how to clone...well, outside of those that are not loyal to the empire.

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Will on July 23, 2010, 10:29:44 AM
Don't forget the frog suit!  And the hammer brother suit!  Damn, that was fun.

* Lady Annabelle prefers the boot or the tanooki suit.

All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Imogen

I finally managed to break the addiction and I will not ever play WoW again... But I can't remember just how many times I've watched this vid with friends over beer and vodka, promising eachother we would get to Molten Core too and kill this dude.

It's old news now... But NOT a single gaming experience has ever beaten the thrill of our first Ragnarok kill. I doubt anything will ever match it. EVER

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Inkidu

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

So it was the first Zelda game that I actually beat. It was fun and it set up a nice set of item combos. Bomb-arrows for the win.

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Pink-haired Link for the win.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Nyarly

Quote from: Inkidu on July 25, 2010, 04:58:07 PM
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

So it was the first Zelda game that I actually beat. It was fun and it set up a nice set of item combos. Bomb-arrows for the win.
This was the first Zelda game I ever had. And as such it will always have a special place in my heart...

Also, Link+Marin=OTP!

Dunnuck

Final Fantasy X

FFX started many things for me. Actually, it started everything. Final Fantasy X was the first RPG game and first Final Fantasy game I played. It was the first, and one of the few, games that drew legitimate emotion from me: happiness, jealousy, anger, sadness. It is one of the only games to make me cry, and the only one that made me do so multiple times. It's gripping, original, and emotional plot and driving narrative inspired me to begin writing, something which I have been doing ever since. The musical score inspired me to learn piano and take interest in multiple types of music. I have now been playing piano for years, the first song I ever learned being the game's "To Zanarkand". The game ignited a fire within me that still has not gone out or died down.

The gameplay and sphere grid are among my favorites in RPGs, which I now have played plenty of. The game feels like an enormous adventure, taking you from the high tech home of Zanarkand to the frosty mountains of Mt. Gagazette. The whole idea behind the game and the world created inspired me greatly, sparking originality in me and the drive to create a new, compelling world each time I write.

Even telling you all this, I cannot fully describe how vital this game has been in my life. The smallest spark can cause a fire, and this rings true here. Some people's inspirations are books, movies, poems, people...when I get big, and it will come, I'm gunna be the guy pointing at Square's FFX. Too me, this game is as close to perfection as it comes.

Metal Gear Solid 4

The MGS series as a whole is probably my favorite of all time (not FF because they have different stories). It's pure intellectual value show that games and progress beyond merely aim and shoot. Hideo Kojima takes reality and makes it his own. The reason I chose the final installment was because, not only did it wrap up the complex series with perfection but it did what only the game before it did: bring an emotional response to me. The entire game is cinematic and epic.