Gil's Search for Persona 5 RPs

Started by Gilgameshian, October 07, 2018, 04:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgameshian

So you saw the title and said "Hey, I like Persona 5"? Good, you're in good company because I loved the game. Liked Persona 3 and 4 as well but I'm not quite craving them as much at the moment though if someone was interested in playing them I wouldn't complain in the slightest. Do note that these RP ideas will contain game spoilers as most are either New Game + styled or Post-Game so if you haven't beat the game then you might want to just ask me unless you don't much care I suppose. As an added aside for the sake of the RP this will take place at Shujin University where appropriate so that all the characters are aged up properly to be 18-20 instead of high schoolers.

But what's the actual idea? And why the heck should you play with me anyways? Well let me answer those questions out of order.

The short version of things to know about me is I like to think I'm an alright/good writer thanks to spending a fair amount of time playing here with people who were often better than me at all of this. Play with people better than you long enough and you end up pretty alright yourself. At least I hope so. I have done one liners before but my preference by a long shot is something closer to 2 or 3 paragraphs give or take. Honestly whatever you, potential partner of mine, tend to write I'll probably tailor my responses to be close to that. At my worst I'll give one reply a week but usually I reply somewhere around every other day or every three days. I'd love to say I'll reply every day, and I am craving this so it will probably be quick replies for a while, but I'd rather give you my standard than what my ideal hope is you know? And I won't vanish without a word if I can help it. Unless something goes crazy in real life I'll let you know when I'm going away or what's going on as soon as I can.

But the ideas are what really matters right? I mean, I can talk about myself all day but if the ideas suck then who would want to play yeah? Time to move right along then.

Fooling Gods: Yaldabaoth offered a deal. One singular deal to the leader of the Phantom Thieves to turn the world into a place of perfect order. The Thieves would be celebrities bringing down those who had become too corrupt but they would simply be pieces in his game. Lavenza begged him to not take it but he did. Joker took the deal and he did it without hesitation. The world began to change and shift. But the fire of a rebellious spirit was not so easily squashed and that was precisely what he was counting on. The world changed and turned back time. He bent his wish on the "Grail" into one of his own design. He was back in time. Back in his body on the first day of class at Shujin. Things were different now. He could fix things. He had power, knowledge, Persona, and more at his disposal. This time he was going to do it right.

Pairings: Joker and any of the ladies from the game, multiples if someone happens to be willing, but I'm open to hear who someone would like to play.

----

A Helping Hand: The world seemed to be a much brighter place after the final battle was fought and won. People went back to their lives and Joker testified against Shidou. He was stuck behind bars while the team continued to try and find a way to get him out. While he was there he was visited by many people but the one he was visited by the most was the person most interested in his case and struck by his heroism: Sae Niijima. In addition to Sae pulling as many strings as she could to try and help him out she was interested in this young man who, despite everything against him, pushed forward and was even willing to face prison for his actions. When he was finally out he asked her if she wanted to talk over some of the first food he'd gotten the chance to eat that was half-decent. Maybe she'd even take him up on it.

Pairing: Joker/Sae

----

A Model Boyfriend: With the world saved things seemed to brighten up. Sure there was a rocky point when he had to move back home for a bit. His family wanted him close after the trials were all done and he was pronounced innocent. Joker needed that time to recharge but he never was far from his phone or his friends. Not just them either. Ann had been his closest friend and his closest confidante throughout everything. She was working hard at her goal to be the top model and she was still every bit as devoted as she had been. But a vacation would be nice right? So Joker agreed that they should have a getaway. A weekend trip for just the two of them somewhere nice where they could just be together and figure out how they were going to make all of this work.

Pairing: Joker/Ann

----

Getting Permission: Joker had faced gods, demons, and monsters throughout his time as a Phantom Thief. He'd always had his friends at his side for that and, with them, he could face any obstacle. This time, however, he didn't have all of his friends at his back. Not literally at least. This was something he needed to do alone. Well, with one other. He had to face down the man who had taken him in, the man he had grown to respect, to tell him that he had fallen in love with his daughter. Now Joker had to muster up the same courage he had used to put a bullet in the Holy Grail and pray that Sojiro didn't lose it.

(For the sake of this RP I like the idea that for Valentine's Day they snuck around rather than Sojiro knowing off the bat. I think it adds a little fun.)

Pairing: Joker/Futaba

----

Endless Experiment: Once things were settled for Takemi she was restored to her former reputation. Job offers came from all around and she turned all of them down in the interest of serving the people who needed her help the most. Sure it was a bit annoying to have her boyfriend off in another city but it was what it was and they stayed in touch. At least until he told her that he was going to be attending a nearby university and that he was looking for a place to move. Joker was thinking that perhaps she'd have a spare bed for him to use.

Pairing: Joker/Takemi

----

Now these are the current little ideas that bounced around my head. The ideas aren't perfectly interchangeable but the idea of Joker moving in with one of the ladies to attend university is a pretty open ended idea. I just thought of Takemi in that role first. By the same token I didn't put an idea here for Makoto or Hifumi though I like both of them because nothing specific came to mind. If you have a favorite do let me know!

I will say I only paired them with Joker because I don't know how good I would do at playing Ryuji as the main character nor am I sure who I would pair him with. Yusuke I don't even know if I could play him well. Akechi non-con with one/some of the girls is possible but very low on my list of things to play I must say. I like these characters too much to have them be involved in heavy non-con. Occasional dub-con? Sure, that could be fun.

And now, with all of that said, I'll thank you for reading this far. I hope you've found something interesting in here but if you haven't then I wish you all the best in finding another partner. The more people writing the better for all of us right?
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Gilgameshian

Giving this a very long overdue bump. Still eagerly hoping someone out there is looking to play some Persona 5!
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.