Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Muddy Waters on July 16, 2018, 12:29:29 PM
I don't know how you understood him... sounded like he had Putin's c*ck in his mouth.

+1. Im surprised you couldn't see Putin's puppet strings making trump dance. This whole display as just shameful, yet more ruining of our reputation, and making us a laughing stock for the world, and so many people are so happy to dance along and think that everything is better now than it has ever been.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Muddy Waters on July 16, 2018, 12:29:29 PM
I don't know how you understood him... sounded like he had Putin's c*ck in his mouth.

Well, he said before the talk session that he hoped to build a "fantastic relationship" with Putin, and afterwards that he hoped they would meet many more times and more trequently. Whether he would be sucking off somebody, he didn't mention. :)

(More seriously, the sound quality was dodgy, at least on the Youtube stream I was watching. Trump seemed to be mixed very low, and then suddenly his voice would come through much louder for a few seconds)  ???

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Mechelle

I have been on the ferry from the Isle of Man to back home, so I have only seen pictures (on the ferry) and had twitter coverage when I was nearer to shore.

Therefore, this is a genuine question as I have docked but am not home yet. Did the President of the United States actually give more credence to the ex-KGB Russian leader than his own security services?

Sara Nilsson

He did.

QuoteAt a news conference after the summit, President Trump was asked if he believed his own intelligence agencies or the Russian president when it came to the allegations of meddling in the elections.

"President Putin says it's not Russia. I don't see any reason why it would be," he replied.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44852812

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Mechelle on July 16, 2018, 01:08:35 PM
I have been on the ferry from the Isle of Man to back home, so I have only seen pictures (on the ferry) and had twitter coverage when I was nearer to shore.

Therefore, this is a genuine question as I have docked but am not home yet. Did the President of the United States actually give more credence to the ex-KGB Russian leader than his own security services?

I think he did, yes. At any rate, he appeared to wholly endorse the idea that what Putin and his people could tell him about the affair would be more reliable and objectively true than what insights Mueller or US courts would be able to gain into it.

There was a point when Putin said calmly: well, if these twelve Russians have been indicted by a US prosecutor, he could send us an extradition warrant and then we would question them here in Moscow and inform the US courts of what we found out (and if they should be extradited). As he said that, Trump bent his head and almost stared at him with a very dumbfounded gaze that signalled: "I didn't hear about this strategy before, Volodya, but if you say so let's do it that way!". :P

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oniya

'Did you meddle with our elections?'
'Of course we did!' <-said no intelligence officer ever.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oniya

Also, a reminder that the PROC forum is visible to non-members, and comments should be kept at an 'appropriate to public situations' level.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Oniya on July 16, 2018, 01:28:37 PM
Also, a reminder that the PROC forum is visible to non-members, and comments should be kept at an 'appropriate to public situations' level.

I apologize. I will try to be abit more impartial and self controlled.

Mechelle

Thanks, everyone.

I will "look forward" to seeing that when I am in.

TheGlyphstone

Putin agrees with Trump. The US security services disagree with him. Thats a simple binary decision for Trump to decide who is right.

Lustful Bride

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Lustful Bride on July 16, 2018, 09:04:29 PM
It seems even Fox News is having a hard time spinning this.

Will be interesting to see Trump's Twitter feed in reaction to F&F 'betraying' him like that.

Eye of Horus

The LA Times have released a video of Jefferson Che Pop, one of the detained children at the US border, being reunited with his father.

Full disclosure: I had to link another outlet (the left-leaning Canary) as the LA Times is not available in my country, but just look at the video. The boy barely reacts; he’s like a rag doll. The poor boy’s been traumatised.

Beorning

The Helsinki press conference should be a clear sign for the US Congress that it's time to impeach Trump... Seriously, this guy met with a foreign president, one whose US security services accuse of foul play regarding US elections - and then, he publicly said that the US security services aren't right, because... said foreign president told him he didn't do it.

It means one of two things: that Trump is either an absolutely gullible idiot, or in kahoots with said foreign president. Either of these things mean Trump isn't capable of being a leader.

Seriously, this is unbelieveable! Can't the Congress do anything? You guys got rid of Nixon - can't anything be done about Trump?

Oniya

Quote from: Beorning on July 17, 2018, 01:16:49 PM
You guys got rid of Nixon - can't anything be done about Trump?

Nixon resigned after the investigation reached a certain point, and Mueller has been pretty tenacious.  I do expect that he'll eventually have enough to even convince the GOP that something has to be done.  Amusingly enough, Tricky Dick also called the Watergate investigation a 'witch hunt'.  I'm waiting for 45 to plagiarize the resignation speech - although I'd settle for some original material there.

Missy

Even fox was angry at Trump, normally they'd be happy to eat his shit on any kind of platter.

Norwegian One

Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Beorning

Quote from: Norwegian One on July 17, 2018, 02:07:26 PM
Trump 'misspoke' on Russia  ::) Oh yes, clearly.

President Donald Trump says he meant the opposite when he said in Helsinki that he doesn't see why Russia would have interfered in the 2016 U.S. elections.

Back at the White House on Tuesday, the president told reporters that he said he meant he doesn't see why Russia "wouldn't" be responsible.

Oh wow. Trump's defense is: "I fail at basic command of the English language"?

Norwegian One

Quote from: Beorning on July 17, 2018, 02:14:06 PM
Oh wow. Trump's defense is: "I fail at basic command of the English language"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOPi5xiCmE4
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Eye of Horus

From the same article: “He also said he accepts the American intelligence community's conclusion that Russia interfered in the election, but he denied that his campaign had colluded in the effort.”

I don’t get it. Putin’s angle on their being interference in the US election (even if it was his own) is so he can point it out to his own citizens and say “Look, it’s just as bad over there as it is over here. We’re nothing special so don’t bother protesting!”

But how does Trump’s logic (such as it is...) run on the same story? The Russians interfered on behalf of...his opponent Hillary Clinton? If so, why does he forgive them so easily? Complaining that the Russians interfered to put himself in power is moronic for several reasons. So why does he say it? Does he just parrot without thought the words of the last person to sufficiently stroke his ego?

Avis habilis

Quote from: Eye of Horus on July 17, 2018, 02:26:37 PM
Does he just parrot without thought the words of the last person to sufficiently stroke his ego?

Yes. This is precisely what the evidence points to: he "believes" whatever the last person he spoke to told him.

RedPhoenix

Impeaching Trump won't change anything. We just get Mike Pence, who will be much more polite and a more skilled politician about doing the exact same things Trump is doing.

If you want to change things, start working for a viable candidate to beat him in 2020. I wish I could tell you who that is.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Deamonbane

Bernie seemed like a shoe-in to my eyes.

Although I think the first step right now is depriving Trump an echo-chamber in the Senate and Congress during the midterms.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: RedPhoenix on July 17, 2018, 03:13:16 PM
start working for a viable candidate to beat him in 2020. I wish I could tell you who that is.

Mechelle

At least Cthulhu, unlike Trump, would be an equal opportunity destroyer, who would kill everybody.